Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Some Tips About Living In Uk - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Tips About Living In Uk (56368 Views)

Sad Truths About Living Abroad / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by GIDIBANKZ(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
Abeg o…. If i wor come UK come hustle, which kind UK visa i qo apply for??

4 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by ymarts: 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
luminouz:
I don't get these UK people. They are the ones to create YouTube channels, blogs and what have you after leaving Nigeria. It's like UK is synonymous with ofofo or tatafo

I have my WhatsApp status blowing up everytime from so many of them with funky ass titles, like 'How do get to UK without POF' , "How to pay your school fees with 20hrs of work', How to...."smack their faces"... Just zip it.

I'm tired of UK people. Shuuuuu
cheesy
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by ymarts: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
GIDIBANKZ:
Hustle visa, ask an agent about Hustle Visa cheesy

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by LuQuLuQu(m): 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
Threesha:
SOME TIPS ABOUT LIVING IN UK

I’ll like to prepare your mind as a married man that when you get to UK,there’s higher chance for you to baby sit, ook, dishes, change pampers, get the kids set for school, etc. It’s better to get yourself acquainted with this ahead.

This is not to ridicule your personality, they are things you might need to do to keep the family running. And as the wife, have it in mind that you might not get to live that luxury life of “my husband is responsible for family upkeep”nah. Living in UK, you are meant to complement each other in every aspect.

Accommodation in UK isn’t a joke, if you are single, I advice you to look for single room en-suite or studio, furnished, all bills inclusive. Renting two bed apartment if it’s just you isn’t advisable. Check Spareroom,on the market, zoopla, Rightmove or Facebook market for rooms to let.

Pending the time you’ll be able to buy your desired item(s),check out Facebook market for cheap or free preloved/new items such as;furnitures,mattresses, beddings, kitchen utensils and the likes (I got my microwave on Facebook market for £10 and it’s as good as new).

However, be careful so as not to be scammed,I advice you do pay on delivery/pickup. Register with Olio aswell for free items(both new and preloved) including foodstuffs within and outside your area.

You might not be able to open standard bank until few months later, you can register with online bank like Monzo or Revolut to carry out your transactions, it’s easy & safe to use. Also, register with Lemonade if you want to change £ to #, easy to use as well with no charges apply.

Coming across different people with different cultural backgrounds, it’s advisable to ask individual what and how they would like to be addressed. Don’t make assumptions, people get offended if they are addressed wrongly.

Be time conscious, if you are to resume work by 19:00 to relief others, ensure you arrive few minutes earlier. The person you are to relief at work also has childminder or husband at home to relief for work as well.

Don’t try to force or change your accent while communicating. The more you change or force British accent the more you make communication difficult for everyone. Speak gently and clearly, believe me, they will hear you more than faking British accent. And if you can’t hear them, in a polite way ask them to speak slowly and gently so you can understand & they would be glad to do so.

Job wise, don’t be selective at first, get yourself something legit doing, all jobs here are stressful, at least you’ll be able to update your CV for future sake. I hope you get what I mean.

Let the words “PLEASE AND THANK YOU” be your favourite quotes daily, it goes a long way and they might pave way for you.

Don’t engage in gossips, they don’t keep secret here, whatever you say will be used against you later on.

If you have BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION store around you, they sell nice stuffs as low as £1, pop in there and minimise your spending.

Stay tuned for next post.
Moyisola

There are many Facebook market. Please which is the exact one? Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by pinkygurl(f): 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
Abegi undecided

2 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by GIDIBANKZ(m): 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
ymarts:
Hustle visa, ask an agent about Hustle Visa cheesy

😂😂😂😂

Na only when person serious ona dey play…. Ona plau too much

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Akalia(m): 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
GIDIBANKZ:
In your own case you should explore the study route.

5 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Ishilove: 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2023
ShaqFu:
how much do you pay for house rent? Electricity, heater, gas the likes?

How much is a set of pots?
I like when a man sounds so domestic... wink grin

4 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by owolabi5: 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
CAR PAPERS
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Ishilove: 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:
Damn, girl you're sexy 💕💕💕💕

Your DP is lit 🔥🔥🔥🔥

I don't mind sliding in 💦💦

If I hold that waist ehhhhh 😂
So with all the informative things she wrote, the only things you noticed are her perky breästs, small waist and big hips?

Your case is critical.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Ikemba007: 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
prophetwis:
Still wonder why someone who can afford a comfortable life in Nigeria ,will nearly turn to a beggar all in the name of relocation.

So, no be only me dey wonder sef? For a graduate to go and be washing car in another man's country.

Some will sell all their landed properties to go and be living in a single room and doing odd job.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by bewla(m): 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2023
Threesha:

Moyisola
Ba tu Ranchi, all this na long story

Just tell us how to enter and live this wahala

Our survival. Spirit will work for us

We emefiale

3 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by GIDIBANKZ(m): 10:13pm On Mar 24, 2023
Akalia:
In your own case you should explore the study route.

It’s expensive i swear…….i will need about 6 to 7million

5 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by EmekaMD(m): 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
wink
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by BigBrother9ja: 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
Threesha:

I’ll like to prepare your mind as a married man that when you get to UK,there’s higher chance for you to baby sit, ook, dishes, change pampers, get the kids set for school, etc. It’s better to get yourself acquainted with this ahead.

This is not to ridicule your personality, they are things you might need to do to keep the family running. And as the wife, have it in mind that you might not get to live that luxury life of “my husband is responsible for family upkeep”nah. Living in UK, you are meant to complement each other in every aspect.

Accommodation in UK isn’t a joke, if you are single, I advice you to look for single room en-suite or studio, furnished, all bills inclusive. Renting two bed apartment if it’s just you isn’t advisable. Check Spareroom,on the market, zoopla, Rightmove or Facebook market for rooms to let.

Pending the time you’ll be able to buy your desired item(s),check out Facebook market for cheap or free preloved/new items such as;furnitures,mattresses, beddings, kitchen utensils and the likes (I got my microwave on Facebook market for £10 and it’s as good as new).

However, be careful so as not to be scammed,I advice you do pay on delivery/pickup. Register with Olio aswell for free items(both new and preloved) including foodstuffs within and outside your area.

You might not be able to open standard bank until few months later, you can register with online bank like Monzo or Revolut to carry out your transactions, it’s easy & safe to use. Also, register with Lemonade if you want to change £ to #, easy to use as well with no charges apply.

Coming across different people with different cultural backgrounds, it’s advisable to ask individual what and how they would like to be addressed. Don’t make assumptions, people get offended if they are addressed wrongly.

Be time conscious, if you are to resume work by 19:00 to relief others, ensure you arrive few minutes earlier. The person you are to relief at work also has childminder or husband at home to relief for work as well.

Don’t try to force or change your accent while communicating. The more you change or force British accent the more you make communication difficult for everyone. Speak gently and clearly, believe me, they will hear you more than faking British accent. And if you can’t hear them, in a polite way ask them to speak slowly and gently so you can understand & they would be glad to do so.

Job wise, don’t be selective at first, get yourself something legit doing, all jobs here are stressful, at least you’ll be able to update your CV for future sake. I hope you get what I mean.

Let the words “PLEASE AND THANK YOU” be your favourite quotes daily, it goes a long way and they might pave way for you.

Don’t engage in gossips, they don’t keep secret here, whatever you say will be used against you later on.

If you have BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION store around you, they sell nice stuffs as low as £1, pop in there and minimise your spending.

Moyisola
You wrote well except for the changing pampers aspect.
Not that it's bad or something, but it should always be optional or CHOICE, UNLESS YOU'RE A SIMP AND JUST WANT TO TAKE UP THE WOMAN ROLE.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Ishilove: 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
StreetFight:

Nah your business be that. As you are too poor to afford it, stop hating on those who can. Nobody send your Mama message and nobody ask your Papa for advice
You like fight more than quarrel

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by nedekid: 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2023
Lekan239:
who told you. Tiktok don open those oyinbo yansh them wella. We know there is baba nla suffering there too to even some citizen
I think the suffering is relative.
Usually it is with people that just get there, especially without money and have to scratch from the bottom. Over time their status improves. The good thing over all is that their kids get to go to proper quality schools. Even over time when the kids get naturalized, the sky is the limit. They have acess to student loans to enable them study what ever course.
Rent to me is the highest cost. I think food is quite cheap compared to their earnings. Another crazy cost too seems to be transportation and taxes. One drives within London and by the time you get home and open your computer, so many bills. Just for driving oh. Congestion charge, emissions charges etc, God helps you if you beat traffic light.
I think the ultimate is if one can find a business to setup. One of two of my paddies have such. They are living the good life. Wakeup anytime, go to the office at their convenience etc. But they have paid their dues. Over 24 years in the UK.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Akalia(m): 10:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
GIDIBANKZ:

It’s expensive i swear…….i will need about 6 to 7million
That's your best bet I am afraid. I am hoping to explore the study route and then bring my wife and kids over as dependents.

3 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by bewla(m): 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ishilove:

ish ish how now

You hide they oooo you and that small girl with the T
Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by N3TRAL: 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ishilove:

So with all the informative things she wrote, the only things you noticed are her perky breästs, small waist and big hips?

Your case is critical.

I love Nigeria.

I don't plan to migrate. Nigeria's working for me.

If the thread's focus was business frameworks for foreigners in the UK, it would capture my attention.

But she's a sexy lady! Isn't she?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by RaptorX: 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
Karleb:
Most importantly, husband nor dey, wife no dey for UK.

Gerrit. undecided
African marriages don't last in the UK, except in rare occasions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Coldie(m): 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2023
Tips about living in the UK.

First thing try ur best to get a permanent job anywhere. Then focus on agency as a side gig for weekly wages.

That monthly salary helps u save and plan ur life better

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Richbillal: 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ur tips are nice and easy to understand, do you have any other channels were you post stuff like this. Please how far about fashion (tailor) in the UK IAM a tailor and good at my work but no resurces to establish my self
Threesha:

Moyisola

3 Likes

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Ishilove: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:

I love Nigeria.

I don't plan to migrate. Nigeria's working for me.

If the thread's focus was business frameworks for foreigners in the UK, it would capture my attention.

But she's a sexy lady! Isn't she?
I'm not gay. I like man, so I'm the wrong person to ask about the sexiness of a woman.

Focus

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Ishilove: 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2023
bewla:
ish ish how now

You hide they oooo you and that small girl with the T
Beg pardin?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by Greenscientist: 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ikemba007:

So, no be only me dey wonder sef? For a graduate to go and be washing car in another man's country.

Some will sell all their landed properties to go and be living in a single room and doing odd job.

Seriously, it doesn't freak me at all. I want to make it here and comfortably send my kids to that place if they want too.

All those hardship because of what?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Tips About Living In Uk by ShaqFu: 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ishilove:

You don't say. Hope it's not a guise for you to escape domestic work? 😁😁😁

Anyway, you should know I don't play with my stomach for whatever reason... I love food. ,👌

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Rice Trailer Crashes Into Market In Akungba, Ondo, Over 10 Feared Dead (GRAPHIC) / How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara. / Kenyan Says Nigerians Are Operating Like Chinese And Taking Over African Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.