Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana (55816 Views)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mayorkent(m): 9:41am On Oct 14, 2022
What kind of job where you doing before and after you came to the Ghana?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Aguiyimba(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.

Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.

Comrade to be a man it's not a day job
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by millionboi(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2022
osazsky:
Nigerians dont go there to do biz...na Yahoo guy way harder last ur but him nor use money well..cuz once money come,they spend it anyhow with the hope of getting more cash nxt week same with betting..I know a guy way win 17m today he dey beg us for 100 naira to stake another 17m.it is better to grow in wat than to come across wealth only for d wise
wait,you said 17M?is not possible nah
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Gotam: 9:50am On Oct 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
cocoa farming in my mom's hometown
sir I'm interested in cocoa farming too
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by ekwerendi(m): 10:08am On Oct 14, 2022
HRprof:

Your story is not complete, @ bolded what were You doing then to get the millions and what's the cause of your challenges that brought you back to ZERO.
Meanwhile, your Destiny is already in your hand. you can raise money by selling your iPhone 12 pro max then buy Nokia touch, then use the money to relocate back to Nigeria and start afresh, is good to learn in a hard way sometimes.

Yahoo nah,nah Wetin dey trend there
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by millionboi(m): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Illiterate like you have the biggest mouth the Zim dollar to the US dollar is about 380. Ghanaian cedi to the US dollar in about 11. Nigeria 21 is on the map of 750 you're illiterate mouth and start making noise up and down the place. Nigerian naira is one of the most worthless currency in the world even if you go to Benin Republic right now you find Nigerian naira shown at the side of the road like 5 or 10 Naira you can pick them from the side of the road in Benin Republic. At least electricity has gone up in Ghana and they have electricity in Nigeria you don't even have electricity at all but the price keeps on increasing you can see you are a total electric which chicken brain
shot up stop telling lies

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Tegabadguy(m): 10:14am On Oct 14, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.

Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.
grin grin grin grin that's good for you...... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed your cry
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by millionboi(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2022
Betterone:

That's a lie. Nobody can be successful in naija without moving abroad
you must be 15years old

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by folak48: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2022
inoki247:

Which Ghana u dey talk the one I know or another one....

Ghana was Exchanging Dollar at 6.5GHC as at Dec right now as at today they're exchanging there dollar at 11.6 GHC which kain Inflation be that....

You people will just come online and be reading about country experience am first u go sing song nobody go tell u....

Good morning inoki,
I have a business for you , I sent you a DM kindly respond.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2022
This is not a WhatsApp number

Angbakpa:

Pls and Pls.....let's chat on whatsapp
+2347o8o941879
Ah take God beg you.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Goodman247: 10:30am On Oct 14, 2022
Jamersirwin1971:

Na the yansh you dey after .. you go tire .. Ghanaian ladies naturally have bum bum . Their men don’t get freaked about it . When you reach here self after months e no go mean anything to you again . Because daily you see hundreds. What I love about them is that they are easy to talk to . Just say Hello Maame , she would wait and listen to what ever you have to say and if she’s not interested she would politely tell you and go .
while Nigeria girls will look you up and down and if they see that you cannot afford thier bills, them go waka leave you grin
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Arrogantbro(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2022
meobizy:
I still beat my chest to say millionaire no dey Nairaland. When OP was a millionaire last year, he never opened Nairaland for one day. Now he’s gone broke he’s a regular. Do with the knowledge whatever you want. Na who talk say him get Dangote contact from Nairaland dey find garri to soak for night pass.

Life na ups and downs. Poor people smile while the wealthy cry. As you find yourself wanting now doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy later. Without feasts, famines make no sense. Vice versa.
Are you for real? No millionaire on nairaland ? �
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Exceed15: 10:53am On Oct 14, 2022
Jamersirwin1971:

Even with electricity and security in ghana. Economically wise . Nigeria is better . First have you been to ghana before and stayed for 3-1 year ? If your answer is no . No Dey use watin you read online to dey reason the country . I am in ghana and have been here for 3 years . Even GLo Nigeria has ran away from here because of inflation .. Most companies are closing up . No be by light and security ... You need to come see how their own citizens self Dey japa comot

As least you can sleep with your eyes close. You can travel from point A to B without fear of kidnapping. That's enough for me bro. Other things are workable. Nigerians are not lazy.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by millionboi(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2022
Betterone:

Abroad is so good that even dangote has sell off his business in Nigeria and relocate abroad to be working as a shop attendant collecting $2k per month. Sit down there , don't go and sell your property to relocate soo gbo
you are nothing but a kid
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Kamerunpride(m): 11:00am On Oct 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today
What did you invest into?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2022
You said it all boss

Exceed15:

As least you can sleep with your eyes close. You can travel from point A to B without fear of kidnapping. That's enough for me bro. Other things are workable. Nigerians are not lazy.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Christian07(m): 11:22am On Oct 14, 2022
mediclife1987:

Nna meen.

Abeg nack me Tory naw. I never fvck Ghanaian babe before oh, and I go really like to fvck one meen.

Na only one Liberian babe I don fvck for Abuja one time laidat.

Her yansh black & soft fule-fule pass Amala I swear down!

The thing just dey do kpokolo-kpokolo....

I go really like sample Ghanaian babe meen, I don sample Cameroonian babe before atleast. Those ones na sex machines....

You fit use boat enter gh na
But you dey enjoy oo
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by deeplive1: 11:29am On Oct 14, 2022
The only thing I see in ur story is lack of planning... U where carried away with the money u made back then forgetting that money is a visitor... U didn't invest and spend wisely that is y... Hope u ve learnt ur lesson in a heard way...
Ehismarkninetee:

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2022
Christian07:

You fit use boat enter gh na
But you dey enjoy oo

Baba Cameroonian babes are the sweetest for me so far.

They actually love sex and are ashamed of it.

I give them 5* cos na them spoil me sotey I come Sabi follow woman talk with confidence.

Since then I no even dey regard woman again...na to fvck them be the only thing wey dey my mind anytime I see them.

Forget all those nonsense about friendship, even if it were real in the beginning, na nacking go still follow am eventually...

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Timiolutomi: 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
mediclife1987:

E mean sey you no dey yansh their babes be that na...

Nah you know wetin pursue you for house...
No be wetin I find come here be that.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Goodcitizen99(m): 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2022
staga:
As someone who lived in Ghana for two years, I can tell you straight up: most young Nigerians in Ghana are either committing internet fraud (males) or harloting (females).

The conditions set by the Ghanaian government to engage in legitimate business are stringent. Ordinary company registration as a foreigner is N1.4m equivalent. Not to talk of the famous guarantee money to do retail business that has caused a lot of problems for Nigerian traders in the hands of the Ghanaian traders union and the authorities.

To survive there, you must either be a remote worker (like myself), or you enter into a partnership with a local to set up a business (like one or two I know that are making serious money there), and cover your stay there with a not so transparent process that gives you legal stay.

The Ghanaian economy is liberalized in many aspects (such as petroleum products) and it is also a highly dollarized economy. Cost of rent, petroleum products, food, hotels is much higher than Nigeria. Ghana pays VAT of 17.5%.

Other than this, I don't know what anyone would be doing there as a Nigerian to make so much money and become penniless. Hallmarks of the karma that follows the criminal enterprise of internet fraud.
ur on point also u write really well bros, nice one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Warmaterial(m): 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2022
Anybody wey wan Japan should look far, no enter any African country for ur own gud oo, in Africa only south Africa is better than 9ja...
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Angbakpa(m): 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
businesshub101:
This is not a WhatsApp number

It is, I replaced the zero with letter O.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
I messaged you already
Angbakpa:

It is, I replaced the zero with letter O.
+2347080941879
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by dawndeal: 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2022
ceejayluv:

It's logical to say that for every hungry Ghanian, there are 5 Nigerian counterparts.
Ghana is a super shithole, a country where average rich man can not afford to buy tv in his house, if e manage get tv, it is as good as useless, they can never subscribe for Gotv, or dstv,they only depend on the free local networks that are super boring. A poor man in Nigeria is better than an average rich man in Ghana

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by dawndeal: 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2022
mediclife1987:

Meen, and me dey here dey trip for their big-bittocked, black yanshed babes...

Nna meen...make I give myself brain oh...
No try am, its unhygienic because they are very dirty looking and unkempt from their head to their toes, spits....Their gals always see our girls as models and beautiful

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today
what did you invest in pls?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2022
Antimarraige:
cocoa farming in my mom's hometown
what's the investment like pls. Did you buy a farm or you gave your money yo a cocoa merchant or what? Pls elucidate and help a brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Rrchrd(m): 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
wealthyhenry:

Woman.

I had my uni in Ghana, I know how cheap sex is over there.

Na woman finish him money, trust me.
Smile
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:

I appreciate all the responses. To answer the most asked questions as regard what am I doing here? I came to Ghana with the mind of establishing a business which I did. I opened a laundry and barbing shop in the same plaza. I faced so many challenges from Ghanaians and their government which later resulted to the folding up of the business. Now I need help to return back to Nigeria

Please before you opened any business in Ghana did you go through the proper channels and the law. The law of Ghana is the law of Ghana you cannot come to Ghana and want to do Petty trading, it is illegal for you to do barbershop in Ghana even if you want to go ahead you have to invest something like half a million US Dollar into the business. You cannot go there and start doing Petty trading. When Nigerian government close the land Borders for goods from other west African countries what happened we live in a world with laws you are very lucky they did not even throw you into jail in Ghana. If you were in Sa Botswana Namibia you will be in jail by now .
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Bro next time don’t open any business in Ghana except you’re an investor like UBA , dangote etc they will frustrate you.
You should have made a rich Ghanaian friend first,Who has a business to front for your business.
God will help you recover.
I know a Gabonese guy who wants to start photocopy , type writing, printing of documents and many more .
Still today that guy has been frustrated with tax and has collapsed.
Their laws are archaic and discriminatory.

Let me inform you one thing. Wait a foreign company comes to Nigeria how many millions do they ask for him. You cannot go to another country and want to do rubbish type of business or pet trading.. when Nigeria close is land borders to other African countries for good up to today but cannot come into the land borders so why do you not want to open a business in Ghana
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2022
Jamersirwin1971:

Even with electricity and security in ghana. Economically wise . Nigeria is better . First have you been to ghana before and stayed for 3-1 year ? If your answer is no . No Dey use watin you read online to dey reason the country . I am in ghana and have been here for 3 years . Even GLo Nigeria has ran away from here because of inflation .. Most companies are closing up . No be by light and security ... You need to come see how their own citizens self Dey japa comot

Ghana is 30 years in front of Nigeria. Nigeria is a nation of criminals

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos Of The Coffins Where 4 Nigerians To Be Killed In Indonesia Will Be Buried / Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement / Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.