Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

FULL MOON - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FULL MOON (4766 Views)

Selene: The Moon Goddess (erot!c, Romance 18+) / Moon Walker 2 [the Dark Moon] Onyeneke Abel / Honey Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 11:53am On Sep 30, 2022
Hey,pals. It's me again. Your one and only toffee and red devil fan back with yet another masterpiece. grin

Many of you may know me as the writer of these books : DARK MYSTERIES, THE SYMBOL, THE CHOSEN ALPHA series. wink

If you're seeing this thread for the first time and you don't know the books mentioned above, you can check them out in my profile cool

But for now, let's move to my new book. Full moon. wink

2 Likes

Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2022
Synopsis:

Shane Carter is a regular womanizer and weed addict who had never believed in anything supernatural or paranormal unlike his younger brother, Sam. To him, werewolves are a myth.

That is, until a werewolf disrupts his birthday celebration with his friends and brother on the night of a full moon at a cabin by the woods and causes a great tragedy. That same night the werewolf is taken care of and everyone leaves the woods to go back to the city.

For a month, everything is back to normal. Until another werewolf appears in the city on the night of a full moon. Shane encounters a loss that wounds him emotionally and this time he's faced with a big reality:

The werewolf could be someone he knows.

1 Like

Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2022
Blesstar, Yungbanks, Jupitre, youngBruzzy, Tina11, Ice4jez, youngest12, abdulreheem, MDBrand, samfrancis1, pyro10, doctorexcel,idmicheal20, Ofez, blake755, Bigdaddy1111,dejiobe, abubakarbabang7 Edisa, oluwatosin070, Bam17,xandrose, Lamize, annayawchee, Tuhndhay, abovenani, Eddysilver, Royalty189, Salahdin, DebbieSylvex,techgeniusworld, debbieadewumi09, pradoic, MariahAngel, Hypernova722, girlyy

You are summoned smiley

3 Likes

Re: FULL MOON by mariahAngel(f): 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
Following...
Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2022
PROLOGUE

The moon shone in the sky in it’s highest glory. It’s beauty and brightness illuminated the forest below. The silence of the forest was interrupted occasionally by the activities of the nocturnal creatures that dwelled within. A bat hung upside down on a tree, it’s bright red eyes glowing as it scanned around for any small prey that may run around below, while also casting patented glares at it’s rival, an owl which perched on a tree not far away. The owl paid it no mind as it looked for preys of it’s own, letting out a hoot every once in a while. Crickets chirped nearby and frogs croaked in reply. It was almost like a musical band of animals.
Suddenly, a piercing scream of agony echoed through the forest, startling the creatures and invading the peace and quiet of the night. The bat and owl put aside their natural rivalry and took off in different directions, fear reflecting in their movements.
Deep within the forest was a cabin where the scream rang within. A young woman lay on the bed in a room, writhing in intense pain. Her beautiful face was squeezed in agony as her breathing came in short gasps. Three other women were in the room, trying to restrain her. One woman of middle age held her right hand , Another held her left, the third, a teenager, held her two legs.
“ Her temperature is getting worse.” The woman holding her right hand, lifted her free hand and pressed it against the struggling woman’s temple.
The woman on the bed screamed again, this time louder. Her eyes shot open wide and her struggling became more intense. Sweat broke out from her temple and she gritted her teeth in pain.
“Hold on, Mariah.” The oldest woman said in a pleading tone.
She then turned to the youngest child.
“Christiana. Go into the shed and get a wet cloth. Make haste.” She ordered.
“Yes, mistress.” The teenager nodded and released her hold on the suffering woman’s legs.
Stepping outside, she noticed the air getting a bit chillier. She shivered as she walked into the shed nearby. Filling a wooden bucket with water, she dumped a clean cloth into it and sighed.
“I cannot believe Mistress Mariah could do such a thing.” She shook her head solemnly. “ And of all the people, it had to be…..”
Another scream cut her shut and she had to cover her ears. This scream was the loudest one yet. Soon the sound of a loud crash followed and there were more screams. Screams of fear. Her eyes widened in terror as she discovered the screams were that of the other two women.
Dropping the bucket, she sped off towards the cabin. As soon as she entered, her heart almost left her chest at the sight she met before her.
The three women were all gone. The room which was neatly arranged was now in disarray. The chairs were tossed around and scattered all over the room. The wardrobe had fallen and the mirror was cracked. Her eyes widened as she stared at the walls. There were heavy scratch marks all over them. She turned her gaze to the bed where the three woman were previously located. The bed sheet was torn, tattered and stained with blood.
“My God.” She gasped and began to walk backwards.
She bumped back first into something and she blanched. She shivered and sweat broke out of her olive skin as she felt a hot breath on the back of her neck. Then a growl followed.
Turning around slowly, she screamed……

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FULL MOON by Royalty189(f): 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
everton4life:
Blesstar, Yungbanks, Jupitre, youngBruzzy, Tina11, Ice4jez, youngest12, abdulreheem, MDBrand, samfrancis1, pyro10, doctorexcel,idmicheal20, Ofez, blake755, Bigdaddy1111,dejiobe, abubakarbabang7 Edisa, oluwatosin070, Bam17,xandrose, Lamize, annayawchee, Tuhndhay, abovenani, Eddysilver, Royalty189, Salahdin, DebbieSylvex,techgeniusworld, debbieadewumi09, pradoic, MariahAngel, Hypernova722, girlyy

You are summoned smiley

Present boss

1 Like

Re: FULL MOON by Blesstar(f): 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2022
Yayyy... cheesy
Everton is back with another blockbuster.. kiss

Following as usual..
Re: FULL MOON by Salahdin(m): 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
Coming through!!!

That was a grand cinematic opening in the prologue. Brings to mind, the opening of Ian Fleming's Diamonds are forever.

As always, you gat me riveted, man.
Re: FULL MOON by yungbanks(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
Arrived we're already anticipating
Re: FULL MOON by samfrancis1(m): 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
I’m here to stay.. cause I know it’s a beginning of something nice and interesting .: thanks for the mention Everton4life….

Gbayi
Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
Salahdin:
Coming through!!!

That was a grand cinematic opening in the prologue. Brings to mind, the opening of Ian Fleming's Diamonds are forever.

As always, you gat me riveted, man.
Thanks,man. And welcome. I hope to see more of your comments as I regularly update smiley

1 Like

Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2022
Blesstar:

Yayyy... cheesy
Everton is back with another blockbuster.. kiss

Following as usual..
Welcome,dearie wink

I hope you've gotten over Jeremy finally cheesy cheesy
Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2022
TGIF cheesy
Re: FULL MOON by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
Wow � Everton is at it again cheesy
You are one unstoppable force on this NL street! Keep it coming brother man �

Re: FULL MOON by jupitre(m): 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
Be like sey I no late to enter...
I go need popcorn to chillax with this...
Thanks for the mention man
Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 12:09am On Oct 01, 2022
Chapter 1

“What’s with the shit-eating grin on your face, Shane?”
Shane, who was seated at the reading table typing away, turned around and raised his brows at the question.
“Well, if you must know, Eddie, your boy here has managed to sell the latest car in town. And I mean the latest version.” He grinned at his friend.
“You’re pulling my legs, you S.O.B.” Eddie Jones dropped the can of beer which he was sipping from casually on the table.
“The hell I’m not.” Shane scowled at him. “I don’t joke with my paper, you feel me? You of all people should have known that by now.”
Eddie swiftly stood up and rushed towards the reading table. He stood beside his friend and bent down to peer at the laptop.
“No way! No freaking way!” He laughed in an almost maniac fashion. “20 million dollars?! Holy Bleep!”
His hazel eyes switched view from the screen to the smug grin on Shane’s face.
“Shane ‘freaking’ Carter.” Eddie shook his head in amazement. “ Just when I thought you couldn’t surprise me. How did you pull this off?”
“Perks of being an affiliate marketer.” Shane replied casually.
Eddie raised an eyebrow in disbelief.
“Alright, fine.” Shane huffed, rolling his eyes. “ I met this lady online on facebook. One fine ass MILF. We got chatting and stuff. Turns out her husband is a rich car dealer. Like the old dude is fucking loaded. So I managed to charm my way into her life with a flirting or two…”
“A flirting or two?” Eddie cut in, giving his friend a skeptical look.
“Hey, don’t butt in. Shut your ass!” Shane scolded. “ Anyway, I managed to get her to convince him to link up with me. One or two more talks and boom.”
Shane concluded his last word, slamming a clenched fist to his open palm.
Eddie chuckled and shook his head. Shane Carter was ever the charmer. And he had the looks to match up with his talents. His 6ft lithe frame with brown hair, blue eyes and well shaped jaw was his force of attraction to the opposite gender. A fact knew so well and was proud of.
“And to think all of this came in good time. The day before your birthday.” Eddie remarked.
“Tell me about it.” Shane chuckled.
“Which reminds me.” Eddie snapped his fingers remembering something.
He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a transparent sachet. Shane’s eyes widened in excitement as he realized the green contents within. It was marijuana.
“This calls for a mini celebration.” Eddie smirked and pulled out a lighter from his front pocket.
“Wait. Wait a minute.” Shane said, his eyes narrowing all of a sudden. “ You’ve had this the whole time you were here?”
“Obviously yes.” Eddie raised an eyebrow.
“Dude, you’ve been here for freaking three hours!” Shane punched him slightly at the arm. “Why are you just taking it out now? You know I work better when I have my weed!”
“Chill out, Man. It skipped my mind, okay?” Eddie rubbed his struck arm. “Besides, you’re being overdramatic. If you ask me, the delay was worth it.”
Shane glowered hard at him.
“Alright, Calm down. I was kidding.” Eddie laughed, raising his hand in surrender.
Shane shook his head and moved towards the living room with his friend following behind. Minutes later, the two were smoking the contents in bliss.
Just then, there was a knock at the door. The two friends looked at each other in confusion.
“You expecting anyone?” Eddie asked.
“Nah. You?”
“Dude, I don’t live here.”
“Right.”
“Come in.” Shane called out towards the door.
The door opened and two women entered. A slender red head and a buxom blonde. The red head wore a blazer over a white blouse with black skirt and the blonde was dressed in a tight red blouse and a knee length grey skirt. Her blue eyes sparkled with glee as she moved towards Shane.
“Hey, Juliana.” Shane smirked as she settled on his lap.
“Hello, babe.” She returned his grin and planted a kiss on his cheek.
Meanwhile the blonde sat beside Eddie and plucked the tick of weed he was smoking away from his hands.
“Hey!” He protested, though there was amusement dancing in his eyes.
The blonde ignored him and took a drag out of the stick. She blew the smoke out of her red lips and faced the others.
“So.” She smiled. “What’s the occasion?”
“Nothing new, Agnes.” Eddie replied, swiping the stick out of her hands. “Except Carter there made a mint. He sold the latest model.”
“Really?” Juliana bounced in excitement on Shane’s lap. “Congrats, babe. This is exciting!”
She held his face in her hands and planted a heated kiss on his lips. One he was very eager to return. He put his hand around her back and then lower to grope her butt.
“Hey, Hey!!” Agnes grimaced at the scene. “Take it to the bedroom.”
“It’s his house. We can do it wherever we want, Agnes. As my best friend, you’re always welcome to a front row seat.” Juliana pulled away from Shane to wink at her friend.
“Typical answer.” Agnes shook her head, her loose blonde locks dancing atop. “Anyway Shane, Juliana and I just dropped by to wish you a happy birthday in advance.”
“Yeah, that’s true.” Juliana nodded and faced her boyfriend. “Happy birthday, babe.”
“Thanks.” He grinned.
He then shook his head in amusement at Eddie and Agnes who were struggling for the stick of weed that had reduced in size.
“So any ideas of a celebration?” Juliana drew his attention back to her. “People? Venue?”
“Yeah. I have something planned alright.” He replied. “ I was….”
The door suddenly opened, cutting him short. Everyone stopped and stared towards the direction of the opened door as someone stood at the other side. As soon as Shane set his eyes on the person, he let out a long exasperated sigh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FULL MOON by Blake755: 2:01am On Oct 01, 2022
everton4life:

You are summoned smiley
You no mention me e no good angry sad
Re: FULL MOON by Blesstar(f): 7:37am On Oct 01, 2022
everton4life:
Welcome,dearie wink

I hope you've gotten over Jeremy finally cheesy cheesy
Hmmm.. *sighs sadly*
Do I have a choice
Let me not turn to a husband snatcher..
I'll cope *wipes tears*

But in the next life, I'm not giving Mandy any chance o grin
Re: FULL MOON by Edisa(m): 9:09am On Oct 01, 2022
Thanks for the mention. More ink to your pen
Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2022
everton4life:

You are summoned smiley
Blake755:

You no mention me e no good angry sad
undecided
Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2022
Chapter 2

The man stepped into the living room, his steel blue eyes scanning around. He was dressed in a police uniform with the name tag ‘SAM’ pinned to his left breast pocket. His slightly muscular frame was enough to scare anyone away. Yet, his calm facade in contrast could put them at ease. His brown hair and well chiseled jaw was nearly a copy of Shane’s.
His eyes finally settled on the group sitting on the sofa, then zoomed in on Shane. Shane gave him a dry look in return.
“Shane.” The man said plainly.
“Hello, little brother.” Shane retorted as Juliana got off his lap and sat beside him. “Can I get a reason for the unexpected visit?”
“Was on a patrol today. Just thought i could drop by and see how you’re faring….”
The cop paused and stared at the contents on the table. The remnants of the marijuana was glaring for all to see.
“Apparently, you seem to be doing fine.” He scowled.
“Hey, Sam.” Eddie waved slightly. “How’s it going?”
“Edward.” Sam nodded curtly.
He then stared at the two ladies. Agnes gave a nervous smile and Juliana shifted uncomfortably on the couch. Sam sighed and turned his attention back to Shane.
“Shane, I thought we’ve talked about this several times.” He nodded towards the table containing the remnants.
“Come on Sam, would you take a chill pill for once in your life?” Shane groaned, rubbing his forehead. “ I didn’t commit any crime for bleeps sake.”
“Are you kidding me?” Sam glared at him. “ You know marijuana is illegal here. You get caught with this stuff outside this house and it’s jail time. No long story. You do realize you’re putting a strain on my job here.”
“Well, thank you for caring about my welfare, little bro.” Shane laughed dryly. “ So tell me. Why are you really here? You’re not here to arrest me, are you?”
With that, the tension between the siblings was lifted and there were chuckles from Eddie and Agnes. Juliana smiled a bit.
“No, I’m not.” Sam rolled his eyes. “ But you have to really be careful with this stuff. Word gets out, you get in jail and I lose my job.”
“Okay, Dad.” Shane raised his hands up, the sarcasm dripping in his voice.
“Now back to the question. Why…are…..you….here?” He punctuated the latter sentence with air quotes.
“I came to wish you a happy birthday in advance.” Sam folded his arms, a slight smirk on his lips. “ I will be on duty tomorrow and will miss your inevitable celebration so I thought I should let you know that at least I didn’t forget. Call it overcompensation.”
“Right.” Shane raised an eyebrow. “Thanks, I think?”
“See?” Eddie elbowed him. “People remembered.”
“So what are your plans? How do you want to celebrate it?” Sam walked in fully and closed the door behind him.
“ I was about mentioning it earlier, you know, before you barged in without knocking.” Shane glared at his brother.
“Cop’s instinct. You may have to get used to it.” Sam shrugged indifferently.
Shane rolled his eyes and stood up from the couch. He moved over to the reading table and moments later, he returned with the laptop and placed it on the table in front of the group.
“I’ve been thinking of trying something new. Something different.” An excited grin spread on Shane’s face as he surfed the net.
“Every year, it’s always the same boring celebration.” He continued. “ But this year, I found the perfect location.”
He pointed to the screen. “Right here.”
The rest of the group looked at the screen and a surprised expression crossed their features. The laptop screen displayed a dilapidated cabin in the middle of the woods.
“Hold on a minute.” Juliana said. “Is that….a cabin?”
“You’re celebrating your birthday in a cabin?” She stared at Shane incredulously.
“I don’t get it, Shane.” Agnes added. “Why there?”
“Oh, come on, guys. Why don’t we try something different for a change?” Shane ignored their scrutinizing looks. “Don’t you want an adventure?”
Sam was quiet. He narrowed his eyes at the picture as a sudden sense of dread filled him.
“Oh, I want an adventure alright.” Eddie was saying. “But this is bleeped up. Couldn’t we try a waterfall, resort or something?”
“Nope.” Shane shook his head. “This place is perfect.”
“It looks creepy though.” Agnes cringed.
“And deservedly so.” Sam who had been quiet for a while since the revelation finally spoke up.
Everyone turned their gazes to him.
“What are you talking about?” Shane questioned.
“I’ve heard a lot of tales about that cabin.” Sam replied, his expression darkening. “And trust me when I say you guys don’t want to go there.”
“What?” Shane deadpanned.
“Look, Shane. Any other place would be fine to me.” Sam faced his brother. “But not that cabin. That place is bad news and from what I know, it has a terrible history.”
Juliana and Agnes paled a bit at his sentence. Eddie raised an eyebrow in interest.
“Are you for real, Sam?” Shane frowned. “It’s just a cabin. You can’t tell me you actually believe in all those voodoo stuff. So what are you trying to say? That there are demons, witches, vampires, werewolves, ghosts and stuff there? Come on, give me a break.”
“Listen to me for once, Shane!” Sam’s voice increased a bit, startling the rest of the group. “Whether those things you mentioned exists or not is one of my damn business. What matters is that place should be avoided. It’s bad news. There are some rumors one could take for granted and some which may hold meaning. And trust me, this one holds meaning.”
“It’s quite a pity.” Shane shook his head with a grin. “That I’ll have to disagree with you….as always. We’re having my birthday bash in that place and that’s final.”
“There really is no changing your mind, is there?” Sam sighed, shaking his head.
“No. I’m quite stubborn when I want to be, little bro. You of all people should have known that by now.”
“Thought as much.” Sam muttered and stood up.
“In that case.” He announced. “I’m coming along.”
“Now hold just a damn minute….” Shane protested.
“No. You’re not changing my mind.” Sam cut him off. “ I’ll make a call at the department and let them know I’ll be off duty tomorrow.”
“You can’t…”
“Oh yes I can. I’ll be coming along with you to make sure you all make it out without any sort of bullshit happening there.”
Shane stared agape at his brother. He opened his mouth but no words could come out. Sam walked towards the door. Before he stepped out, he turned around and smiled defiantly at Shane.
“You’re not the only one who can be stubborn. It runs in the blood.”
He gave a small wink and made his exit.
For a few minutes, all was silent. And then Eddie finally opened his mouth.
“Damn. Your brother is hardcore.”

“So let me try and understand this, detective Carter.” A gruff male voice rung out through the speaker of the phone placed on the table in the kitchen. “You’re not going to be at the office tomorrow?”
“Yes, Sir.” Sam sat in front of the table, staring intensely at the phone. “I’m afraid I’m feeling under the weather.”
There was a long sigh at the other end. The sound elicited a feeling of guilt within Sam and his eyes dropped a bit. He really hated lying but this was something he felt was necessary. Once again he had to take a gamble thanks to his brother’s bone-headedness and thrill for unnecessary risks.
“This is really coming at a bad time.” The voice continued. “I really needed you and Detective Perry. There is an urgent case that requires the expertise of you both.”
“I’m really sorry about that, Sir.” Sam coughed in an act to sound convincing.
“No, it’s alright. I’ll assign Detective Jones to fill in for you. I know Detective Perry is going to hate this but she’ll have to make do. You rest and take good care of yourself.”
“Thank you, Sir.”
“Goodnight, Carter.”
“Goodnight, Sir.”
The phone clicked and Sam ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. He loved his work as dearly but he really had to push it aside. Besides, it was only for one day. The thought of heading to the cabin the next day filled him with great apprehension. He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. This was a 50-50 gamble he had to make. He had to go along. If nothing happened to any of them there, fine, he would be wrong. But if something were to happen….
A visible look of intensity crossed Sam’s face. He quickly stood up and went to his basement. Returning minutes later with a bag, he opened it and inspected the contents within. There were A revolver loaded with silver bullets, a rifle, holy water, stakes, a large bulb of garlic, a silver stake and a dagger. If the rumors he heard of that place were true or not, he was not willing to take any chances.
A chuckle escaped his throat as he imagined the mocking tone of Shane if the latter discovered the weapons. His brother would mock him for eternity for his belief in the supernatural.
Seconds later, the laughter ceased. Sam clenched his fists.
Then a dark look crossed his face.

5 Likes

Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2022
Happy weekend cheesy

1 Like

Re: FULL MOON by Tina11: 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
everton4life:

You are summoned smiley
Thanks for the mention
Re: FULL MOON by Ofez: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2022
Just saw this today, thanks for the mention.
Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2022
Happy Sunday cheesy
Re: FULL MOON by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2022
everton4life:
Happy Sunday cheesy
Same to you boss
Re: FULL MOON by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2022
everton4life:
Happy Sunday cheesy
Same to you bro
Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 12:09am On Oct 03, 2022
Chapter 3

“And there goes the last one.” Shane grunted as he lifted a heavy bag into the trunk of his car and slammed it shut.
It was a few hours after dawn the next day and the whole gang were present. Shane had limited the invitation to Eddie and the two girls. Then there was the impromptu presence of Sam.
“Can’t wait.” Juliana stretched a bit. “ I still don’t buy the idea of that creepy place but at least it’s good to be around some open space every once in a while.”
“Don’t you have all the open space in the store where you work?” Eddie raised an eyebrow.
Juliana stared at him flatly.
“Alright, alright.” He raised his hands in surrender. “Just saying.”
Juliana shook her head and made her way over to Agnes standing beside Eddie’s car.
“So, you got everything we need?” Eddie asked Shane.
“Yeah.” Shane replied. “The grills, tents, speakers.”
“And the stuff?” Eddie coughed discreetly.
“What?”
“You know…” Eddie lowered his voice as his eyes drifted to Sam walking by them.
“The green.” He added in a whisper. “The stuff that gets us high?”
“Oh.” Shane caught on. “Sure thing. You kidding me? You think I would forget something like that?”
“You guys know I can hear you, right?” Sam called out to them. The duo blanched and spun around. There was a disapproving look on his face.
“Come on, little bro. Just this once.” Shane whined. “ It’s my birthday for Pete’s sake.”
“Yeah.” Eddie added. “Cut loose just for today.”
Sam sighed and shook his head. He opened the back seat of his car and dumped his bag inside. Shane and Eddie shared grins, taking his ignorance as a sign of approval.
“Now that’s what we’re talking about.” Shane cheered, bumping fists with Eddie.
“This guy will be the death of me.” Sam grumbled to himself. “Oh, the irony.”
“Alright.” Shane clapped his hands. “I guess we’re all set. Let’s move.”
Just then , an unfamiliar car made its way to the front of the house to the surprise of everyone.
“ What the flying hell?” Shane tilted his head sideways. “ I didn’t invite anyone else.”
“Yeah, Shane.” Agnes spoke up, a guilty look on her face. Shane turned his gaze to her. “ About that…”
Before she completed her sentence, the unfamiliar car made a beep and someone stepped out. Shane’s vision filled with red on seeing the person. It was a young man of his age with blonde hair, blue eyes and an air of arrogance. All decorated on a slim muscular frame.
“Harry?!” Shane growled at him. “What the Bleep are you doing here?”
“Same old Carter.” Harry smirked. “ Always feisty and hot tempered, not to mention witless. Heard you’re planning to celebrate your party in the dumbest of locations so I had to see for myself. I have to say I have not been this amused in a long time.”
Harry shifted his gaze to Juliana.
“Hello, Jules.” His winked.. “ Long time.”
Juliana winced inwardly and quickly stood behind Shane, hiding partially. Eddie advanced forward, Agnes held her arm nervously and Sam leaned on his car, interest reflecting on his face.
“Get the hell out of here, Harry.” Shane clenched his fists. “ You were not invited.”
“Oh, on the contrary I was.” Harry retorted smugly, nodding his head towards Agnes. “By my cousin.”
“Agnes?” Juliana stared at her friend in disbelief.
“You called him?” Eddie added.
Shane faced Agnes with a questioning look.
“Look, guys.” Agnes felt a bit of fear at their gaze. “ I just thought he needed it. I haven’t seen him in ages.”
“And you thought the best way for a reunion is at my birthday?” Shane asked, staring at her like she had two heads.
“Please, Shane.” Agnes pleaded. “Let him just come along.”
“He’ll behave.” She added, casting a warning gaze to Harry. Harry merely shrugged with an expressionless look.
“Sorry to cut this drama short.” Sam leaned away from his car and pointed to his wrist. “But we’re burning daylight here. Shane, I think now might be the time to make up your mind. Let’s get this over with.”
Shane shifted his gaze at intervals between Harry’s remorseless look and Agnes’ pleading one.
“Fine.” He relented.
“Thank you.” Agnes sighed in relief.
“But if he does anything to ruin my day, he won’t make it back from that place in one piece.” Shane casted a warning glare to Harry’s gaze.
Juliana’s frown deepened as she saw the smile appear on Harry’s face.
“Good. All is settled then. Now let’s get moving.” Sam said, then entered his car.
It took roughly more than two hours to reach their destination. Sam had a look of apprehension on his face as soon as they arrived at the cabin. Everyone stepped out of their cars and surveyed the place. The cabin was old and shabby. A dilapidated shed stood nearby with the door broken out of it’s hinges. The cabin itself had an ancient look to it. On peering closer, Sam noticed that the front door was locked. He moved backwards a bit and saw a large, gaping hole in the roof. He narrowed his eyes.
“Wow.” Eddie whistled, rubbing his chin. “It looks way bigger than the picture.”
“And way creepier.” Agnes shivered, holding his arm for support.
“Took the words out of my mouth, girlfriend.” Juliana swallowed and held on to Shane.
Harry gave her a bemused grin. An action which was not missed by Shane. He sent the blonde a vicious glare and the latter averted his gaze.
“Remind me again why you chose to have your birthday celebration here again?” Sam grumbled, opening the back door of his car and reaching inside.
“Don’t tell me you’re already developing cold feet, detective.” Shane retorted in sarcastic fashion.
“On the contrary, Shane, I’m just concerned. I know you can act out of character sometimes but this is another level” Sam came out and slammed the door shut.
Shane noticed a revolver in his brother’s hand.
“Really, Sam?” He said flatly. “ I thought we were here to have fun.”
“Doesn’t mean we should not be careful.” Sam replied. He corked his weapon swiftly and faced the group. “Okay, everyone. I guess you can start unpacking and set up the stuff. I’m going to have a look around. Look sharp and stay sharp.”
With that being said, he disappeared into the woods.
Shane sighed and shook his head as he watched the retreating figure of his brother.
“Your brother is quite the character.” Eddie laughed and slung an arm around Shane’s shoulder. “ It’s kind of funny though. I don’t remember him always being like this.”
“He never was.” Shane said.
“He never was.” He repeated solemnly to himself.

Sam wiped the sweat off his forehead as he trudged along the woods. The sun was out in it’s full, searing glory and he thanked his instincts that he chose to wear a plain, white T-shirt and grey shorts otherwise he would have been half baked by now.
The atmosphere was quite calm and serene and the only noises heard were the chirping of birds. The surrounding area looked like it was painted expertly. If it wasn’t for the stories he heard and the disturbing appearance of the cabin, Sam would have believed the area was the perfect hang out for anyone. His eyes lowered solemnly as those stories brought back memories of bad dreams he had as a child. Dreams that made him wake up in a start and beg Shane to let him share a room for the night. He shook his head roughly and cleared the thoughts away.
Sam looked up an oak tree to see a squirrel munch on an acorn and smiled. The small rodent seemed to acknowledge him and disappeared into a hole on the tree.
“Little rascal.” Sam chuckled.
Just then, there was the sound of the a snapping of a twig. Sam narrowed his eyes intensely and spun around. He clenched his revolver tight and aimed it towards the direction of the sound. There were more sounds and it was now evident to him that it was footsteps. Small footsteps. And they were approaching his way. The louder they got, the tighter his grip on his weapon and the more the intensity in his eyes. The owner of the footsteps stepped out in full view and Sam’s eyes widened a bit in surprise.
Few meters away from him stood a large grey wolf. It’s fur shone brightly and it’s ears stood erect in apprehension. It’s golden eyes glowered at Sam and it let out a low growl.
“Well, I’ll be damned.” Sam said lowly. He gazed in utter fascination at the canine which seemed not to be leaving anytime soon.
“I thought wolves moved in packs.” He pondered. “Why is this one alone?”
Suddenly dread filled him and he spun around to survey the area properly.
“Could this be a hunting formation?” He blanched. He remembered documentaries of wildlife he watched as a kid. How lions and wolves hunted. Especially the latter. How an alpha wolf would create a formation involving the rest of the pack to surround the prey and block any means of escape.
The wolf growled again. Sam waited but there were no more footsteps. In fact, the woods became even more silent than usual as if acknowledging the tension between man and wolf.
Before Sam could think of his next action, the wolf let out a snort and began to strut away towards the direction it came from. Pausing, it turned around and gave Sam a long gaze. Sam couldn’t read any meaning to the look. Moments later, it scampered away.
Sam lowered his gun, sighing in relief. Then a worried expression filled his eyes.
“Something doesn’t feel right.” He muttered.
He spun around and made his way back to the cabin.

2 Likes

Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 12:10am On Oct 03, 2022
Chapter 4

For the whole of the day, there was no unusual incident at the cabin. Everything was set up. The tents were set up in a circle in front of the cabin and a large grill stood in their middle with Shane grilling steak. Everything went smoothly and the celebrations went as Shane planned. Well, except when he and Eddie unwrapped a pack of weed and began to smoke it gleefully much to the annoyance of Sam. However, Shane noticed his brother had been quiet since he came back from his short patrol. Juliana stood beside Shane as he busied himself with the grill, pausing to take a puff from his roll of weed. She glanced momentarily at Harry and Agnes who stood by Harry’s car discussing. Harry sent her a devious grin and she looked away. Agnes caught this and scowled at him.
“What?” He gave her an innocent look.
“Seriously, Harry.” Agnes said. “I thought you would have stopped this childish behavior by now. Can’t you let it go?”
“Why should i?” Harry asked. He then glared at an oblivious Shane. “He stole my girl.”
“The way I remember it, you broke up with her.” Agnes countered.
“Same difference.”
“No, it’s not!”
“Look, I’m trying to be rational here.”
“How?” Agnes raised an eyebrow. “ You just woke up one day and ended a two year relationship with my friend. By text, if I might add. For no good reason, might I add again. And then you act like you want her back?”
“You don’t understand.” Harry groaned. “ I never wanted to end it with her. She forced my hand.”
“How?” Agnes queried.
“It’s complicated. It would sound strange to you but Juliana is not the kind of woman you think she is.” Harry said.
“Oh?” Agnes raised her brows in mock interest. “What kind is she?”
Harry did not reply.
“That’s what I thought. Till today you never gave me a reason why you cut ties with her” Agnes shook her head. “ It’s time you let it go. She’s happy with another guy. Shane is a good guy. A loyal one.”
She made her way towards the grill, leaving her cousin bemused.
“Is he?” Harry whispered, casting a heated gaze at Shane.
He was very well aware of who Shane was. A chronic womanizer and he knew very well that Juliana was inevitably going to be a temporary fling. As for Juliana, a pang of pain pierced Harry’s heart as he remembered the texts he saw on her phone. The love texts from different men. And what hurt worse was that she responded in affirmative to them. He was pained that no one saw her for who she really was. A woman who only cared about material things not the perfect angel that worked in an electronic store. The more Harry reflected on the issue, the more he realized Shane and Juliana fit each other. In the worst way possible.
Hours later with everyone filled to the brim with food and drinks, they gathered around a campfire. The full moon was out in it’s glory casting an added glow to the surroundings.
“Alright guys, I’ll like to make a toast.” Shane stood up and raised his can of beer.
Everyone looked at him attentively. From his swaying movements one could tell he had a lot to drink. And smoke. Sam shook his head and sighed.
“Tonight has been one of the best and greatest nights of my life.” Shane continued. “ Though it was different from what one would normally expect, I couldn’t have asked for something better. You guys made my day.”
“Asshole included.” He nodded to Harry, receiving the middle finger in return.
“I hope this would be a night to remember. To friends…” He raised his can of beer to the group.
“To friends.” They cheered in unison. Harry excluded. He just rolled his eyes.
“And family.” Shane turned to his left, raising his can towards Sam.
However, his brother’s attention was at the woods. He had been on his feet and had his eyes narrowed.
“What the hell, Sam?!” Shane cried out, startling him. “What’s wrong with you? Is there something you want to tell us? You’ve been acting strange since you came back from the woods hours ago? Hell, you didn’t even scold me and Eddie for smoking a lot more than usual today. What’s got you on edge?”
Everyone had their eyes on Sam now. Before he could open his mouth to speak, a voice from the darkness within the woods cut him off:
“He has every reason to be frightened.”
Everyone scrambled to their feet at the sound of the voice. The ladies ran to their respective partners for protection. Sam pulled out his gun and aimed it towards where the voice came from. Moments later after, the sound of footsteps, two people emerged from darkness.
A tall elderly man whom the voice belonged to was balanced on his walking stick next to a younger man in his early thirties. The old man had pale skin, black hair with grey at the sides and keen sharp brown eyes. The younger man had a sterner appearance with a solid muscular frame and eyes that mirrored the old man’s. His black hair was tied in a loose ponytail and he carried a small green bag.
“Who the hell are you?” Shane scowled, putting a protective arm around Juliana. Eddie, Agnes and Harry stood not far off. Sam tightened his hold on the gun.
The old man maintained a calm façade.
“Please lower your weapon.” He faced Sam. “ I mean you no harm.”
“And him?” Sam faced the younger man.
“That remains to be seen.” The younger man snorted in arrogance.
“Michael!” The old man scolded. “Behave yourself!”
The younger man muttered some incoherent words presumed to be Spanish and fell silent. The old man shook his head and faced the group.
“Pardon my intrusion.” He faced the group. “My name is Mark Gonzalez.”
“And this is my son, Michael.” He pointed to the younger man.
“Okay?” Shane raised an eyebrow in curiosity.
“As I said earlier.” Mark continued and faced Sam. “ The young man has every reason to be wary of this place. You people should not have come here. Especially on a night like this.”
“Why?” Eddie queried, his interest piqued.
“That cabin…” He pointed to the mentioned building. “….Is the birth of a five hundred year old curse.”
He walked towards the group and a his eyes narrowed intensely.
“The curse that began with the first werewolf.” He said.

2 Likes

Re: FULL MOON by everton4life(m): 12:11am On Oct 03, 2022
Chapter 5

Silence filled the area as soon as Mark finished his statement. A sudden chilling breeze wafted through the camp. The bonfire crackled with the impact. Juliana shivered and leaned into Shane. The latter shook his head in utter disbelief.
“So it’s true?” Sam finally found his voice. He lowered his gun. “ The rumors were true?”
“It is more than just rumors and myths, young man.” Mark sighed. “It is a true tale. You all noticed that the door of that cabin is locked. It has been like that for centuries because of something dreadful that happened within.”
“Well, this should be entertaining.” Shane muttered dryly. He seemed to have sobered up.
Mark ignored him. He saw the looks on the rest of the group’s faces and knew what it meant. Despite the tension, they wanted to know more. He cleared his throat and began:
“This whole thing started five hundred years ago with two friends. Gabriella and Mariah. The two were as close as , how do you say, two peas in a pod. Mariah was the daughter of a sheep merchant. She came from the long line of the man who domesticated the first wolf: what you know as dogs nowadays. As such, her family kept wolves as pets and also used them as guards for the sheep. Gabriella on the other hand was a powerful witch who had yet to fulfill her potential. Her magic depended on her emotional state rather than her will power. So it was of everyone’s safety and best interest to keep her in good terms and sound mind. When she reached of age, she was engaged to a hunter. Then that was were everything went downhill. That was were it all went wrong.”
Mark paused and coughed violently, leaning into his stick for support. Michael patted him on the back gently. The silence lengthened as everyone waited for him to continue. He cleared his throat and resumed:
“On the night of the full moon. Gabriella paid an unexpected visit to her betrothed. It was a very shocking experience to see the man who she was to share the rest of her life with another woman in bed. And the other woman? None other than her friend, Mariah. The one who she called sister. Gabriella was devastated. It felt like a dagger was put through her heart. In an act of rage and sorrow from the betrayal, her powers manifested and she slaughtered her betrothed right on the spot.”
Gasps rang through the camp after the last sentence. Shane, however still had his arms folded and the disbelieving look was still on his face.
‘Give me a break.’ He grumbled in thought.
“As for Mariah?” Mark resumed. “She wasn’t spared. Gabriella placed a curse on her. On every full moon for the rest of her life, she would be made to share in the fate of her pets, the wolves. She would go through the physical pain of transforming into a creature neither man or wolf, but something in between. Then she would be faced with the emotional trauma of killing the ones she loved without even meaning to. Mariah was rushed to her home, that cabin you see before you today, to try and get a treatment. But instead the curse was fulfilled, giving birth to the first werewolf and creating a terrible tragedy. This curse was passed down to her descendants till this day.”
“So what you’re trying to tell me is that werewolves are real.” Shane said flatly.
“Yes.” Mark replied. “ Back to my tale. After the second day she endured the curse, Mariah went to Gabriella. She pleaded with her to lift the curse but Gabriella refused. She told her friend to leave and never return or she would place a more devastating curse. However, Gabriella had a younger sister, Arianna, who also shared her powers. Arianna offered to help Mariah but she couldn’t lift the curse as her powers were not as strong as her elder sister’s. She could only neutralize it. She reduced the curse to fifty years. Mariah had to suffer the curse for only fifty years. So could her descendants. The first born to be specific.”
Mark concluded his tale and stared at the full moon. He then turned to the group again.
“Today is the day of the full moon. I advice you people to leave this place. Please, for your own good.” He had a pleading look in his eyes.
“Brilliant.” Shane clapped sarcastically. “Just brilliant. Listen pops, I maybe a stoner but I’m not crazy enough to fall for such cheap jokes, myths and fairytales. Werewolves? Are you for real?”
“Shane..” Sam warned.
“No.” Shane cut him off with a glare. “You want to tell me you believe all this, Sam?”
Sam didn’t reply. The look on his face was all the answer Shane needed. Shane stared at the rest of the group and they all had similar demeanors.
“Are you guys kidding me right now?” He cried out in shock.
“The story is true.” Michael finally spoke. A deadly scowl appeared on his face as he scanned the group. “ If you people love yourselves, you would leave this place this very minute.”
“Well, we’re not going anywhere.” Shane said defiantly. He stood his ground and glared daggers at Michael. “ Today was supposed to be one of the best days of my life and I’m not going to let it be ruined by some goddamn fable. We’re camping here for the night and that’s final. Let the werewolf, Dracula, Count Frankenstein, Quasimodo or Igor come. I dare it.”
Tension filled the air again. Mark and Michael stared at the group. Shane narrowed his eyes back at the duo.
“I won’t say we did not warn you.” Michael sighed.
“Let’s go, Pa.” He said to his father.
Mark shook his head sadly as he slowly followed his son towards the entrance of the woods. Before he disappeared into it, he cast one long gaze at the group. Shane could have sworn it was either a pleading or warning look.
The silence lingered for minutes after the duo left.
“Well, that was…” Eddie paused to think of a word.
“Bizarre?” Agnes offered.
“Creepy is more like it.” Julian put in. She still had a worried look on her face
“That’s it. I’m off to bed.” Eddie stood up and stretched. “You coming, babe?” He faced Agnes.
“You don’t need to ask me twice.” Agnes replied and followed him into his tent.
“Great. I didn’t bring a tent.” Harry muttered.
“And who’s fault is that?” Shane stated rhetorically.
“You can use my tent.” Sam offered, sensing another incoming squabble between the two.
“Really? Where will you sleep?” Harry asked.
“Who said anything about sleep?” Sam scowled. He stood up and examined his revolver. Then he narrowed his eyes towards the woods. “ I’m going on patrol.”
Harry shrugged and made his way towards Sam’s tent.
“Hey, Shane. Are you coming?” Juliana had stood up. She tilted her head towards Shane’s tent.
“No” Shane stood up and placed a gentle kiss on her temple.
“I’m going with him.” He turned his gaze towards Sam. Juliana had a confused look on her face.
“Are you serious?” Sam raised an eyebrow.
“Yeah. Are you going to stop me?” Shane responded with a question of his own.
“No. Join the ‘fun.’ ” Sam shrugged. “It would be pointless trying to stop you.”
“Got that right.”
Juliana watched as the brothers walked into the woods. For a strange reason, she did not feel at ease.

3 Likes

Re: FULL MOON by Salahdin(m): 12:51am On Oct 03, 2022
everton4life:
Thanks,man. And welcome. I hope to see more of your comments as I regularly update smiley

I gat you big, man. Although I must air my opinion as regards the last book. I was actually offed by the last few updates of the book. I think you were a little bit unfair with the Vampires. You make them seem weak and inferior. A little twist would have given the book a grand ending. Some loss recorded on the werewolves' end would have been just perfect. Imagine killing off Mandy, Dahlia, and maybe Verona or June. Also, I feel Dominic didn't live up to being that fearsome vampire. Why would he die without putting up much of a fight?

Anyways, I want to believe that's not you writing in those last chapters. You have let your emotions and that of your readers get in your way. Because the Everton I know will never give such an ending to a great story.

Tell you what bro, finishing with the unexpected is what makes a great story. So please try and tweak some things before you go live with the book.

Always rooting for you, man!!!

1 Like

Re: FULL MOON by Salahdin(m): 1:42am On Oct 03, 2022
Wait, Everton did I ever tell you, your dialogues are top-notch?

I think it is one of your strongest suits as a writer aside from your plot and narrative style. Anytime I read the dialogues in your story, I'm just wowed, and I can't help thinking if you're a Nigerian or not.

Anyways, I guess it's time to reveal that.

Btw, I've only read five chapters of the Full Moon, and I am quite certain it's gonna be a superb read. Gat me feeling the vibes of the dark mysteries already with the hints of horror, superstition, and cheekiness.

One question though, have you by any chance read any of these authors; Douglas Clegg and Dean Koontz?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Article Published In A Nigerian Newspaper???? / Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. / The Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.