Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Adoption Is Not Worth It At All - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adoption Is Not Worth It At All (44141 Views)

I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country / Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by DJInfluence: 7:19am On Oct 02, 2022
This story is incomplete. How old were the boys before adoption?
What were there living conditions living with their adopted family.e.g how many kids and adults were in the family they were adopted into?
Where they loved, cared for and treated well by the family that they felt like part of the family?
There are so many things that affects a child's life growing up, because even biological kids do beat up their parents and do some of the things you mentioned here. So what kind of training was given to these kids?
Making a blanket statement like the OP is not correct but people should do their due diligence before adopting and ensure to treat the kids as their own too.

3 Likes

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Caseless: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

Majority of the names you listed where kids raised without their fathers but by their mothers or aunt. Or extended family
which means they were raised by their blood relatives
Compared to those who are raised by totally different familes
For 1 successful adopted kid
There are 1000 more that are not successful
Many were adopted and they made it in life. Being by a mad woman doesn't make any child automatically mad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by shemysgad: 9:33am On Oct 02, 2022
* A child given birth to by good parents can still end up a bad child.
* I've seen twins grow up with totally different characters. One really good, the other very bad.
* Please next time you make such post, consider the fact that some of your audience are adopted and doing well with Thier families.
* Try to add MY PERSONAL OPINION to sensitive posts such as this.

Thanks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by sexuential: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2022
PoliteActivist:

How can you say adoption is not worth it BASED ON ONE EXAMPLE??!!
So many very successful people and celebrities were adopted as a baby, and even some had a mentally ill biological parent (like Monroe). See below

Ur examples need to be looked at critically. 80% of them were adopted by people who are either relatives or who knew the child's parent rather than unknown parents. Also, the mother of the child followed suit to the new home by marriage. Which means the child is not with complete new family members.

Nature Vs nurture

"What is" still remains "what it is".
Nuturing just helps it accomplish its nature conveniently.
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by PoliteActivist: 10:28am On Oct 02, 2022
sexuential:

Ur examples need to be looked at critically. 80% of them were adopted by people who are either relatives or who knew the child's parent rather than unknown parents. Also, the mother of the child followed suit to the new home by marriage. Which means the child is not with complete new family members.

Nature Vs nurture

"What is" still remains "what it is".
Nutrient just helps it accomplish its nature conveniently.

Sooo,
How do you explain siblings who turn out polar opposites though raised by SAME parents simply because one was SPOILT by the parents growing up??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by KristaPretty(f): 11:18am On Oct 02, 2022
Such is expected when you do not train a child the right way, adopted or blood!

Your dad's friend did terrible parenting.
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by GreyLaw(m): 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2022
Useless post! There is a man called Derek Prince who adopted and raised 25 kids in his lifetime and they all turned out useful humans.

Isn't it a pity that someone who doesn't know the difference between loving a child and spoiling a child is giving advice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by truthhurts2: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2022
Fahvvy:

That a person has a genetic predisposition to a trait doesn't mean that, that trait will ALWAYS find expression undecided...

Lemme give you an example...
Are you aware that diabetic can also be caused by genetics? That is to say, there is a genetic predisposition to diabetes....

However, not everyone who has this genetic predisposition to diabetes end up having diabetes, you know why?

That's because once they discover that they have a genetic predisposition to diabetes (usually from family history), they take measures to put it at Bay and as such, they can live their lives without ever having diabetes even though they have a genetic predisposition to it...

So NO genetics isn't always "stronger" and sometimes "nurture" can triumph nature undecided...

Secondly...
What the OP described above are social vices: Yahoo, cultism, etc...
And the last time I checked, social vices aren't genetical.... That is, there is no "cultistic genes" or "yoohic genes" in man grin...

So how those kids turned out to be, is Majorly environmental, ie, how they were raised undecided...
Pls watch ur back, I will find you and I will marry you because, I fuccking love you grin

You've said it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by leonard002(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2022
The question is : Is there a genetic predisposition to bad behaviour? If there is, then that answers so many questions. Personally and from experience with people, I believe there is a genetic reason why people from similar places behave in a certain way. Genes that affect behaviour exist. So the OP has a point

Though nurture plays a huge role. Nature's role should not be waved off
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by pointblank247(m): 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
Epositive:
The deliquencies exhibited by these kids have little to do with being adopted. It's more of poor upbringing and peer pressure. Even well-trained biological kids are falling short so...?
You are just being overzealous here. If you had raised points on medical issues, that would have been more rational. Even at that, nothing is guaranteed even with your own biological children.

If you are an orphan, or you lost one parent at an early age or you were greatly sponspored by a relative, you might appreciate adoption better.

I intend to adopt atleast 2 kids later in life, if I'm comfortable enough to cater for them. To give them a good life they may never had. My own way of contributing to humanity and as an extension of love towards children.
there are characters that one can inherite from parents
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by Epositive(m): 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
pointblank247:
there are characters that one can inherite from parents

Agreed. Environmental factors are very potent too when it comes character formation in children.
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by FarmTech(m): 10:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
Adoption is like suicide.
You don't know what you are putting your hand in
Because 90% of kids in orphanage homes
Have no history or records of their father and mother
Do you know if the mother was a Mad woman?
Now you adopt a child who has genetics of a Mad woman.
When the boy grows up and start acting like his mother what are you gonna do??

Basically, you dont know anything about the history of the child you are adopting .
While there are some who turn out great.
Majority of adopted kids turn out to be a huge mistake

Edit:
A lot of emotional children will attack me
Without seeing the hard bitter truth
This reminds me of when in 2014 i advise lots of youths not to vote Buhari
But they were so emotional and attacked me
Now it's 2022 and they are crying and wailing

When you tell people hard truth they will attack and call you names.
The did it to Jesus
So if you emotional kids can't handle this bitter truth then that's your business.
If you like go and adopt unknown gunman pikin then when he start exhibiting the genes and behaviour of his bandit father.
You will start crying and wailing as usual.

A russian man love a child unconditionally
Adopted him and took great care of him
But the boy still later killed the man.
Stole his properties and flees to Turkey

So will you blame the Man that adopted him for not showing the boy love

Nuture a kid when he is small
His true nature will come out once he grows up.

If you adopt, also make sure you lead them to Christ and help them break any ancestral powers following them. "Love" is not enof.
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by BeardedMeat(m): 1:52am On Nov 07, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

That is what my girl says whenever she start losing argument..
When you have nothing intelligent to say
You begin to call people childish
I have dealt with many girls like you
Once they start losing argument they start calling you childish lmao
Una format don cast since
If all the girls say you are childish, you really maybe childish judging the outcome of one incident as a general rule.
Re: Adoption Is Not Worth It At All by capnies: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2022
FeliciaOja:

I feel no amount of nuture can change your true nature.
If your father is tall his kids inherit tall genes
If you father had hot temper issues and you inherit it. No amount of love can change it.
That is why genetics is stronger

THE ENVIRONMENT INFLUENCE IS HIGHER THAN GENETICS IF NOT WHY ARE WE NOT LIKE ADAM, WHY THE DIVIATION IN CHARACTER.
THE BIBLE RECORDS THAT EVIL COMMUNICATION CORRUPTS GOOD MANNERS. WHICH IS ETERNAL HERE.

IF YOU THINK THE GENE IS STRONGER GIVE BIRTH TO INTELLIGENT CHILDREN AND DON'T SEND THEM TO SCHOOL. WHICH IS EXTERNAL?

WHY DO PARENTS BOTHER SENDING THEIR CHILDREN TO GOOD SCHOOLS. WHICH IS EXTERNAL

THE EXTERNAL HAS MORE INFLUENCE ON US THAN WHAT YOU'RE BORN WITH

IF YOU PAMPER A CHILD WHETHER FREE BORN OR ADOPTED; WAIT FOR THE CONSEQUENCES.

TRAIN A CHILD IN THE WAY HE SHOULD GO AND WHEN HE IS GROWN HE WILL NOT DEPART FROM IT ....... EXTERNAL

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Sparks Outrage As She Pierces Her Baby's Nose (Photo) / Picture : See Why This Bride is Special! / Muslim Woman Supports Man's Orgasm Over Female Orgasm - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.