Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

State Government Work Or Bank Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / State Government Work Or Bank Job (12381 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Bank A Or Bank B ??? / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by abba99: 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
ednut1:
Bank marketer job is worse than slavery
I'm not yet sure if its marketing just by asking us during interview if we can work as a marketer not necessary they will employ us as a marketer.... but if it happens they employ me as a marketer I will certainly resign and joint state government... as it's now anyone that comes first I will take .. a bird in hand worth nine in the Bush..

Thanks and I so much appreciate all the advice nairalander gave me here.. ..I thank you all..I cannot be able to reply and thanks individually.... thanks you all
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by hope4nigeria(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:
Good morning all,

Please I need a matured and straightforward advice.

I did my youth service in 2017, started work with one small company like that and was able to build my own house from the job. Now the company has closed due to covid related issues. I applied for a job in one of the new generation bank, i wrote their test and attended interview, later I was asked to go for medicals which i also passed, currently we are just waiting to be call for training, about 40 of us.

During the interview we were all asked if we can work as a marketer of which we all answered in affirmative, that means we can end up working as a marketer which I honestly don't like.

Last month my boss asked me if I can work with a state government and I agreed, and he said I should get ready to resume work by January...I'm at the moment confused and need guidance.

I'm from the north, married with one daughter....

my questions :

1. Does it means the bank will employ us as a marketer just because they ask us during interview if we can work as a marketer?
2. Can I grab the bank job or state government work ... what's more important in the long run
if the State government job is sure, forget completely bank Job, bank can destroy your destiny for ever, but what if your boss disappoint you? And you already abandoned the bank Job? God help you
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by MightyFortress: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:
Good morning all,

I did my youth service in 2017, started work with one small company like that and was able to build my own house from the job. Now the company has closed due to covid related issues. I applied for a job in one of the new generation bank, i wrote their test and attended interview, later I was asked to go for medicals which i also passed, currently we are just waiting to be call for training, about 40 of us.

During the interview we were all asked if we can work as a marketer of which we all answered in affirmative, that means we can end up working as a marketer which I honestly don't like.

Last month my boss asked me if I can work with a state government and I agreed, and he said I should get ready to resume work by January...I'm at the moment confused and need guidance.

my questions :

1. Does it means the bank will employ us as a marketer just because they ask us during interview if we can work as a marketer?
2. Can I grab the bank job or state government work ... what's more important in the long run

I would advise you start with the bank job, resign when the state government comes up and is what you want. Grab the bank job and hold it for now, just in case.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by GradExams: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
[quote author=abba99 post=117253100]Good morning all,

my questions :

You applied to the bank as what?

How much is the bank pay? Because pay is one of what would influence your decision and choice

The state government state is as what and to start with which level?

Anyways, check my signature
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by ojex004: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
Grab the state government job please
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by abba99: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2022
[quote author=GradExams post=117267965][/quote]
I applied as a graduate trainee, I don't have an idea about bank job honestly for now .. for the state government job I don't know which ministry or department yet , as my boos just ask me to get ready by january I will get the job..
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Tywo2018: 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2022
But you heard when they say they'll will increase salary for government job. Abi which one naw undecided grin
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Ubdavis(m): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2022
So even if u had no one to advice you, does it mean that u wouldn't know what to do??. These are no brainer na
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by GradExams: 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:

I applied as a graduate trainee, I don't have an idea about bank job honestly for now .. for the state government job I don't know which ministry or department yet , as my boos just ask me to get ready by january I will get the job..

Start the bank first since the government job would be around January.

Before then you would know details of both jobs.
Good luck

Meanwhile, check my signature. You could make referrals
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by kernniejay(m): 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
Aremson14:

What abt for full time staffs? Any idea on job security as a full time ?
You mean the core staff right? They don't have job security either. They are given target and once they begin to fail in meeting their targets, their career begin to dwindle. That is why most of their female staff dont mind offering their bodies to meet target and secure their job. And for those thay are not in the marketing department, they lack rest of mind, battle stress everyday and are at risk of high BP due to various transactional exigencies, management's appraisal of their performance and customer needs.

2 Likes

Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Oceanjagaban: 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:
Good morning all,

my questions :

you better go for the state job, because if covid23 comes you will be paid off again
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by osazsky(m): 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:
Good morning all,

my questions :

both jobs are no jobs..my bro run from ur life...set up a biz or travel out..if u settle for any,u will regret it sir...i work for the fg.this is d 7th month no salary..but thank God for biz
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by monerozi5590: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
ILoveDemMANNA:
State work is my best advice to you.

I just d laugh una. How much state government d pay? State government work is nonsense. You won't be able to do anything with the money.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by monerozi5590: 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2022
Go for the bank job. State government work na nonsense. Young guys are leaving state government work to private firm.

Most private firm pay much much better than both state and federal job. State government work especially in the North is pure nonsense. The salary is not it at all
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by monerozi5590: 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
abba99:

I'm not yet sure if its marketing just by asking us during interview if we can work as a marketer not necessary they will employ us as a marketer.... but if it happens they employ me as a marketer I will certainly resign and joint state government... as it's now anyone that comes first I will take .. a bird in hand worth nine in the Bush..

Thanks and I so much appreciate all the advice nairalander gave me here.. ..I thank you all..I cannot be able to reply and thanks individually.... thanks you all

Leave state government job for your good. Some state don't even pay up to 50k for level 8. State government work is pure nonsense. Take the bank job
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by Thebigheart: 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
Advice yourself abeg.
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by latolz: 10:12am On Oct 05, 2022
Bank work your stress levels no go be here.. Government work do at your pace wait for deals and enjoy your freedom.. I have done both so choose wisely.. if na bank and your house dey far from your branch please go buy blood pressure machine before you start and prepare for annual check ups..
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by monerozi5590: 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2022
latolz:
Bank work your stress levels no go be here.. Government work do at your pace wait for deals and enjoy your freedom.. I have done both so choose wisely.. if na bank and your house dey far from your branch please go buy blood pressure machine before you start and prepare for annual check ups..

Lol. You want him to work for 35 years with nothing to show! Freedom my foot. I will rather go for the one that will stress me but higher pay. 10 years you are hv settled and you have saved alot to start up something than to work for 35 years with nothing to show with small salary
Re: State Government Work Or Bank Job by abba99: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2022
Good evening all, pls sorry I updated this late, last month I received the bank offer as executive trainee full time staff not contract,but its marketing job , I'm to resume first week of December...the state government work suppose to be January...for now accordingly most advices given here I accept the bank offer ...do they sack full time staff marketer just they way they sack outsourced contract staffs The salary is above 150k and after probation they will increase the salary...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" / Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? / Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.