Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana (55844 Views)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by DryMouth: 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2022
Antimarraige:
so wasting the money on shayo and women is better? Do you go into investment hoping to lose? Think twice oga
Why are you such a fool?
There are times were investment goes bad. Stop your useless shitty talk

6 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Angbakpa(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
businesshub101:
I’m Nigerian too, and I am based here in Ghana we all have our ups and down.

A lot of Nigerians are in Europe too who are facing hardship.

We also have a lot in nigeria who cannot pay rent.

Hold on to your God and Pray for a better day.

Bros Abeg... you say you dey Ghana?..I need you help, my younger brother don follow some guys go ghana now no Ghana number or account number to send him money to return home.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
So, someone had to send this disjointed gibberish up here?

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by oluxy(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.

Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.

But you did not tell us how you spent your monies when you have then and on what spent them.

What are you doing there in the first place etc

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by okoliobinna84(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
Antimarraige:
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today
Please in which business did you invested?

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Dajugba: 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2022
Interested persons can chat me

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2022
During covid 19 days alot of yahoo boys in my area made serious money, today all of them are selling their cars up and down, is only one of them that is really doing well today because he planned his money well, you made millions last year and you could not planned very well with it, clap for yourself man anyway good luck to you and make God show you the way,

The most difficult thing in life is know what to do that will make you prosper but there is answer to that.
Wish you well.

4 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Realguyman1(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.

Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.
Wetin u go do for Ghana? If na yahoo carry u go there, then u have no reason for creating this thread. Because u didn't indicate what u are doing in Ghana and many people wey I know wey go Ghana, na hk matter carry them go.

3 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by TheboyGhost(m): 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
Offpointng:
Anywhere else is better than Nigeria, I just want to japa from Nigeria by any means possible, Nigeria is hell bla bla. na dem be this o and until you japa that japa wey dey hungry you go you won't know how Blessed Nigeria is

I love my country so much nobody can convince me on why any country is better than Nigeria when it comes to standard of living. I've visited UK once and I'm glad it wasn't japa that opened my eyes as to how abroad really is, I'm sure I would have been regretting like Segun is atm

From Today, Any Nigerian who curses Nigeria remain cursed and the curses extending to his/her family and same goes to those that Bless her

Very Offpoint

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by jessylaurel(f): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:

Wait oh. You're were a millionaire one minute and now you can't pay rent. I don't understand. What exactly are you doing ( work)?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by alukstea(m): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2022
Anywhere can be heaven, everywhere can be Hell.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2022
Offpointng:
Anywhere else is better than Nigeria, I just want to japa from Nigeria by any means possible, Nigeria is hell bla bla. na dem be this o and until you japa that japa wey dey hungry you go you won't know how Blessed Nigeria is

I love my country so much nobody can convince me on why any country is better than Nigeria when it comes to standard of living. I've visited UK once and I'm glad it wasn't japa that opened my eyes as to how abroad really is, I'm sure I would have been regretting like Segun is atm

From Today, Any Nigerian who curses Nigeria remain cursed and the curses extending to his/her family and same goes to those that Bless her

Just shut up, just dey blab,never get passport self dey blab

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Spandau: 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
Antimarraige:
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today

Please can you intimate us on the kind of investment you delved into so we can learn a thing or two?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by jessylaurel(f): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
Antimarraige:

No be small thing. Tell us the investment abi business
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by inoki247: 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
Angbakpa:

Bros Abeg... you say you dey Ghana?..I need you help, my younger brother don follow some guys go ghana now no Ghana number or account number to send him money to return home.

Tell him to find the Nearest MoMo agent and follow the MoMo agent talk he will allow you send money to his Mobile money account if u see am convince...

I dey always giv my friend my mobile money to use most time....

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
osazsky:
Nigerians dont go there to do biz...na Yahoo guy way harder last ur but him nor use money well..cuz once money come,they spend it anyhow with the hope of getting more cash nxt week same with betting..I know a guy way win 17m today he dey beg us for 100 naira to stake another 17m.it is better to grow in wat than to come across wealth only for d wise
very well said before it was easy for Nigerians to do crime in Ghana South Africa Botswana and Namibia now it is extremely difficult because when you go for Resident permit even when you go for visa or to renew your old passport to a new one all your documents and information Nigerian Embassy and the passport office or the embassy of that country send your information to the police or the Intelligence agent for keeping which makes it extremely difficult for Nigerians to commit crying. I saw this in Ghana South Africa Botswana Namibia Zambia Malawi all the Nigerian cities countries their fingerprints are with the police officers and their bio-data are with the police officers so any crime they do immediately they're pissed up. Kenya Tanzania Malawi Mozambique it is now the same thing all Nigerians which entered the country their bio-data goes to police for further keeping

4 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Streetmovement(m): 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Go hard or go home
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Xpol: 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:

Let me tell you the truth, if you intend to establish a business here. Have it in the back of your mind that there is the possibility that it might not work out. The truth is that Ghanaians nor like to spend the way we Nigerians like to. Also, Ghanaians don’t patronize foreigners over their own people, only if you are married to them, they can patronize you. So my genuine advice is don’t make the mistake of starting a business in Ghana. It’s too risky
This is totally wrong, Base on personal experience Ghanaians love to patronize Nigerians even more than their own fellow Ghanaians. If it’s Handwork, they believe Nigerians know better, if it’s business, they believe Nigerians sell cheaper. One thing we don’t really know is we believe traveling abroad is automatic way to get money but location can be an advantage but doesn’t really determine making it in life. That’s why you see millionaires in the villages while some are struggling to eat two times per day in the cities. Investing in Accra needs close monitoring just like it is even in Nigeria, it’s not advisable to invest in any business you can’t personally manage.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by brandsoncharlie: 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
buchichris:
Hws Ghana in terms of business
My brother they're not doing well, exchange rate is sky rocketing against the USA dollars (11.45 cedis to a dollar covert it to naira)
Food prices highest in Africa as we speak.
Cost of electricity is 130 % increased recently to avoid collapse on their electricity sector.
Taxes for a start up is nothing to right home about, imagine paying for covid 19 tax and other unnecessary tax.

The economy has been downgraded by the international credit agency (FITCH) to CC .
The last thing you don't want to hear is there are on their way to IMF.
The economy is no longer in control by the government.
The worst performing currency in the world behind Zimbabwe.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Krismas(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
Antimarraige:
cocoa farming in my mom's hometown
grin Oga I like ur story. Hw do I also invest in this ur business?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by naijapikin2(m): 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
Thanks for this wonderful write up. It only goes to confirm one thing:

Ghana is "miles" ahead of nigeria.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
inoki247:
Lol nothing dey Ghana....

Na Country wey I get the permit and dem charge up $1000 na dollars dem dey colet again for country wey no dey spend dollars nd dey expect me to come b renewing that thing every year.....

For now infact no Country good pass Nigeria if u like deceive ursef....

You can be in Nigeria and things are not working u go still survive buh aw u wan take talk ur story for another man's land....

Nigeria is piece of shit. Tell me what is Nigeria a rotten dead dog. Ghana is the feature of west Africa and the economy call powerhouse Nigerians in Ghana are just suffering of poverty in the fourth stage.

Most of our people only support criminals

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by edungene7: 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
Itz foolishness to japa without a solid plan you are same as someone attempting suicide

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by emmyluizzz: 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
this one na Yahoo boy..I no dey advice or put mouth for this kind matter

3 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Akerele44(m): 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
Antimarraige:

When he told u that he met Davido u should have already know where he's spending all his money to

Clubbing
Women
Living in expensive apartment
No savings
No investments
Nothing nothing
Why won't u go broke

If someone has trillions and no income to it
The trillions would surely finish a day

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by luizpippo(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2022
For those who wants to JAPA, by all means go legally and hope and hustle for the best.

I have at least 6 close people who japa btw 2016 and now, their living conditions are better off mine.

I dey move soon. And my case cannot be bad.

6 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by LalastiklaIa(m): 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
Antimarraige:
Investment in bet9ja
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by inoki247: 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Nigeria is piece of shit. Tell me what is Nigeria a rotten dead dog. Ghana is the feature of west Africa and the economy call powerhouse Nigerians in Ghana are just suffering of poverty in the fourth stage.

Most of our people only support criminals

Which Ghana u dey talk the one I know or another one....

Ghana was Exchanging Dollar at 6.5GHC as at Dec right now as at today they're exchanging there dollar at 11.6 GHC which kain Inflation be that....

You people will just come online and be reading about country experience am first u go sing song nobody go tell u....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Krismas(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

My brother they're not doing well, exchange rate is sky rocketing against the USA dollars (11.45 cedis to a dollar covert it to naira)
Food prices highest in Africa as we speak.
Cost of electricity is 130 % increased recently to avoid collapse on their electricity sector.
Taxes for a start up is nothing to right home about, imagine paying for covid 19 tax and other unnecessary tax.

The economy has been downgraded by the international credit agency (FITCH) to CC .
The last thing you don't want to hear is there are on their way to IMF.
The economy is no longer in control by the government.
The worst performing currency in the world behind Zimbabwe.
grin Unbelievable! Why will FITCH down rate dem? Even Nigeria that’s neck deep in debts still has some form of credit worthiness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri / Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / 12 Thailand Kids And Their Coach Found Alive After 9 Days In The Cave(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.