Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana (55840 Views)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2022
adubam:

I see your major goal in life is to be fornicating. My brother life is spiritual. Fear God.

Guys life is fun, have fun!
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by womenareapezz: 11:25am On Oct 15, 2022
mediclife1987:

Guys life is fun, have fun!
if for say you be gynaecologist, guy you go dey runaway from toto.

If you see different disease and abnormalities of toto, guy you go hate women

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Eaglesence: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2022
mediclife1987:

Won tun ti de o!

Ni bo niyen?

Thats how you loose your blessings

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by UDZUBY(m): 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2022
mediclife1987:

How about working there as a medical doctor, my colleague told me the salary is ¢7,000/month.
Is that a good salary to live a conducive life?

If only you can learn to manage so as to save more. Otherwise you might have nothing at the end of the month
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by brandsoncharlie: 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jamersirwin1971:

Because it’s their currency . And a Ghanaian can take loan just to buy an expensive phone to use . If you a Nigerian and you used to the Nigerian living when you get here you would know it’s more expensive to stay . To them it’s their currency and it’s normal to their face. Let’s say beer at mama local is sold for 200-350 at mama local in Nigeria . Going to mama local to buy that beer here would cost you 1000 in naira . For them Ghanaians it’s normal . For a Nigerian you feel it isn’t worth it . If I have 10 k in my pocket I can only buy 10 bottles of beer .

There is this Nigerian guy who got transferred to ghana from a company he works for in Nigeria . He said while in Nigeria they paid him 600k monthly and at every month he was able to save money after spending money for his family food and fueling his car back home .

On getting here they paid him in dollars and when converted he got more like extra 300 k added to his salary . But he found out that he couldn’t even save up anymore . Because of the way life is here and expenses . He also said the cost of fuel was also telling on him . Back home he would buy fuel 50k monthly on fueling his car . Over here he was spending like 150 k monthly . He said the guy who he came to replace here while going to Nigeria told him he would ask the company he wanted to go back to Nigeria . But because he felt he was paid in dollar he laughed it out . He only used 4 months in ghana and told them he wanted to go back . I met this guy here in Ghana and he is currently back to Nigeria now .

For me I am half half and I remember when my uncle gave me one of his cars to use 1.8 litter diesel . After just two months nobody tell me to give him back his car . Every week I found out I was spending 15k or more on fuel .No be say I Dey roam about o. Na to drive go office for morning when it’s evening I drive back home . The 15 k diesel . Diesel be like 1200-1300 per litter . But to normal Ghanaian he doesn’t see anything wrong with the cost .

A UK used iPhone 6 is sold for 30/40 k in Nigeria. Over here it’s sold for 100k . Ghanaians go carry their money buy am so easy . But you as a foreigner will think deep about it . Even when you working here and making money legitimately you need to have saving here and also need to be sending money back home . How you won do am survive ?? Unless you are doing fraud join or stealing from somewhere then you wouldn’t mind to complain .

A Toyota Camry ( muscle) maybe sold for 3-4.5/5 million is sold here at 7-8 million . Bag of pure water is sold here at 800 naira for one bag . Today self I wanted to buy plastic coke the woman next street was telling me it’s 700 naira . I reverse my hand . Ghana man go buy am without even thinking twice

Ghanaians don’t price things when they see you are pricing things then they say you are Alata/ oga( meaning Nigerian ) . They would let you know it’s we Nigerians that can be asking for reduction .
Charlie Ghana is unnecessary expense for an economy that don't worth it or has no value in it.
Their country is just trash. Third world country nothing surprising.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by frankadrian: 12:30am On Oct 16, 2022
Exceed15:

As least you can sleep with your eyes close. You can travel from point A to B without fear of kidnapping. That's enough for me bro. Other things are workable. Nigerians are not lazy.

Please, don't go to Ghana. You see this light and security you dey talk of? Lol. Don't go to Ghana. I assure you, you won't like it.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by frankadrian: 12:33am On Oct 16, 2022
mediclife1987:

So what you simply mean is ¢7,000 is note enough money to live decently in Ghana...
Issokay, there goes their big black yanshed babes wey I so much like...

You sound more like a pervert than a medical doctor.

And even if you are, you won't get 1000 cedis medical job or other jobs in Ghana. Their own people no get am, na you with your this your reasoning. Lol. By the time you come back, you would have sold that your medical degrees certificate to eat.

You want to relocate, and you aren't even asking the right questions. I hope this 1987 in your moniker is not your year of birth, cos that just means there's no remedy.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by frankadrian: 12:38am On Oct 16, 2022
streetwise2015:
Want to ask you a few questions bro.sent a you a pm

So after reading the incoherent nonsense that guy has been littering this thread with, you call him Bro and ask to send him a pm? What is actually wrong with people? Smh

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Exceed15: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2022
frankadrian:

Please, don't go to Ghana. You see this light and security you dey talk of? Lol. Don't go to Ghana. I assure you, you won't like it.

Loool.. abeg don't burst my stomach with laughter d way you are resounding the warning. I m actually going there on NGO assignment.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by frankadrian: 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
Exceed15:

Loool.. abeg don't burst my stomach with laughter d way you are resounding the warning. I m actually going there on NGO assignment.

NGO assignment, fine. At least you'll be moving back when it ends. Fear dey catch me on behalf of the people wey wan go there go find job or do business.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mystery22: 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2022
Offpointng:
Anywhere else is better than Nigeria, I just want to japa from Nigeria by any means possible, Nigeria is hell bla bla. na dem be this o and until you japa that japa wey dey hungry you go you won't know how Blessed Nigeria is

I love my country so much nobody can convince me on why any country is better than Nigeria when it comes to standard of living. I've visited UK once and I'm glad it wasn't japa that opened my eyes as to how abroad really is, I'm sure I would have been regretting like Segun is atm

From Today, Any Nigerian who curses Nigeria remain cursed and the curses extending to his/her family and same goes to those that Bless her
you are very useless,that is all you can put out there
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Offpointng: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2022
mystery22:
you are very useless,that is all you can put out there

You're more useless cause you're cursed

Next
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Sirchiboy: 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
Antimarraige:
I wasn't talking to you either face your front oga ade
No mind the guy.
Boss please employ me in your company
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2022
frankadrian:

You sound more like a pervert than a medical doctor.

And even if you are, you won't get 1000 cedis medical job or other jobs in Ghana. Their own people no get am, na you with your this your reasoning. Lol. By the time you come back, you would have sold that your medical degrees certificate to eat.

You want to relocate, and you aren't even asking the right questions. I hope this 1987 in your moniker is not your year of birth, cos that just means there's no remedy.

Your father is a fool that's why you're a suffering pathetic.

Even a baboon has more chances of fucking a woman than you do.

Do your miserable life a favor by using a noose as an improvised neckchain...

Oloriburuku...
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2022
Eaglesence:

Ni bo niyen?

Thats how you loose your blessings

Baba ati Iya e lo ma loose blessings.

Oloriburuku...
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2022
Has he arrived Nigeria?

Angbakpa:

It is, I replaced the zero with letter O.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Eaglesence: 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
mediclife1987:

Baba ati Iya e lo ma loose blessings.

Oloriburuku...

Now it is clear to all where your problems lay. I got no time for your likes. Your can send some more insults. Back to sender ni gbogbo e ma jasi
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Eaglesence:

Now it is clear to all where your problems lay. I got no time for your likes. Your can send some more insults. Back to sender ni gbogbo e ma jasi

Babalaya eh! wink
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mystery22: 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2022
Offpointng:

You're more useless cause you're cursed

Next
Only cursed people like you reason this way
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Kelechi009: 9:59am On Jan 08, 2023
preciousmetals:
If you truly understand what is happening in Ghana now you can never say Ghana is better than Nigeria, the only thing people in Ghana are enjoying is light and security, Ghana economy have collapse and a lot of people are going through hard time, I have live in Ghana for 27 years, my wife is a Ghanaian, all my children including myself are all Ghana citizens, so let no one deceive you

Hi, I'm considering moving to Ghana very soon.

Please can you help me with a breakdown of cost of living in ACCRA to be specific? I'll love if the figures are in US Dollars, so I can properly convert it to any currency.

For example, Nigeria has two main cities. Lagos & Abuja, cost of living is different for both, in high brew areas and low brew areas. So I want that type of break down.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Kelechi009: 9:59am On Jan 08, 2023
Smack23:
[quote author=get a nice apartment in Accra Ghana contact via WhatsApp
+233571380490

How much does it cost?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by DatNaijaGuy: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
Yahoo Boy.
Hustle don tight.
Client no gree pay.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by good4all40: 6:52am On Jan 10, 2023
Kelechi009:

Hi, I'm considering moving to Ghana very soon.

Please can you help me with a breakdown of cost of living in ACCRA to be specific? I'll love if the figures are in US Dollars, so I can properly convert it to any currency.

For example, Nigeria has two main cities. Lagos & Abuja, cost of living is different for both, in high brew areas and low brew areas. So I want that type of break down.

Nigeria has two main cities are you for real?

So PH

Calabar

Enugu

Aba

Ibadan

etc are not main cities?

Continue...
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by BFWestAfrican: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2023
You can actually rent a studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom flat in Accra. Just contact Lizzy on WhatsApp with oo233 0593eight54363.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by XAUBulls: 3:55am On Feb 28, 2023
Ehismarkninetee:
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.

Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by XAUBulls: 4:14am On Feb 28, 2023
Ehismarkninetee:

Let me tell you the truth, if you intend to establish a business here. Have it in the back of your mind that there is the possibility that it might not work out. The truth is that Ghanaians nor like to spend the way we Nigerians like to.

Also, Ghanaians don’t patronize foreigners over their own people, only if you are married to them, they can patronize you. So my genuine advice is don’t make the mistake of starting a business in Ghana. It’s too risky

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement / Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri / Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.