Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA (43770 Views)

Court Dismisses ASUU's Objections, Affirms CONUA, NAMDA As Trade Unions / FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To CONUA (Breakaway ASUU Faction) / Register Our Union Now, ASUU’s Rival, CONUA Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by tnerro1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
AT least, before ASUU goes on strike now they have to carry other unions along or else the strike will flop from the start

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Interesting2023: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:
talk is cheap

just like the tree whose branches are being cut off, saying it doesn’t concern it.

very soon they’ll get to your root and uproot it.
sad

See this one. Lecturers wey dey die of hunger. The female Lecturers amongst them don turn Ashawo. Na one Associate Professor from UNN I dey fukcc nowgrin

Must u type something insensible if u have nothing upstairs to say?

The side business and investments most of those lecturers controlled is 2nd to none and they are only fighting for the standard of the education sector that will only benefit u the common man and u're here typing rubbish

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
amerengues:

Quite laughable!

We are in this together. The schaderfreude on you people's face when ASUU is tackled is amazing. This same conua chairman was asked what their union will do differently, the couldn't answer well. We don't need proliferation of union.

Anyways, letss see if ASUU members will join

... let's see how CONUA will proceed..

Is it not the same federal university that they are operating from? As if all the problems will magically disappear.

Is it not the same FG? Two months down the line CONUA and co will be fustrated back to square one
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by goody2019: 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
The leadership of ASUU enjoys the fun (from check-off dues, etc) while the followers suffer (because nothing to fall back to). That's always the case.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:

rest pls. don’t resume.

the nearest Msc holder who is teaching in private secondary school and earning 50k can’t wait to take your job and earn the least 115k.

know that if you are sacked, you can never get your job back.

Hahahahaha!
Wait first, if the MSc holder takes the job, which session will the holder starts from?
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
goody2019:
The leadership of ASUU enjoys the fun (from check-off dues, etc) while the followers suffer (because nothing to fall back to). That's always the case.

Says who?
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
ufotunang:
Lack of salary, hunger will make many ASUU lectures go to CONUA and be a member and start their lecturing duties....an hungry man is an angry man..if you cannot beat them you join them

It will shock you that CONUA will die a natural death

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Fighting a just cause?
You are either defending them in ignorance or selfish.
ASUU is so coward, hypocritical for knowing the deep corruption in Universities and surreptitiously asking FG to set panel and deal with it. Why can't they confront the VCs when they very well know where the problem is? Are VCs not ASUU members? You can't even be VC if u aren't ASUU member.
I swear to God, there is no place with highest number of ghost workers like Nigerian university. Buhari has done limitless damage to their cult syndicate pretending to be innocent. There is one university I know that have more than 2k ghost workers and had no choice that to connive with the office of AGF we are accusing of corruption and covered it by blindly employing large number of employees and back dated their offer letters to not later than April, 2020 when Buhari asked IPPIS to stop registering new employees in Universities (when all enrolment and capture was carried out and ordered to stop). The misinformation and deception in Nigeria is second to none!

Please read the universities act very well then come and rephrase your comment..

In those cases ASUU has complained about several VCs what did the FG do?

We have not seen EFCC or ICPC investigate a governing council because they know many politics will be implicated.

Where is the report of the visitation panels? Why is it taking them almost two years to release it?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by benardtotti(m): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
Promising5555:

Why would you be employed, not fired and them no wan pay you
And why would they want to add it to 2023 budget, what happens to the one budgeted dis year, did they not do education budget for dis year?

Do you actually understand what ASUU is asking for ? Also by your premise so the whole education budget for this year should be given to ASUU ? Many of you just generalise issues without thinking deeply ,this is why many politicians or activists get into power and fail because they generalised issues only to get there and meet reality .

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by benardtotti(m): 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
[quote author=duduade post=117292702][/quote]

This letter doesn't address what I said ASUU is stating as their unequivocal demands , its just a general letter to ASUU members updating them about current status of things.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Youngwiz71(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:
Buhari will order them to respect court instruction and “promise” to accommodate their requests in 2023 budget, that will be the end of tomorrow’s Buhari decision.

same promises ASUU are againstgrin that’s when Ngige will hamper on Buhari’s instruction to Obey court order, and order VCs to open universities and classrooms for CONUA to teach and keep registrargrin

be rest assured fear fear junior lecturers go rush teach to collect salarygrin

hunger bad

i repeat buhari will promise to accommodate them in 2023 budget and urge them to obey court ordergrin

grin grin hunger bad ooo

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by blackboy(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
FG stance and approach is blackmailing, intimidating, harrassing and authoritarian.
I like the reply ASUU president gave. "Was it any member of theirs who stole the N100b through IPPIS?" Lol jamb question.
Only where they will eat will they quickly pay. No shishi if FG pays or switches to UTAS will benefit them or bring a kobo to their pocket. If it was an inflated bogus contract where there is a sharing formula you would have seen the quick payment.
In the next few days you will see FG go borrow for one unaccountable project

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Tinubuagbado: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
Yoruba version of ASUU. I knew it must be a Yoruba that will betray ASUU.

This one is Tinubu assu.
Betrayers and back stabbers.

Peter Obi to the rescue.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Tflex01: 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubuagbado:

This one is Tinubu assu.

Peter Obi to the rescue.

Mumu. grin
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by femlad97(m): 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
hope4nigeria:
all the comments against ASUU are Fulani herdsmen Cows, they never see anything good in education so they are rejoicing, now tell me, How do you want buhari who never been to University, even waec result sef he no get. Forget about them
i wonder how you dey reason grin what is ASUU contributing to education if not strike, members interest and nothing more...see person wey dey abuse a whole president of illiteracy dey talk rubbish about ASUU to education....anyway e no concern me
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by irunoko(m): 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:
talk is cheap

just like the tree whose branches are being cut off, saying it doesn’t concern it.

very soon they’ll get to your root and uproot it.
sad

See this one. Lecturers wey dey die of hunger. The female Lecturers amongst them don turn Ashawo. Na one Associate Professor from UNN I dey fukcc nowgrin
stop saying rubbish for clout.if them say make you defend your statement,na so you go dey shake.we know your type.everything to you is attention seeking
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by irunoko(m): 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tinubuagbado:

This one is Tinubu assu.

Peter Obi to the rescue.
planning anything meaningful with a Yoruba person is Like giving the keys to your house to a notorious thief
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by irunoko(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
blackboy:
FG stance and approach is blackmailing, intimidating, harrassing and authoritarian.
I like the reply ASUU president gave. "Was it any member of theirs who stole the N100b through IPPIS?" Lol jamb question.
Only where they will eat will they quickly pay. No shishi if FG pays or switches to UTAS will benefit them or bring a kobo to their pocket. If it was an inflated bogus contract where there is a sharing formula you would have seen the quick payment.
In the next few days you will see FG go borrow for one unaccountable project
na their way be that
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Dhefjud: 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
ASUU and FG are two selfish/greedy mofuckers playing champions league with students as football.

Fucking greedy/stingy FG are chopping alone and ASUU is requesting little from the choppings. Na Wetin d cause quarrel.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Dhefjud: 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
RomanGreen:

Weaponizing hunger is one of the reasons Nigeria and the black race will remain backwards and underdeveloped, the govt clearly knows the tool they want to use to weaken the resolve of the hungry folks amongst ASUU members, I dare say they are just very foolish and stupid to fall for such, they want to enjoy temporarily and suffer permanently.

ASUU remains the group to beat and they are fighting a just cause
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Igba123: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:

story. you think many of those junior lecturers hungry since march are still siding ASUU? they will willingly port to CONUA once registration commences, and abandon ASUU that will soon lose license.
you mean port to CNNUA and forfeit their 8 months salary arrears?
I don't think you thought about that. We still have problem
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by faithfull18(f): 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:
guess what? it’ll always KEEP working
Yes because Nigerians can never be united. As soon as some starts getting the benefits, they will abandon the others.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by irunoko(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
Interesting2023:

Must u type something insensible if u have nothing upstairs to say?

The side business and investments most of those lecturers controlled is 2nd to none and they are only fighting for the standard of the education sector that will only benefit u the common man and u're here typing rubbish
you dey mind the fool?
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2022
faithfull18:

Yes because Nigerians can never be united. As soon as some starts getting the benefits, they will abandon the others.
absolutelygrin
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by ArewaNorth: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
sultan003:

Please read the universities act very well then come and rephrase your comment..

In those cases ASUU has complained about several VCs what did the FG do?

We have not seen EFCC or ICPC investigate a governing council because they know many politics will be implicated.

Where is the report of the visitation panels? Why is it taking them almost two years to release it?

You can't lecture me or tell me anything about the system that I worked and got promotion as academic staff in.
If they have the gut to confront FG why can't they tackle the VCs for their internal issues.
I have seen hypocrisy to the highest order. The corruption is immense, man!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by paduzman: 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
This administration doesn't have any plans for the students at all. What a collosal failure lipsrsealed
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by shigoawesu(m): 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
zarathustra:
and that will make the universities better?

Is it better before
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by ufotunang: 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
sultan003:

It will shock you that CONUA will die a natural death
...how will CONUA die ... when many of these lectures will want to join CONUA and start work...many of those lectures are going through alot due to no salary for 8 months...we heard 2 of them committed suicide, some if them are owing debts, their children are going through difficulties ..so many of them will have to start work and get out of these difficulties
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Mrpojj(m): 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2022
IamDietiesGod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/breaking-ASUU-reacts-says-fgs-registration-of-conua-namda-inconsequential/
Government instead of solution you will find problem
When this 3 unions will put head together and make demands una go fit pay?
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Nicenixon: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2022
Acidosis:

CONUA and NAMDA will rise up against the Nigerian government someday over the same problems. grin

You people don't ever learn from your own history.
God bless you, you've said my mind.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ujm1: 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2022
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada / 2013/2014 MUSTE Scholarship (Undergraduate And Postgraduate Students) / Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.