Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? (5779 Views)

Never Marry A Woman Who Is Addicted To Visiting Prophets: Nigerian Pastor Warns / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by richie240: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2022
Which one is d lies biko?
That osu-caste system is no longer being practiced in alaigbo or that it's a 'taboo' or nwafors to marry osus in alaigbo, hence leaving them with no choice than to marry their fellow osus or be forced to marry outside igboland?

Which Izit biko?
cool
spencekat:
Pure lies
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Elchappo: 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2022
What has light got to do with darkness..
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by frozen70(f): 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2022
Aderewah:
Igbos marry themselves and if they marry outside, it’ll be outside or a beautiful Yoruba woman or otherwise a Yoruba demon. But Igbos never marry Hausa. Is it discrimination or something else?

The question should be
Can the Hausa cope when they marry an Ibo

Ibos don't just marry to divorce, so they take their time when it comes to picking a wife outside their tribe

That doesn't mean that they don't divorce

The Hausa people are used to their system and may not cope outside of their custom and tradition

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by spiralwedge(m): 12:00am On Oct 03, 2022
Aderewah:
Igbos marry themselves and if they marry outside, it’ll be outside or a beautiful Yoruba woman or otherwise a Yoruba demon. But Igbos never marry Hausa. Is it discrimination or something else?

Leave your village and travel more.

You don’t need visa to travel around Nigeria. Broaden your horizons. There are motorparks in every state with buses departing to other places… on a daily basis and they arrive there safely. Hop on one
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by deadkamalu: 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2022
Ricardosmechito:

was she muslim?
most fulanis are not serious Muslims especially the ones in the bush,they are mostly pagans and the Muslims among them hardly pray 5times everyday. They drink alcohol,they don't dress like most Muslims especially their women etc.
Many will say but they are the chief imams,Even emirs and brought Islam to hausaland,yes they did but they are hardly fanatics.

My grandmum goes to the Anglican church and she still pray the Islam prayer at home.
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by frozen70(f): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2022
Aderewah:

Hausa women are better married and managed by their own men

Their ways are not the same with other tribes

So they are best within themselves
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by rainluv: 8:05am On Dec 04, 2022
Aderewah:

Why do hausas not marry igbos? undecided
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by rainluv: 8:10am On Dec 04, 2022
Each new day sees very unfortunate senseless creatures create useless topics on a certain tribe...

I don't know what type of stupidity this is..
To mind their lane is always very difficult for them..,such level of deep insecurities and feeling of unworthiness

Tueh..
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by wildernessVoice: 4:37am On Mar 29
I love my Yoruba brethren for this .
You can marry from any religion and spouse are free to practice their religion of choice but not with my Hausa/Fulanis.
Islam in Igbo is a scam. They convert for material gain . I've a neighbor several years ago who converted to Islam because he was getting contract in Abuja. when contract ceased, he revert his name from Sadiq back to Ikechukwu and disappeared from my environment for fear of persecution.
Igbo Kwenu.....!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caught With My Wife's Best Friend / Do All Men Cheat? / Tiger Generator Prices In Nigeria 2019 (a.k.a I pass my neighbour gen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.