Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer (50571 Views)

Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture) / Abba Kyari: NDLEA Releases Video Evidence / Private Jet: How Nnamdi Kanu Really Travels - Video And Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by gentiles(m): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2022
Dikaveli:

Soon seaports will be in south south operating let's see what's left in your Lagos
Seaports are already working in SS, stop this lies and propaganda. Seaports have been in operation in SS for more than 5years.. Typical lazy thinking Nigerian youth. I have friends and former classmates that work at one of the seaport.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by anonimi: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
KillSars:
We know b4 nah... grin grin

NDLEA should expect more, make dem duplicate their search warrant, head straight to VGC and lekki axis... grin grin
Make dem come raid drugstores operated by diz our afghaneastern brothers, e sure me sey 90% dey run level under G, na their way be dat...

Is it Hushpuppi or ThiefNuibu who is also from AfghanEastern

Francis5:
04.27.155:18 AM ET

Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

General Muhammed Buhari’s political partner is a former bagman for two heroin traffickers. But that’s just business as usual in Nigeria.

Nigeria’s election last month was celebrated as an unlikely victory for democracy in an African country with a tenuous record of free and fair representation. But the man most responsible for midwifing General Muhammed Buhari’s ballot triumph over current President Goodluck Jonathan has a spotty CV. Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by anonimi: 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2022
gentiles:

Seaports are already working in SS, stop this lies and propaganda. Seaports have been in operation in SS for more than 5years.. Typical lazy thinking Nigerian youth. I have friends and former classmates that work at one of the seaport.

You dey mind the ZombieDients who are labouring in vain to scam us with propaganda and lies in the manner that ThiefNuibu used to smuggle that Abacha PTF a-looter comrade into Aso Rock seven years ago. Dem think sey our mumu never do, but we don wise up now.

anonimi:
Anambra doctors call off strike after 13 months
February 28, 2012

After over a year of down tools, Anambra State Government employed medical doctors have finally called of strike.
According to Dr. Emma Ekwesianya, Chairman Anambra State chapter of Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), the striking doctors decided to pick up tools again because of the plight of the ordinary people in the societ.
“It is true, we have called off the strike. We have just signed the agreement with government about an hour ago. The Secretary to the State Government (SSG) signed for the government. A technical committee, headed by Prof. O.O. Mbonu was set up to execute the agreement.” He confirmed.

“We decided to take the 60 per cent offered by government because of our people. Government has been rigid and we do not want to continue with the rigidity of government. We are serving the people, not government and our people are suffering.”
Speaking further, Ekwesianya, revealed that a technical committee, headed by Prof. O.O. Mbonu had also been set up by the association to see to the implementation of the agreement with government sequel to the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Peter Obi-led government on Monday.

Chief Medical Director, Anambra State University Teaching Hospital (ASUTH), Amaku, Awka, Dr. Lawrence Ikeakor also confirmed the new development: “Well I’m happy to tell you that the strike has been amicably resolved, even though, like you said, it’s been a prolonged one but suffice it to say that it has been resolved and the doctors have resumed work.”
“The call off was yesterday (Sunday). The doctors had some negotiations and held their congress yesterday, during which they agreed to call off the strike. So they resumed duty today.
They are in their clinic. Well, I was not privy to the agreement but I will say that our representatives were satisfied with the arrangement, hence they decided to call off the strike.” He disclosed.

https://dailypost.ng/2012/02/28/anambra-doctors-call-off-strike-after-13-months/

bennybuhari:
“’I cannot take anything back about Obi. I said Obi said he wants to move Nigeria back from consumption to production and I said that is not true. He cannot do it because his own business survives on consumption. Is that a lie? He has been an importer and I said he deals with cash and carry economics; container economics, imports”.

“All the goods that can be produced in Nigeria, Obi imports them in his supermarkets. That is consumption economics. That kind of person cannot tell you that he is moving you from consumption to production. He will then be committing self-economic suicide and Obi will not do that to himself”.

“So, Obi is deceiving everybody and I can’t take that back because that is true. What I said about Asiwaju, I gave examples of his vision, knowledge and courage. There is none about Obi. You can’t point to any enduring legacy of Obi in his eight years as governor of Anambra”.

https://independent.ng/peter-obi-deceiving-everybody-i-wont-retract-my-statement-about-him-dele-alake/ 

BATified2023:
what’s d difference between buhari n peter obi

Under buhari ASUU strike for 6 months same for 6 month’s lecturers strike under peter obi

Doctors are complaining under buhari same way doctors went on strike for 13 months under peter obi

Peter obi increased ANSU tuition fee by 70% so tell me d difference between peter obi n buhari

As regards insecurity,I believe u know for sure that curbing insecurity n kidnapping was part of Obiano manifesto

As regards economy,peter obi couldn’t add 5 naira to anambra economy,something Obiano quadruple within a year in government n also increased workers salary

So bro tell me d difference between peter obi n buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by SHINJA: 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2022
Okoro people and crime...
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by kindredspirit(m): 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
ComeToJesus:
Ugochukwu...
I guess that makes him U-Money.

Tramadol may be an opiod but it is also a known and credible painkiller.

It's a prescription drug no doubt and the importers should get things done properly like getting a license to import and all that.

Say no to drug abuse!!

You can not get an import license for 225mg blister pack of Tramadol as such a high dosage legally doesn't / shouldn't exist.

Also, no Doctor will prescribe such a high dose for a patient, that's why you can NEVER find it in any pharmacy.

Anyone who commercially possesses huge volumes of 225mg of the drug must have illegally arranged with unscrupulous pharmaceutical companies abroad, typically in Asia( or even in Nigeria), to produce such a high dose, smuggled them into the country, not for the purpose of curing ailments, but to feed the habit of druggies and crack heads.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Backpedal: 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
KillSars:
We know b4 nah... grin grin

NDLEA should expect more, make dem duplicate their search warrant, head straight to VGC and lekki axis... grin grin
Make dem come raid drugstores operated by diz our afghaneastern brothers, e sure me sey 90% dey run level under G, na their way be dat...
Both you and the over 160 people that liked this post are very MAD
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by lereinter(m): 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2022
Let this Igbo Igbos go

It's better they have their country else

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by ogunsbanjul(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2022
Crimes are in their blood. It can only take the grace of God almighty to deliver them.
They are not ready to change until they are exposed, disgraced, disengaged and disembarked.
Olowoeko11:
Why always these people na

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by FavouredNK: 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
lols those agberos are better and richer than your brothers who owns 2x2 shops dragging people along road sides.
An average agbero boy you see is hustling hard to gather money so he could get his own bus for transport,at least he his better than those on death row in Asia prisons.

Go ask LASG how much transportation generates to it purse.
Hmmmmm ���� see achievements
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by KayCee92(m): 4:39pm On Oct 03, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Yet, they claim to be developers..

If I have a criminal mindset like these lots, I will buy myself a kilo of Cocaine, travel down to the East and sell.

Then build myself a mansion in one of those plum locations in Nnewi.

Truth is, where are the people to buy the drugs from me in the East, they all have traveled to the SouthWest, Lagos in particular, to hustle!

Reactor. What about Abah Kyari..... Nigerians just stay in the now. For every Easterner that has ever been caught or will be caught {not like they are the only culprits in this regard}, there are 10 billionaires that are "developing" {if I may borrow that ur tag}. Don't live and die in the now. Remember, there are men like Arthur EZE, Innoson and hundreds of them. These are good men contributing to Nigeria's growth and development and providing jobs for everyone irrespective of wbere you come from. My message to you is that, you condemn a bad act and not give it any other colouration. Good and bad people abound e everywhere. Ask yourself what you can do to add to Nigeria. If bigotry is all you can add then sorry braa grin
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by doctorbabs(m): 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2022
This people just continue to tarnished Nigeria image both home and abroad. Drug na them, ADULTERATED product na them, kidnapping na them, RITUALIST na them, Xenophobia in south africa na them cause am, go to Asia and middle east killing on daily basis because of one form of crime or the other. No moral values against just because of money.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by OBALOLA55(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
gentiles:

They are workers in the company, they are not the owner of the company.
WHO OWNS THE COMPANY undecided
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Itzlinda(f): 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2022
CaptainAyub:

This is just muscle flexing and media show by NDLEA who like most of buhari's appointees,are only interested in media shows.
From experience, there is 95% probability this same so called drug baron has already been released b4 u read this news cos he has probably committed no offence.
It is significant to note that most of these ppl they call drug barons are licensed phatmacists or drug importers.
TRAMADOL IS STILL BEING PRESCRIBED NOW & TILL TOMORROW in hospitals.
Anybody that has any pain who also has other conditions like gastric ulcer,kidney disease etc will likely use tramadol or any of such drugs cos the traditional painkillers worsen those conditions.
Agreed,tramadol is a drug of abuse in Nigeria but the emphasis is supposed to be on those pharmacies/chemists/dispensaries who dispense it without proper prescription not licenced importers like this one who mostly service hospitals and big pharmacies.

The only thing is I can say may god punish you. I wanted to pray that your son would get hooked on this extremely addicted substance, but he done nothing wrong to me.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Mercury12(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Yet, they claim to be developers..

If I have a criminal mindset like these lots, I will buy myself a kilo of Cocaine, travel down to the East and sell.

Then build myself a mansion in one of those plum locations in Nnewi.

Truth is, where are the people to buy the drugs from me in the East, they all have traveled to the SouthWest, Lagos in particular, to hustle!

Lol u very wicked grin

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Kingspin(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Where are the rest of the dealers, one person can not do the deal.
List all the names.
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Gaabasky: 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
Awon Zombie, awon Obidient
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Aina1874: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
My problem be say dem catch drug baron and some people are getting angry. Na which time we go free ourselves from this madness abeg

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by kayusely70(m): 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
So 'Billionaire' Ugochukwu Nsofor Chukwukadibia is a drug Lord. smh.

O pari! Now you see why a lot of ipob members keep gathering in that axis of Lagos every time they want to cause havoc.

That one they gathered on Saturday was probably fuelled by this but NDLEA has its eyes on them from Festac to Lekki-Ajah axis.
Well done job by NDLEA under our former military administrator( MILAD) in Lagos.

Crime does not pay. Now everything will be confiscated from him and further bring credibility issues to those who claim to be billionaires but are into illicit drug business.
Build your wealth credibly.

If you do not stop crime because some folks keep deceiving you to do crime with the senseless rhetoric of " this is Nigeria", you will get caught and same folk will abandon you to your fate and disgrace.
Where are those telling him to "continue and nothing will happen" today?

Let us each build this nation with the right values and it shall be well with you.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Na Dem Dem o! You've spoken very well and reasonably too!
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by wasuka14(m): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
Zonefree:

Lagos should make it a law to banished any drug dealers cot to their ipob ridden villages for their life time jail sentence. These people is deteriorating our city and society. Very devilish people.
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by achillesfoot(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Anumanu,typical dose of tramadol is 50mg but in severe pain,you can give up to 100mg.
How do you know the ones there are more than 50mg?
. Sir, It's no news that Nigerians are emotionally and educationally dumb... Your comment was spot on and pure fact.. If I were you, I wouldn't bother replying..To further add to your answer, a normal dose is 50/100mg pending on the weight of the patient...
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by kafeii123: 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
He's kuku selling... because people have been buying..... whilst uncontrolled use of drugs is a bad thing.... Miscreants who don't get high on tramadol...can get high from pawpaw leaves...shoe gum ..or even petrol....
Why not also strengthen the security architecture to withstand any attack... whether from a tramadol...heroine..or pawpaw leaves user
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Corporate2020: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Peter Giringori Pandora Obituary's houses all over the country should be searched, he is definitely trading in hard drugs too. That's their generational inherited profession
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by feedthenation(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
---businessman from the east side---developing lagos state---
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by tyinfinity: 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2022
That nsofor is trained by peter obituary that dreaded dullard UNN cultist

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by tyinfinity: 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
This criminal should be castrated alongside obi peter that sends him
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Pinito: 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2022
Corridon:
Might be working for Tinubu.
you no get shame
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by GeneralPula: 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2022
Oluwaseunomo:
Remain Obi cubana and E money
I too like E-money sha.

The thing is it seems there’s a war going on between Nigeria drug cartels. Majority of these recent arrest seems like a leaked out info..

Sometimes if there’s a war between drug cartel and they can’t kill you, they’ll rather give you to the government.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by plantist: 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
Corridon:
Might be working for Tinubu.

Idiot Tinubu is your nightmare. Instead of you to dissuade your tribesmen from their criminal ways, you are here making noise about Tinubu. Olori pelebe ode

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by CaptainAyub: 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
Itzlinda:

The only thing is I can say may god punish you. I wanted to pray that your son would get hooked on this extremely addicted substance, but he done nothing wrong to me.

Anumanu

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Arkmanbuddy(m): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
CASTOSVILLA:
My fellow Igbo men should stop seeing illicit and bannedd items as an opportunity.

Again... hope he's not being setup though. I don't trust this government at all.

Set up by who? Is he the only one living in the area?
Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by Mexy0147: 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
Zonefree:
This is very surprising to Me.
He has faired very well in Industries
Advantuim Oil & Gas
AutoNation
Kunech Filling Station.
Breeze blow , fowl Yash don open

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer by virginchaser(m): 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
Greatest fear is will the next president intensify effort on prohibited drugs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Taught they said this Man was brutal / 17 Major Generals, 14 Brigadier Generals Retired From Nigerian Army / Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.