Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana (55842 Views)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
Major7:

So you think using an iPhone 12pro mac is an achievement? You need help. How can you an adult be thinking like a child? With that money you used in purchasing that useless phone that can't fetch you more money, you could have been rich with a well informed idea to invest in. Shame on you to leave Nigeria with just an iPhone12 pro max as your achievement. Your village people they awaits your return

Don't look at the iPhone 12 Promax because it might have been stolen and you can get them for peanuts. The long and short of the story he went there to do crying and the tribe did not work out

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
Offpointng:
Anywhere else is better than Nigeria, I just want to japa from Nigeria by any means possible, Nigeria is hell bla bla. na dem be this o and until you japa that japa wey dey hungry you go you won't know how Blessed Nigeria is

I love my country so much nobody can convince me on why any country is better than Nigeria when it comes to standard of living. I've visited UK once and I'm glad it wasn't japa that opened my eyes as to how abroad really is, I'm sure I would have been regretting like Segun is atm

From Today, Any Nigerian who curses Nigeria remain cursed and the curses extending to his/her family and same goes to those that Bless her

Don't let anyone discourage you. #200k is enough to take you to USA to relocate. May you be able to relocate to USA and not come back to Nigeria again, Amen
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by obaaderemi: 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2022
DryMouth:

Why are you such a fool?
There are times were investment goes bad. Stop your useless shitty talk
He said he invested and made money. Why are you insulting him?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
jessylaurel:

Wait oh. You're were a millionaire one minute and now you can't pay rent. I don't understand. What exactly are you doing ( work)?

Maybe the police has closed his account and he cannot run to the bank because he committed in Legal activities so now he is broke and wants to come back home to continue his criminal activity
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by edosignature(m): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2022
I hope, wish & pray you find your feet back.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Krismas(m): 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
inoki247:

Which Ghana u dey talk the one I know or another one....

Ghana was Exchanging Dollar at 6.5GHC as at Dec right now as at today they're exchanging there dollar at 11.6 GHC which kain Inflation be that....

You people will just come online and be reading about country experience am first u go sing song nobody go tell u....
grin Its like u don’t know 1USD =720 Nigerian Naira?= 11GHC and u are complaining?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Xpol: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
buchichris:
Hws Ghana in terms of business
It depends on the type of business you want to do, but the cost of settling up business is like times 3 of naija, Accommodation too is more expensive, profit margin can also be times 2-3 of naija.
If your business will require renting a shop/office apartment, that’s also more expenses. My advice is if you really love to invest in Ghana don’t stay in Accra, go to one of the villages and invest in FARMING, with this I can assure you that you’ll never regret it. BUT do your homework and plan well before starting.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by inoki247: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

My brother they're not doing well, exchange rate is sky rocketing against the USA dollars (11.45 cedis to a dollar covert it to naira)
Food prices highest in Africa as we speak.
Cost of electricity is 130 % increased recently to avoid collapse on their electricity sector.
Taxes for a start up is nothing to right home about, imagine paying for covid 19 tax and other unnecessary tax.

The economy has been downgraded by the international credit agency (FITCH) to CC .
The last thing you don't want to hear is there are on their way to IMF.
The economy is no longer in control by the government.
The worst performing currency in the world behind Zimbabwe.

Na people wey neva experience the country dey talk Jargons the same Dollar I was exchanging at 6.5 Ghc around November to December as at today na 11.6...

We neva talk about fuel oh people just come online and start talking rubbish go dere first and experience the country nobody go tell u before e clear for ur eyes....

7 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Sweetvie: 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
Your story is not complete coz for me to judge ghana u will have to tell us the business you're into and how u spend millions in a blink of eyes. smiley
Anyway, it's better to come back home where you got family that can help smiley

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Pat081: 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
You don't tell us the full story or you dont copy it well enough

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Starz825(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
Arry110:
Una go dey talk investment like bad investments don’t happen, or unforeseen circumstances can’t occur and 4k your investment up, most times it’s even better to even save
You dey mind people...
He fit dey lie like that

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by BlackyOne: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2022
You were a millionaire once, you upgraded from iphone 7 to iphone 12 pro max just like that, you even met davido in person, I'm guessing in a club where you went to ball hard on top your small million.

You didn't tell us if you invested in a business or acquired a skill during your happy time or what happened to the source of your income during your days of balling!

I pray you find your feet and your finances improve legitimately, and you become wise from these experience
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Babafrayol23: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2022
Maga no pay again better do ritual

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by inoki247: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2022
Krismas:
grin Its like u don’t know 1USD =720 Nigerian Naira?= 11GHC and u are complaining?

When I was exchanging something for 6. something before and it keeps jumping everyday....

U think that 11GHC is easy to earn experience the Ghana first and come update me nobody will tell u before u know Nigeria is better even derr Petrol is 10GhC range per liter that's like 700 naira..

11 GHC is like 800naira to 850... So dere dollar cost pass our own na Cefa still dey try lately dat one still dey du strong head....

9 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

My brother they're not doing well, exchange rate is sky rocketing against the USA dollars (11.45 cedis to a dollar covert it to naira)
Cost of electricity is 130 % increased recently to avoid collapse on their electricity sector.
Taxes for a start up is nothing to right home about, imagine paying for covid 19 tax and other unnecessary tax.

The economy has been downgraded by the international credit agency (FITCH) to CC .

Illiterate like you have the biggest mouth the Zim dollar to the US dollar is about 380. Ghanaian cedi to the US dollar in about 11. Nigeria 21 is on the map of 750 you're illiterate mouth and start making noise up and down the place. Nigerian naira is one of the most worthless currency in the world even if you go to Benin Republic right now you find Nigerian naira shown at the side of the road like 5 or 10 Naira you can pick them from the side of the road in Benin Republic. At least electricity has gone up in Ghana and they have electricity in Nigeria you don't even have electricity at all but the price keeps on increasing you can see you are a total electric which chicken brain
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Exceed15: 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
These two ( electricity & security) u mentioned as just ..are what makes a country great economically and developmental wise. Therefore Ghana is better than Nigeria. God bless Ghana. I m a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
inoki247:

Which Ghana u dey talk the one I know or another one....

Ghana was Exchanging Dollar at 6.5GHC as at Dec right now as at today they're exchanging there dollar at 11.6 GHC which kain Inflation be that....

You people will just come online and be reading about country experience am first u go sing song nobody go tell u....

Let me tell you what about Nigeria about 67 years ago the Naira was 120 to the dollar today the Naira is 750 what type of poverty inflation is this with more than 600% devaluation in less than 10 years look at yourself illiterate before you open your mouth and look at another African country.
I have been to Ghana and I have stayed in Ghana for a long time and I have been to 18 African countries all the African countries in southern Africa 50% of the African countries in Central Africa and 30% of the African countries in East Africa I have been to

Nigerian situation is 100% weight than any other African country in the world 90% of Nigerian women live in the country are into prostitution

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by RenaissanceGuy: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2022
Looks like the OP went to do yahoo in Ghana. Well, the truth is that there's no where you're that can shield you from the punishment for criminal activities. It's always just a matter of time. Ask Hushpuppi.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by sync(f): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2022
What a contradictory post
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by inoki247: 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Let me tell you what about Nigeria about 67 years ago the Naira was 120 to the dollar today the Naira is 750 what type of poverty inflation is this with more than 600% devaluation in less than 10 years look at yourself illiterate before you open your mouth and look at another African country.
I have been to Ghana and I have stayed in Ghana for a long time and I have been to 18 African countries all the African countries in southern Africa 50% of the African countries in Central Africa and 30% of the African countries in East Africa I have been to

Nigerian situation is 100% weight than any other African country in the world 90% of Nigerian women live in the country are into prostitution

You people ar not getting if you say Nigeria is worst Ghana isn't an option cause dere worst nobody understand again dere Govt is clueless right now the way dere Dollar dey jump nobody understand again....

Derr fuel also is around 10GHC that's like 700naira to 750..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by GeneralDae2: 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Soon many countries in Africa would take advantage of various forms of IMF programs. Nigeria would most likely not do that but with the recent damage from the floods especially to farms across the country, we may consider.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Untube: 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
Offpointng:
Anywhere else is better than Nigeria, I just want to japa from Nigeria by any means possible, Nigeria is hell bla bla. na dem be this o and until you japa that japa wey dey hungry you go you won't know how Blessed Nigeria is

I love my country so much nobody can convince me on why any country is better than Nigeria when it comes to standard of living. I've visited UK once and I'm glad it wasn't japa that opened my eyes as to how abroad really is, I'm sure I would have been regretting like Segun is atm

From Today, Any Nigerian who curses Nigeria remain cursed and the curses extending to his/her family and same goes to those that Bless her

I don't see any bad thing in Japa, but if you to Japa, have a good skill. I don't also support cursing our dear country, let's be positive about our motherland coz we don't any where to call home except Nigeria.

Also, let's ask him the nature of his job in Ghana.. from his analysis, he don't have any reasonable thing doing in Ghana. He should come back to Nigeria or learn a skill over there and be useful. I think it's time we start telling ourselves the truth and stand on the truth ��

3 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2022
Krismas:

You don't know Nigeria's problem illiteracy and coconut water head they believe they are the best black they believe they are the most educated black in reality they are a bunch of criminals with coconut heads.

1 US Dollar if you want to buy it at the Board is it 750 naira to a dollar

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2022
Betterone:

Exactly. Leave Nigeria bro. Move to Canada. May you leave Nigeria and not be able to think about returning. You'll stay long in Canada,get old, survive under cold, lonely, lot of money and die there when you reach like 125yrs

Can you explain to me at the moment I am not in Nigeria I am in Brazil. What is Nigeria if it is not a piece of shit

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by HomoSapiien: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
WIZGUY69:
Werey client no pay am again grin

You don get am. As Benefit no dey go again. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by GENES11S: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
alizma:

The question is what did you do with the millions of last year? I hear say women with big and round buttock with pointed breast full that side, Hope is not what I am thinking?
Baba which kind Vawulence you wan start like this? grin grin grin grin
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2022
Xpol:
It depends on the type of business you want to do, but the cost of settling up business is like times 3 of naija, Accommodation too is more expensive, profit margin can also be times 2-3 of naija.
If your business will require renting a shop/office apartment, that’s also more expenses. My advice is if you really love to invest in Ghana don’t stay in Accra, go to one of the villages and invest in FARMING, with this I can assure you that you’ll never regret it. BUT do your homework and plan well before starting.

Because of the high level of Crime of Nigerian citizen it is very difficult to invest even in famine and other businesses in the village because you need to go through the Investment promotion council and gipc which is half a million u.s. dollar up-front. This figure was put in place so that Nigerians do not just come to Ghana and stop committing a horrible crime voting for criminals supporting criminals and wanting a criminal to lead them in a foreign man's land

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by dawndeal: 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ghana is poorer than Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by sammy9244(m): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2022
Antimarraige:
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today

Abeg watin you invest in

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement / Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri / Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.