Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? (3096 Views)

Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? / Who Were The Sons Of God in The Bible? As Written In Genesis Chapter 6:2 / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 10:20am On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

Can you imagine, you depend on Wikipedia and not your bible. Oga this is funny. Wikipedia is now above the bible. Wiki now defines your religion.
Sons of God are children of God.
Sons (plural) are children (plural).
Oga, receive sense.

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

I asked you to show just one verse that says so. Obviously you are one of those Christians who just repeat what your pastor days without reading your bible.
Hebrew lexicon 1121 sons/children @Job2:1 & elsewhere in your Bible ,go and learn.
Avoid dispute with your Bible.grin
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

Hebrew lexicon 1121 sons/children @Job2:1 & elsewhere in your Bible ,go and learn.
Avoid dispute with your Bible.grin

Job 2.1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.
Do you see any single mention of Angel? Oga this is the bible not wiki
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

Sons of God are children of God.
Sons (plural) are children (plural).
Oga, receive sense.
Please refer to your bible. I cant lie, I don't understand what you posted please explain
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2022
Steep:

Jesus is both equal to God .
Man made theory not holy scriptures.
Steep:

and (Jesus) less than God.
Yes, Jesus said that. John 14:28 on earth and also in heaven, Revelation 3:12.
Steep:

How? In his divinity Jesus is equal with God the father in every aspect but in his humanity he is less than God since he is a man.
Revelation 3:12, Jesus Christ rejects your doctrine.
In heavenly realm, Jesus Christ is a worshipper.
Nobody is equal to his God receiving worship.
Revelation 3:12 & Ephesians 3:14-15.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 10:57am On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:
Please refer to your bible. I cant lie, I don't understand what you posted please explain
Is Hebrew lexicon 1121 @ Job2:1?
Go and confirm. grin
Oga, your Bible is against your folly.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

Is Hebrew lexicon 1121 @ Job2:1?
Go and confirm. grin
Oga, your Bible is against your folly.
I just confirmed Job 2.1. In Hebrew, Son does not mean angel. What is your point? Since you are the Hebrew expert, tell us, what is the Hebrew word for Son and the Hebrew word for angel. Do they mean the same thing?
Here is the Hebrew word for son בֵּן
Here is the Hebrew word for angel מַלְאָךְ‎ mal'āḵ
You see you are wrong Mr. Hebrew lexicon
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2022
Steep:

Jesus is the Almighty. Revelation 1 vv8
He is the Almighty God that took the human nature.

Oga Steep has rejected John 3:16, John 7:16 & John 4:34.

Revelation 1:1,5-6 & 1 Corinthians 11:3, hierarchy.
Isaiah 6:8, Yahweh the Lord God says: "Whom shall I send?"
John 7:16 & John 3:16, Yahweh the Lord God sends His messenger, Jesus.

John 3:16, John 7:16 & John 4:34, Jesus Christ doctrine belongs to his Superior God.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 11:16am On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

I just confirmed Job 2.1. In Hebrew, Son does not mean angel. What is your point? Since you are the Hebrew expert, tell us, what is the Hebrew word for Son and the Hebrew word for angel. Do they mean the same thing?
Here is the Hebrew word for son בֵּן
Here is the Hebrew word for angel מַלְאָךְ‎ mal'āḵ
You see you are wrong Mr. Hebrew lexicon

What is the meaning of the Hebrew lexicon of Malak?
Oga, go and learn. Many scriptures address your faulty logic. grin

"Anyone can be a Malak".
Source: Hebrew word lessons.com.

Oga, your faulty logic is equivalent to claiming that Adam is not son of God because he is human.

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 11:21am On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

Oga, go and learn. Many scriptures address your faulty logic. grin

Oga, your faulty logic is equivalent to claiming that Adam is not son of God because he is human.
You are not making any point. What is your position? Are you saying that Angel means son in the Hebrew language? Because if that is your point we should research right now because you are completely wrong. In fact, the Hebrew translation of Angel means messenger.

Now to your question:

Answer- מֲלְאָךְ mălʼâk, mal-awk'; from an unused root meaning to despatch as a deputy; a messenger; specifically, of God, i.e. an angel (also a prophet, priest
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

You are not making any point. What is your position? Are you saying that Angel means son in the Hebrew language? Because if that is your point we should research right now because you are completely wrong. In fact, the Hebrew translation of Angel means messenger.

Now to your question:

Answer- מֲלְאָךְ mălʼâk, mal-awk'; from an unused root meaning to despatch as a deputy; a messenger; specifically, of God, i.e. an angel (also a prophet, priest
The Hebrew language Bible says @ Job2:1 & job1:6, "sons of God" are Angels.
Angels are children of God.
I don't dispute the holy scriptures.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

The Hebrew language Bible says @ Job2:1 & job1:6, "sons of God" are Angels.
Angels are children of God.
I don't dispute the holy scriptures.

I am sure you are not quoting the bible. here is what the bible says
Job2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

job1:6 Thus did Job continually. [6] Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. [7] And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
Steep:

Jesus is called the second Adam he is the source of the new humanity since the old one had being corrupted by sin.
Yes. God's son Jesus Christ is 2nd Adam.

Steep:

He is the first man in the new creation but however he is God.
John 5:37 & John 3:16, Jesus Christ confirm he is not God.
Steep:

Jesus embodies two nature, the divine and the human nature, hence he is forever the God-man, he is like a bridge, a meeting point between the divine(uncreated) and man(created).
The God Almighty is not a man, John 5:37.
Steep:

He will never stop being God as well as he will never stop being man.
Oga, your faulty claim is Man made theory not holy scriptures.
Greek John 4:24 , John 5:37 & Numbers 23:19, the God Almighty (ho Theos) is not a man.
The God Almighty (ho Theos ) is NEVER flesh.

Steep:

In Jesus christ the plan of the father to have a perfect world without sin is fulfilled, hence in him the father is well pleased.
Why would God Almighty have a Father in heaven where he is Almighty?
John 3:16 & Revelation 3:12, Jesus Christ no believe you.
Trinity na scam. grin
Revelation 1:1 & Revelation 3:12, Jesus Christ is a worshipper. Confirmed.
Steep:

Very soon this old creation will pass away Althose who are not in christ are part of the old creation and the new one will come, this new one is eternal.
Ok.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

Job2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

job1:6 Thus did Job continually. [6] Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. [7] And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
Bene ha Elohim & Malak reference the same creatures of God.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by elated177: 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
Steep:

Having done som research in the bible
I don't think the Sons of God are actually angels.

I will create a new post for it.

Genesis 6: 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

If the "sons of God" here meant human males, why was it specifically stated that they saw the "daughters of human"? Weren't human males observing the beauty of the daughters of other humans from the beginning?

Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

From the Scripture, it could be clearly seen that the "sons of God" were angels (messengers) and not human males.

Seth, Enosh, Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared, Enoch, etc, were all humans and they all married their fellow human beings. It was nothing strange.

So, the sons of God mentioned in the Scriptures above were messengers (angels).

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

Bene ha Elohim & Malak reference the same creatures of God.
Now you seem confused. In which verse do Bene ha Elohim and Malak reference the same creature?
Bene ha Elohim refers to son of God in Genesis 6:2,4
Malak means messenger of God. Very different.
My brother, just try and be reading your bible. This Hebrew thing is not working for you.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

Now you seem confused. In which verse do Bene ha Elohim and Malak reference the same creature?
My brother, just try and be reading your bible. This Hebrew thing is not working for you.
Oga,stop your folly and Mumu arguments.
Bene ha Elohim are Angels.
Malak are Angels.
They are Creatures of God.

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by elated177: 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

The "sons of God", as used above, meant messengers (angels). It will be completely absurd for anyone to think otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by elated177: 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

They are the same.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

Oga,stop your folly and Mumu arguments.
Bene ha Elohim are Angels.
Malak are Angels.
They are Creatures of God.
As Christians we don't just say anything because our pastor said so, we use the bible. Bene ha Elohim are not angels, they are the sons of God. The bible called Solomon a son of God. In the Lord's prayer, we acknowledge we are his sons. You need to begin to take your bible seriously
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

They are the same.
I believe in the bible, not in your words. Just because you say they are the same does not make it so.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by elated177: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:
I believe in the bible, not in your words. Just because you say they are the same does not make it so.

I, Elated177, as a non-christian, believe in the Scriptures of YAHVEH Almighty, my Father in heaven, my Daddy in the Sky.

Far be it from me to advise anyone to believe my own words instead of the Word of YHVH Almighty. As his saint, servant, follower and messenger, I can only teach what his Spirit instructs me, as expressly written in his Scriptures.

What about you, tctrills, should I accept that they are not the same simply because you said so, even when the Scripture doesn't say so?

Let me ask you, tctrills, is it possible for me, elated177, to be a saint, a servant, a follower and a messenger of Yahushua the Messiah?
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

I, Elated177, as a non-christian, believe in the Scriptures of YAHVEH Almighty, my Father in heaven, my Daddy in the Sky.

Far be it from me to advise anyone to believe my own words instead of the Word of YHVH Almighty. As his saint, servant, follower and messenger, I can only teach what his Spirits instructs me as expressly written in his Scriptures.

What about you? Should I accept that they are not the same simply because you said, even when the Scripture doesn't say so?

Let me ask you, tctrills, is it possible for me, elated177, to be a saint, a servant, a follower and a messenger of Yahushua the Messiah?
Then quote the word of God and don't be telling me what you think or feel.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:
So far, you have not been able to show a single verse where angels were called children of God. What you did was show different translations in some it said sons of God and in 1 it said angels.

Then I love the fact that you asked who are the sons of God? One thing we learn as Christians is not to assume. We only testify on the revealed word.
Now in the revealed world who are the children or the sons of God. Every time the bible speaks of the sons of God, it was referring to men not angels.

Do you remember the Lord's prayer? Our Father who art in heaven. The bible teaches that men are the sons of God not angels
All the versions translated the verse to the best of their knowledge and NIV did the same by making it clear that the sons of God referred to in that Bible book are angels.
Do you know that the same Moses who wrote the book of Genesis wrote Job?

That aside, who are the sons of God supposed to marry @ Genesis 6:1-2 since they married the "daughters of men"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

As Christians we don't just say anything because our pastor said so, we use the bible. Bene ha Elohim are not angels, they are the sons of God. The bible called Solomon a son of God. In the Lord's prayer, we acknowledge we are his sons. You need to begin to take your bible seriously
Oga, where did the events of Job 2:1 & Job 1:6 happen?

Let's confirm something. grin
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

All the versions translated the verse to the best of their knowledge and NIV did the same by making it clear that the sons of God referred to in that Bible book are angels.
Do you know that the same Moses who wrote the book of Genesis wrote Job?

That aside, who are the sons of God supposed to marry @ Genesis 6:1-2 since they married the "daughters of men"?
Oh because of the "daughters of men" you got confused. I see.
In the bible, who does God call his Son? Basically, they are faithful men of God or those whom he has a convent with like the nation of Israel. So someone whom God has a convent with marries the daughter of an unbeliever that statement would be in place.

1Kings 11.1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:

2 Of the nations concerning which the Lord said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

Was Solomon a son of God? Yes
Did he marry the daughters of God or the Daughters of men? You know the answer.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

Oga, where did the events of Job 2:1 & Job 1:6 happen?

Let's confirm something. grin
The location was not wasn't stated in the bible but I believe it took place in heaven.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

Oh because of the "daughters of men" you got confused. I see.
In the bible, who does God call his Son? Basically, they are faithful men of God or those whom he has a convent with like the nation of Israel. So someone whom God has a convent with marries the daughter of an unbeliever that statement would be in place.

1Kings 11.1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:

2 Of the nations concerning which the Lord said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

Was Solomon a son of God? Yes
Did he marry the daughters of God or the Daughters of men? You know the answer.

Before Solomon's time God gave (only the Israelites) a law not to marry from other tribes {Deuteronomy 7:3} so it's clear that Solomon disobeyed God's law. But in the case of these your sons of God and daughters of men do you have a verse in God's word where you can point to that God has a special race before the time He began calling Himself the God of Abraham the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob? Exodus 3:6

I'm asking this because it was after the release of Israelites from Egypt that they became His special people {Exodus 19:5} so do you have any scriptural backings for this your so called sons of God and their race so that we can be sure that they're not supposed to marry from among other tribes? smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
Janosky:

"Is" not in John 1:1. Don't ADD to holy scriptures.

1 Corinthians 8:6
"There is ONLY ONE GOD, The Father".
The ONLY ONE GOD in Greek John1:1 is the God (ho Theos) the Father.
Whether in heaven or earth, every other being is a god. This is holy scriptures.
1 Corinthians 8:6 corroborates John 1:1 & Psalm 82:6.
The word was a god @John1:1, that is always the rendition of John 10:33, Jesus is a god.

Christendom DUBIOUSLY CHANGED "a god" to capitalise 'God'.
There is nothing like "a god" in John 1 vv 1, if not provide the Greek interlinear
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Before Solomon's time God gave (only the Israelites) a law not to marry from other tribes {Deuteronomy 7:3} so it's clear that Solomon disobeyed God's law. But in the case of these your sons of God and daughters of men do you have a verse in God's word where you can point to that God has a special race before the time He began calling Himself the God of Abraham the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob? Exodus 3:6

I'm asking this because it was after the release of Israelites from Egypt that they became His special people {Exodus 19:5} so do you have any scriptural backings for this your so called sons of God and their race so that we can be sure that they're not supposed to marry from among other tribes? smiley
The bible made it clear. It only referred to men and to Jesus Christ as sons of God. If you are asking if God had followers before the children of Isreal, he surely did.
But let's assume he did not, It still does not make angels sons of God. Even today, God does not have any particular race as his sons. Even you can be a son of God even though you are not a Jew.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by elated177: 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
tctrills:

Then quote the word of God and don't be telling me what you think or feel.

Where can one find what you said in the Scriptures?

You didn't answer my question. Can I, elated177, be a saint, a servant, a follower and a messenger of Yahushua the Messiah?
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by tctrills: 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
elated177:

Where can one find what you said in the Scriptures?
What did I say? I have said many things, which do you mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World / Taribo West & Co Honors Daddy Adeboye / What Would Happen If Muslims Were To Boycott Anything To Do With The Jews?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.