Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship (3513 Views)

Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now / My 14-Year-Old Sister Plans To Send Nude Pictures To 27-Year-Old Facebook Friend / My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by LalastiklaIa(m): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2022
LawMan44:
HELP, I'M FRIGHTENED AND FEELING EMPTY AND DEPRESSED.

Hmmn you go dey alright. Many are in your condition. I was or may am still in your situation. After raising alarm so many times they either say I should not blame anybody or stop complaining and go out and mingle lol grin.

After several trials. I stopped reaching out. Now I dey my dey and I expect everyone to dey their dey because to be honest nobody really gives a fvck or cares. Just live life and grab any enjoyment you can and maybe believe and pray to God even if it seems He's not replying. it would soon be over. Death would come by itself don't fast forward it or rewind it. Just live life

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by BlessedJonMoss: 9:07am On Oct 12, 2022
jeromestarks:

Thank God you said "hardly".
Nothing good comes easy. Better to go through the "hardly " and have an easy (peaceful) married life than to get the easy (non virgin) and have a terrible married life like many men are currently having today.
Imagine the torment the man who will marry the op's sister will face after the boyfriend is done with her. God forbid!

Believe it or not, there are virgins at 22 in Nigeria; not every girl is a slut.

At first you sounded like some one with a brain, then all of a sudden your stup!d!ty overpowered your 30 seconds of sense in a day. @Bolden, na wetin go happen to all ya female relatives marriage be dat.

jeromestarks:
There is nothing anyone here would say that will save that girl from heartache if the boyfriend is less than 27.
There is nothing the op can do to stop her from destruction if the boy is less than 27.

There is no magic and no angel that will save that girl if the guy is less than 27.

So guys, keep your advice!
She's gone!

Okay, we get it. You are 27, lonely, broke and depressed. You need help.

1 Like

Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by jeromestarks: 9:08am On Oct 12, 2022
BlessedJonMoss:

At first you sounded like some one with a brain, then all of a sudden your stup!d!ty overpowered your 30 seconds of sense in a day. @Bolden, na wetin go happen to all ya female relatives marriage be dat.

Okay, we get it. You are 27, lonely, broke and depressed. You need help.
The truth is bitter.
Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 12, 2022
Is there anything you can do other than to give her sex education at this point? She even started late. 12-year-olds had boyfriends back then in secondary school. The age should have reduced now.
Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by ukaface(f): 10:29am On Oct 12, 2022
BlessedJonMoss:
So my kid sis who is just nineteen told me she had some gist for me. I quickly suspended all I was doing to hear the gist my 'first lady', as I fondly call her, has for me.

Lo and behold she said "bro I now have a boyfriend, I'm in a relationship"

I wasn't in any way surprised to hear this, as I've always suspected she has one from the myriad of boys that call her. I expected her to tell me herself whenever she was ready, and I am glad she found the courage and aso trust me enough to open up to me.

After breaking the gist, she asked for my advice to her. I told her I was busy and had to return to work, that we'll talk later.

So please good people of Nairaland, what advice would you give to a nineteen year old starting her very first relationship?

I don't want her to get hurt by any mofo, nor do I want her to be a leech anybody's son.

You advice pls....
Thank God you know say Nigerian guys be Mofo.
It's normal for her to be attracted to a guy, she's 19.
Just tell her stuffs that guys do, so that she won't love with her heart but with her head. She should be able to sieve deceit from truth ( even though it can be hard with those mofos)
Advice her to always use Condom
Make she no act like say Na only her dey the guy life, so that when the breakfast is served she no go too cry.
She shouldn't spend the night In his house, and shouldn't cook or wash for him.
And if any of his friends should call her ' our wife' make she slap am or shush the idiot up.
She should keep her head in the GAME, cos no be love Na business transaction.

God! I wish I have a younger sister.
Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by BlessedJonMoss: 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
ukaface:
Thank God you know say Nigerian guys be Mofo.
It's normal for her to be attracted to a guy, she's 19.
Just tell her stuffs that guys do, so that she won't love with her heart but with her head. She should be able to sieve deceit from truth ( even though it can be hard with those mofos)
Advice her to always use Condom
Make she no act like say Na only her dey the guy life, so that when the breakfast is served she no go too cry.
She shouldn't spend the night In his house, and shouldn't cook or wash for him.
And if any of his friends should call her ' our wife' make she slap am or shush the idiot up.
She should keep her head in the GAME, cos no be love Na business transaction.

God! I wish I have a younger sister.

Thanks for your wonderful advice, it's very much appreciated.

Actually, not all guys are mofos, lol. The ones who intentionally hurt ladies are.

And I'd be glad to share my younger sis with you, if you don't mind. wink

1 Like

Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by emerged01(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2022
There is no way you can ever stop her from having boyfriend. Just tell her all she needs to know about sex education; abstinence and protection.
Have it in mind there is little you can say to that lady. If I were you I will pretend that I'm happy for her. Make her comfortable with you so that she can always open up to you and if you are a soji guy you will definitely have your way of guiding her steps.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by Paulianfa(m): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
Sweetplum:

Tell her to keep her virginity at all cost.
Maybe she ll not learn the hard way.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Before she even opened up to her bro, the dude don finished all the styles in the market.
The boys are smarter this days...

1 Like

Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by Paulianfa(m): 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2022
At 19 she is over ripe, hmmmm nothing to advice here just tell her to be careful because at this point in time, she is madly in love.

1 Like

Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by aisha1314(f): 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Advice her
1) not to lose focus on her studies because of the relationship.
2) if she wants to have sex with him use condoms to prevent disease and contraceptives to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
3) also talk to her about what a healthy relationship looks like.

1 Like

Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by spiralwedge(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
Zonefree:

That your first lady is over ripe for marriage not just relationship.

hahahahaha grin grin

classic
Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
My soon to turn 18 years old cousin asked me the same question about relationships few days again and seeing this thread now made me recollect on the things I told her.

Firstly, never make the mistake of telling her what to do as this will only push her to do that just so she can find out herself if the said thing is true.

Now, here's precisely what I told my cousin hoping that it'll give you a little insight. I'm assuming she's pretty so at this age, lots of guys will be coming for her both the good ones and the bad ones but the only thing that'll help her seive the bad ones or have the good ones is by not giving her heart to anyone. Yes! That's what I told my cousin and I hope she learns.

Keep her virginity intact and only for marriage. If she can, let her find a worthy man and settle down before turning 24 (she'll be having plenty of suitors along these age bracket).

But I doubt she'll heed to the advice coz most of them just want to try out things and in their voices 'have fun". Whichever one, just do your part, if she's sensible enough, she'll understand. If not, experience will teach her better. Either way, you did your best.
Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by Silentgroper(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
emerged01:
There is no way you can ever stop her from having boyfriend. Just tell her all she needs to know about sex education; abstinence and protection.
Have it in mind there is little you can say to that lady. If I were you I will pretend that I'm happy for her. Make her comfortable with you so that she can always open up to you and if you are a soji guy you will definitely have your way of guiding her steps.
this is how i am with my female cousin.. If she as much have a crush on a guy, she go run come tell me..
Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by emerged01(m): 5:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
Silentgroper:
this is how i am with my female cousin.. If she as much have a crush on a guy, she go run come tell me..
Every female I get close to feel comfortable around me and open up everything about them to me. I guide them in the best way I can.
Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 14, 2022
aisha1314:
Advice her
1) not to lose focus on her studies because of the relationship.
2) if she wants to have sex with him use condoms to prevent disease and contraceptives to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
3) also talk to her about what a healthy relationship looks like.
u ignored my mention for fk sake. say something even if its no it will be better than just ignoring me
Re: Help! My 19 Year Old Sister Is In A Relationship by Nicepoker(m): 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
Sweetplum:

Tell her to keep her virginity at all cost.
Maybe she ll not learn the hard way.
which useless virginity. 1st relationship after numerous intercourse. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of Queen Hembadoon Atir She's A Wanted Scammer (PIX) / Have You Ever Had A Menage A Trois? My Experiences Were Too Crazy To Believe. / My Sweet Heart 's' Dumped Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.