Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Some Tips About Living In Uk - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Tips About Living In Uk (56366 Views)

Sad Truths About Living Abroad / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by MrReeseG(m): 10:26pm On Apr 04, 2023
Mindlog:

No, they daily clear their shelves off of products going by the dates on the pack. For example that pack of grape I attached, needed to be sold by yesterday the 24th March and shouldn't be found in the supermarket today being 25th, reason that they had to sell it at that give away price yesterday evening else na complete waste to them.

If you like buy am put am for your fridge for the next one month, e no concern them again.šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
Not bad at all
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Goodman247: 1:18am On Apr 05, 2023
22years of enduring racial abuse my brother u tried
our tribal issues in Nigeria is much than the racial abuse you are talking about

1 Like

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Zeusgemmi: 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
Rapitex:
You are dreaming with Tinubu narrative. Pounds may get to #1200 under his watch

Your prediction is 100% correct
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Coquinoqui: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
Threesha:
SOME TIPS ABOUT LIVING IN UK

Iā€™ll like to prepare your mind as a married man that when you get to UK,thereā€™s higher chance for you to baby sit, ook, dishes, change pampers, get the kids set for school, etc. Itā€™s better to get yourself acquainted with this ahead.

This is not to ridicule your personality, they are things you might need to do to keep the family running. And as the wife, have it in mind that you might not get to live that luxury life of ā€œmy husband is responsible for family upkeepā€nah. Living in UK, you are meant to complement each other in every aspect.

Accommodation in UK isnā€™t a joke, if you are single, I advice you to look for single room en-suite or studio, furnished, all bills inclusive. Renting two bed apartment if itā€™s just you isnā€™t advisable. Check Spareroom,on the market, zoopla, Rightmove or Facebook market for rooms to let.

Pending the time youā€™ll be able to buy your desired item(s),check out Facebook market for cheap or free preloved/new items such as;furnitures,mattresses, beddings, kitchen utensils and the likes (I got my microwave on Facebook market for Ā£10 and itā€™s as good as new).

However, be careful so as not to be scammed,I advice you do pay on delivery/pickup. Register with Olio aswell for free items(both new and preloved) including foodstuffs within and outside your area.

You might not be able to open standard bank until few months later, you can register with online bank like Monzo or Revolut to carry out your transactions, itā€™s easy & safe to use. Also, register with Lemonade if you want to change Ā£ to #, easy to use as well with no charges apply.

Coming across different people with different cultural backgrounds, itā€™s advisable to ask individual what and how they would like to be addressed. Donā€™t make assumptions, people get offended if they are addressed wrongly.

Be time conscious, if you are to resume work by 19:00 to relief others, ensure you arrive few minutes earlier. The person you are to relief at work also has childminder or husband at home to relief for work as well.

Donā€™t try to force or change your accent while communicating. The more you change or force British accent the more you make communication difficult for everyone. Speak gently and clearly, believe me, they will hear you more than faking British accent. And if you canā€™t hear them, in a polite way ask them to speak slowly and gently so you can understand & they would be glad to do so.

Job wise, donā€™t be selective at first, get yourself something legit doing, all jobs here are stressful, at least youā€™ll be able to update your CV for future sake. I hope you get what I mean.

Let the words ā€œPLEASE AND THANK YOUā€ be your favourite quotes daily, it goes a long way and they might pave way for you.

Donā€™t engage in gossips, they donā€™t keep secret here, whatever you say will be used against you later on.

If you have BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION store around you, they sell nice stuffs as low as Ā£1, pop in there and minimise your spending.

Stay tuned for next post.
Moyisola

Great tips. Are you in the UK? I'm planning a trip to London from the US mainly to watch my team Arsenal play in the Emirates stadium. I don't know anyone in UK or friend there. Anyone in London here?

1 Like

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Hamachi(f): 5:47am On Sep 17, 2023
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Newly Constructed Opako Adigbe Road In Abeokuta Washed Off By Rain Yesterday. / Rice Trailer Crashes Into Market In Akungba, Ondo, Over 10 Feared Dead (GRAPHIC) / How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.