Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia (31677 Views)

Kim Yo Jong Threatens Military Action Against South Korea / President Ramaphosa Makes Mistake On TV Against Xenophobia (Video) / British MPs Vote Against Brexit Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by olisefom: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2022
The only one I have problem with for now, is the tribalism ruining Nigerians and Nigeria. All those bigots will flood this thread now to condemn racism. Hypocrites.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by joyandfaith: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
Racism cannot be curbed. Tribalism is also a form of racism. Africans should work together to curb tribalism if we want to develop as a race.
Discrimination exists in many forms- religious, gender, tribal, racial, financial etc. All should be addressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Aboki99(m): 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
Where are Nigerian Christian fundamentalists who worship the USA (Gods own country) and
oyibo generally?

Come and see your papa and mama disown una.

2 Likes

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Babalola0920: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2022
They take immediate ACTION against any reasonable nation attaining growth through media and bad mouthing them send bombard and justify there evil action TRUTH is so powerful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2022
tishbite41:
Black Africans, you see your Western gods abi
God bless Putin
Don't mind dem
Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Honchoslim16(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
What's a zebra without the black stripes?

2 Likes

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by tishbite41(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
The same people who are keen on forcing LGBTQ interests on us
Hypocrisy and demonism of the highest order

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Mofatg: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
lhordspy:
Where are the evil westerners chearleaders and supporters? Your slave master just voted against the stop of your continuos executioning, killings and segregation.

O ye black slaves that fell inlove with the chains.. Time to wake up.

I will keep saying it and always repeating it.

The UK, US, and other evil westerners are nothing but hypocrites. They will always deceived us, we blacks like they do care. They fvcking dont.

Every now and then, blacks are killed and racism is at the highest presently.
Just look at the golden Opportunity that presented itself for them to end it, to stop it... to make it go away. Guess what? They refused! They declined ! We blacks are their slaves afterall, why should they allow us free? grin

Everytime you blacks are killed, they act like they care.. Remember the taking the knees in the english premier league?
Remember black live matters streaming on all mainstream media?

That is the strategy, when there is an upset or uproar, they bring up different consolidations and consolations strategy to calm us like a baby. "Our hearts and prayer are with you in this trying times....... Blah blah Nonsense'

Then 4-5 months, little by little the pity-campaigns vanishes. And then boom! It happens again, another black is killed! then they starts playing by the scripts all over again. That is the strategy there my friends. This guys are hypocrites, pretenders... its all gimmicks, charade, stratagem, ruse ,artifice, gambit, cozenages,cunniness ,deceptions, fakeries, ... Any evil deceptive and manipulative words one can think of.

The joke is on you Bl*ck Monk*ys . Lover of the slave master chains cheesy
Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
God bless Putin and Russia, fork the west! Obiden and his war mongering cohorts

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by tunapawizzy: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2022
I am surprised that people are surprised. An oppressor will never use his hands to set the one he is oppressing free. Never going to happen. The only way the oppressed nations will come out of this is to develop your own land and dictate your terms of engagement with the west. Otherwise they will enslave you forever. Have sense and be like china

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Morounofolu: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2022
joyandfaith:
Racism cannot be curbed. Tribalism is also a form of racism. Africans should work together to curb tribalism if we want to develop as a race.
Discrimination exists in many forms- religious, gender, tribal, racial, financial etc. All should be addressed.

Have we Nigerians resolved tribalism , nepotism and religious discrimination happening in this Country .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by pansophist(m): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
JasonScoolari:
The truth still remains that these people are not ready to end racism. Forget the gimmicks they put up in the media to preach against it, (most notable, taking of the kneel before a premier league game starts)

Sad thing is that majority of the victims of Racism worship these people especially the UK and US.

It will be nearly impossible to defeat Racism, but definitely it will die a natural death.

Racism is a power thing. Any race at the bottom of the social hierarchy will always suffer discrimination. If chickens and lions joins the UN, the chicken will always complain about the lion and the lion will never endorse resolution that will prevent it from hunting chickens.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Faithful007: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2022
God1000:
exactly, even the current administration is also in support of two state solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

This must be fake news

It isn't. They are just calling on the UN to adjust some of the obligations attached to the rules. States that had a colonial/slavery past were told to be paying reparations to states that were enslaved or colonized.

All states with such a history voted against it, stating that inasmuch as it was not morally right, there was no international law against it. Personally I would want some level of reparations to be paid but there is no legal standing to prove that as it was not a crime then.

Another thing is this, who determines the money to be paid? Since it won't be the paying countries, it will be a dangerous thing for them to agree to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by JasonScoolari: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2022
pansophist:

Racism is a power thing. Any race at the bottom of the social hierarchy will always suffer discrimination. If chickens and lions joins the UN, the chicken will always complain about the lion and the lion will never endorse resolution that will prevent it from hunting chickens.

More like a special intimidating tool used for the purpose of tormenting the chicken.

Brilliant illustration bro. smiley
Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Svoboda(m): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
olisefom:
The only one I have problem with for now, is the tribalism ruining Nigerians and Nigeria. All those bigots will flood this thread now to condemn racism. Hypocrites.

Tribalism, ethnocentrism, mutual suspicion, are all legacies of colonialism.
Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by flexispy: 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2022
Just check out your beloved Biden while he was a senator in the 80s/90s and you'll see all he's doing now is shit
God1000:
Why such move, this is unacceptable

I'm surprised to be honest because I don't expect this from the Biden administration, even the current US ambassador to UN is a black woman.

But domestically, the Biden administration has shown the willingness to end racism and white supremacy. Some high ranking black men and women serving in biden's cabinet include.

1. Michael Regan, the first Black man to lead the Environmental Protection Agency

2. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, the first Black person in the post

3. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Marcia Fudge

4. U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas-Greenfield

5. Cecilia Rouse, chair of the Council of Economic Advisers. Rouse is the first Black woman to lead the council.

6. Shalanda Young, acting director of the White House Office of Management and Budget.

7. Karine Jean-Pierre, white house press secretary

8. Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson
Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.

9. The current US vice President Kamala Harris is also a black woman, Joe biden picked her.

The list is endless

President biden also signed executive order on the second anniversary of George Floyd's death directing federal agencies to revise use-of-force policies, banning tactics such as chokeholds, restricting practices like no-knock warrants and promoting de-escalation techniques.

This is why I'm still a fan of Biden, Donald trump didn't appoint a single black man in his cabinet, he remains the most racist president in US history

2 Likes

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Snapchat: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
God1000:

I'm surprised to be honest because I don't expect this from the Biden administration, even the current US ambassador to UN is a black woman.

But domestically, the Biden administration has shown the willingness to end racism and white supremacy. Some high ranking black men and women serving in biden's cabinet include.

1. Michael Regan, the first Black man to lead the Environmental Protection Agency

5. Cecilia Rouse, chair of the Council of Economic Advisers. Rouse is the first Black woman to lead the council.

6. Shalanda Young, acting director of the White House Office of Management and Budget.

9. The current US vice President Kamala Harris is also a black woman, Joe biden picked her.

The list is endless

President biden also signed executive order on the second anniversary of George Floyd's death directing federal agencies to revise use-of-force policies, banning tactics such as chokeholds, restricting practices like no-knock warrants and promoting de-escalation techniques.

This is why I'm still a fan of Biden, Donald trump didn't appoint a single black man in his cabinet, he remains the most racist president in US history

Every country would put their interest first. It doesn’t mean that they support racism. Apparently, they all have issues with certain clauses or so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by bonechamberlain(m): 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
Hypocrites.
Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by NOwazobia: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2022
Even Ukraine... Them go see shege for Russia hand henceforth.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Opinedecandid(m): 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2022
God1000:

The list is endless

Your post is quite informing, but I wonder if you read through the original post.
In summary, the reason why they vote against it is the clause to find some sort of respite to the victims of the past.

"..We do not agree with claims made in this resolution that states are required to make reparations for the slave trade and colonialism, which caused great suffering to many but were not, at that time, violations of international law. Moreover, these claims divert..."

UK's point, though.

2 Likes

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by spiralwedge(m): 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2022
They are hypocrites

1 Like

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Corridon: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
GeneralPula:
Make I chill till they verify this..
They sees you as monkey

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by ShaqFu: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
Why am I not surprise.
Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
lhordspy:
Where are the evil westerners chearleaders and supporters? Your slave master just voted against the stop of your continuos executioning, killings and segregation.

The UK, US, and other evil westerners are nothing but hypocrites. They will always deceives us, we blacks like they do care. They fvcking dont.

Just look at the golden Opportunity that presented itself for them to end it, to stop it... to make it go away. Guess what? They refused! They declined ! We blacks are their slaves afterall, why should they allow us free? grin

Everytime you blacks are killed, they act like they care.. Remember the taking of knees in the english premier league?

Here is the strategy, when there is an upset or uproar, they bring up different consolidations and consolations strategies to calm us like a baby. "Our hearts and prayer are with you in this trying times....... Blah blah Nonsense'

Then 4-5 months, little by little the pity-campaigns vanishes. And then boom! It happens again, another black is killed! then they starts playing by the scripts all over again. That is the strategy there my friends. This guys are hypocrites, pretenders... its all gimmicks, charade, stratagem, ruse ,artifice, gambit, cozenages,cunniness ,deceptions, fakeries, ... Any evil deceptive and manipulative words one can think of.

Especially Nigerians mourning Queen's death

1 Like

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by BloomingDale(f): 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
marlow1962:
That’s their business.
When I go over that side again, any bleached modafvka that calls me monkey, I will knock the fvk outta him ( I no mind go jail, as long as say I beat shit commot from em body)

You think Racism is all about calling you a monkey. It is a power structure system where whites are kept on top and other races, especially blacks are kept on the bottom.

For example, blacks pay more taxes, pay more insurance, have higher credit card rates, lower credit card scores etc. This is because most blacks are given an odd number as social security number when they are born etc, so the system can differentiate them for exploitation.

In religion, you worship their white Jesus that looks nothing like you. Another insidious way of making sure you see them as gods and saviours and superior to you.

In short, racism is systemic. It keeps you as an underclass to them where you are poorer, weaker, etc

Same thing the Hausas/Fulanis are practicing in Nigeria, whereas they want to keep the South as a permanent underclass to them. That is the real tribalism. Tribalism is not about Igbos and Yoruba's coming to Nairaland to insult themselves. Lol.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by owagbeba: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
Faithful007:
Don't believe any news you see without verifying details. That's what will differentiate a smart person from an average daft youth.

The news seems strange because normally that isn't what the US would do. There was something slipped into the bill that did not sit right with them, which relates to the Israel-Palestine conflict.

UK rejected the bill because they do not want to held accountable for their colonial rule and pay reparation. Ref: Durban conference / report

US rejected the bill because of the same reason- fear to held accountable of their murderous reign over colonies. They said, “ Among our concerns are the resolution’s endorsement of the Durban Declaration and Program of Action (DDPA), the outcome of the Durban “

2 Likes

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by theocole(m): 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
People who want to say they need to verify are big idiots and shameless goats go to the UN Tweeter page and look the person who posted this left everything for you to verify yet, you want to verify don't believe what these white clowns are doing pretending and all they're big decievers if they vote and adopt they have lots of fees and bills to pay, they will lose so many benefits they enjoy so, you useless mumus saying let me verify Na una be the same Black's wey dem go dey use....

1 Like

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by alabo1: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
lhordspy:

The UK, US, and other evil westerners are nothing but hypocrites. They will always deceived us, we blacks like they do care. They fvcking dont.

Everytime you blacks are killed, they act like they care.. Remember the taking the knees in the english premier league?

That is the strategy, when there is an upset or uproar, they bring up different consolidations and consolations strategy to calm us like a baby. "Our hearts and prayer are with you in this trying times....... Blah blah Nonsense'

Their slaves are silent. If it is a motion that they support such as the imaginary persecution of Uighurs and co and Russia, China etc vote no the Bots will be out in full force.

The west represented by the US are for themselves, by themselves and with themselves only. using a case study ..... The US justifying passage of her millitary Ships in the south China sea based on the freedom of navigation Law ..... Which funnily She has not ratified.
Open your eyes. Read and learn

4 Likes

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by Ibime(m): 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
God1000:

The list is endless

Stop falling for the tricks of kids

People vote no to bills due to unnecessary inclusions in bills that deviate from the spirit of the bill. Same way Democrats will come and tell you Rebublicans voted against healthcare etc without telling you what else they included in the bill that made Republicans vote no. . . .. and vice verse

A bill to end racism that includes paying reparations or includes antisemitism will never be signed

If the sponsors of the bill have true intentions, they should present the bill cleanly

Countries who oppress and kill minorities cannot preach to countries who have codified equality in their laws. So China will vote yes while cleansing Uighurs?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia by NigerianAngelo(m): 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
HonNL:
The 51st session of the UN Human Rights Council (held between 12 September - 7 October 2022) considered issues including systemic racism, enforced disappearances, climate change, water and sanitation, the rights of people of African descent, and colonialism, amongst others.

SOURCE

SOURCE

UK gives reasons for voting NO

SOURCE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Relentless Storm Drowns California, USA ( Pics, Video) / IDF Distributes Leaflets In Southern Lebanon Calling On Residents To Move North / "I Will Not Step Down" - Yahya Jammeh, Gambian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.