Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes (8618 Views)

Why Did EFCC Refuse To Investigate The Following People? / EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. / EFCC Wants SSS To Handover Dasuki For Questioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by nagoma(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
Am one to read and pass on but today,  I just have to say something
Maybe her intentions are pure but i do know it wasn't based on wisdom or understanding of her true job,  1st of all she said Pastors and their worshipers,  A true christian doesn't worship his/her pastor,  My tithe is a covenant between i and my God and my pastor aint a 3rd party in that covenant so sorry he can't question it,  God knows who is doing that which is right ® wrong and pays each according τ̅☺ his deed,   So if she insist on this then she should ask all religious groups including the traditional grps and the muslims, afterall they are all worshipers Of something e all worshipers Of something [quote][/quote]

I dont think the writer means that they warshipers worship the pastor. It just means the warshipers (clients) in the pastors church.
its like; "The Hospital Manager and his Doctors" doesn't mean the manger is being looked after as a patient." The nursery teacher and her children" doesnt mean gave birth to them. abi?
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by timpaker(m): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
Since the EFCC is proposing such investigation, i think this will prompt church members to stop paying tithes, tongue tongue tongue
who would wanna pay tithe and the next day he/she is been invited by the EFCC? No body. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

EFCC wan spoil market for some pastors bah!  cry
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by bizonline: 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
Me, I dont see anything wrong in telling a pastor or an imam to be questioning the source of huge tithes. Except the are afraid of lossing the "revenue"
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2011
bizonline:

Me, I dont see anything wrong in telling a pastor or an imam to be questioning the source of huge tithes. Except the are afraid of lossing the "revenue"

that is what religion has turned to in Nigeria. . .Some are richer than our collapsing banks !
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Kobojunkie: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2011
bizonline:

um . . . .  so, how exactly do you want these pastors and imams to question the sources of the huge tithes? You want Pastors and Imams to start bothering individuals to reveal their tax papers and maybe pay stubs before their tithes are collected into the hands of the pastors and imams? You want Pastors to mount up a "CHECK POINT" right next to the collection box, checking every envelope dropped into the box, to ensure those who pay, say, more than $1000 in tithes answer employment questions/verify the money was legitimately obtain, right there and then, each sunday?

Or maybe you want pastors to call back every donor who donates anything more than $100 each sunday, asking them to fax back in a letter indicating the money was legitimately earned?

Even the UN and the Red Cross, both international organizations that receive donations from millions of donors around the world yearly, do not bother with such as it is EXPECTED that the donor's country is responsible for ensuring that money earned is done so legitimately, but you want Nigerian Pastors and Imams to now take on the job of the Nigerian Police, EFCC and IRS, all put together? Na so ordinary Nigerians dey take contribute to the Nigerian problem be this . . , undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by azahmed(m): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2011
what concern EFCC on this issue nah? abi dem wan spoil church business like Sanusi spoils the banking business grin
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by UyiIredia(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2011
No clergyman will have time for the proposal EFCC is forwarding. They (EFCC) should move on to more pressing matters.b
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by tpia5: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2011
In a civilized country, you check people's income through their tax records, not their church offering which btw you dont even know if they give. In a country like nigeria where there's no light and everybody, including whoever made that d.aft pronouncement, has no tax records, you dont start talking like you smoked something.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by tpia5: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2011
Hmmm, this is why the bible says to pray for leaders.

Some of them seriously need urgent prayer becasue they're clearly clueless and with horrible advisers who they dont know have a score to settle with them.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2011
azahmed:

what concern EFCC on this issue nah? abi dem wan spoil church business like Sanusi spoils the banking business grin

Church business no dey die because maga must always pay ! grin grin
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

No clergyman will have time for the proposal EFCC is forwarding. They (EFCC) should move on to more pressing matters.b

More like the EFCC is fishing for a way around doing it's job here. There is definitely a pressing matter here . . . . that is of 419 proliferation. The EFCC seems to be taking a lackadaisical approach to tackling the problem even now. Who in their right mind wakes up to suggest that Pastors/Imams need to make themselves POLICE on how much people donate in Church or anywhere?
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by islamrules(m): 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2011

that is what religion has turned to in Nigeria. . .Some are  richer than our collapsing banks !

We now get where you are heading to. You are jealous of these rich pastors.

Or say don't be afraid of these pastors, they cant use tithe money to buy weapon/bombs to kill muslims like muslims/boko arams are doing.

Church money is not for that because I can see that attack on church financing by muslims has risen these days.

Or may be it is because christian leaders/pastors kicked against the so called Islamic banking.
It has an hidden undertone.
What will a politician gain from stealing government money and dumping it in the church, when there are lucrative investment business all over the world.

They are not retarddded/nincompooooop like you madam Fool-rida.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by oluite(f): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2011
Rather interesting to chase "rats"while the "lions" are sleeping!Recently we all watched how the bank-ole matter was swept under the carpets,such related matters have been swept under the carpets in the past.Now its church EFCC wants to put eye on!!
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by bayourfar(m): 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2011
I dont blame some set of people because they have never being in any leadership position.
Some people are just too good in critizing, they cant proffer solution to a single problem.

If she didn‘t say something good please dont just critize make viable contribution.
Thank you.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by luckymome(f): 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2011
Every good pastor will simply admonish his congregation to pay their tithes from their income and not their responsbility to ask them how much they earn.

Afterall they get the money before the tithe. So EFCC, where do they get the money. Go and ask a senator who much his tithe is. lets start from there
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Concept(m): 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2011
Investigation of huge tithes is not the work of religion leaders but they do keep records of their tithe payers. What I think Government can do through its Agencies is to have churches & Mosques taxed. Get their financial records scrutinised and probably have eye on big spenders in the churches or mosques for eventual investigation in comparison to their probable income from every source.

It is a pity that corruption is being encouraged in the religion abode nowadays. So obliging them to investigate will not work. How can you embarass a customer that patronises you most. Eee wo orisa, ko le possible.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by nagoma(m): 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2011
"Or may be it is because christian leaders/pastors kicked against the so called Islamic banking.
It has an hidden undertone.
What will a politician gain from stealing government money and dumping it in the church, when there are lucrative investment business all over the world.

They are not retarddded/nincompooooop like you madam Fool-rida."

You have a problem with reading and comprehension. The EFCC one-day  seminar was held in Calabar where it is appropriate to refer to Pastors. When the seminar reaches sokoto or Zamfara or Kano I believe reference will be made to Imams. Dont be so grouchy and EFCC is not in charge of Banking - Islamic or non Islamic.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by dayotheone(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
waoo, i dont think that is possible ,, cos in church we are thought to trust each other ,,
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by martinosi: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2011
EFCC dont have any work to do, they are now creating "boogee men" to attack!!
This woman who is running this outfit is a "Dim-wit", Why dont they
monitor how much money is given to Mosque's lol!!!
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Sarahluv(f): 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This should be moved to the Jokes section!!! This is just too funny!!

Do church members now have to declare what they have paid as tithes to the Pastor? Do they also have to publicly declare their Sunday offerings?

Farida just made a terribly spurious allegation. How does she know that members pay huge tithes? I know no church member has gone to Farida to tell her how much he pays as tithes, so it must be that the woman has the belief, probably out of some form of bigotry, that Christians pay large sums of money as tithes. Even if they paid huge amounts as tithes, how does the Pastor get to know the amounts to the extent of questioning the amount.

Farida, go and do your work. Next thing, you go ask people to go dey give account of how much them dey spend for supermarket.

Perhaps MTN should report customers that spend above a certain amount of money on recharge cards so that we can investigate if they are spending legitimate money.

This woman don turn comedian finally.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Baawaa(m): 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2011
This is total rubbish,EFCC as a body know those thieves dat steal Nigerian money.u dont do anyting 2 bring dem 2 book.Waziri is knw redelegate her job 2 pastors.Waziri,if u ar nt capable 2 execute ur job u can resign!!
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by executinal(m): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2011
Hmm Waziri abeg face corrupt politicians first, after all we have not seen your work so far. Seek help from Ribadu, i believe he will help you out.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by tpia5: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2011
it must be that the woman has the belief, probably out of some form of bigotry, that Christians pay large sums of money as tithes

thank you.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by kemisuga(f): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2011
Such people will stop tithes payment then. lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Abuse: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2011
Please include churches and mosque. Infact they should pay tax.Gbam!!!
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by obowunmi(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2011
Beaf is right:

It would be useful to find out if some churches are set up specifically to launder money.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Jakumo(m): 4:15pm On Aug 17, 2011
Redeemed Camp Blues in G minor.

Got me that Redeemed Camp Blues
Lord from my head down, to my shoes

Gave all my money to Adebole
Helped fuel that new jet plane, Adejale rides
He say he be flyin' way up high to heaven,
To meet up with God, and Lord Jeeesus too

So now I is broke and my kids ain't got no food
But we happy as hell that Eunuch will fly

Well, I got that Redeemed Camp blues
So I'll cook this here bible, to eat like corn bread.

Words and Music by Big Daddy King
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Texther(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2011
I no wan put mouth 4 dis matter ooo
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by philip0906(m): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2011
tpia@:

In a civilized country, you check people's income through their tax records, not their church offering which btw you dont even know if they give. In a country like nigeria where there's no light and everybody, including whoever made that d.aft pronouncement, has no tax records, you dont start talking like you smoked something.

not a fan of tpiah though,but this is one of the best comments here
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by tpia5: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^not your fan either, and next time dont quote me if you have nothing constructive to type.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by philip0906(m): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^
y d blood rush? undecided
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by tpia5: 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^why the attack?

did i ask for your patronage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" / Nigeria's National Anthem In Igbo Language / House Of Reps Commitee Denies Mentioning Osinbajo In Nema's Probe. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.