Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (28677 Views)

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions / Obi Plans To Stage-manage Fake Assassination Attempt – Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by kayperry: 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
richidinho:
grin grin grin

From 2007 - 2015 import restriction was removed

Foreign rice. 50kg N9,000
Local rice. 50kg. N4,000

From 2015 till date import is restricted
Foreign rice. 50kg N35,000
Local rice. 50kg. N30,000

Obi is right

You are a disgrace to what school you pass thru.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Sonyboom765: 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
Isn't that how foolish Peter Obi supporters talk about Bola Ahmed Tinubu as well or according to your dead Igbo brain what is good for the gander is no longer good for the chicken ?

stano2:
I’m yet to see or hear Reno talk about his preferred candidate.
Everyday Peter Obi this and that. This guy literally breathes in Peter Obi like wtf.
He’s yet to market Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Jking20(m): 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
He said and I quote "his only motives is quick money"
Like obi like followers

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by chrisobi1: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
richidinho:
grin grin grin

Local rice. 50kg. N4,000

Don’t mind this Reno fool, he is senseless easing of import restrictions will be the best thing that have happened to this country . Reno doesn’t do business and does not know anything about importation. Do you guys know many people make billions daily from this dollar issue I can’t write everything here , but check what development the restrictions in this government have cost us. I can give you more than 100 instances ,if restrictions are removed believe me dollar will reverse back to factory mode..

Obi is right

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
asanausana91:
Mr man, anybody that said he will change Nigeria from consumption to production country should not say what Peter obi said. You may be killing your economy just because you want cheap things.

We have to tell herself Nigeria cannot be a production country in the next 1000 Years look at the illiteracy of the Citizens look at the stupidity of the Citizens okay currently we want to be a producing country but we are 17 country in Africa in investment right now. Nigeria to run to other countries and African countries to be refugees. Let's tell ourselves the truth.

For the past 70 years we have been trying to produce and all we have done is plunge as self into massive debt.

The illiteracy of the Citizens cannot allow production. The average in Nigeria Wizkid all the Industries and companies out of the country next day he starts running to those Industries and companies in another country to beg Job expecting to be employed. Our people are fully literate nobody is going to invest go to Europe and America say you are a Nigerian and see who will give you job.

Local production cannot happen in this country for you to produce you have to reach a self-awareness level of education look at South Africa look at Ghana but in our case what is the use you want to build a industry of 5 billion US dollar you go and borrow 50 billion US dollar use the remaining money to buy houses abroad and start shouting local production while illiterate start supporting you

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by bdon123(m): 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
asanausana91:
go and read what he said. He didn't mention where he will restrict importation. He only said he will remove restrictions on importation, that shows that he will remove the restrictions of importation in everything.
Does he hav to mention them to u?Even if he decided to remove all,i support him.Wit d restrictions since Jonathan time,in wat way has it improved anything.Instead it only made foreign rice more expensive due to d scarcity.
its simple,empower genuine farmers to do this.....bt then,we dont even hav security for farmers to farm proper,so why make artificial scarcity.
d money we spent on refineries maintenance is already enough to build new one...did we build ,no we didnt intead we stealing money using nnpc as excuse.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Jestin: 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
newnigerdelta00:

Coming to sex your wife while you watch and smile

He is coming to give you a reason to live again coz you and your generation are walking corpses

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

He is not a saint and I have never believed in a nation called Nigeria but who will you listen to a president currently make Nigeria at 20 billion US dollar debt today the death of Nigeria as he has been in the country for that 120 billion US dollar. If you want to import food import cars import furniture and I bought everything 120 billion US dollar can import everything which Nigerians need for 30 years. The biggest hydro pack them in the world was beautiful above 50 billion US dollar. Ethiopia has built a 5000 megawatt yam for about 3 billion US dollar. We have borrowed 120 billion US dollar what do you see. The Ethiopian Dam produces more electricity than all of Nigeria's power stations put together for less than 5 billion US dollar. Look at gonna look at Kenya look at Botswana and Namibia find all of these countries total is less than 120 billion US dollar. But Nigerians run to this country to be refugees . You cannot be shouting local production and borrowing money heaven and earth to produce nothing

One of the biggest problem facing Nigeria by Tracy and stupidity of the citizen. The average Nigerian only follow and pray a criminal wherever they are in the world
talking about Nigeria, I hope you see foreigners that were given citizenship in nigeria.
I regret why I replied you, I don't reply people that don't believe in my country. Bye....,
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by DJInfluence: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
In Nigeria we are quick to disparage other people's idea while not proffering alternate solution.

All this guy does is tell us how in his opinion the ideas from others are lacking in merit.

Let him tell us his party plans for us.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by omokab: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
I have said it time without number that peter obi is senseless and dull.
Honestly he doesn't understand a simple economics. Double mouth and inexperience person . He want to encourage manufacturing sector but he will still remove restriction on importation goods . NAwa o!

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Yamanibull: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Please I need someone to hook me up with a place(room) around the mainland where I can pay for a month. I'm staying for just 3 weeks but willing to pay for a month just incase. it's very urgent.Thanks
Whatsapp or call: 08038476209
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Artzdanielsz(m): 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
richidinho:
grin grin grin
Foreign rice. 50kg N9,000 Local rice. 50kg. N4,000

From 2015 till date import is restricted Foreign rice. 50kg N35,000 Local rice. 50kg. N30,000
Obi is right

it seems u dont know the price of good in the market
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by bdon123(m): 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
GeneralPula:

Lol. Kindly mention some of those things?

At least, you’ve agreed they have import restrictions..
as i am talking to u i dey abroad,d chair m seating on comes frm china.the table stand is china....d door handle is china.d rice is ate this evening is taiwan ,d tv is china,oga no deceive urself.Even USA ,mighty USA still imports alot frm china....u cannot restrict everything.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
bdon123:

Does he hav to mention them to u?Even if he decided to remove all,i support him.Wit d restrictions since Jonathan time,in wat way has it improved anything.Instead it only made foreign rice more expensive due to d scarcity.
its simple,empower genuine farmers to do this.....bt then,we dont even hav security for farmers to farm proper,so why make artificial scarcity.
d money we spent on refineries maintenance is already enough to build new one...did we build ,no we didnt intead we stealing money using nnpc as excuse.
you are confused. Focus on the subject matter.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by baretalk: 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Obi is a selfish importer who is thinking only about importers. What we need to do is put more import restrictions, increase local production, this will reduce inflation, lead to exporting and earn us more foreign exchange and boost jobs for Nigerians and more GDP for the country. Obi's policy will destroy our naira and economy. Obi is looking for a superficial way, a short cut, what he is saying is flood our markets with lots of imports so the price for goods comes down, that's a lazy way that will increase inflation, increase unemployment and lead to less GDP and economic growth and expansion. Obi not smart.

2 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SharpD: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
richidinho:
grin grin grin

Local rice. 50kg. N4,000

God bless you. I know if not for restriction foreign rice would still be affordable. Restriction only made both foreign and local rice beyond the reach of the common man. Imagine a bag of rice being higher than minimum wage. Obi all the way jare....

Obi is right

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Masterito(m): 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
So why is Nigeria not working with the restriction? You mumu pass.
Tinubuadvocate:

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

We have to tell herself Nigeria cannot be a production country in the next 1000 Years look at the illiteracy of the Citizens look at the stupidity of the Citizens okay currently we want to be a producing country but we are 17 country in Africa in investment right now. Nigeria to run to other countries and African countries to be refugees. Let's tell ourselves the truth.

For the past 70 years we have been trying to produce and all we have done is plunge as self into massive debt.

The illiteracy of the Citizens cannot allow production. The average in Nigeria Wizkid all the Industries and companies out of the country next day he starts running to those Industries and companies in another country to beg Job expecting to be employed. Our people are fully literate nobody is going to invest go to Europe and America say you are a Nigerian and see who will give you job.

Local production cannot happen in this country for you to produce you have to reach a self-awareness level of education look at South Africa look at Ghana but in our case what is the use you want to build a industry of 5 billion US dollar you go and borrow 50 billion US dollar use the remaining money to buy houses abroad and start shouting local production while illiterate start supporting you

then why is Peter Obi trying to tell us lies
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by AdamuKD: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
You, ur useless urchins and Tilumbu are criminals and thieves

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by dchamp234(m): 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
Somebody tell him to come to Nigeria and make his point known, we've moved past Twitter and Facebook criticism..

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Masterito(m): 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lol, which Naira. So why is the restriction not currently working? Check Nigeria in the pass when there was no restriction and now, which is better? Get sense!
baretalk:
Obi is a selfish importer who is thinking only about importers. What we need to do is put more import restrictions, increase local production, this will reduce inflation, lead to exporting and earn us more foreign exchange and boost jobs for Nigerians and more GDP for the country. Obi's policy will destroy our naira and economy.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Masterito(m): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
Since the restriction is in place currently why is the Naira crying and going down?
penultimatee:
Okay,I stand with reno on this.How can we be importing what we can produce locally here in Nigeria.Its like we are empowering foreign currency on our own currency detriment.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
asanausana91:
talking about Nigeria, I hope you see foreigners that were given citizenship in nigeria.
I regret why I replied you, I don't reply people that don't believe in my country. Bye....,

How many of the foreigners were given citizenship. The amount of foreigners are so tiny I am a Nigerian but we have to tell ourselves the truth when you have 1,200 Nigerians each of them paid 50000 US Dollar in for Botswana citizenship in 1 year. Sometime we just have to tell ourselves the truth all of this citizenship is just a publicity stunt by the government. Nigerian government will look at another country doing something then they want to do the same. This citizenship matter started from Ghana and Kenya about six years ago our government wants to copy what they are doing but you cannot even see the amount of people they are just a handful

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
Masterito:
Since the restriction is in place currently why is the Naira crying and going down?

I told you there is no production it is only borrowing money that is the production

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by bdon123(m): 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
asanausana91:
you are confused. Focus on the subject matter.
I already answered ur question before digressing to schl u beta.He did not say i will remove every single restrictions on imports.
and even if he said so,m telling u no government can remove completely restrictions on import as d restrictions are calculated to either bring more money or favour d local manufacturers.
on the other hand,if u know ur country men cannot meet up,then implementing restrictions is going to create artificial scarcity

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by hensparkings1: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley

Removing duties from our excise will spell doom for the economy.. You don't need to be an economists to know that.. in as much as I know that Obi wants to impress his audience, he should exercise caution when churning out data and statistics of economy use because it will always be a reference point
Take out time to read what Reno wrote and be judgement about it. Read and learn and stop behaving like the Buharideens
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by kayperry: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
dmostcheerful:
Reno mockery the crier.
Importation isn't Nigerians problem.
We stopped rice important and the price of local rice went from 11k to 29k currently.
Cement nko?
Nigerians are naturally greedy.
Remove restrictions to easy price for locals, use that opportunity to create more production company(this will create competition among local producers) which will leads to price reduction too.
When the locally produced price is down the importers won't keep up with price there by leading to them being discouraged with importation.
Right now, due to the current situation of thing like insecurity, unaccessible local production material, lack of steady electricity Nigeria isn't producing much.

Stop being mischievous, the price of food stuff went up simply becos Nigerians have abandon agriculture because of insecurity in the North, most of those food stuffs ars very cheap in the North but the cost of transportation & extortion by security agencies jack up the Prices of food stuff when they arrive in south.

No nation thrives dependant on importation, BAT have said we need to diversify to agbado economy, restore security and farmers go back to farm, optima production will creat internal competition & drive down the prices of food stuffs.
The reason we aint seein the effect of import restriction is becos of corruption, everything banned still find there way into our market, until we do the right thing we can't get results

2 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Masterito(m): 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
Check the amount of rice when there is no restriction and now, then get sense. When there no restriction bag of rice was 9000, how much is rice now? Do you know many American company prefer to produce in China than in America? Common sense is not common.
baretalk:
Obi is a selfish importer who is thinking only about importers. What we need to do is put more import restrictions, increase local production, this will reduce inflation, lead to exporting and earn us more foreign exchange and boost jobs for Nigerians and more GDP for the country. Obi's policy will destroy our naira and economy. Obi is looking for a superficial way, a short cut, what he is saying is flood our markets with lots of imports so the price for goods comes down, that's a lazy way that will increase inflation, increase unemployment and lead to less GDP and economic growth and expansion. Obi not smart.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by boldtruthalways: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
Reno is a full nonentity. He's looking at Peter Obi, we are interested in moving the entire nation forward.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by omokab: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
richidinho:
grin grin grin

Local rice. 50kg. N4,000

Obi is right

why obi will not be right when u don't understand anything like your lord,obi . you are only looking at the cost and you don't even try to find out why there is high cost of rice despite local made availability. Power ,insecurity, and bad roads were the major factors contributing to high cost of local made goods. But no matter how it generate employment. Create wealth .increase iGR and really helped when the price of crude oil was down . self dependent is another factor as we don't take our money to foreign country to enrich them anymore . So local goods are better than relying on foreign goods
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
asanausana91:
then why is Peter Obi trying to tell us lies

All Nigerians are the same piece of shit sit in sit out when they get into power they do nothing. You can vote for 1 million Nigerian when they get there they will do nothing. I will vote for a cockroach before voting for a night idiot

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Masterito(m): 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
2007-2015 There was no restriction and bag of rice was about 9000.
There is currently restriction now, how is rice today, despite the local rice production?
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I told you there is no production it is only borrowing money that is the production

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Obiajulu Uja Verbally Assaults Court Registrar / 10 Sect Members, One Soldier Killed In Okene Clash - Tribune / BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.