Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him (3394 Views)

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Accommodate His Ex With Three Kids / I Accommodate Her In My House, Now I Am In Love With Her / What Was I Supposed To Do? Close My Eyes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2022
Hello my people. I have an issue at hand. There's this guy I barely know, we met in my new hood, and we became friends. He is from a place I spent almost my childhood years in, that's what made me to fancy him, based on childhood memories of that great town, and they are generally good people. But I don't know his parents, brothers, family members etc.
So we see each other almost everyday. We go out and watch football matches and catch fun together, he is a nice guy, though with some flaws(everyone get their own flaws) , but his own is that he is a chronic gambler. Card gambling, virtual soccer etc. He gambles almost everyday.

Now he was issued quit notice from his house and he wants to move into my space temporarily, until he gets money to rent a new apartment. He's been to my house and slept over several times. I live in a two bedroom and parlour apartment, all alone, one of the rooms is even empty, I just use it as washroom.

So after discussing with him yesterday, I told him I will get back to him, he needs to move out of his old house latest this weekend.

So guys, I need your advice, I never lived together with another person before all through my life. Should I go ahead or should I just close my doors on him. My mind is telling me to look him straight face in the eye and tell him"am sorry guy, I wish I could help you out" But another thought is telling me to help a brother

1 Like

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Amb1045(m): 10:52am On Oct 05, 2022
Give him time frame when to pack out if you accommodate him now

5 Likes

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by thrillionaire(m): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2022
Tricky situation. He's got a bad habit - gambling. What if he begins to steal from you to service his gambling addiction? From experience, people you can allow to live with you are those who are of excellent character that mirrors yours.
Since he knows you have enough space, I believe he's come to stay till you'll have to chase him away and spoil the friendship.

My advice: take him in, give him your rules subtly - likes and dislikes. Nothing must get missing and to uphold your privacy. If he breaks your rules after one or two warnings, kick him out.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by youngmd: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2022
Wati man do man .if it was to be a lady shay u help her.tell him ur conditions if he can accept it fine

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2022
youngmd:
Wati man do man .if it was to be a lady shay u help her.tell him ur conditions if he can accept it fine

No go there bro, if na lady, I no go gree. If am to accommodate girls he for no see space for my house.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2022
youngmd:

Taken,thanks
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 11:09am On Oct 05, 2022
Amb1045:

This sounds good

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Jmarjr(m): 11:40am On Oct 05, 2022
Give him ur T&C

1 Like

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 11:41am On Oct 05, 2022
Jmarjr:
Give him ur T&C

Ok bro
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2022
Jmarjr:
Give him ur T&C
youngmd:
Amb1045:

With what you guys said so far, you guys really wants me to help him, out with some pre-agreement. So let me wait for more advice, then I follow una advice. I appreciate
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Streetmovement(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
Wotoporiously coolspeaking

Don't make that mistake cuz even your terms and conditions won't matter in a long run.

Shit can go south real quick than you expected

Use your head and fix the rest of the puzzle I don't want to talk too much.

Come up with a better excuse to let him know he can't stay at your place ASAP...forget what you know cuz you barely know the nigga man.

But if your God feeling say make you help I'm not against that in anyway

My opinion

9 Likes

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Marawaitlist: 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2022

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Chris2863(m): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2022
youngmd:
shut up
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by youngmd: 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Chris2863:
shut up
ur fada
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Millz404(m): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
First ask him how long he intends to stay and get a definite answer from him, and let him know the time period you are comfortable with. That will put him on his toes. But help him. We all need him sometimes

1 Like

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Chris2863(m): 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
youngmd:
ur fada
ewure
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
Negative for me couple with his gambling addict. Is the guy working
As you said, you don't know any of his relations remembered human being are unpredictable.

Faber:
Hello my people. I have an issue at hand. There's this guy I barely know, we met in my new hood, and we became friends. He is from a place I spent almost my childhood years in, that's what made me to fancy him, based on childhood memories of that great town, and they are generally good people. But I don't know his parents, brothers, family members etc.
So we see each other almost everyday. We go out and watch football matches and catch fun together, he is a nice guy, though with some flaws(everyone get their own flaws) , but his own is that he is a chronic gambler. Card gambling, virtual soccer etc. He gambles almost everyday.

Now he was issued quit notice from his house and he wants to move into my space temporarily, until he gets money to rent a new apartment. He's been to my house and slept over several times. I live in a two bedroom and parlour apartment, all alone, one of the rooms is even empty, I just use it as washroom.

So after discussing with him yesterday, I told him I will get back to him, he needs to move out of his old house latest this weekend.

So guys, I need your advice, I never lived together with another person before all through my life. Should I go ahead or should I just close my doors on him. My mind is telling me to look him straight face in the eye and tell him"am sorry guy, I wish I could help you out" But another thought is telling me to help a brother

1 Like

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by youngmd: 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
Chris2863:
ewure
speak English as u Sabi well so
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
AKWATGOLD1:
Negative for me couple with his gambling addict. Is the guy working
As you said, you don't know any of his relations remembered human being are unpredictable.

That's what am afraid of. If he behaves funny, or steal peoples item and runaway, where will I find him and go.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously coolspeaking

Don't make that mistake cuz even your terms and conditions won't matter in a long run.

Shit can go south real quick than you expected

Use your head and fix the rest of the puzzle I don't want to talk too much.

Come up with a better excuse to let him know he can't stay at your place ASAP...forget what you know cuz you barely know the nigga man.

But if your God feeling say make you help I'm not against that in anyway

My opinion

I tell you, make he no go do funny thing for area and area will come hold me to provide him. Giving a monkey cup to drink no be big deal na to collect cup from Monkey be the koko

1 Like

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by detectivejones: 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
I'll tell you something if you're uncomfortable with him staying then find a subtle way of refusing. We live in a very terrible time, or you can allow him but give him time and your rules which he must adhere to.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Starboytwo(m): 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
A man needs his privacy

I love my G’s on Gahd, but make everybody Dey hin Dey ajeh.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by LalastiklaIa(m): 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
Don't do it!

If you are the kind that usually stays at home. The dude will see you finish and start misbehaving in your house. I have first hand experience. Even for a week don't allow him! angry I repeat don't! .

It is better the relationship turns sour now than after he he has come and showed you pepper.

As someone that was previously nice and accommodating. I am giving you first hand experience.

Some idiotic guys claim never to do house chores. Mr Alpha males that don't wash their plates, don't sweep. He may want to eat your food but eat his alone. He may drink garri with your plates and leave it to dry up and dump for you to wash. May never help you out with something but want you to help. May want to start bringing girls and too many friends home. You might not be comfortable with all these I just said I should tell you. The thing is if table turns and you need a place too he won't even let you spend the night. A word is enough for the wise. As you see me so as guy man so I can't let anybody sleep over in my house o. You can visit me and play with me from morning till night but when evening reach abeg dey go your house and your visits must never be frequent. It is like you never had roommate in uni abi? The choice is yours

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by goodmike7: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
I see your help turning your friend into an enemy.....

1 Like

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:

I believe you are a woman. Sister, you can't accommodate him for more than 48 hours. Within that period, he should be able to reach his family and friends. If it's total helplessness, go and get a police report that nothing must touch you before you allow him stay.
He may be a good man but time ll prove it.
Last Bullet
Men are evil. If he has been targeting your body before, you are in hot soup!
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Newdawn30: 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
Faber:

Don't allow him. I don't think you should help him. So he doesn't have other guys or relative around to stay with?
Why wasn't he able to renew his rent?
Staying with you has always been at the back of his mind. In this part of the world, people take advantage of nice people. See finish go enter. If you don't help him he will still be fine. He won't die.

In this life learn to follow your mind you can never go wrong when you do... You aren't totally comfortable with him staying with you. You had to come online for advice. Those telling you to let him stay won't be there when shit goes down.
You see that mind telling you not to allow him and you're fighting cos you're being sentimental. Don't be sentimental. Follow your guts

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
LalastiklaIa:
Don't do it!

If you are the kind that usually stays at home. The dude will see you finish and start misbehaving in your house. I have first hand experience. Even for a week don't allow him! angry I repeat don't! .

It is better the relationship turns sour now than after he he has come and showed you pepper.

As someone that was previously nice and accommodating. I am giving you first hand experience.

Some idiotic guys claim never to do house chores. Mr Alpha males that don't wash their plates, don't sweep. He may want to eat your food but eat his alone. He may drink garri with your plates and leave it to dry up and dump for you to wash. May never help you out with something but want you to help. May want to start bringing girls and too many friends home. You might not be comfortable with all these I just said I should tell you. The thing is if table turns and you need a place too he won't even let you spend the night. A word is enough for the wise. As you see me so as guy man so I can't let anybody sleep over in my house o. You can visit me and play with me from morning till night but when evening reach abeg dey go your house and your visits must never be frequent. It is like you never had roommate in uni abi? The choice is yours

I never had a roommate before. Thanks
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Faber(m): 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
Sweetplum:

I believe you are a woman. Sister, you can't accommodate him for more than 48 hours. Within that period, he should be able to reach his family and friends. If it's total helplessness, go and get a police report that nothing must touch you before you allow him stay.
He may be a good man but time ll prove it.
Last Bullet
Men are evil. If he has been targeting your body before, you are in hot soup!

I no be woman sis. But your words are on good footing. I will convert it to male version grin grin

Thanks
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by zed7: 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
It doesn't usually end well. Be advised.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Sweetvie: 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
Don't accommodate him
Is he going to say he doesn't have any male friends to stay with? We are in a dangerous time now... Make ur help no come turn something else.
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by Candidlady: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
sad

You wanna accomodate a chronic gambler undecided

Your equipments at home are all goners

Isay throw that fruitless thing on the street only then can you have peace.. even if you wanna render help to anyone never render help to men.. you'd regret it later. ..

And why was he served a quit notice?
Guess he gambled away his savings

Use your head

You should know your gender got nothing to offer aside pains and chaos

Peace
Re: Should I Accommodate Him Or Close My Doors On Him by ITbomb(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tell him your fiancé will be coming to stay with you in the next 3 months and he could stay at most 2 months before you start preparing the house for her (privacy stuff)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Naja Haje Sef? / As A Guy Can You Enjoy Romance With Another Guy And Is There Gay In Nigeria? / Ladies How Do You Feel When Your Friend Get All The Attention? Be Sincere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.