Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,864 members, 7,824,592 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Things Men Hate In Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Men Hate In Relationship. (389 Views)

Why Do Black Men Hate Giving Their Women A Head / Ozzy Etomi: Why Men Hate Runs Girls / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Men Hate In Relationship. by SeniorMan715(m): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
I feel like the best thing you can do in any relationship, is learning and understanding your partner; and this applies to both men, and women. That is one way to enjoy your relationship.
Relationships aren't easy - it requires work from both parties,
and you have to be selfless, in love, and willing to be together.
Dear women, while learning these things, please keep in mind that the goal shouldn't just be keeping a man, but improving yourself, and being better than you used to be. It'll make you a more confident woman.

1. SPYING
Oh yes! I bet you didn't know. It's okay to protect your man but don't go spying on him, looking for who's texting him and who he's texting. I used to do this until I realized one fact: he chose you, not them. If he wanted to be with other girls, he would, and not you.
Spying gives you off as an insecure woman and that even
drives him faster into the arms of another woman. No man wants to feel caged. If you suspect he's cheating, best you can do is talk with him, or ask him questions. If you can't deal with it, then peacefully end the relationship.
You need to believe that no girl is better than you are so if he messes up, it's his loss not yours. Don't spy; those girls you suspect he's texting don't have two heads, and they ain't better than you are.
Ps, if he respects you and your relationship, he won't go after other girls.

2. JEALOUSY
Yes boo! It's okay to be territorial you know - protecting what's yours, and protecting your space, but jealousy is a NO! Being jealous would be hurting yourself all the time because you'll always feel uneasy when you see him talking to a girl. Even when there's nothing going on, you'll think something is.
Jealousy is dangerous because you'll see yourself having irrational thoughts, and even acting on them. Men avoid
jealous women but once you show you aren't jealous, it sends the message that you are super-confident.

3. NAGGING
I as a woman hate nagging, for real. Just imagine when someone is constantly talking about something, it's annoying.

4. PRETENSE
Just be yourself. Speak up if you don't like something. Truth is, guys know when a woman is pretending; maybe not all of them but 90% of them are smart enough to know when you're faking it. You don't have to like everything he likes, and you don't have to pretend to be happy all the time just so you can be perceived as a happy person. You're human and you weren't made to be perfect.

5. JUMPING TO CONCLUSION
I don't like this either. What does it take you to ask questions, sister? Do you know that half the time you make assumptions, chances are you're wrong! Guys hate when you come out pointing fingers without facts. Always ask questions, honey; it saves embarrassment. I'm guilty sometimes though.

6. LACK OF CONFIDENCE
Need I explain this? Even us as humans are naturally drawn to
confident and charismatic people. Men hate when their women lack confidence. They do love when you ask them to a make a choice for you but when you do it all the time, it's like you can't even do anything without their help. There have to be times you go out and do what you gotta do: meet your
friends, have fun!

7. EXCESS WEIGHT
I am telling you the truth. Please note that this article in no way aims at fat-shaming anyone, but telling you the truth. If you being a plus size is not a health-related issue, then you can lose a little weight. Do it for yourself, not just for a man because trust me, you'll feel better, proud, and more confident.

8. TALKING TOO MUCH
Don't we all hate a talkative? There are times you just need to
be quiet. It's not everything you talk about - a wise woman doesn't say everything she sees. Guys hate when you talk bad about your friends or other women so you can appear better.
They may not tell you they hate it, but they do. They'll definitely end up building resentment towards you.

9. BEING GLUED TO YOUR PHONE
Imagine someone visits you, and they're always on their phone snap-chatting or making long calls. How do you see such a person? Of course, that attitude puts someone off, and I also think it's uncivil.

10. ANSWERING HIS CALLS
Unless he asked you to, please don't. Thank you

11. SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME ON EVERYTHING
{laughs}.. Please don't ever let it get to that point where he asks you to start preparing 3 hours before an event, just because you waste so much time on getting ready. I used to be like this until I learnt what's important and what isn't.. wait! maybe I'm still like this! I'm learning though. Wasting time doesn't mean they going to leave you. No, they just hate it. So
if you want a happy man, you got to stay organized, and keep everything brief including your shopping.
Re: Things Men Hate In Relationship. by SeniorMan715(m): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
12. EXPLOITATION
He doesn't have to pay for all your stuff - whether he's a billionaire or not. Sometimes, offer to pay for something when you guys shop together. You don't have to do it all the time.
Once in a while is okay - just pay for what you can or buy what you can for the house. These are the little things that keep relationships healthy, and going.

13. TALKING ABOUT EXES
What exactly are you talking about them for? Men hate past
lovers discussions same way we women hate them. Also, stop inviting them to meet your man if you do. It's awkward.

14. WEARING TOO MUCH MAKEUP
Don't worry about the lady with too much makeup that you think he's admiring. Men love to know their women are natural beauties. Remember we are talking about relationships. Men hate loud makeup even if they don't tell you. Do your makeup in a way that shows you're still pretty without it.

15. AGGRESSIVENESS
You don't have to pick a fight with every little thing. I guess everyone hates this.

16. BEING AN OVER-PLEASER
Guess I already explained this in no.4. Being an over-pleaser is
a turn-off. You don't have to devote your life to pleasing him.
He'll definitely get bored. It is okay to say your mind and how
you feel - but politely.

17. GETTING DRUNK IN PUBLIC
You are his girl, not just a random girl, so do you think he'll appreciate his woman being embarrassed publicly?
Re: Things Men Hate In Relationship. by ObamaMessi: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
This thread is as useless as the op.
Re: Things Men Hate In Relationship. by marlow1962(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
Nawa o
I hate guys that talk too much (almost every God dam minutes), just like that guy above me.
Re: Things Men Hate In Relationship. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
We women also hate the things you mentioned here.
SeniorMan715:
I feel like the best thing you can do in any relationship, is learning and understanding your partner; and this applies to both men, and women. That is one way to enjoy your relationship.
Relationships aren't easy - it requires work from both parties,
and you have to be selfless, in love, and willing to be together.
Dear women, while learning these things, please keep in mind that the goal shouldn't just be keeping a man, but improving yourself, and being better than you used to be. It'll make you a more confident woman.

1. SPYING
Oh yes! I bet you didn't know. It's okay to protect your man but don't go spying on him, looking for who's texting him and who he's texting. I used to do this until I realized one fact: he chose you, not them. If he wanted to be with other girls, he would, and not you.
Spying gives you off as an insecure woman and that even
drives him faster into the arms of another woman. No man wants to feel caged. If you suspect he's cheating, best you can do is talk with him, or ask him questions. If you can't deal with it, then peacefully end the relationship.
You need to believe that no girl is better than you are so if he messes up, it's his loss not yours. Don't spy; those girls you suspect he's texting don't have two heads, and they ain't better than you are.
Ps, if he respects you and your relationship, he won't go after other girls.

2. JEALOUSY
Yes boo! It's okay to be territorial you know - protecting what's yours, and protecting your space, but jealousy is a NO! Being jealous would be hurting yourself all the time because you'll always feel uneasy when you see him talking to a girl. Even when there's nothing going on, you'll think something is.
Jealousy is dangerous because you'll see yourself having irrational thoughts, and even acting on them. Men avoid
jealous women but once you show you aren't jealous, it sends the message that you are super-confident.

3. NAGGING
I as a woman hate nagging, for real. Just imagine when someone is constantly talking about something, it's annoying.

4. PRETENSE
Just be yourself. Speak up if you don't like something. Truth is, guys know when a woman is pretending; maybe not all of them but 90% of them are smart enough to know when you're faking it. You don't have to like everything he likes, and you don't have to pretend to be happy all the time just so you can be perceived as a happy person. You're human and you weren't made to be perfect.

5. JUMPING TO CONCLUSION
I don't like this either. What does it take you to ask questions, sister? Do you know that half the time you make assumptions, chances are you're wrong! Guys hate when you come out pointing fingers without facts. Always ask questions, honey; it saves embarrassment. I'm guilty sometimes though.

6. LACK OF CONFIDENCE
Need I explain this? Even us as humans are naturally drawn to
confident and charismatic people. Men hate when their women lack confidence. They do love when you ask them to a make a choice for you but when you do it all the time, it's like you can't even do anything without their help. There have to be times you go out and do what you gotta do: meet your
friends, have fun!

7. EXCESS WEIGHT
I am telling you the truth. Please note that this article in no way aims at fat-shaming anyone, but telling you the truth. If you being a plus size is not a health-related issue, then you can lose a little weight. Do it for yourself, not just for a man because trust me, you'll feel better, proud, and more confident.

8. TALKING TOO MUCH
Don't we all hate a talkative? There are times you just need to
be quiet. It's not everything you talk about - a wise woman doesn't say everything she sees. Guys hate when you talk bad about your friends or other women so you can appear better.
They may not tell you they hate it, but they do. They'll definitely end up building resentment towards you.

9. BEING GLUED TO YOUR PHONE
Imagine someone visits you, and they're always on their phone snap-chatting or making long calls. How do you see such a person? Of course, that attitude puts someone off, and I also think it's uncivil.

10. ANSWERING HIS CALLS
Unless he asked you to, please don't. Thank you

11. SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME ON EVERYTHING
{laughs}.. Please don't ever let it get to that point where he asks you to start preparing 3 hours before an event, just because you waste so much time on getting ready. I used to be like this until I learnt what's important and what isn't.. wait! maybe I'm still like this! I'm learning though. Wasting time doesn't mean they going to leave you. No, they just hate it. So
if you want a happy man, you got to stay organized, and keep everything brief including your shopping.

(1) (Reply)

"I Reject Poverty" – Bride Refuses To Say 'for Richer For Poorer' During Vows / What Should I Do? / How Do Bush People That Attend Bereton, Aladumo And Grove Survive Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.