Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Some Tips About Living In Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Tips About Living In Uk (56367 Views)

Sad Truths About Living Abroad / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by StreetFight: 9:41pm On Mar 24, 2023
prophetwis:
Still wonder why someone who can afford a comfortable life in Nigeria ,will nearly turn to a beggar all in the name of relocation.

Nah your business be that. As you are too poor to afford it, stop hating on those who can. Nobody send your Mama message and nobody ask your Papa for advice

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by chukwuibuipob: 9:41pm On Mar 24, 2023
cool
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Serviceweb: 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
Really good
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by dangoteinlaw: 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Lekan239(m): 9:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
Carcholce:

There’s no comfortability in Nigeria. Even if you have plenty money, the imaginary comfort ends inside your house.
who told you. Tiktok don open those oyinbo yansh them wella. We know there is baba nla suffering there too to even some citizen

26 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by ThothHermes: 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2023
Carcholce:

There’s no comfortability in Nigeria. Even if you have plenty money, the imaginary comfort ends inside your house.
Oga na lie abeg. Naija better pass this rubbish.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by AfahaAbia(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
This are the kind of post @seun @mynd44 @justwise we need on front page. Very very informative

4 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
Threesha:
SOME TIPS ABOUT LIVING IN UK

I’ll like to prepare your mind as a married man that when you get to UK,there’s higher chance for you to baby sit, ook, dishes, change pampers, get the kids set for school, etc. It’s better to get yourself acquainted with this ahead.

This is not to ridicule your personality, they are things you might need to do to keep the family running. And as the wife, have it in mind that you might not get to live that luxury life of “my husband is responsible for family upkeep”nah. Living in UK, you are meant to complement each other in every aspect.

Accommodation in UK isn’t a joke, if you are single, I advice you to look for single room en-suite or studio, furnished, all bills inclusive. Renting two bed apartment if it’s just you isn’t advisable. Check Spareroom,on the market, zoopla, Rightmove or Facebook market for rooms to let.

Pending the time you’ll be able to buy your desired item(s),check out Facebook market for cheap or free preloved/new items such as;furnitures,mattresses, beddings, kitchen utensils and the likes (I got my microwave on Facebook market for £10 and it’s as good as new).

However, be careful so as not to be scammed,I advice you do pay on delivery/pickup. Register with Olio aswell for free items(both new and preloved) including foodstuffs within and outside your area.

You might not be able to open standard bank until few months later, you can register with online bank like Monzo or Revolut to carry out your transactions, it’s easy & safe to use. Also, register with Lemonade if you want to change £ to #, easy to use as well with no charges apply.

Coming across different people with different cultural backgrounds, it’s advisable to ask individual what and how they would like to be addressed. Don’t make assumptions, people get offended if they are addressed wrongly.

Be time conscious, if you are to resume work by 19:00 to relief others, ensure you arrive few minutes earlier. The person you are to relief at work also has childminder or husband at home to relief for work as well.

Don’t try to force or change your accent while communicating. The more you change or force British accent the more you make communication difficult for everyone. Speak gently and clearly, believe me, they will hear you more than faking British accent. And if you can’t hear them, in a polite way ask them to speak slowly and gently so you can understand & they would be glad to do so.

Job wise, don’t be selective at first, get yourself something legit doing, all jobs here are stressful, at least you’ll be able to update your CV for future sake. I hope you get what I mean.

Let the words “PLEASE AND THANK YOU” be your favourite quotes daily, it goes a long way and they might pave way for you.

Don’t engage in gossips, they don’t keep secret here, whatever you say will be used against you later on.

If you have BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION store around you, they sell nice stuffs as low as £1, pop in there and minimise your spending.

Stay tuned for next post.
Moyisola
association of we die here in Nigeria, let's gatther here we have a meeting

17 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by shegoon: 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
Besides, you can be kidnapped anytime and all you claimed you have will be gone for ransom. If you have the opportunity... RUN OOOO
Carcholce:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by meobizy(f): 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hackneyed.

5 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
This is poverty thinking. I made that mistake. Never again.

Better to die of hunger than live like a pauper. Check my signature and change your life.

2 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Yellowpage36(m): 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
Thanks
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Chetas81(m): 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2023
prophetwis:
Still wonder why someone who can afford a comfortable life in Nigeria ,will nearly turn to a beggar all in the name of relocation.
the dead BRITISH won't look like this so called Nigeria unless you deny it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Isabi4lov: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:
Damn, girl you're sexy 💕💕💕💕

Your DP is lit 🔥🔥🔥🔥

I don't mind sliding in 💦💦
You fit be married man like that , una no dey take eye see breast and yansh all the alpha male spirit go fly away 😅😅😅

That's why your gender dey use ladies pics to scam him fellow gender 🤣🤣🤣

I no fit believe all this alpha male bullshit, cos I no say at the sight of pvssy men go turn to mumu 😂😂😂

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by ArcFresky(m): 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
Lol
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by phenzy(m): 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
It’s about to go down
Japa vs anti-japa people

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by N3TRAL: 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
Isabi4lov:
You fit be married man like that , una no dey take eye see breast and yansh all the alpha male spirit go fly away 😅😅😅

I no fit believe all this alpha male bullshit, cos I no say at the sight of pvssy men go turn to mumu 😂😂😂

Alpha male no mean say make man no lash or treat a woman well.

I'm not married. I'm a bachelor having a good time.

I be Alpha male - facts.

3 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Tvoice: 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
The cheapest close in UK are as follows

Primark

Bench

Etc u nor add all dis ones 😂🤣😁

UK is overrated abeg, its no longer what it use to be

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by drololaaof: 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
A word is enough for the wise, but niggar will not listen to you they say you don't want them to come to UK.

11 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by shegoon: 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
Had a burial ceremony recently and all i could afford from my savings is #300k.. A cousin of mine sent £500 from Uk which amount to 450k Nigeria Naira. Imagine say na £1000, ground go full.
crows2ravens:

Do you know that in the UK, with your minimum wage (which is everyone gets at least) you can afford decent accommodation, good food, some good clothes and nice shoes, a small latest model car (like 2023 model), and travel to other countries once a year or two?
Life is a lot better in UK!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by luminouz(m): 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
I don't get these UK people. They are the ones to create YouTube channels, blogs and what have you after leaving Nigeria. It's like UK is synonymous with ofofo or tatafo

I have my WhatsApp status blowing up everytime from so many of them with funky ass titles, like 'How to get to UK without POF' , "How to pay your school fees with 20hrs of work', How to...."smack their faces"... Just zip it.

I'm tired of UK people. Shuuuuu

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Chetas81(m): 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2023
shegoon:
Besides, you can be kidnapped anytime and all you claimed you have will be gone for ransom. If you have the opportunity... RUN OOOO
the brother's decided to kidnap their self but I'm looking for the big deal HERE while guys become MILLIONAIRES by kidnapping business

2 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by luminouz(m): 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2023
Isabi4lov:

Urgh.... undecided
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by RaptorX: 9:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
UK is a shithole I dare anyone living there to engage me. My hometown Akure is better than UK.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Pointnoire(m): 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
And what exactly is that comfort in Nigeria, the inability to cash money from the bank? Endless fuel ques for no reason? Waking up at 4 am to be at work at 8 am because your choice is limited, generating your own electricity, your own security your private water board. you cannot travel between any two states at night because of fear of armed robbers and kidnappers, and unreasonable inflation because the price of kpomo and palm oil is somehow tied t the dollar rate. Most of you who type this kind of rubbish can't get a visa to travel or are too scared to travel because of fear of the unknown, and even if you manage to travel, you are too lazy for the grind as per no house girl and gateman to order around for peanuts.
prophetwis:

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Jefferyhi86(m): 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
All dis recycling talk, just few days in the UK Nigerians will be giving tips from their cube,no b only una de there na

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Ishilove: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
crows2ravens:

Do you know that in the UK, with your minimum wage (which is everyone gets at least) you can afford decent accommodation, good food, some good clothes and nice shoes, a small latest model car (like 2023 model), and travel to other countries once a year or two?
Life is a lot better in UK!
All these with minimum wage??

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Newly Constructed Opako Adigbe Road In Abeokuta Washed Off By Rain Yesterday. / Rice Trailer Crashes Into Market In Akungba, Ondo, Over 10 Feared Dead (GRAPHIC) / How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.