Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA (43767 Views)

Court Dismisses ASUU's Objections, Affirms CONUA, NAMDA As Trade Unions / FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To CONUA (Breakaway ASUU Faction) / Register Our Union Now, ASUU’s Rival, CONUA Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by boladez(m): 12:44am On Oct 06, 2022
Government is a joke....even the military tried to break ASUU by prescribing them.and all without success.

The current senseless, clueless and inept government cannot break ASUU.

if you understand academicians , the union led by an ordinary PhD cannot pull any crowd.

Those traitors that are being used will regret it at the end of the day . like the last time, they may have selected lecturers with disciplinary issues and forced them to work against ASUU...time will tell
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2022
ArewaNorth:

You can't lecture me or tell me anything about the system that I worked and got promotion as academic staff in.
If they have the gut to confront FG why can't they tackle the VCs for their internal issues.
I have seen hypocrisy to the highest order. The corruption is immense, man!

I work in the same system at a high level so i speak from experience
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2022
ufotunang:
...how will CONUA die ... when many of these lectures will want to join CONUA and start work...many of those lectures are going through alot due to no salary for 8 months...we heard 2 of them committed suicide, some if them are owing debts, their children are going through difficulties ..so many of them will have to start work and get out of these difficulties

They start now and go on strike later...

CONUA That is talking what will they do differently from ASUU that will make Govt to work?
These are lecturers still suffering from the same poor welfare abi? Or you want to tell me that they will pretend as if everything is okay?
So far the FG fails the address these issues, one way or the other the university will be affected

Anyway make we dey watch
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 10:28am On Oct 06, 2022
ASUU To Sue the Govt over Registration Of two Factional Academic Unions
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Classickj(m): 11:39am On Oct 06, 2022
Badb0y4lyf:

those lecturers will lose noting cos there are jobs waiting for them in any country of their choice
We have alot of lecturers waiting to fill that position

Soldier go soldier come but barracks still remain

Them no day beg sheet to smell
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by ArewaNorth: 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
sultan003:

I work in the same system at a high level so i speak from experience

Then you need to see the picture in an honest way.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Then you need to see the picture in an honest way.

There are big issues in the university system, it is better a solution is found now, otherwise strike will still occur months down the line.
The people running the system are still the same FG and not ASUU, if they cannot manage it they should privatise

Otherwise it seems like what people want is a situation of garbage in and garbage out, where anything goes
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by sultan003(m): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
Classickj:

We have alot of lecturers waiting to fill that position

Soldier go soldier come but barracks still remain

Them no day beg sheet to smell

What you don't understand is that the issues will still be there and those new lecturers employed to replace the old ones will still go on strike months down the line and we will be back to square one...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? / Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada / 2013/2014 MUSTE Scholarship (Undergraduate And Postgraduate Students)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.