Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him (3385 Views)

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Accommodate His Ex With Three Kids / I Accommodate Her In My House, Now I Am In Love With Her / What Was I Supposed To Do? Close My Eyes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Nemesis0147(m): 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
People hearts are cold oh...look at advice they are dishing out.
Before you say anything,,put yourself in the guys’ shoes.

The only problem I will have accommodating someone is when he doesn’t abide by my T and C.

He might end up being a great guy at the long run....anyone can find himself in such a situation.

Just try and don’t hesitate to kick him out when he starts misbehaving..,u can give him a time frame if you want.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Kobicove(m): 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
Does it mean that he does not have close relatives he can stay with temporarily
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Kobicove(m): 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
Nemesis0147:
People hearts are cold oh...look at advice they are dishing out.
Before you say anything,,put yourself in the guys’ shoes.

The only problem I will have accommodating someone is when he doesn’t abide by my T and C.

He might end up being a great guy at the long run....anyone can find himself in such a situation.

Just try and don’t hesitate to kick him out when he starts misbehaving..,u can give him a time frame if you want.

The people advising him are not cold hearted, they are advising him based on current happenings in the society.

Being too trusting these days can get you in very big trouble

I personally would not open my doors to a person I barely know, I would rater give you some money to go sort yourself out

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Homeboiy: 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
Don't make that mistake

Rather give him some money to go pay for another apartment

You go regret am.

My guy wey I accommodate moved out without even telling me up till today
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Bigfish121(m): 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
I don't share my space with anybody and I will advise you not to do such.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Chris2863(m): 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
youngmd:
speak English as u Sabi well so
speak or write in English?? Olodo
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Adolak(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:
Hello my people. I have an issue at hand. There's this guy I barely know, we met in my new hood, and we became friends. He is from a place I spent almost my childhood years in, that's what made me to fancy him, based on childhood memories of that great town, and they are generally good people. But I don't know his parents, brothers, family members etc.
So we see each other almost everyday. We go out and watch football matches and catch fun together, he is a nice guy, though with some flaws(everyone get their own flaws) , but his own is that he is a chronic gambler. Card gambling, virtual soccer etc. He gambles almost everyday.

Now he was issued quit notice from his house and he wants to move into my space temporarily, until he gets money to rent a new apartment. He's been to my house and slept over several times. I live in a two bedroom and parlour apartment, all alone, one of the rooms is even empty, I just use it as washroom.

So after discussing with him yesterday, I told him I will get back to him, he needs to move out of his old house latest this weekend.

So guys, I need your advice, I never lived together with another person before all through my life. Should I go ahead or should I just close my doors on him. My mind is telling me to look him straight face in the eye and tell him"am sorry guy, I wish I could help you out" But another thought is telling me to help a brother

If you can afford it, give him the money for his rent. Or half of it.
Someone like that can't be staying in more than a room apartment.

That way, you've tried and you'll be preventing possible future problems.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by gulfer: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2022
From experience, I can day you'll regret this angry angry angry angry
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by diogo23: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:
Hello my people. I have an issue at hand. There's this guy I barely know, we met in my new hood, and we became friends. He is from a place I spent almost my childhood years in, that's what made me to fancy him, based on childhood memories of that great town, and they are generally good people. But I don't know his parents, brothers, family members etc.
So we see each other almost everyday. We go out and watch football matches and catch fun together, he is a nice guy, though with some flaws(everyone get their own flaws) , but his own is that he is a chronic gambler. Card gambling, virtual soccer etc. He gambles almost everyday.

Now he was issued quit notice from his house and he wants to move into my space temporarily, until he gets money to rent a new apartment. He's been to my house and slept over several times. I live in a two bedroom and parlour apartment, all alone, one of the rooms is even empty, I just use it as washroom.

So after discussing with him yesterday, I told him I will get back to him, he needs to move out of his old house latest this weekend.

So guys, I need your advice, I never lived together with another person before all through my life. Should I go ahead or should I just close my doors on him. My mind is telling me to look him straight face in the eye and tell him"am sorry guy, I wish I could help you out" But another thought is telling me to help a brother
Don't start what you can't finish, to come in is easy but to go out is war , if you have extra cash help him to get small apartment when he balance he get himself a better place , if he come into your place it will not end well

1 Like

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Baronthecelebri: 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2022
How can a guy go and stay with a woman, don't allow him to stay.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Chibuzoc(m): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Bro don't try this although he might be a good guy but my experience currently, I regret it and the person I am sharing space with is my cousin. Wetin remain na fight but inshallah I go give am strict T&C wey go make am japa. People are wicked
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by omolasho: 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
Accommodating him for how long? Help him out if there is a timeline and under a condition to stop gambling.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Doflamingo: 6:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:

Bruh...just wanna tell you a recent story that happened to my friend...

Just like you...he saw a helpless nigga who asked for his help. He decided to give him a chance....as per bro code.

After a few days, the guy observed his ways no pure...so he decided to change his locks.

Unknown to him, the homeless niggaa bought a new saw , used it to cut the locks grin

Then he called Keke....packed all my guy's stuff...plasma tv,laptop, clothings even sneakers.

The guy just ransacked the whole room and disappeared just like that...

All these happened just because he decided to help a niggaa

So be careful nigga...that's all I can tell you smiley
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
Doflamingo:

Bruh...just wanna tell you a recent story that happened to my friend...

Just like you...he saw a helpless nigga who asked for his help. He decided to give him a chance....as per bro code.

After a few days, the guy observed his ways no pure...so he decided to change his locks.

Unknown to him, the homeless niggaa bought a new saw , used it to cut the locks grin

Then he called Keke....packed all my guy's stuff...plasma tv,laptop, clothings even sneakers.

The guy just ransacked the whole room and disappeared just like that...

All these happened just because he decided to help a niggaa

So be careful nigga...that's all I can tell you smiley

This is a shocking story
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Mom007(f): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
Learn to say NO! It won't end well.
Dude doesn't need bailouts, he needs hard knocks so as to set his life straight. gambling is a demon thats bigger than your good intentions. If you really wanna help him, say NO.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by ceeceeuwa: 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:

If you can support him with some funds to add to his and get a place the better for you two. The truth is that once you start living together,you will begin to see his flaws and your friendship will wane... getting him to move out will become a problem
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Clinghton: 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
At least you know his flaws, if you can accommodate someone with such habit who am I to advise you.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Streetmovement(m): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:

I tell you, make he no go do funny thing for area and area will come hold me to provide him. Giving a monkey cup to drink no be big deal na to collect cup from Monkey be the koko

Wotoporiously cool speaking

You know the story
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by stanvesco(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:

Don't help him.
You don't know him and you don't owe him.
House rent is like pregnancy and so he had ample time to plan.

You already know he gambles so just know that it's either he gambled his rent away or he gambles to pay rent. With a free room na fight una must fight before he leaves.

Also, if you get babe just know U r risking her with the lefulefu
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by darlington64: 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
My brother the honest truth is that people are so very ungrateful,the person I have accommodated for the past two months and has not contributed to the running of the house in any way,is seeing me as a bad person because I told him it's time to get his own place....on one occasion self he even said we should start being roommates ( person wey I accommodate ooo) it's better to be a bad person from begin than after the help and see finish you go turn bad person.... just follow your heart.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
stanvesco:

Don't help him.
You don't know him and you don't owe him.
House rent is like pregnancy and so he had ample time to plan.

You already know he gambles so just know that it's either he gambled his rent away or he gambles to pay rent. With a free room na fight una must fight before he leaves.

Also, if you get babe just know U r risking her with the lefulefu

U too much, thanks
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by grafixdon: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
The only problem I've with the idea of accommodating him is that you don't know any of his people. You guys take things for granted, what if this guy fall sick and die, how will you locate his people?

Be wise in your dealing, they may even accuse you of using him for ritual, this country is very delicate now and you must be very careful.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Johnnyboy6757(m): 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:

blessed are the merciful for they shall optain mercy
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Angelacruz: 12:53am On Oct 06, 2022
Faber:

With what you guys said so far, you guys really wants me to help him, out with some pre-agreement. So let me wait for more advice, then I follow una advice. I appreciate
Don't do it...with that kind of attitude,he might even be stealing your money to gamble or might still not want to leave your house...
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Ndipe(m): 3:01am On Oct 06, 2022
Be a good Samaritan and accommodate him.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by tuzle(m): 3:11am On Oct 06, 2022
I remember traveling to ekiti around 2011 for the first time. Got there around 11pm. I was suppose to stay with a church member family who stays there. Called this guy's number but the phone was switched off and I don't know anybody or anywhere. The money with me was for my journey back and feeding for the two days I plan on staying there. That was how I met someone at the car park, explained my situation to him and he said he was going to help. Took me to his grand parents place as he also came from Lagos that day too. They treated me like I wasn't a stranger, gave me food. God bless that family were ever they are now. Back to the topic follow your mind.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by luizpippo(m): 7:24am On Oct 06, 2022
The fact that he is a chronic gambler already puts your properties at risk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Eat This "Carrot" If It's Being Offered To You? / What Does It Mean If A Lady Hardly Get Wet? / 5 Years Gone, She Never Asked Anything From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.