Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA (43774 Views)

Court Dismisses ASUU's Objections, Affirms CONUA, NAMDA As Trade Unions / FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To CONUA (Breakaway ASUU Faction) / Register Our Union Now, ASUU’s Rival, CONUA Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by amerengues(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:

RESOLUTION OF CONGRESS
Congress of Nigerian Universities Academics(CONUA) held an emergency meeting today 4th October, 2022 at the uniben sports complex car park between 3 and 4.30pm and unanimously resolved that:
1. Members should resume work unfailingly tomorrow Wednesday 5th October, 2022.
2. Any attack, physical or verbal by any member(s) of the striking ASUU should be promptly reported to the university management.
3. Members should commence teaching and project supervision immediately.
4. Members were briefed and assured that march, April and May salaries will be paid along October salary while June, July, August and September salaries will be paid with November salary.
5. Members were further informed that the IPPIS payment platform has been modified to accommodate all academic earned allowances.
6. Members expressed appreciation to the federal government for the recognition and registration of our great, dynamic and responsible union.

Signed
Prof v.o igbineweka
Chairman, CONUA uniben chapter

Keep on striking till indefinite, you no go see shishi salary.

Quite laughable!

We are in this together. The schaderfreude on you people's face when ASUU is tackled is amazing. This same conua chairman was asked what their union will do differently, the couldn't answer well. We don't need proliferation of union.

Anyways, letss see if ASUU members will join
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by faithfull18(f): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
RomanGreen:

Weaponizing hunger is one of the reasons Nigeria and the black race will remain backwards and underdeveloped, the govt clearly knows the tool they want to use to weaken the resolve of the hungry folks amongst ASUU members, I dare say they are just very foolish and stupid to fall for such, they want to enjoy temporarily and suffer permanently.

ASUU remains the group to beat and they are fighting a just cause
Nigerian government from time always uses the divide and conquer strategy, I have seen this play out time and time again.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Bromax: 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
This is what you get when professors and the so called learned help rig elections for cattle rearers and 419ners. 2023 is close they will still rig elections for APC and come back to cry. God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by ogascomax: 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jman06:
Prof Osodeke and the rest of ASUU leaders are not very wise!

I was supporting ASUU before but withdrew my support when it became obvious that wisdom had taken a back seat in the struggle.

The best thing would have been to obey court order and return to class while negotiation continues.

Some times I wonder if some of you have brains to think. If FG did not yield to ASUU demand for this whole 7 months then you think it is when they obey court order and resume lectures, that is when FG will do the right thing.
Make una dey get sense na.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by fubsy: 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2022
Instead of solving the educational crises in Nigeria, the government is using the back door to fuel the crisis by engineering a creation of counter association. If this new body succeeds with the subtle intention behind its registration, then we should kiss our tertiary educational system goodbye. This government is like a big ostrich hiding its head in the sand, believing that it has escaped from its predators.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
TenQ:

Some people love injustice when they are not on the recieving end!

FG signed agreements they are backing out of and here you wish to divide them just so that injustice can prevail!?

FG should address the issue instead of weaponizing hunger and using divide an rule technique!
strike till infinity! shishi you won’t see even beyond Christmas and new year.

conua are here to work and be paid

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by imagrg(m): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
ASUU's resolve to continue with the strick after court order is like when the he-goat was asked when he was going to return from a journey, he said he wasn't going back home until he was disgraced.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
faithfull18:

Nigerian government from time always uses the divide and conquer strategy, I have seen this play out time and time again.
guess what? it’ll always KEEP working
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by benardtotti(m): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
RomanGreen:

Weaponizing hunger is one of the reasons Nigeria and the black race will remain backwards and underdeveloped, the govt clearly knows the tool they want to use to weaken the resolve of the hungry folks amongst ASUU members, I dare say they are just very foolish and stupid to fall for such, they want to enjoy temporarily and suffer permanently.

There's no just cause in what ASUU is fighting, please watch the videoc
Below of the neutral meeting of the House of rep , watch it with an open mind and tell me if the points raised by the government agencies are not realistic .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-OQK_GujM
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Jostoman: 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:
talk is cheap

just like the tree whose branches are being cut off, saying it doesn’t concern it.

very soon they’ll get to your root and uproot it.
sad

See this one. Lecturers wey dey die of hunger. The female Lecturers amongst them don turn Ashawo. Na one Associate Professor from UNN I dey fukcc nowgrin
I trust you because you always support the evil of FG. Continue
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by benardtotti(m): 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2022
ogascomax:

Some times I wonder if some of you have brains to think. If FG did not yield to ASUU demand for this whole 7 months then you think it is when they obey court order and resume lectures, that is when FG will do the right thing.
Make una dey get sense na.

That's a lie the fg placed a valid offer on the table ,ASUU rejected it outright and said 2 things : 1. They must be paid for 7 months of no work and 2. They must get utas and also their payments must be this year and not apportioned in the 2023 budget .

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
Jostoman:
I trust you because you always support the evil of FG. Continue
No Union is stronger than FG

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by TenQ: 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:
strike till infinity! shishi you won’t see even beyond Christmas and new year.

conua are here to work and be paid
Some people feel that freedom is suffering because of FOOD!?
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
TenQ:

Some people feel that freedom is suffering because of FOOD!?

rest pls. don’t resume.

the nearest Msc holder who is teaching in private secondary school and earning 50k can’t wait to take your job and earn the least 115k.

know that if you are sacked, you can never get your job back.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by TenQ: 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:

rest pls. don’t resume.

the nearest Msc holder who is teaching in private secondary school and earning 50k can’t wait to take your job and earn the least 115k.

know that if you are sacked, you can never get your job back.
LOL!
See how this one is rejoicing that M.Sc. holders are earning N50k.

It's not your fault that you had a third class in the University: I can understand!
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Youngwiz71(m): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
blackpanda:

Lol. You are hoping for results from a govt that u tagged as evil and wicked? Is that not ironical Since this govt is wicked, it's better u patiently wait for the next govt that will not be wicked grin cheesy

grin it's just that HoR speaker said his talk with Bubu was fruitful..... I just hope the conclusion of it tomorrow will yield results, I won't be surprised if it doesn't tho cheesy
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Promising5555: 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Why is these government so bleeped, so another government can just enter and reject agreement with CONUA and go back to ASUU as better choice,

Buhari should have just faced ASUU and solve the problem ones for all
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by duduade: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
Youngwiz71:

grin it's just that HoR speaker said his talk with Bubu was fruitful..... I just hope the conclusion of it tomorrow will yield results, I won't be surprised if it doesn't tho cheesy

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Promising5555: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
benardtotti:

That's a lie the fg placed a valid offer on the table ,ASUU rejected it outright and said 2 things : 1. They must be paid for 7 months of no work and 2. They must get utas and also their payments must be this year and not apportioned in the 2023 budget .

Why would you be employed, not fired and them no wan pay you
And why would they want to add it to 2023 budget, what happens to the one budgeted dis year, did they not do education budget for dis year?
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by baretalk: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
duduade:

The Ngige that's spear heading the scatter scatter of all this is a coward... Person wey buy form for 100m but because of greediness he still couldn't leave the minister office. He has to replace the money spent already... HE CANT STAND AS A MAN WEY HE TALK SAY HE BE....In a sane country you resign.... Amaechi and co wey resign, do they have two heads....

This is why ASUU is saying the visiting panels set up by FG for each school should publish their reports.... Let each school be held accountable... The Government can't be pumping money into an establishment and you don't know how the money is been used.. These so called visiting panels nominated by the FG still haven't published these reports...

The only thing an ASUU member is entitled to na their salaries which their are already underpaid.... Then some allowances.. which is based on if you are entitled to it... what I mean is worked for it...

Yesterday Lagos Governor announced increasing in salaries for Lagos state workers, they were all happy singing praises… I don’t understand why the praising … something that was long overdue and they are entitled to …

Anyway if person talk from now till kingdom come most of Nigerians will not understand the issues ASUU are deliberating on .. and this is due to their short sight minds....

Make everyone carry him load. I wish una all the best
Okay now I understand that part better. But ASUU should dialogue not insisting on government doing everything now, when the money is not available.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by duduade: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2022
benardtotti:

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by maasoap(m): 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Youngwiz71:
This man is just fooling himself...... Does he really think ASUU will remain strong Just recently I saw one of my lecturers, a Dr for that matter he was a taxi driver(I did not say bolt oo), will such choose to remain with ASUU??..

See hunger is a very powerful weapon, and this evil govt will do all they can to utilize it, like I said before, in war you should know when to retreat, it's not weakness, ASUU should have done that after that last round of discussions in August before they went indefinite....

When the govt ordered the schools to reopen about last week, ASUU said schools can reopen but it's members are on strike, now another association in Conua has been created, just watch the massive exodus that will happen from ASUU to Conua if they refuse to call of their strike....

This govt is evil and wicked, I just hope the discussion of the speaker with Buhari will yield positive results...

You see this government as evil and wicked, at least they immediately put a stop to queuing at fuel stations for more than a week just to buy 1 litre of petrol at N600, even at the time when naira had higher value. The same problem that another government couldn't solve for 16 years.
The evil here is ASUU that refused yield to anything and and refused to shift ground despite the fact that its members are dying of hunger and ill health.
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by ufotunang: 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lack of salary, hunger will make many ASUU lectures go to CONUA and be a member and start their lecturing duties....an hungry man is an angry man..if you cannot beat them you join them

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2022
TenQ:

LOL!
See how this one is rejoicing that M.Sc. holders are earning N50k.

It's not your fault that you had a third class in the University: I can understand!
prove i had a 3rd class or your father is a bastard mothered by a brothel staff.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Youngwiz71(m): 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
maasoap:

You see this government as evil and wicked, at least they immediately put a stop to queuing at fuel stations for more than a week just to buy 1 litre of petrol at N600, even at the time when naira had higher value. The same problem that another government couldn't solve for 16 years.
The evil here is ASUU that refused yield to anything and and refused to shift ground despite the fact that its members are dying of hunger and ill health.

Indeed this might stop the strike, but will it end the issue of revitalization, underfunding etc

I think the govt are just tackling the symptoms and not the disease itself
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Promising5555:

Why would you be employed, not fired and them no wan pay you
And why would they want to add it to 2023 budget, what happens to the one budgeted dis year, did they not do education budget for dis year?
no work no pay. you’re welcome to strike until next year easter.

lazy bastards

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
duduade:

The Ngige that's spear heading the scatter scatter of all this is a coward... Person wey buy form for 100m but because of greediness he still couldn't leave the minister office. He has to replace the money spent already... HE CANT STAND AS A MAN WEY HE TALK SAY HE BE....In a sane country you resign.... Amaechi and co wey resign, do they have two heads....

This is why ASUU is saying the visiting panels set up by FG for each school should publish their reports.... Let each school be held accountable... The Government can't be pumping money into an establishment and you don't know how the money is been used.. These so called visiting panels nominated by the FG still haven't published these reports...

The only thing an ASUU member is entitled to na their salaries which their are already underpaid.... Then some allowances.. which is based on if you are entitled to it... what I mean is worked for it...

Yesterday Lagos Governor announced increasing in salaries for Lagos state workers, they were all happy singing praises… I don’t understand why the praising … something that was long overdue and they are entitled to …

Anyway if person talk from now till kingdom come most of Nigerians will not understand the issues ASUU are deliberating on .. and this is due to their short sight minds....

Make everyone carry him load. I wish una all the best
bye bye nigerian students won’t miss you
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Pacesetter123(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
@ bolded. FG don finally render ASUU useless cheesy
No,they are not.
It's a usual antics of government in face of intense labour activism.
But the result is always not long lasting.

On several occasions, the FG have tried that with NLC but it didn't work,they tried it with NUATE,it didn't also work.
They tried it with so many other labour movement but at the end,it didn't also work out.

They will still need to reached a compromise with ASUU on this matter before the university education system can operate well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by TenQ: 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ebubu:
prove i had a 3rd class or your father is a bastard mothered by a brothel staff.
LOL!
Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
Youngwiz71:

Buhari will order them to respect court instruction and “promise” to accommodate their requests in 2023 budget, that will be the end of tomorrow’s Buhari decision.

same promises ASUU are againstgrin that’s when Ngige will hamper on Buhari’s instruction to Obey court order, and order VCs to open universities and classrooms for CONUA to teach and keep registrargrin

be rest assured fear fear junior lecturers go rush teach to collect salarygrin

hunger bad

i repeat buhari will promise to accommodate them in 2023 budget and urge them to obey court ordergrin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by Ebubu: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
Pacesetter123:

No,they are not.
It's a usual antics of government in face of intense labour activism.
But the result is always not long lasting.

On several occasions, the FG have tried that with NLC but it didn't work,they tried it with NUATE,it didn't also work.
They tried it with so many other labour movement but at the end,it didn't also work out.

They will still need to reached a compromise with ASUU on this matter before the university education system can operate well.
from yesterday Nigerian Govt will be negotiating with CONUA not ASUU

1 Like

Re: ASUU Reacts As FG Registers CONUA, NAMDA by ArewaNorth: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
RomanGreen:

Fighting a just cause?
You are either defending them in ignorance or selfish.
ASUU is so coward, hypocritical for knowing the deep corruption in Universities and surreptitiously asking FG to set panel and deal with it. Why can't they confront the VCs when they very well know where the problem is? Are VCs not ASUU members? You can't even be VC if u aren't ASUU member.
I swear to God, there is no place with highest number of ghost workers like Nigerian university. Buhari has done limitless damage to their cult syndicate pretending to be innocent. There is one university I know that have more than 2k ghost workers and had no choice that to connive with the office of AGF we are accusing of corruption and covered it by blindly employing large number of employees and back dated their offer letters to not later than April, 2020 when Buhari asked IPPIS to stop registering new employees in Universities (when all enrolment and capture was carried out and ordered to stop). The misinformation and deception in Nigeria is second to none!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada / Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation / UNN Student Gets Scholarship From Frank Edwards For Drawing His Portrait(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.