Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:55 PM

25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. (1357 Views)

Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? / Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
Piptocoin:

if this is not deliberate and mindless distortion of the scriptures I don't know what else to call it.

Are you a Bible student or churchgoer?

1 Like

Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by Piptocoin: 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Are you a Bible student or churchgoer?

I am a follower of Christ.
Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
Piptocoin:

I am a follower of Christ.

You don't know what you're saying because Christ doesn't preach nonsense, so go and get yourself enlightened first before coming to argue what God said about sin and death!

2 Likes

Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by Piptocoin: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You don't know what you're saying because Christ doesn't preach nonsense, so go and get yourself enlightened first before coming to argue what God said about sin and death!

God is not an author of confusion. His language was and is clear as daylight concerning the reality of a literal hell and heaven. you can't distort the truth by sweeping it under the rug or by giving it a different meaning. truth is very stubborn you will come to find eventually. I am not one to argue. the truth does the argument and it always wins.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
Piptocoin:

God is not an author of confusion. His language was and is clear as daylight concerning the reality of a literal hell and heaven. you can't distort the truth by sweeping it under the rug or by giving it a different meaning. truth is very stubborn you will come to find eventually. I am not one to argue. the truth does the argument and it always wins.

The wages of sin is death! Romans 6:23

Death is the opposite of Life which means there is no activity for the dead! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10

Go and deal with that! wink

2 Likes

Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by Ken4Christ: 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
Piptocoin:

while I agree with the things you have said I should let you know that true preaching is not engaging in argument with unbelievers. it is enough that they have heard the Gospel once. your job is done. whatever they do with the Gospel is now left to the Holy Spirit to convict them of their sins or error of their beliefs and repent. we are not called to convince people of the reality of heaven and hell. we are only called to spread the truth which you have done. the argument is so unnecessary...biblically speaking.

If trying to persuade people of the reality of heaven and hell is not necessarily, our Lord Jesus wouldn't have bothered to give some of his servants special revelation on it and ask them to go and share their testimonies.

We are all given grace for different assignments on earth. This is one of the assignment God has given to me. Even if those you are talking to do not agree, you are sending messages to countless hundreds who might be reading without making comments.

So, just let me do what I am doing. Someone is being educated by it.
Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by Piptocoin: 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ken4Christ:

If trying to persuade people of the reality of heaven and hell is not necessarily, our Lord Jesus wouldn't have bothered to give some of his servants special revelation on it and ask them to go and share their testimonies.

We are all given grace for different assignments on earth. This is one of the assignment God has given to me. Even if those you are talking to do not agree, you are sending messages to countless hundreds who might be reading without making comments.

So, just let me do what I am doing. Someone is being educated by it.

has argument ever led anyone to Christ? Jesus set an example for us to follow. He did not argue with anyone...none of the Apostles did. They simply explained their reasons for believing in Christ.

Please read 2 Timothy 2:23 and Titus 3:9.

If you truly love these people and want to see them saved, then travail for their souls in prayer. That will do more good than unprofitable argument for which many have left this nairaland religion section. I hope you understand but if you feel you are called to argue with them...then go ahead.
Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by Ken4Christ: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2022
Piptocoin:

has argument ever led anyone to Christ? Jesus set an example for us to follow. He did not argue with anyone...none of the Apostles did. They simply explained their reasons for believing in Christ.

Please read 2 Timothy 2:23 and Titus 3:9.

If you truly love these people and want to see them saved, then travail for their souls in prayer. That will do more good than unprofitable argument for which many have left this nairaland religion section. I hope you understand but if you feel you are called to argue with them...then go ahead.

There are others who silently learn from it. Please, just leave it at that.
Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2022
It's wrong arguing with people who don't cherish God's word {Titus 3:9} but your friend can perceive that you guys don't have enough scriptural backings for your teaching of eternal torment. What God said in the beginning is that Adam will die for his deliberate disobedience not tormented consciously in some fairy Hell! Genesis 2:17

And according to God's word the dead can't feel anything! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10

So Jesus who used fire to symbolise complete destruction was fully understood by his first century Jewish listeners because they knew that evildoers will be cut off from God's plan {Psalms 37:9 compare to Proverbs 2:22} which means they will not be remembered during resurrection of useful humans! Psalms 9:17

And as for your erroneous interpretation of the divine judgment God Himself declared that He never thought of roasting people in fire! Jeremiah 7:31 smiley

2 Likes

Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by SeniorMan715(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2022
Abeg i need bible study
Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by Janosky: 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So are you saying those people has been judged before the judgment day so there's no resurrection for them? smiley
The pastorpreneur is confused.
Them say Judgement day is coming and he is claiming that Sodom Gomorrah has been judged and tortured forever.

Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by Janosky: 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ken4Christ:

You are jogging slowly to the very hell you do not believe exist. Satan is waiting to receive your soul.

Pastor,Nothing concerns Satan and your false claims.

Genesis 3:19, Pastor what happened to the first man Adam?
Is God torturing him now?

Is God torturing inhabitants of Sodom Gomorrah today ?

Pastor FAILED to listen to Jesus Christ,@ Luke 17:26-30..
Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by Janosky: 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
Piptocoin:

if this is not deliberate and mindless distortion of the scriptures I don't know what else to call it.
MaxInDHouse confirmation of Jesus Christ doctrine @Luke 17:26-30.
Pastorpreneur is arguing against Jesus Christ,@ Luke 17:26-30.
By their fruits we know them.

1 Like

Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Abeg i need bible study
Find Jehovah's Witnesses in your neighbourhood!

1 Like

Re: 25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

MaxInDHouse confirmation of Jesus Christ doctrine @Luke 17:26-30.
Pastorpreneur is arguing against Jesus Christ,@ Luke 17:26-30.
By their fruits we know them.

The problem with them is following the crowd! Exodus 23:1-2

Instead of them to make a thorough research and find out where the teaching of immortal soul come from they're here trying to use God's word to defend heresy.
Isn't it obvious that the teaching of immortal soul came from pagan origin?
Almost all the religions are claiming that the soul doesn't die typical proof that they're all blinded to what God inspired His own people to pen down in the Bible that Adam died not travelled to some place just as all pagan traditions throughout the world believe! undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! / Christianity Leads To Atheism / When Can A Divorcee Remarry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.