Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area (31830 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Mstravelindiva: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
Side trip/note: As you may know, I’ll be visiting Abuja soon (super excited)!

I just flew to Los Angeles to get my biometrics for my Nigerian Tourist visa. This also required an overnight stay and lodging. The costs to visit Nigeria is expensive as many may already know. I say this for any that are not aware of just how difficult it can be for “tourists” to visit Nigeria, which can be a deterrent. I know Nigeria doesn’t depend on tourism dollars, but it’s shame because I still believe it’s a beautiful country, with beautiful people, and has so much to offer. It would make a great tourist destination and make a huge impact on the economy and the unemployment rate.

It’s a hassle with a capital H to even renew your Nigerian passport abroad, so honestly I actually don’t blame those living in diaspora holding off until they have citizenship and simply applying for a tourist visa (which still requires you to travel to biometric center out of state but faster process) before they can aboard to come back to visit.

At any rate, I had never tried Nigeria cuisine in California before, but I was able to order and have delivered (DoorDash) to my hotel, some tasty pounded yam, egusi soup with cow tail, beef and tripe which was pretty good and I wanted to share.

Nigeria is loved by so many, and what a blessing it is to enjoy your beautiful culture worldwide.

Peace and blessings my friends!

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Gerrard59(m): 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

I just flew to Los Angeles to get my biometrics for my Nigerian Tourist visa. This also required an overnight stay and lodging. The costs to visit Nigeria is expensive as many may already know. I say this for any that are not aware of just how difficult it can be for “tourists” to visit Nigeria, which can be a deterrent. I know Nigeria doesn’t depend on tourism dollars, but it’s shame because I still believe it’s a beautiful country, with beautiful people, and has so much to offer. It would make a great tourist destination and make a huge impact on the economy and the unemployment rate.

It’s a hassle with a capital H to even renew your Nigerian passport abroad, so honestly I actually don’t blame those living in diaspora holding off until they have citizenship and simply applying for a tourist visa (which still requires you to travel to biometric center out of state but faster process) before they can aboard to come back to visit.

At any rate, I had never tried Nigeria cuisine in California before, but I was able to order and have delivered (DoorDash) to my hotel, some tasty pounded yam, egusi soup with cow tail, beef and tripe which pretty good and I wanted to share.

Nigeria is loved by so many, and what a blessing it is to enjoy your beautiful culture worldwide.

One thing I would do or advocate to be done is for Nigeria to issue visa-free status of up to 180 days to citizens of countries with GDP per capita over $30K. I don't see why a poor country should restrict the entry of rich citizens. The economics does not make sense. We apply too much emotion to everything. When rich people move into a place for enjoyment, the last thing they have to face is an onerous process of obtaining entry when there are other places with nothing of such.

Na why South Africa, Seychelles, Kenya, Cape Verde, Namibia, Botswana etc dey benefit a lot from tourism pass us.

Regarding your Abuja trip, I saw your "likes" on those Abuja-centric Instagram pages I recommended few weeks ago. grin

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by AlphaTaikun: 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hey Nairalanders, it’s Ms Travelin Diva and I just returned from San Francisco. I was in the Bay Area for a few days and below are the deets (slang for details) of my trip!

Lodged at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco which is across the street from the ferry building which made it VERY convenient if you’re going to be taking the ferry to any of the neighboring islands.

Day 1:
Took Ferry to Sausalito (Cost is $7.50 pp w/Clipper Card each way)
Enjoyed an amazing cup of vanilla lavender lattes at Firehouse
We toured the Sausalito Fire department, they even allowed the kids to take a ride around the block in the fire engine trucks, very cool!
Enjoyed lunch at Zalta where we had THE BEST sangrias, followed by delish tequila cocktails at “the unknown bar”
Took the ferry back to San Francisco right before sunset, and enjoyed dinner and cocktails at Hog Island Oysters Co, the best oysters hands down in the Bay Area!
Later that night, I enjoyed a late nightcap at Wilson & Wilson detective agency (it’s a speakeasy - secret bar) and the drinks were VERY good and vibe and atmosphere was so lit!

Stay tuned for day 2!

Pic 1 is very from my hotel balcony
Pic 2 view from the ferry boat as we left San Francisco headed to Sausalito
Pic 3 port of San Francisco ferry boat entryway
Pic 4 is view of Sausalito at its port of entry
How's it going Mstravelindiva? You're back to posting.

Great sights, cuisines and drinks from the San Francisco area. wink

Would have loved to live there but
it's within the earthquake belt with a major tectonic fault line (San Andreas).

There have been forecasts that
parts of California will get torn off
due to violent plate tectonics
movements and disappear into the
Pacific in the future. There's
something that keeps drawing more folks to do business and live there...

Still an awesome place for anyone
to visit... Just waltz in, enjoy yourselves, and waltz out. grin

Cc: Justwise, sukkot, 1stGenAmerican, nlfpmod

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by AlphaTaikun: 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

I had no issues in my 20’s and younger, but in my 30’s it was wrap on soda for me. I work in healthcare and participated in a demonstration to show “literally” how much sugar is within our drinks, and it changed my life. It’s like liquid diabetes over time!
This should be boom time for honey collectors (apiaries) with the insightful pictorial representation of sugar contents in various drinks.

"Team natural drinks" + Occasional splurging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by AlphaTaikun: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

At any rate, I had never tried Nigeria cuisine in California before, but I was able to order and have delivered (DoorDash) to my hotel, some tasty pounded yam, egusi soup with cow tail, beef and tripe which pretty good and I wanted to share.

That's awesome... Having someone on the ground to guide you would make navigating the sites and sounds of Abuja easy. Are you headed for Lagos State from there or you'll let it pass till some other time?

As an American woman of African descent, it will be easy for you to mingle with the crowd but don't make your American accent too strong or very obvious so that some folks don't jack up prices of raw foods or souveniers arbitrarily.

You've got to be rugged or streetwise in certain instances or locations in Nigeria. Due dilligence is the keyword, and you'll have some fun time.

Second, that pounded yam and egusi delivered via DoorDash in California looks like the "real deal." You sure had a great time no doubt. Lol.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your weekend!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Mstravelindiva: 2:38am On Oct 08, 2022
Gerrard59:

One thing I would do or advocate to be done is for Nigeria to issue visa-free status of up to 180 days to citizens of countries with GDP per capita over $30K. I don't see why a poor country should restrict the entry of rich citizens. The economics does not make sense. We apply too much emotion to everything. When rich people move into a place for enjoyment, the last thing they have to face is an onerous process of obtaining entry when there are other places with nothing of such.

Na why South Africa, Seychelles, Kenya, Cape Verde, Namibia, Botswana etc dey benefit a lot from tourism pass us.

Regarding your Abuja trip, I saw your "likes" on those Abuja-centric Instagram pages I recommended few weeks ago. grin

Very well said, my friend. I’m so confused why they are making it so difficult for those of us that want to visit and spend our money to help the economy.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Mstravelindiva: 2:55am On Oct 08, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Yes, I came back briefly for the individuals that do appreciate my content. wink

I went to Mexico City (surprised my mom with a mother/daughter vacay) in August which is on the same fault line curve/bend. I mention this for one reason, I personally can’t live my life in fear. If it’s my time, I can affirm confidently that I lived a great life and made my parents proud!

Peace and blessings friend!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Mstravelindiva: 3:01am On Oct 08, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

That's awesome... Having someone on the ground to guide you would make navigating the sites and sounds of Abuja easy. Are you headed for Lagos State from there or you'll let it pass till some other time?

As an American woman of African descent, it will be easy for you to mingle with the crowd but don't make your American accent too strong or very obvious so that some folks don't jack up prices of raw foods or souveniers arbitrarily.

You've got to be rugged or streetwise in certain instances or locations in Nigeria. Due dilligence is the keyword, and you'll have some fun time.

Second, that pounded yam and egusi delivered via DoorDash in California looks like the "real deal." You sure had a great time no doubt. Lol.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your weekend!

Thank you friend for the helpful tips! Only Abuja on this visit, and yes we have both friends and family that will be meeting up with us in Abuja to help navigate around.

My husband is very protective (especially while in his home, Nigeria) so I will let him do all the negotiations (and hide my American accent) grin.

I actually enjoyed my quick overnight stay in LA, and definitely the Nigerian cuisine help comfort my aggravation of needing to jump through these hoops to obtain my tourist visa!

Peace and blessings my friend!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Mstravelindiva: 3:10am On Oct 08, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

This should be boom time for honey collectors (apiaries) with the insightful pictorial representation of sugar contents in various drinks.

"Team natural drinks" + Occasional splurging.

I agree, visual aids definitely puts this into context and perspective.

Stay blessed and healthy friend!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by sukkot: 3:31am On Oct 08, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

yup good ole san andreas fault-line cheesy lots of potential disaster points in good ole usa, the new madrid fault-line and the yellowstone vocano in wyoming etc etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by ipobarethieves: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2022
cool
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Octopusssy(f): 11:32am On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
The famous Golden Gate Bridge, a quick hike into town upon arrival in Sausalito followed by a delicious glass of Sangria!
Why so many leaves? It makes one feel like a ruminant
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by spinna: 11:32am On Oct 08, 2022
One of the most gayified cities in the US.. op did anyone attempt to toast you

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Freshgrace4life(f): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2022
Wow ! So sweet ..

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Justiceleague1: 11:33am On Oct 08, 2022
Octopusssy:

Why so many leaves? It makes one feel like a ruminant
What!!!!!!? Baaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!
I'm damm sure you know whadahell you talking about!
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Eriokanmi: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hey Nairalanders, it’s Ms Travelin Diva and I just returned from San Francisco. I was in the Bay Area for a few days and below are the deets (slang for details) of my trip!

Lodged at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco which is across the street from the ferry building which made it VERY convenient if you’re going to be taking the ferry to any of the neighboring islands.

Day 1:
We toured the Sausalito Fire department, they even allowed the kids to take a ride around the block in the fire engine trucks, very cool!
Enjoyed lunch at Zalta where we had THE BEST sangrias, followed by delish tequila cocktails at “the unknown bar”
Took the ferry back to San Francisco right before sunset, and enjoyed dinner and cocktails at Hog Island Oysters Co, the best oysters hands down in the Bay Area!
Later that night, I enjoyed a late nightcap at Wilson & Wilson detective agency (it’s a speakeasy - secret bar) and the drinks were VERY good and vibe and atmosphere was so lit!

Stay tuned for day 2!

Nice ones , lady. Next time, please stop in LA. Drive around town and extend your trip to Torrance, San Diego and Santa Babra. Then if you can grab a good ride, drive to Las Vegas from there. It would be a trip you'd never forget. Each time I'm in LA, I visit Knot's Berry Park and DisneyLand. Hope you enjoyed your visit though cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by xtravanganza: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2022
Chase center?
Say hi to Steph Curry for me.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:
I would love to travel around the world �
everybody love to too... Na ur pocket

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Justiceleague1: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Made it safely back home yesterday, thanks friend!
Good. Nice pics. How about being a good girl and give us japa connection nah and did you say Omo Akiko Edo ni yin?! As in,Igarra?!
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

At any rate, I had never tried Nigeria cuisine in California before, but I was able to order and have delivered (DoorDash) to my hotel, some tasty pounded yam, egusi soup with cow tail, beef and tripe which was pretty good and I wanted to share.

which work u dey do?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by juman(m): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2022
Look like Abuja.
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Justiceleague1: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2022
juman:
Look like Abuja.

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by gabemuyi: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2022
Oboy diff ppl living diff lives some are enjoying others gallivanting, enjoy exploring just go girl.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Revolva(m): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2022
san francisco...very beautiful city in California..i prefer it than LA..but anyway all american cities are very organized and beautiful

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by PecE2Make: 11:42am On Oct 08, 2022
So this is how you squander the money we contributed for you. Weldon

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Drunkard1: 11:42am On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Day 1:

Stay tuned for day 2!

baba come bless me with 100usd
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Truthshscrazy: 11:42am On Oct 08, 2022
Nice one

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by isreal012(m): 11:43am On Oct 08, 2022
LOVELY PLACES. PLEASE INVITE ME NEXT TIME

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by SUGARCyprian247: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2022
Chai

God abeg

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Konjiboii: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2022
See as everything clean, if you carry that same phone snap for Naija everywhere go white like say harmattan dey

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by juman(m): 11:43am On Oct 08, 2022
Justiceleague1:

Abuja is classical city of its own.
I was surprised when I reach abroad, Abuja is beautiful city.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Truthshscrazy: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
The famous Golden Gate Bridge, a quick hike into town upon arrival in Sausalito followed by a delicious glass of Sangria!
Golden gates Bridge grin. Infamous suicide spot cool
Lana Del Rey also lost a dear friend one summer when her friend committed suicide by jumping off this bridge supposedly.
Between 1937 and 2012, an estimated 1,400 bodies were recovered of people who committed suicide hia. Summertime Sadness

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) / If Not For The Driver's Experience - Man Who Survived Accident Revealed (Photos) / Foetus Blocking FlySafair Plane’s Toilet In South Africa Found By Cleaner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.