Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes (8627 Views)

Why Did EFCC Refuse To Investigate The Following People? / EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. / EFCC Wants SSS To Handover Dasuki For Questioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by tlops(m): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2011
Are they allowed to report if one pays less than he/she is expected!
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by jegedefemi(m): 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
same old talk, i beg how thief wan take fight thief,even for the EFCC sef them no dey chop govt money, leave matter for, them place them ma dey inflate their contracts make them ma for fit see something chop.
so where we go start from
i beg allow
make life dey flow joo o
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
Concept:

Investigation of huge tithes is not the work of religion leaders but they do keep records of their tithe payers. What I think Government can do through its Agencies is to have churches & Mosques taxed. Get their financial records scrutinised and probably have eye on big spenders in the churches or mosques for eventual investigation in comparison to their probable income from every source.

It is a pity that corruption is being encouraged in the religion abode nowadays. So obliging them to investigate will not work. How can you embarass a customer that patronises you most. Eee wo orisa, ko le possible.

You are suggesting that somehow we punish all religious houses because some of their members make their money illegitimately? WOW!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

How exactly does this go about fixing the main problem, which is corruption in the system and existence of 419ers? Will they give less to the church/mosque because these houses are being taxed? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by JimmyBoy1: 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2011
Idle hands,from all the governors,ministers,political appointees, DPOs, AIGs,several scandals like Siemens,haliburton , How many of the cases have the EFCC brought to logical conclusion by way of conviction or acquital. Na u dey pay tithe according to him faith na I'm dem wan dey pursue. Rubish.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by natume: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2011
Looters are busy looting out there and she is wasting time debating church.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by sweet9ja: 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
I understand and support the call by Farida Waziri, there should be no hiding place for looters and their accomplices. To ridicule her on this is to say it's ok to steal so long as you give a part it to your pastor.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by 1025: 11:35pm On Aug 17, 2011
It would be useful to find out if some churches are set up specifically to launder money.

@beaf,
as if you and waziri are looking for missing funds. what is she waiting for in arresting our first lady? or is she waiting for the churches to tell her that bankole is a thief. any genuine fight against corruption in nigeria will start from aso rock and various state govt houses in nigeria and not in the church.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by MrGee(m): 12:24am On Aug 18, 2011
Hmm. Interesting. How about if the tithe is small even though the money is stolen. Will that will be acceptable?. I believe emphasis should be on preaching the whole counsel of God rather than relying on human reasoning.A tithe of 200 and a tithe of 2 million is the same as long as the source is corrupt.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Aug 18, 2011
Mr Gee:

Hmm. Interesting. How about if the tithe is small even though the money is stolen. Will that will be acceptable?. I believe emphasis should be on preaching the whole counsel of God rather than relying on human reasoning.A tithe of 200 and a tithe of 2 million is the same as long as the source is corrupt.

Please do not even tell us that you suggest the EFCC tell churches/mosques what to preach and how. **shudders at the thought***
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Breeze5000: 1:43am On Aug 18, 2011
Concentrate on BANK "OLE!
And we self go concentrate on Pastors and stone the ones wey thief
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by agitator: 8:13am On Aug 18, 2011
sweet9ja:

I understand and support the call by Farida Waziri, [b]there should be no hiding place for looters and their accomplices. [/b]To ridicule her on this is to say it's ok to steal so long as you give a part it to your pastor.

So all the governors and civil servants wey thief nigeria money na for church dem hid

if u no get anything to say just keep your smelling mouth shutup angry angry angry angry
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by islamrules(m): 8:13am On Aug 18, 2011
You have a problem with reading and comprehension. The EFCC one-day  seminar was held in Calabar where it is appropriate to refer to Pastors. When the seminar reaches sokoto or Zamfara or Kano I believe reference will be made to Imams. Dont be so grouchy and EFCC is not in charge of Banking - Islamic or non Islamic.

Why cant she start by laying an example with her own people (The North), why is she starting  with Christians ? Or na only Christians dey embezzle government.

You have a with information digestion, meaning, you unintelligent! Stop covering her!
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by philip0906(m): 11:50am On Aug 18, 2011
^^
no mind am. . .
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by awuf2008: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2011
The woman Waziri seems to have lost touch with reality of life. How on earth will he expect Pastor or Imam to turn in or betray their benefactor? impossible. she should please say something else. it is not a news.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by eewule(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2011
Churches will be reluctant to co-operate as they are enjoying their new source of sustainance
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Jaguar1(m): 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
Waziri, is setting up herself for destruction. She's dabbling into complexities and much worse, spiritual matters where she has no knowledge. If she continues along this line, I can guarantee her destruction in no distant future.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Jakumo(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2011
Jaguar1:

Waziri, is setting up herself for destruction. She's dabbling into complexities and much worse, spiritual matters where she has no knowledge. If she continues along this line, I can guarantee her destruction in no distant future.

There ya go, all set to do some serious killing in the name of Jeeeeesus.

Take no prisoners Jesus Commando, for anyone who touches my throbbing anointed must be terminated with extreme prejudice. Lock and Load !
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by leoebhos(m): 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2011
They are mad. We have over 10001 corupt politicians in this country who they shud focus on and leave churches for God judgment.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by jonnex: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2011
What i can say is that, Waziri needs to recruit more staffs and post them to all the churches in d country, i believe this will definitely curb the illegal tithes in the church.
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by nevachange(f): 6:59am On Aug 19, 2011
i believe hundreds of Christians must have been slaughtered for this if the comments were made about tithes in mosques or whatever they call it there,
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 19, 2011
sweet9ja:

I understand and support the call by Farida Waziri, there should be no hiding place for looters and their accomplices. To ridicule her on this is to say it's ok to steal so long as you give a part it to your pastor.
Thank you ! grin
Re: EFCC Wants Churches To Investigate The Sources Of Huge Tithes by vislabraye(m): 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2011
Let her hold her peace. I hope she also speaks about imams who have some corrupt officials in the mosque.

If she can't do her job well, does she expect the pastor to know the source of every one's wealth in the church? How many arrests from the North has she made? Abeg make we hear word.
She has to be fair to all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku’s Pro-business Plan Receives Applause In The Business Community / Ajimobi Urges Nigerians To Accept Inec’s Reasons For Election Postponement / Abia Pensioners Disrupt May Day March Past In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.