Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,940 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area (33172 Views)

My Trip To Washington DC from Lagos / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by SeriouslySense(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2022
wink wink wink

Why can't our villages be like this. With well paved roads, for all to enjoy, seriously we need to do the very best for our people and communities, make it the best places to live, we dont need to travel out to enjoy a good environment, this is proposed. wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Panda7: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
what is the united state known for??

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by 2blessed01(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Part 3 coming soon!
Abeg in d next part , SHOW us ur REAL PICTURES....stop Deceiving us with pictures of beautiful places in San Francisco....

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2022
You didn't show us the homeless junkies ghettos areas. The poverty stricken areas.
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2022
InfinityFabric:
Can u show us where the homeless dey ? Where dem match shit on top ground ? Oya sow us na.
Keep deceiving people about the crap cities.
Don't mind dem, there are homeless people, who sleep, shit and piss every where in Californian ghettos. Some of us live in that area. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Unrated900(m): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
Why didn’t happen show ur face or did you just downloaded a random picture of San Francisco for us to be leaking
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
Unrated900:
Why didn’t happen show ur face or did you just downloaded a random picture of San Francisco for us to be leaking
Good observations, nowadays where people show their faces in everything, including when they are in the toilet. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
SeriouslySense:
wink wink wink

Why can't our villages be like this. With well paved roads, for all to enjoy, seriously we need to do the very best for our people and communities, make it the best places to live, we dont need to travel out to enjoy a good environment, this is proposed. wink wink
It will take 200 years and still our village will not be like this. grin

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
Gerrard59:

One thing I would do or advocate to be done is for Nigeria to issue visa-free status of up to 180 days to citizens of countries with GDP per capita over $30K. I don't see why a poor country should restrict the entry of rich citizens. The economics does not make sense. We apply too much emotion to everything. When rich people move into a place for enjoyment, the last thing they have to face is an onerous process of obtaining entry when there are other places with nothing of such.

Na why South Africa, Seychelles, Kenya, Cape Verde, Namibia, Botswana etc dey benefit a lot from tourism pass us.

Regarding your Abuja trip, I saw your "likes" on those Abuja-centric Instagram pages I recommended few weeks ago. grin
The Nigerian government knows that it cannot guarantee their safety.

Just imagine that @mztravelindiva was part of the kidnapped passengers of the Kaduna-Abuja train, and remained in bandit captivity for 6 months.

Many Nigerians (living in cities like Lagos and Abuja) can't even visit their states of origin for fear of the unknown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
I didn't see any Okada, keke napep or Agbadorian Agberos loading buses in the streets. grin

I jus say mek i shake this table.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
Nice! oya show us the rubbish areas.
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by brandsoncharlie: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hey Nairalanders, it’s Ms Travelin Diva and I just returned from San Francisco. I was in the Bay Area for a few days and below are the deets (slang for details) of my trip!

Lodged at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco which is across the street from the ferry building which made it VERY convenient if you’re going to be taking the ferry to any of the neighboring islands.

Day 1:
Took Ferry to Sausalito (Cost is $7.50 pp w/Clipper Card each way)
Enjoyed an amazing cup of vanilla lavender lattes at Firehouse
We toured the Sausalito Fire department, they even allowed the kids to take a ride around the block in the fire engine trucks, very cool!
Enjoyed lunch at Zalta where we had THE BEST sangrias, followed by delish tequila cocktails at “the unknown bar”
Took the ferry back to San Francisco right before sunset, and enjoyed dinner and cocktails at Hog Island Oysters Co, the best oysters hands down in the Bay Area!
Later that night, I enjoyed a late nightcap at Wilson & Wilson detective agency (it’s a speakeasy - secret bar) and the drinks were VERY good and vibe and atmosphere was so lit!

Stay tuned for day 2!

Pic 1 is very from my hotel balcony
Pic 2 view from the ferry boat as we left San Francisco headed to Sausalito
Pic 3 port of San Francisco ferry boat entryway
Pic 4 is view of Sausalito at its port of entry
Someone can just crop images on the internet these days and form a story, at least let your pictures be there on the said place.
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
Voiceofthestree:
See I beg boss you go fit help me make I come that side I beg I go sign paper for you any amount you spend I will work and pay it back within a year. I beg he get why

You wan go carry Cocaine make DEA & FBI grab you, paste your poster and that of the person that brought you to Yankee including your guarantors. grin

Come on man, this is not the 70’s and the 80’s. Eyes don open well, well.

Try something else!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by wiseone28: 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2022
gypsey:
It will take 200 years and still our village will not be like this. grin
Sometimes i wonder why are leaders can't replicate same..

What they can do is to change prison name to correctional center.

Our Governors still built roundabout in 21st century.
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2022
2isokay:
only banga soup, owo soup, Egusi soup, ogbonor soup, okro soup, bitter leave soup, then fried rice, jollof rice, I tire for this country oo.
Trust me you are not gonna like all those food you see on that photos, they are just decorated leaves and chips, if you rely on those leaves you will starve without any energy i would i rather preffer all the nigerian foods you mentioned above. Believe me, i know.

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by BoboKush(m): 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2022
Nice one
I was already enjoying the post, comments, was even wondering if I'm on nairaland because reasonable comment dey first n second page from 3rd page mumu people don enter

Even op stop responding
Somebody went on vacation obviously it would nice places... But u guys concern is show us slump.... Ghetto area yen yen

Una no dey ever like good thing here

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by froshdhayveed(m): 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2022
I think this will be an answers to the big bag I'm feeling is going to drop on me soonest... Please when you get to Nigeria help me estimate the amount of money one need to have as a Nigerian guy in Nigeria having known fully well NIGERIA economy is expected to have to live and have (1) to live and have and also sponsor it with friends together (2) . Pls I need you to answer me..
Mstravelindiva:
Side trip/note: As you may know, I’ll be visiting Abuja soon (super excited)!

I just flew to Los Angeles to get my biometrics for my Nigerian Tourist visa. This also required an overnight stay and lodging. The costs to visit Nigeria is expensive as many may already know. I say this for any that are not aware of just how difficult it can be for “tourists” to visit Nigeria, which can be a deterrent. I know Nigeria doesn’t depend on tourism dollars, but it’s shame because I still believe it’s a beautiful country, with beautiful people, and has so much to offer. It would make a great tourist destination and make a huge impact on the economy and the unemployment rate.

It’s a hassle with a capital H to even renew your Nigerian passport abroad, so honestly I actually don’t blame those living in diaspora holding off until they have citizenship and simply applying for a tourist visa (which still requires you to travel to biometric center out of state but faster process) before they can aboard to come back to visit.

At any rate, I had never tried Nigeria cuisine in California before, but I was able to order and have delivered (DoorDash) to my hotel, some tasty pounded yam, egusi soup with cow tail, beef and tripe which was pretty good and I wanted to share.

Nigeria is loved by so many, and what a blessing it is to enjoy your beautiful culture worldwide.

Peace and blessings my friends!
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
wiseone28:
Sometimes i wonder why are leaders can't replicate same..

What they can do is to change prison name to correctional center.

Our Governors still built roundabout in 21st century.
They are still using building roads, providing basic electricity to campaign in 2023 Let alone, grin Did you see any keke, Okada or Agberos loading buses in that Californian photos? As i said, it will take 200 years before nigeria looks like that.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by wiseone28: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
gypsey:
They are still using building roads, providing basic electricity to campaign in 2023 Let alone, grin Did you see any keke, Okada or Agberos loading buses in that Californian photos? As i said, it will take 200 years before nigeria looks like that.
For me i don't even believe 200years is feasible with our mentality..

Where a white man lives will always be different.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
BoboKush:
Nice one
I was already enjoying the post, comments, was even wondering if I'm on nairaland because reasonable comment dey first n second page from 3rd page mumu people don enter

Even op stop responding
Somebody went on vacation obviously it would nice places... But u guys concern is show us slump.... Ghetto area yen yen

No vacations is complete without visitng the ghettos, or seen the ghetto, vacations are not just to visit the nice places. Unless you are already living in a ghetto. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
wiseone28:
For me i don't even believe 200years is feasible with our mentality..

Where a white man lives will always be different.
True, Africa is designed by the white man to forever be inferior, underdeveloped and backwards and they use our crooked leaders to achieve that

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by ahnie: 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
Beautiful pictures,I have already pictured myself in all the pictures you posted.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by blowjohn(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by blowjohn(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
ahnie:
Beautiful pictures,I have already pictured myself in all the pictures you posted.

I bet u still dey naija
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by froshdhayveed(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
e no go how I high reach wey I no go find the person wey Dey my highness cruise.. Na u I spot right now.. As d thread take captivate me from start no be so e con take end.. The end jxt con be like play or one yeye talk sef
BoboKush:
Nice one

Even op stop responding

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by blowjohn(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by blowjohn(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
BoboKush:
Nice one

Even op stop responding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKi_IJb3BTY
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by ahnie: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
blowjohn:

I bet u still dey naija
Yes for now.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by wiseone28: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
gypsey:
True, Africa is designed by the white man to forever be inferior, underdeveloped and backwards and they use our crooked leaders to achieve that
But if our Governors decide to build a good pave road, will the white man stop them?
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by Godsownfc(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Side trip/note: As you may know, I’ll be visiting Abuja soon (super excited)!

I just flew to Los Angeles to get my biometrics for my Nigerian Tourist visa. This also required an overnight stay and lodging. The costs to visit Nigeria is expensive as many may already know. I say this for any that are not aware of just how difficult it can be for “tourists” to visit Nigeria, which can be a deterrent. I know Nigeria doesn’t depend on tourism dollars, but it’s shame because I still believe it’s a beautiful country, with beautiful people, and has so much to offer. It would make a great tourist destination and make a huge impact on the economy and the unemployment rate.

It’s a hassle with a capital H to even renew your Nigerian passport abroad, so honestly I actually don’t blame those living in diaspora holding off until they have citizenship and simply applying for a tourist visa (which still requires you to travel to biometric center out of state but faster process) before they can aboard to come back to visit.

At any rate, I had never tried Nigeria cuisine in California before, but I was able to order and have delivered (DoorDash) to my hotel, some tasty pounded yam, egusi soup with cow tail, beef and tripe which was pretty good and I wanted to share.

Nigeria is loved by so many, and what a blessing it is to enjoy your beautiful culture worldwide.

Peace and blessings my friends!
Wow beautiful pics and a nice trip. I'm living very close to Abuja and as a student still at home due to the strike, I would love to spend some of the free time with you when you arrive. I love to travel around the world too, God when? cry
Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by nanotechy: 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Late Nightcap at Wilson & Wilson and Bourbon & Branch Library!

These are excellent photos! I'm currently in the bay area attending a conference, but occassionally sneaking out to watch the navy jets...and grab a local brew. If you want to grab a drink today or tomorrow, let me know.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area by PBundles(m): 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2022
You use RED WINE for Sangria and not Pinot Grigio, which is white. I stand to be corrected.

Mstravelindiva:

Great question! No, actually none of my drinks contained high sugar levels. For example, the Bloody Mary is made with tomato juice, vodka, hot saRuce and other herbs and spices. This Sangria was Pinot Grigio wine muddled with fresh fruit. The older I have gotten the more sensitive my system is to sugary drinks (this is one of the reasons why I stopped drinking soda pop 8 years ago). I like my drinks/cocktails strong with minimal sweetness to balance out the palate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) / Allen Onyema: US Court Acquits Air Peace Boss, Fines Mayfield $4000 / International Airlines Move Into PH Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.