Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

State Government Work Or Bank Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / State Government Work Or Bank Job (12376 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Bank A Or Bank B ??? / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by money121(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ok
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by ken6488(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
Not a debate

Bank that can sack you anytime
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by ednut1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
Bank marketer job is worse than slavery
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by bonnyhope: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
You better grab the state work

You will have rest of mind, time for yourself and family
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by OdefaGirl(f): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2022
Too much stress with that bank marketing..... You've got targets to meet and from what I heard so far, marketing is more difficult for guys unless you have Businessmen as friends. You can also loose the job without notice... But the pay is slightly better than government job.

So, go for Govt job where you can have time to consider and venture into other businesses.... but mind you, it can make you a broke lazy man because.... pay is very poor.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Love48(f): 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
U no Wan chop ur own national cake??

Better u urs comes banging on ur door step. Better grap it oo
��
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by ajayiopy: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:
Good morning all,

Please I need a matured and straightforward advice.

I did my youth service in 2017, started work with one small company like that and was able to build my own house from the job. Now the company has closed due to covid related issues. I applied for a job in one of the new generation bank, i wrote their test and attended interview, later I was asked to go for medicals which i also passed, currently we are just waiting to be call for training, about 40 of us.

During the interview we were all asked if we can work as a marketer of which we all answered in affirmative, that means we can end up working as a marketer which I honestly don't like.

Last month my boss asked me if I can work with a state government and I agreed, and he said I should get ready to resume work by January...I'm at the moment confused and need guidance.

I'm from the north, married with one daughter....

my questions :

1. Does it means the bank will employ us as a marketer just because they ask us during interview if we can work as a marketer?
2. Can I grab the bank job or state government work ... what's more important in the long run

AM A BANKER ,GO FOR STATE GOVERNMENT WORK AND RUN YOUR BUSINESS AS A SIDE HUSTLE. NOTHING LIKE PEACE OF MIND
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by samwash(m): 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
If the bank job comes first take it, then when the state job comes latter you can switch over but mind you don't go & sign bank bound that will keep you at the job for some few years to come telling you if you have to leave, you are to pay some certain amount that was use in training you.
Depends on the state civil service, ministry or parastatal that will define how much you will be paid.
Some State government are found of owning workers salaries but you will have peace of mind & also have time for side hustle.
Your carrier growth is also certain with government jobs.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by OgaDeyVex: 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2022
Start Blogging Business And Thank
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Aareakinwunmi(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
There's job security in government work oo.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by iezeiyida(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hmm the pettiness of some questions people ask sometimes is really surprising undecided
Well state government work is better than bank job.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by kwasoly(m): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:
Good morning all,

I did my youth service in 2017, started work with one small company like that and was able to build my own house from the job. Now the company has closed due to covid related issues. I applied for a job in one of the new generation bank, i wrote their test and attended interview, later I was asked to go for medicals which i also passed, currently we are just waiting to be call for training, about 40 of us.

During the interview we were all asked if we can work as a marketer of which we all answered in affirmative, that means we can end up working as a marketer which I honestly don't like.

Last month my boss asked me if I can work with a state government and I agreed, and he said I should get ready to resume work by January...I'm at the moment confused and need guidance.

my questions :

1. Does it means the bank will employ us as a marketer jusNo
because they ask us during interview if we can work as a marketer?
2. Can I grab the bank job or state government work ... what's more important in the long run

No
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by SpecialEdition: 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
With current state of Nigeria, government work will make you richer because of loopholes.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Immunity1555: 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:
Good morning all,

my questions :

1. Does it means the bank will employ us as a marketer just because they ask us during interview if we can work as a marketer?

Do Not Delay Your Dreams any longer!

Learn some Tech skills today that will land you a high-paying role in any part of the world.
From Beginner Stage, to Intermediate Stage and Advanced Stage.
You will be assign to a well-trained and experienced Facilitators and Mentors that would guide you from one Stage to Another, where you will learn skill, gain experience and gain exposure. You will be working with real-life projects, you can get paid while learning the skills, you will also be linked with international career packaging and work with Global start-up.
We have the following learning paths that you can choose: Project Management, Frontend Development/Mobile App, Backend,Ui/Ux, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Devops/Cloud Dev, MySQL, PHP, python and many more.
All that can be achieve at Bincom Global Tech Program.
To learn more and register,click this link:https://www.bincom.net/globaltech
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Johnniegee: 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2022
I will advise you take the state government job,I am tell you cos I have 15yrs of banking. trust me you will be more fulfill with your decision.
Secondly you have job security and ample time for yourself and your family.
Above all ask for Gods direction

1 Like

Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by TwoTwins: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
Are you in need of an advice? Because you sound more like you're telling people what advice you expect from them. Matured and straightforward advice might not necessarily be as effective as a well-thought advice. Go for the bank job, and be careful not to waste what you earned there. Hope you got it!
abba99:
Good morning all,

my questions :

Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Agtech: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
Marketing job and high blood pressure na 5 and 6.by the time you don't meet their target they will start frustrating you
My brother run go for the government job.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Iamthoney(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2022
Respect sir
jeremylawrence:

Comrade your wisdom too choke dieeee

I go with this too
That is the way to go. The State government job isn’t sure yet so why not go with the bank job and still keep his ears open for that State government job and if it materialize then he can switch if he’s not cool with the bank job
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Majesty33(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
Is it not this same state government that owe their workers, well making your choice between state government work and bank work is quite dicey, had it been its a federal govt work, there wouldnt have been any issue.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by blank(f): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hope you'll not be one of those that will open a thread on how the state govt has been owing salaries for months.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Iamthoney:
Since the state government job is until January why not just go with the bank job and stay there until January before switching
OP follow what this comrade said. Comrade oil dey your head no be small.

OP remember what you can control and can't control, January can come and you will be hearing stories that touch, follow the one that's sure and when State Government job comes, switch.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Middleborn: 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Start the bank job, very likely it will pay more than the government job. If they start you as a marketer, it will be excellent...in that case you can work in the government (as this would not require all your time as the bank job) and keep your bank job as a marketer.

In the event they change your position in the bank to maybe say, Teller. You have to quit the bank job, but before then you must've saved up something from the bank job.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by rita25(f): 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2022
START THE BANK WORK.BETWEEN NOW AND JANUARY IS 4MONTHS AND A BIRD IN HAND IS WORTH NINE IN THE BUSH DONT LET A PROMISE MAKE YOU LOOSE BOTH OPPORTUNITIES

1 Like

Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Iamthoney(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
You are mouthed sir
JoshTheStoic:
OP follow what this comrade said. Comrade oil dey your head no be small.

OP remember what you can control and can't control, January can come and you will be hearing stories that touch, follow the one that's sure and when State Government job comes, switch.
Them no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall cos him go definitely feel am. So if Op like make him no lockdown the banking job for the time being then by January him fit lift the lockdown on the banking job and impose another lockdown on the State government job if him get am

A lot can happen from now till January ooo

1 Like

Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
Guy, do not thick twice grab the state government work. Bank job na advance slavery but state government work, you can grow through the ladder.
abba99:
Good morning all,

my questions :

Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2022
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. A state government job you are sure of is better than a bank marketing job you are not sure of. And do you really want to become a marketer? I don't think so.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by odinga1of: 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2022
OP State government job is the Koko, work for straight 3 years and watch your gratuity swell up like Garri.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by kernniejay(m): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:
Good morning all,

my questions :

State Government work all the way. Bank jobs especially for contract staff always end in premium tears. You will regret it if you miss the state government work and accept the bank marketing work. You will not forgive yourself.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by abba99: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
othermen:
Congratulations on your options.

In the bank, working as a marketer gives you the opportunity to build your own social contact and it is one of those job roles that provides opportunity for career growth; though there can be pressure, in so far, you can meet the deposit threshold or target set, you should be up there.

I don’t know the details of the government job. If it’s in the ministry or in a parastatal- consideration would vary. It’s also likely to be less demanding in terms of effort.

Insofar, no alternative till January, you can take the bank job, attend the training and get more insight about your potential job description. By January, you can resign if dissatisfied and go for the other government option.

Thanks you so much for this advice... I will try this... if I'm call for training before January I will just go. Anyone comes first I will grab..
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Aremson14(m): 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2022
kernniejay:

State Government work all the way. Bank jobs especially for contract staff always end in premium tears. You will regret it if you miss the state government work and accept the bank marketing work. You will not forgive yourself.
What abt for full time staffs? Any idea on job security as a full time ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" / Difficulty Upgrading Certificate In State Civil Service / Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.