Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? (3120 Views)

Why Science Is More Powerful Than God With An Experiment. / Meet The Seven Demons That Are Rulers Of Hell (no.3 Is Not Even The Strongest / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Steep: 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
TenQ:

How did the Nephillims evolve a GIANT DNA since they were NOT normal humans?
Moreover, demons seldom possess a person, they infect. You see, your understanding of demonisation is not deep.

Gen 6:2:
"That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose."

The sons of God aka fallen angels took wives for themselves amongst the daughters of men!

The consequence of this was what led to the birthing of Nephillims (Giants)

Gen 6:4:
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

You will note that the language was not "the sons of men" going into "the daughters of men"!
It was the sons of God going into the daughters of men"!
Your argument fall flat here.

some certain people where called sons of God in the bible, the judges of Israel were called sons/children of the most High.

Read carefully Genesis 6

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Note the bolded that the giants were on earth when then sons of God married the daughters of men, also there were giants after those days.
Giant DNA is from Adam same way other DNA was in Adam.
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Steep: 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
What are they then?
Demons are fallen angels.

1 Like

Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by TenQ: 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
Steep:
some certain people where called sons of God in the bible, the judges of Israel were called sons/children of the most High.

Read carefully Genesis 6

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Note the bolded that the giants were on earth when then sons of God married the daughters of men, also there were giants after those days.
Giant DNA is from Adam same way other DNA was in Adam.
Non of the people called sons of God gave birth to Nephillims except this one's.

You ignored that the women the slept with were NOT called daughters of God!

Sons of God versus Daughters of Men!
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Steep: 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2022
TenQ:

Non of the people called sons of God gave birth to Nephillims except this one's.

You ignored that the women the slept with were NOT called daughters of God!

Sons of God versus Daughters of Men!
Daughters of men might refer to women that are not in the family of set.

Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
Perhaps the sons of God were from the lineage of set while the daughters of men were women who were not from the lineage.
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Truvelisback(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2022
Steep:

Demons are fallen angels.
So, which of these spirits possesses humanbeings? What are they called?
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Steep: 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
So, which of these spirits possesses humanbeings? What are they called?
search my comment on these thread and get your answers.
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by TenQ: 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
Steep:

Daughters of men might refer to women that are not in the family of set.

Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
Perhaps the sons of God were from the lineage of set while the daughters of men were women who were not from the lineage.
This would be a very weak argument. There was nothing special with Seth amongst the children of Adam.

Gen 5:4:
"And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:"

Nothing special with Seth sir!

You will note that Adam was created in the image of God before his fall. After Adams fall, he had an entirely new image that his sons could not be said to be in God's image but they were in Adams image.

Gen 5:3:
"And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:"

Finally, the Term Sons of God also Referred to Angels

Job 1:6:
"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."

Job 2:1: "
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD."

The sons of God here are certainly NOT sons of Adam in any way!
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Steep: 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
TenQ:

This would be a very weak argument. There was nothing special with Seth amongst the children of Adam.

Gen 5:4:
"And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:"

Nothing special with Seth sir!

You will note that Adam was created in the image of God before his fall. After Adams fall, he had an entirely new image that his sons could not be said to be in God's image but they were in Adams image.

Gen 5:3:
"And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:"

Finally, the Term Sons of God also Referred to Angels

Job 1:6:
"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."

Job 2:1: "
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD."

The sons of God here are certainly NOT sons of Adam in any way!
Yes there is something special about the family of Seth.

It is in this family men began to call on the name of the Lord.

Humans are also called sons of the most High

Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Don't also forget that Adam was also called the son of God.

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

However, this is not definitive 100% proof against the sons of God being probably fallen angels, but however there is scriptural proof that fallen angels are demons and the offspring of the sons of God were humans who attained extraordinary feat.

So I am not disproving the verses you presented, yes angels are called sons of God so there is some evidence the the sons of God might be angels also there is evidence that they might not be and I am leaning towards the evidence that they might not be angels.
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by TenQ: 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2022
Steep:

Yes there is something special about the family of Seth.

It is in this family men began to call on the name of the Lord.

Humans are also called sons of the most High

Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Don't also forget that Adam was also called the son of God.

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

However, this is not definitive 100% proof against the sons of God being probably fallen angels, but however there is scriptural proof that fallen angels are demons and the offspring of the sons of God were humans who attained extraordinary feat.

So I am not disproving the verses you presented, yes angels are called sons of God so there is some evidence the the sons of God might be angels also there is evidence that they might not be and I am leaning towards the evidence that they might not be angels.

Men began to call on the name of the Lord NOT Seth! Not even his descendants! I'm sure you know that Seth had siblings!

There is no equivocal scriptural proof that fallen angels are demons.

Jokes aside, once you cast out one or two demons from a person, you will conclude without any doubt that the entity you are dealing with cannot be remotely angels (fallen or not).

Fallen Angels should be wise isn't it? Demons are NOT wise!

Fallen Angels should not require to find their expression in a living Host: demons are tormented without a living host. Angels should be comfortable in their own skin

On this note, I rest my case!
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Steep: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
TenQ:

Men began to call on the name of the Lord NOT Seth! Not even his descendants! I'm sure you know that Seth had siblings!

There is no equivocal scriptural proof that fallen angels are demons.
I agree with you, but however remember that Enoch and Noah belong to the lineage of Seth and Seth was said to be the replacement of Abel. So it seems the children of Seth were brought up in the knowledge of God.

Jokes aside, once you cast out one or two demons from a person, you will conclude without any doubt that the entity you are dealing with cannot be remotely angels (fallen or not).

Fallen Angels should be wise isn't it? Demons are NOT wise!

Fallen Angels should not require to find their expression in a living Host: demons are tormented without a living host. Angels should be comfortable in their own skin

On this note, I rest my case!
Before I proceed, Answer this question
Is lucifer a fallen angel or a demon?
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Truvelisback(m): 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
Steep:
I agree with you, but however remember that Enoch and Noah belong to the lineage of Seth and Seth was said to be the replacement of Abel. So it seems the children of Seth were brought up in the knowledge of God.

Not all Angels are wise.
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by TenQ: 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
Steep:

Lucifer is a fallen Angel aka Satan!

Therefore, Satan does not inhabit any particular human permanently (as a host) as demons do!

2Pet 2:10-11:
"But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self-willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord."

Are these dignitaries truly Demons or Fallen Angels?

Jud 1:9:
"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke you."

Is the devil a demon?
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Steep: 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
TenQ:

Lucifer is a fallen Angel aka Satan!

Therefore, Satan does not inhabit any particular human permanently (as a host) as demons do!

2Pet 2:10-11:
"But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self-willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord."

Are these dignitaries truly Demons or Fallen Angels?

Jud 1:9:
"Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke you."

Is the devil a demon?
what you don't know is that devil means daemons, they mean the same thing.

You have answered yourself. Lucifer is a fallen angel and he is also devil/demon.

The devil does not need to stay in a body permanently, I have showed you from the bible that the devil passed Judas iscariot.

Luke 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
True. I have red abt this Book "Omo oba Jesu". Demons are under the control or supervision of Fallen angels. Fallen angels do send them.
That book, among many others that essentially makes a liar of Jesus Christ and His teachings. I say you get at least more meaning stuff digesting the episodes of the show Supernatural as at least the stories makes better sense. undecided

Angelology and demonology makes sense when you remove it from Jesus Christ and God Himself as you can at least be less confused and better entertained by the many stories that have been spun over time by those who delve into such things. undecided
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by TenQ: 8:09am On Oct 06, 2022
Steep:
what you don't know is that devil means daemons, they mean the same thing.

You have answered yourself. Lucifer is a fallen angel and he is also devil/demon.

The devil does not need to stay in a body permanently, I have showed you from the bible that the devil passed Judas iscariot.

Luke 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
Have it your way!

I pray that the Lord will move you to cast out demons from the spiritually sick in Jesus name. Amen!
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Financialman: 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2023
doggedfighter:
Both demons and angels are non- existent.

Lol, your lie
Re: Are There Demons That Are Powerful Than Some Angels? by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
mysticwarrior:
lol
I was being serious because the show pretty much covers much of what is written in most extrascriptural source on the subject of demonology and angelology. I happen to have been a fan of the show from its beginnings and learned a lot myself. Sadly, after I became a follower of Jesus Christ, I also learned that pretty much over 98% of it has nothing to do with that in fact written in scripture regarding demons and angels. For one, there is no war between Heaven and Hell, or angels and demons. There is simply God's Law and man's acceptance or rejection of His Law by way of obedience or disobedience. Also, there is no "end of the world" coming.. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Respecting Religions / Only A Christian Can Be Logical / Genesis And Enuma Elish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.