Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana (55838 Views)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
quentin06:

Ghanaians are not frivolous like Nigerians, they re shrewd and don't buy into the keep up with the jones mentality that Nigerians do.

They patronize their people's locally made goods unlike Nigerians that love foreign shit.

I can see you are talking from experience and you have stayed in Ghana for many years. Ghanaians are not like Nigerians, Ghanaians love quality products Nigerian love cheap products. Just look at that guy he went to Ghana and invested in iPhone 12 Max, if you was reasonable he would have used the money to expand his business
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2022
Xpol:
lol, so you mean if you rent land and start farming Government will come for you because you don’t half half a million dollar? All these things are just formalities on paper holding ground a little on their major markets I can categorically tell you that the main reason it was enforced then was bcoz of the election which their president was trying to win. At that time re-election wasn’t sure for him and he didn’t want the opposition to use that against him. So when the union started agitation and demanded that Government must enforce the law, and after months of agitation they noticed that the Government wasn’t ready, they took the law into their hands and started locking Nigerians shops. The IGP gave direction for the perpetrators to be arrested and locked up and that the shops to be reopened with immediate effect. With continued pressure and as a typical African politician the president didn’t want it to appear as if he didn’t consider his citizens first before the foreigners and with the election approaching so he yielded, You can see that in how he struggled to win the election. I have businesses in the city of Accra so do many Nigerians and throughout that time there wasn’t any problem except those In Circle market and their spare parts market, Abossu okai ( I’m not sure I got the spellings correct ) and Mokola market(which they opened back in less than a month)

My friend farming is my speciality and I have had a farm in Ghana before do not make the mistake of going into farming if you do not comply with gipc. I know a lot of Nigerians which have lost tractors. My friend when a law is made the law is made for the one nation you cannot have your own separate law once you go to court you will lose the court case and this is the mistake which a lot of Nigerians make. My friend have you looked at the laws of Ghana it is illegal for a Nigerian to own a shop and do Petty trading.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2022
Selfmotivated:
Ghana have an edge over Nigeria in electricity and security. In this aspect Ghana is better than Nigeria because without security and electricity how can people do business without hitches.

Also doing business Ghana is way ahead as long as you have your correct papers

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by meobizy(f): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
Arrogantbro:
Are you for real? No millionaire on nairaland ? �
Take my words to the bank and get paid.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by AngelaInteriorz: 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today

I am interested.
What investment did you make that is now bringing you millions?

I would love to know.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Coldie(m): 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
mediclife1987:

I can't wait for them to run back to Nigeria. This time around I go too fvck those their big-bittocked black yanshed babes die, before I advocate another "Ghana must go" crisis...
For real y are u talking like a pervert?

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I can see you are talking from experience and you have stayed in Ghana for many years. Ghanaians are not like Nigerians, Ghanaians love quality products Nigerian love cheap products. Just look at that guy he went to Ghana and invested in iPhone 12 Max, if you was reasonable he would have used the money to expand his business

He never said what he did to buy that phone, me thinks it was illegitimate. I know Ghana people dont tolerate that especially from Nigerians over there.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Ehismarkninetee: 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
quentin06:

He never said what he did to buy that phone, me thinks it was illegitimate. I know Ghana people dont tolerate that especially from Nigerians over there.

I had two functioning business, A laundry Nd barber shop. But Gh laws and regulations lead to the closure of my businesses

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by monerozi5590: 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Ghana is 30 years in front of Nigeria. Nigeria is a nation of criminals

Abegi! Nigeria is better than Ghana. As if criminals no d Ghana.

The electricity you guys are shouting about bla bla bla. Here in Kaduna we are enjoying good electricity.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:

I had two functioning business, A laundry Nd barber shop. But Gh laws and regulations lead to the closure of my businesses

My apologies, why not return home, there are people who are doing such businesses here and coping.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by monerozi5590: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Ghana is 30 years in front of Nigeria. Nigeria is a nation of criminals

Lies

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by IAmTobore(m): 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today
What did you invest your 500k in?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by streetwise2015: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
Want to ask you a few questions bro.sent a you a pm

SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Yes I have been to Ghana and I have stayed there for more than five years I have also been to more than 17 African countries right now I am enjoying myself in Brazil for lifetime with some hot Brazilian chick by my side
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by erty6334(m): 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.

Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.
I'm also in Accra, Nigeria is far better than Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2022
erty6334:
I'm also in Accra, Nigeria is far better than Ghana.

Ghana is better than Nigeria Ghana is more stable with electricity and ease of doing business the only thing Nigeria is better is in crime and worshipping criminals. 1 lost sheep which is in Accra but praise in Nigeria
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
streetwise2015:
Want to ask you a few questions bro.sent a you a pm

Whatever you want to say you can tell me here and I will reply you

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
monerozi5590:

Lies

Jealousy and hypocrisy is the root to All Evil
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
monerozi5590:

Abegi! Nigeria is better than Ghana. As if criminals no d Ghana.

The electricity you guys are shouting about bla bla bla. Here in Kaduna we are enjoying good electricity.

But in kaduna you are also enjoying kidnapping and banditry. Empty barrier makes the most noise. Agricultural production Ghana dominates doing business Ghana dominate investment Ghana dominate. The criminals would you find in Nigeria and Nigerian criminals abroad are on a completely loaded dimension in their crime
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Mrgamer: 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
I really don’t understand some Nigerians, they literally think when they japa to another country that’s when their life will begin and they’ll become successful.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by BlackyOne: 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
Jamersirwin1971:

To get iPhone 12 pro in ghana is not that hard . Even my two cousin who don’t have jobs in ghana here are using it . The value of the cost of it compared to here is different . In Nigeria we look at it like say na person wey be well to do dey use am . In ghana it’s a different case .

Are you for real? Please check the cost and tell me if it's that cheap that anyone living in Ghana could afford to own one, is Ghana economy doing better than Switzerland now?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Jamersirwin1971: 7:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
BlackyOne:

Are you for real? Please check the cost and tell me if it's that cheap that anyone living in Ghana could afford to own one, is Ghana economy doing better than Switzerland now?

We are talking about Nigeria and Ghana . Stop using what you read online to compare . It’s more expensive to live in ghana . And life in ghana is far expensive than Nigeria
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by BlackyOne: 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
Jamersirwin1971:

We are talking about Nigeria and Ghana . Stop using what you read online to compare . It’s more expensive to live in ghana . And life in ghana is far expensive than Nigeria

Please go back and make it make sense shocked

If living in Ghana is more expensive, how come "iphone 12 is not that hard to get" for those living in Ghana like you said...

Make it make sense plis!
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by HRprof: 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
BlackyOne:

If living in Ghana is more expensive, how come "iphone 12 is not that hard to get" for those living in Ghana like you said...

Make it make sense plis!

Getting used iPhone 12 cheap in Ghana makes Ghana better than Nigeria Even Ghanaian I have as friends tell me Nigeria is far better than Ghana both economic wise and development.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Eaglesence: 10:32pm On Oct 14, 2022
mediclife1987:

How can one start a real estate biz without cash? Abeg teach me sire...

Private chat me.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by sacajawea: 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
Maybe others have quoted you severally already,
But Pls pls Please what's this investment ?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by POKUASI2: 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
mediclife1987:

Hmmm, so does that mean their black-buttocks big yanshed babes are now easy to fvck?
listen, Ghanaian woman can lead you to grave. Ask me how, they may appear easy to fvck but trust me, it's a trap.
It cos around 300k to get rid of unwanted pregnancy or you work till your child is 18 to pay 5k every single day of your life till your child is 18yrs of age.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Jamersirwin1971: 11:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
BlackyOne:

Make it make sense plis!

Because it’s their currency . And a Ghanaian can take loan just to buy an expensive phone to use . If you a Nigerian and you used to the Nigerian living when you get here you would know it’s more expensive to stay . To them it’s their currency and it’s normal to their face. Let’s say beer at mama local is sold for 200-350 at mama local in Nigeria . Going to mama local to buy that beer here would cost you 1000 in naira . For them Ghanaians it’s normal . For a Nigerian you feel it isn’t worth it . If I have 10 k in my pocket I can only buy 10 bottles of beer .

There is this Nigerian guy who got transferred to ghana from a company he works for in Nigeria . He said while in Nigeria they paid him 600k monthly and at every month he was able to save money after spending money for his family food and fueling his car back home .

On getting here they paid him in dollars and when converted he got more like extra 300 k added to his salary . But he found out that he couldn’t even save up anymore . Because of the way life is here and expenses . He also said the cost of fuel was also telling on him . Back home he would buy fuel 50k monthly on fueling his car . Over here he was spending like 150 k monthly . He said the guy who he came to replace here while going to Nigeria told him he would ask the company he wanted to go back to Nigeria . But because he felt he was paid in dollar he laughed it out . He only used 4 months in ghana and told them he wanted to go back . I met this guy here in Ghana and he is currently back to Nigeria now .

For me I am half half and I remember when my uncle gave me one of his cars to use 1.8 litter diesel . After just two months nobody tell me to give him back his car . Every week I found out I was spending 15k or more on fuel .No be say I Dey roam about o. Na to drive go office for morning when it’s evening I drive back home . The 15 k diesel . Diesel be like 1200-1300 per litter . But to normal Ghanaian he doesn’t see anything wrong with the cost .

A UK used iPhone 6 is sold for 30/40 k in Nigeria. Over here it’s sold for 100k . Ghanaians go carry their money buy am so easy . But you as a foreigner will think deep about it . Even when you working here and making money legitimately you need to have saving here and also need to be sending money back home . How you won do am survive ?? Unless you are doing fraud join or stealing from somewhere then you wouldn’t mind to complain .

A Toyota Camry ( muscle) maybe sold for 3-4.5/5 million is sold here at 7-8 million . Bag of pure water is sold here at 800 naira for one bag . Today self I wanted to buy plastic coke the woman next street was telling me it’s 700 naira . I reverse my hand . Ghana man go buy am without even thinking twice

Ghanaians don’t price things when they see you are pricing things then they say you are Alata/ oga( meaning Nigerian ) . They would let you know it’s we Nigerians that can be asking for reduction .

3 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 3:52am On Oct 15, 2022
POKUASI2:
listen, Ghanaian woman can lead you to grave. Ask me how, they may appear easy to fvck but trust me, it's a trap.
It cos around 300k to get rid of unwanted pregnancy or you work till your child is 18 to pay 5k every single day of your life till your child is 18yrs of age.

All this wahala for Ghanaian buttocks? cheesy
Shey na yankee Dem dey ni?
Why Dem come dey behave like Yankee people Dem?
I even hear sey their house rent too na per month, like oyinbo people Dem.
They must be an extremely mad set of people, don't you think so.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by adubam(m): 6:16am On Oct 15, 2022
mediclife1987:

All this wahala for Ghanaian buttocks? cheesy
Shey na yankee Dem dey ni?
Why Dem come dey behave like Yankee people Dem?
I even hear sey their house rent too na per month, like oyinbo people Dem.
They must be an extremely mad set of people, don't you think so.

I see your major goal in life is to be fornicating. My brother life is spiritual. Fear God.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 7:18am On Oct 15, 2022
Eaglesence:

Private chat me.

Won tun ti de o!

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 7:19am On Oct 15, 2022
Coldie:

For real y are u talking like a pervert?

Lols na just cruise my guy...
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2022
Timiolutomi:

Nah you know wetin pursue you for house...
No be wetin I find come here be that.

Bwahaahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement / Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri / Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.