Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA (43804 Views)

Court Dismisses ASUU's Objections, Affirms CONUA, NAMDA As Trade Unions / FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To CONUA (Breakaway ASUU Faction) / Register Our Union Now, ASUU’s Rival, CONUA Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by bonnyhope: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2022
shortIGBOman:

I know you are either a member of 8 or one of Peter Obi's supporters. Only these two groups still support ASUU. Cause Nigerians are fully in support of FG. Fvck ASUU
You guys always looking for ways to call Obi even if the matter doesn't concern him
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by PJ123: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2022
boldtruthalways:
What a senseless government! You can spend billions on frivolities but you can't fund education. Divide and rule will not save this evil and terrible government from the mess they have cause in Nigeria's educational system. What a shame! This is the outcome when you have illiterates and nonentities as the helm of affairs.

Look at this one, increasing the salary of university is tantamount to improvement in University education. ASUU is a selfish union.
Throughout the whole world, university funding is not the responsibility of government alone. Government, Universities, private sectors and international donors are responsible for university education.
The focus of any government should be on sound and quality primary and secondary school education and vocational/technical education
You can't close the school for 8 months and expected to be paid, that's makes no sense and I just pray Buhari doesn't pay them but rather use the their salaries to pay school fees of all registered students in federal universities.

This wicked union used the instrumentality of strike to increase the retirement age from 65 to 70 years with high level of youth unemployment in the country.
In decent countries, professors retire at 65.

If you want to be rich as politicians, resign and go and contest. How much did primary and secondary school teachers collecting .
There are Msc holders in secondary schools with ridiculous pay and yet these people teach.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by DanielPat01: 11:45am On Oct 05, 2022
If Buhari finds a way to kill ASUU president without anyone knowing or placing the blame on him he will do it. The man frustrate him life and govt.

The most foolish set of youth would be those that would vote APC after all this drama.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Nonywendy(m): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by baretalk: 11:47am On Oct 05, 2022
ote author=faceland post=117288966]

VC has spend those once. FG can defeat them by publishing their budget. How they use tens of millions of naira to paint building.[/quote]
Students must be smart, how can ASUU keep everyone in limbo, they are asking government to give them trillions, what happened to all the billions they have been given?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2022
DanielPat01:
If Buhari finds a way to kill ASUU president without anyone knowing or placing the blame on him he will do it. The man frustrate him life and govt.

The most foolish set of youth would be those that would vote APC after all this drama.
i’ll vote APC

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by richiepolymer(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2022
IamDietiesGod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/breaking-ASUU-reacts-says-fgs-registration-of-conua-namda-inconsequential/

ASUU is just showing the world how empty and bereft of ideas they are. Academicians o…..shut down universities for 8 months punishing both students and “Government “ …..of which I know the government is not affected as such.
Now let’s analyze this. For 8 months, those universities have lost a lot of internally generated revenue running into billions of naira because of ASUU.
This same ASUU is expecting to receive salaries for those months of strike where they didn’t work or make any revenue for the Government. Where on earth will anyone earn salary for absconding from work? 8 whole months of disrupting the business activities associated with these universities.
It might suffice you to know that almost all institutions are ridden with corruption. They take billions from the government, make billions in IGR and remit peanuts back to Govt. ASUU should be ashamed…..they should. Whatever the contention with Govt is, you don’t thwart economic benefits and the academic pursuits of students.
For all these years, the only strategy “Academics” have is “Strike” says a lot.

9 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by deavicky(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
Prof Osodeke and the rest of ASUU leaders are not very wise!

I was supporting ASUU before but withdrew my support when it became obvious that wisdom had taken a back seat in the struggle.

The best thing would have been to obey court order and return to class while negotiation continues.

the same negotiation that has Been on for over seven months. Just imagine the court verdict is other way round, will FG follow suit.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by general111(m): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2022
phemmyfour:
That was how NLC power was reduced
yeah
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by KushLyon(m): 11:52am On Oct 05, 2022
appliedscience:

My question is will the creation of Conua, hence the migration of members from ASUU to Conua solve the problem?.... Will Conua sooner or later also revolve to revolt against lack of proper funding by government? Ur guess is as good as mine!

The members of conua are probably the type of people that are okay with suffering, they rather receive peanuts just so they can cope with hunger even when they know they deserve more, they rather see our universities in shambles and undeveloped if it means they will still be employed and continue receiving their meagre salaries, they are the ultimate cowards

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by DanielPat01: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:
i’ll vote APC

Na your business. If E set na all of us go suffer am. Shikena.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Acidosis(m): 11:56am On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:

oga dead your pdp propaganda. i know you as an ardent opposition want strike to linger on so apc will lose.

sorry to burst your bubble there is CONUA now and willing lecturers have started holding congress meeting in various university branches to discuss resumption time table.

LMAO.. cheesy You couldn't take it anymore you had to go political because of your love for a man who told you point blank that "his old age will affect his performance" grin

What is my business with PDP? And why should I not be worried about who wins the coming election? Are you a card carrying member of any party? Well, I am not. I am not a thief.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by duduade: 11:56am On Oct 05, 2022
baretalk:

ote author=faceland post=117288966]

VC has spend those once. FG can defeat them by publishing their budget. How they use tens of millions of naira to paint building.
Students must be smart, how can ASUU keep everyone in limbo, they are asking government to give them trillions, what happened to all the billions they have been given?

The Ngige that's spear heading the scatter scatter of all this is a coward... Person wey buy form for 100m but because of greediness he still couldn't leave the minister office. He has to replace the money spent already... HE CANT STAND AS A MAN WEY HE TALK SAY HE BE....In a sane country you resign.... Amaechi and co wey resign, do they have two heads....

This is why ASUU is saying the visiting panels set up by FG for each school should publish their reports.... Let each school be held accountable... The Government can't be pumping money into an establishment and you don't know how the money is been used.. These so called visiting panels nominated by the FG still haven't published these reports...

The only thing an ASUU member is entitled to na their salaries which their are already underpaid.... Then some allowances.. which is based on if you are entitled to it... what I mean is worked for it...

Yesterday Lagos Governor announced increasing in salaries for Lagos state workers, they were all happy singing praises… I don’t understand why the praising … something that was long overdue and they are entitled to …

Anyway if person talk from now till kingdom come most of Nigerians will not understand the issues ASUU are deliberating on .. and this is due to their short sight minds....

Make everyone carry him load. I wish una all the best

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by alphaNomega: 11:57am On Oct 05, 2022
There you have it folks, DIVIDE AND CONQUER!
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by duduade: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2022
KushLyon:

The members of conua are probably the type of people that are okay with suffering, they rather receive peanuts just so they can cope with hunger even when they know they deserve more, they rather see our universities in shambles and undeveloped if it means they will still be employed and continue receiving their meagre salaries, they are the ultimate cowards

Exactly.... I already summarized them in a comment up here already.... People who do not know their worth....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Okhuadams(m): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:
talk is cheap

just like the tree whose branches are being cut off, saying it doesn’t concern it.

very soon they’ll get to your root and uproot it.
sad

See this one. Lecturers wey dey die of hunger. The female Lecturers amongst them don turn Ashawo. Na one Associate Professor from UNN I dey fukcc nowgrin
who cares if you are having sex with her. What has that gotten you. Nonsense unnecessary bugs. Go bank use am collect loan
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by alphaNomega: 11:59am On Oct 05, 2022
KushLyon:

Your post should deserves a sign post in every ASUU-affiliated Nigerian university
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by alphaNomega: 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
richiepolymer:

ASUU is just showing the world how empty and bereft of ideas they are. Academicians o…..shut down universities for 8 months punishing both students and “Government “ …..of which I know the government is not affected as such.
Now let’s analyze this. For 8 months, those universities have lost a lot of internally generated revenue running into billions of naira because of ASUU.
This same ASUU is expecting to receive salaries for those months of strike where they didn’t work or make any revenue for the Government. Where on earth will anyone earn salary for absconding from work? 8 whole months of disrupting the business activities associated with these universities.
It might suffice you to know that almost all institutions are ridden with corruption. They take billions from the government, make billions in IGR and remit peanuts back to Govt. ASUU should be ashamed…..they should. Whatever the contention with Govt is, you don’t thwart economic benefits and the academic pursuits of students.
For all these years, the only strategy “Academics” have is “Strike” says a lot.

ASUU is not to be blamed here, it is your politicians and government
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Successlane: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
Kessy090:

CONUA doesn't need to call off any strike, for them to be registered means they've agreed to resume.

ASUU doesn't have a say in CONUA.

Watch how FG will instruct varsities to reopen and CONUA will go back to work.

See how ASUU lecturers will move to CONUA like they're being Swapped as an asset.

wink

Leave the Prof, make im dey run mouth like Oshodi water tap wey don spoil,

Nigerians wey fit defect to other (rival) parties like say tomorrow no dey.

Reminds them how OBJ weakened NLC with registration of TUC

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Jman06(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
mindtricks:

....return to class while the never-ending negotiation continues till eternity ?
Better still abandon the struggle, let tertiary institutions rot continue unabated for Nigerians to lead the reform when they need it.
TETFUND is there already to fund the universities! Universities also generate IGR running into billions of naira yearly. ASUU should device a means to ensure transparency in use of funds by university management.

If you have been to federal universities in recent times, you'll notice the existence of several TETFUND projects. Many lecturers are also being sponsored abroad for postgraduate studies by TETFUND. All these are pointers to the fact that government is not entirely aloof in funding our universities. Let ASUU channel their efforts towards ensuring proper deployment of TETFUND in strategic areas where funds are needed.

Improvement on what government is doing already and in remuneration of lecturers can always be achieved through constructive engagements, not through incessant protracted strikes!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by incentive: 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
If lecturers swapped to the new union( CONUA) will they still be paid of their previous 6-8 months salaries or not. especially if ASUU refused to succumbed to FG order?
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Davidkingsewin(m): 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
[Saboteurs on the loose,,, federal government trying to split solidarity.quote author=IamDietiesGod post=117273255]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/breaking-ASUU-reacts-says-fgs-registration-of-conua-namda-inconsequential/[/quote]
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by PJ123: 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
alphaNomega:

ASUU is not to be blamed here, it is your politicians and government
Mumu

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by femicyrus(m): 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2022
The university system will now enjoy the dividend of Democracy in Nigeria.
Lecturers can now decamp from one Union to another with respect to individual's interest.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Everlastingson: 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
Prof Osodeke and the rest of ASUU leaders are not very wise!

I was supporting ASUU before but withdrew my support when it became obvious that wisdom had taken a back seat in the struggle.

The best thing would have been to obey court order and return to class while negotiation continues.

Talk is cheap. if you were in their shoes you would return to classes on an empty stomach. Which negotiation is continuing? You're saying this coz you don't know how truly evil, wicked, Satanic this APC govt is. The crude oil this govt steals from Nigeria IN ONE MONTH can settle all that ASUU is asking for, and have leftover. But the govt is extremely wicked and will not pay any money. ASUU knows this govt more than you do.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by TenQ: 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:

no need for them to resume work again. they can keep striking till infinity.

those wey wan resume work are waiting for CONUA to open registration portal.
Some people love injustice when they are not on the recieving end!

FG signed agreements they are backing out of and here you wish to divide them just so that injustice can prevail!?

FG should address the issue instead of weaponizing hunger and using divide an rule technique!
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by MrCuteking(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2022
The only skill the government knows is the skill of corruption and politics. You can neither beat them, nor join them.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Instead of solving the problem he created another one.. by tomorrow he will start owning this new union before you know it another strike mumu people
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by alphaNomega: 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
PJ123:

Mumu
Better quote your politicians and government.

It is not my fault you are spending 8 extra months in school.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Awaoyelmoni(m): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
Youngwiz71:
This man is just fooling himself...... Does he really think ASUU will remain strong Just recently I saw one of my lecturers, a Dr for that matter he was a taxi driver(I did not say bolt oo), will such choose to remain with ASUU??..

See hunger is a very powerful weapon, and this evil govt will do all they can to utilize it, like I said before, in war you should know when to retreat, it's not weakness, ASUU should have done that after that last round of discussions in August before they went indefinite....

When the govt ordered the schools to reopen about last week, ASUU said schools can reopen but it's members are on strike, now another association in Conua has been created, just watch the massive exodus that will happen from ASUU to Conua if they refuse to call of their strike....

This govt is evil and wicked, I just hope the discussion of the speaker with Buhari will yield positive results...
Will you keep kwayet how much time b4 the said govt vacate office.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Jeffyblaq(m): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
Just as Falz said it..

The government would weaponize hunger just to get what they want..

You either bite it or go hungry..

Pathetic!
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by shortIGBOman: 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
HolyMan12:

How much she the charge? grin

Me ma make I pay chuck prick grin

No worry, I go arrange one female Professor give you. She no go too charge you. Cause hunger dey presently deal with them. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Increases Unity Schools’ Fees From ₦45,000 To ₦100,000 / Two OAU Students Die In Less Than 24 Hours (Photos) / 2013/2014 MUSTE Scholarship (Undergraduate And Postgraduate Students)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.