Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Places to Visit in Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Places to Visit in Nigeria (11324 Views)

Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday / The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Places to Visit in Nigeria by omon(m): 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2005
Where to Visit in Nigeria

Hello, I will be visiting home (Nigeria) soon after my marriage.  I will want to take my wife to fun places in Nigeria, can you advise on the star attractions in Nigeria?  Can anyone one share his/her experiences??
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2005
Olumo Rock in Abeokuta is one of the places she might enjoy. I've been there.

I've also heard about the Yankari game reserve and Obudu hills (venue of Gulder Ultimate Search 2).
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2005
No other place like Yankari game reserve in Bauchi. That place is great! Swimming pool, animals, people from all over the world. Yeah ... Yankari is great!
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by IAH(f): 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2005
Ikogosi warm spring
Osun River
Erin-Ijesha water falls
Idanre hills
MicCom golf course (that place is nice!!)
Obafemi Awolowo University
University of Ibadan (Zoo)
Aso Rock
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by yemmy(f): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2005
As far as i'm concerned she will definitely enjoy Erin ijesha water falls cos is a very cool place,Jos is ok for her to visit,Zoological Garden [U I],finally take her to Sheraton hotel for ur honey moon periods in Nigeria.
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by omon(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2005
Many thanks guys,, I never knew there are lots of places one can visit in Nigeria. It is a shame we don't get to know of these places easily on the internet or TV. Has anyone been to whispering palms? I hear it is a cool place too. Cheers!
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by tayotina(f): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2005
Yeah whispering palms in badagry. Heard its a nice place too. Never been there sha.
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2005
hit ABJ(Abuja) man. for a fee i'll take you round. you and your wife will have the time of ur lives grin
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by CimonJorr(m): 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2005
My People...

I was just having a chat with Kenya on places in Nigeria  that would be interesting to visit..

I have been to a couple of cities, and would like to hear your comments or suggestions about places that would be worth while... Anything or place that comes to mind.. or that would be a memorable place to visit..

Some places I've been to are..

1. ViewPoint at Abraka, Delta state..

2. Nike Lake, Enugu...

3. Yankari Game Reserve.. and the Wiki Natural Springs.. Bauchi

4. Eleko Beach, Near Epe, Lagos..

5. Takwa Bay, also Lagos.

6. Calabar City...

7. Port Harcourt City.. [the best night life outside Lagos..  wink]

Places I would like to get to...

1. Oguta Lake, in Imo state..

2. Obudu Ranch.. [I believe this is currently names the Protea Hotel Resort]

So... People.. please help me out..
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by chimanu2000(m): 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2005
Gembu..
sarduana local government taraba state. relatively unspoilt the weathers just as good as florida in the US. lush green vegetation, a variety of dams, interesting peoples and cultures and peaceful enviroment. its the coldest place in west africa(it lies on the mambilla plateau).home of the highland tea plantation
challenges
1.poor road network leading to the area
2. poor electricity(its overcome if you stay in good accomodation)

Gashaka national park..(gashaka taraba state)
one of the least popular parks nationwide but one of the most diverse,contains a large population of a variety of wildlife,relatively unspoilt, town itself is quite rustic and peacefull
challenges-same as gembu
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Latoya(f): 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2005
hey take her to the north.
places especially kano state,u have places like:

Hills and Valley

Bagauda hills

Emir palace

Dubair

manguwa water restaurant
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by obong(m): 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2005
chimanu2000 I want to go to the mambilla. I never knew it was coldest place in west africa though. Thanks for the info. Maybe i'll buy some land out there and get a house. Do you know if it snows?
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Oracle(m): 4:53am On Dec 19, 2005
U can visit Aso Villa grin grin
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by toyinp: 11:38am On Dec 21, 2005
wild life park in jos with gog and magog try getting to the top of the mountain with a vanacular and u will see every where in jos .[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by CimonJorr(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2005
meaning?? cry

toyinp:

wild life park in jos with gog and magog try getting to the top of the mountain with a vanacular and u will see every where in jos .[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by buckeye(m): 9:45am On Dec 30, 2005
omon:

Many thanks guys,, I never knew there are lots of places one can visit in Nigeria. It is a shame we don't get to know of these places easily on the internet or TV. Has anyone been to whispering palms? I hear it is a cool place too. Cheers!

i have been to whispering palm in Badagry, the place is fun when they have some kind of events going on but other than that is just like the Tarzan Jetty in victoria island.
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Advin(m): 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2006
Obudu cattle ranch.
Akpokan falls.
Yankaree games reserve.
Ibeno beach.
etc.
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by bedone(m): 8:49am On Jan 08, 2006
Na wetin una dey yan, they didn't say they are going to naija for excursion, omo make una talk of nice joints wey go make am trip. Wetin dey for palmsprings, olumo rock aba una boring. I beg, you need to go abuja and find yourself some nice chillin spots and not to forget adeola alakija for Victoria Island, you will be spending money sha for headsup.
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2006
she meant binoculars! and u know dat!
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by godiachi: 8:30pm On Feb 27, 2006
whispering palms is nothing like tarzan jetty in victoria island. it is an establishment suitable for children and adults alike. it is ideal for family getaways, business conferences, honeymooners and day trippers. the staff are pleasant and helpful and the ambience is bliss. there is no place in the whole of nigeria like whispering palms. i visit the place every year and it is money well spent. the activities that they have include;
speed boat
pedal boats
mini zoo
bicycle track and bicycles
swimming pool
football field
tennis court
table tennis tables
volley ball nets
not to mention the amazing restaurant and accomodation. they also organise numerous excursions. i've been to see the first storey building, the tree where christianity was first preached and seme in benin republic courtesy of whispering palms.
the place is nice!
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Rhodalyn(f): 8:29pm On Mar 20, 2006
the palace
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by obong(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2006
when was the last tiem anyone here visited yankari and how much did the whole thing cost you?
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Badman888(m): 1:54am On May 31, 2006
warri
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Mystique(f): 9:20am On Jun 29, 2006
Try Zamfara State grin grin
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by dollypee1(f): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2006
obudu ranch resort is the best .
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 4:56am On Jul 08, 2006
Badman:
Now why would anyone want to visit warri? Are you serious?
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Izzo(m): 2:56am On Jul 15, 2006
You might want to try checking out the new galleria located in Victoria Island.
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by menike(m): 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2006
I learnt Calabar looks cool - I kinda need to visit Naija. I visited ther like 10yrs ago(Damn grin wink sad shocked embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry ) I miss Home y'all
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Busta(f): 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2006
A-B-U-J-A
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2007
Kwa Falls in Akamkpa

Obudu Cattle Ranch.

Uyo, my hometown

Calabar.

Yankari Games Reserve.

Olumo Rock.

We have a lot of tourist attraction in Nigeria.
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by londoner: 1:29pm On Feb 05, 2007
Calabar - Obudu Ranch and Tinapa is opening in March I believe.

Take a sneak peek,
http://www.africa-ata.org/ng_photo2.htm
www.tinapa.com

Abuja,
Re: Places to Visit in Nigeria by adorable1: 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2008
I need a telephone contact for Yankari Game Reserve please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

International Passport Needed Urgently / Isa Muazu: Nigeria To Accept UK Deportee's Plane / How Do I Relocate To The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.