Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,627 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction (24453 Views)

Erosion Menace: Enugu-onitsha Road About To Cut Off / Many Passengers Killed In Accident On Enugu/Onitsha Road (Graphic Photos) / Trailer Crushes Man's Car On Enugu-Onitsha Road. He Survives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by padi94(m): 8:56am On Oct 13, 2022
Allison012:
Why give telecommunication company road to construct.?

When did MTN turned into a construction company?

It's not for MTN to construct the road but to finance the construction of the road... Julius Berger may be the one to do it or any other company.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Lionnation: 8:59am On Oct 13, 2022
obyrich:
MTN will take over the financing under the RITC scheme not the physical road construction. RCC is the company handling the project under
supervision of the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing.
most you answer every kindagatten nonentity that commented base on the size of their brain,
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by bhella10: 9:01am On Oct 13, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're right. It is something that personally frightens and worries me to death. How can we grow a productive and successful nation with a largely ignorant youth class mainly into frivolities alone?

Next they are demanding political power yet they do not know much beyond the drama between Davido's baby mamas. Lol. We are fcked. Literally.
Yet they are clamouring for a 'Youth' president in Obi a 60 year old political prostitute. Whose tenor is filled with unsavoury records. I'm not against a SE president but Obi is not it. Umahi would do a better job.
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by BigBashiru: 9:03am On Oct 13, 2022
livinbygrace:

Bad belle,is it not better than to leave the road in such a deplorable state ?Make Una try Dey commend the government once Dey do good

They can never commend the government....its in their nature to always say how bad Nigeria is and endless complaint of "bad leaders".....
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by lawallawal86(m): 9:07am On Oct 13, 2022
Cover your face boy , basket cover your brain go school you no go nw you come they tall rubbish's
loosecanon50:
Nigerian government, shame on you people.

Kudos to MTN
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Mom007(f): 9:08am On Oct 13, 2022
asanausana91:
oshodi and obajana roads were constructed by dangote. Always try to get your information right before opening mouth anyhow.
Shut your mediocre mouth there. If he constructed oshodi and obajana roads nko? What about Ibeshe, papalanto and other roads in Ogun state? What about the roads in kogi? Edo nko? When will you people stop being satisfied with the crumbs they consistently use to blind and bribe you and begin to demand your rights? So because he did 2 roads in a country with thousands of roads in Nigeria which his goods laden trucks ply and deteriorate daily, I should clap for him or what?
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Germi9: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2022
Allison012:

You don’t read and that has always been your problem
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Germi9: 9:11am On Oct 13, 2022
loosecanon50:
Nigerian government, shame on you people.

Kudos to MTN
You think its free? Try dey read na
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Thazard(m): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2022
adioolayi:
Personally for me, asking tax paying organisations to use the tax they are to pay FGN over a period of time to build roads and other infrastructures is an excellent move by the President Buhari's administration...

Apapa-Oshodi-Oworonsoki-Ojota expressway constructed by Dangote under this initiative is a very good, durable expressway...constructed with cement.

Imagine Dangote paying this Tax into FGN purse...it would have been shared and embezzled as usual.

For me...I give President Buhari kudos on this.
Makes sense 100%!
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by djkaneo(m): 9:17am On Oct 13, 2022
Henix:
That Enugu-Onitsha express road has been a death trap for so many years. It's quite unfortunate that PDP couldn't reward South East's loyalty with that road during their administration.

Senator Ekweremadu, the famous UK organ harvester, also couldn't use his position as DSP to press the PDP government to do the road for his people. He was only after his selfish interest, and how to induce and exploit a poor boy in UK for his overfed daughter.

All the federal roads in South East are in deplorable condition. Onitsha-Owerri is currently a nightmare for commuters, especially whenever it rains.

Which Onitsha- Owerri? Stop misinforming people.
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by grandstar(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2022
Allison012:

Did you read the article?
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Henix(m): 9:20am On Oct 13, 2022
djkaneo:

Which Onitsha- Owerri? Stop misinforming people.

When last did u ply Onitsha-Owerri road while it's raining? I spent not less than 7 hours on a particular section of that Onitsha-Owerri road the last time I went to Anambra

Pray u don't meet rain while on that road
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by kwasoly(m): 9:25am On Oct 13, 2022
PDPGuy:

https://www.thecable.ng/fec-approves-mtns-takeover-of-n202bn-enugu-onitsha-road-construction/amp

Make mtn use this opportunity finish my remaining data and airtime to meet up.
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by LadyExcellency: 9:28am On Oct 13, 2022
Thank goodness for the change of policy. I remember vividly that Buhari mandated all international partners and cooperation to focus their developmental projects, and infrastructures in Northern Nigeria immediately after he took office.

Nice move. Bravo MTN and FEC
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by ajayiopy: 9:40am On Oct 13, 2022
Allison012:

THEY FINANCE THE PROJECT INSTEAD OF PAYING TAX TO FG.
THERE SOME SHADY CALCULATION BUT IT IS BETTER THAN NONE
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by cooooooks(m): 9:51am On Oct 13, 2022
I support this. This cuts off the middle men, who will then ensure that MTN builds a correct road.
I hope they also include road maintenance for 10 - 20 years in the contract.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Allison012: 9:55am On Oct 13, 2022
grandstar:

Did you read the article?
I just read the heading and slept off.
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by asanausana91: 9:59am On Oct 13, 2022
Mom007:

Shut your mediocre mouth there. If he constructed oshodi and obajana roads nko? What about Ibeshe, papalanto and other roads in Ogun state? What about the roads in kogi? Edo nko? When will you people stop being satisfied with the crumbs they consistently use to blind and bribe you and begin to demand your rights? So because he did 2 roads in a country with thousands of roads in Nigeria which his goods laden trucks ply and deteriorate daily, I should clap for him or what?
I don't reply your types bye......
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Ezmans: 10:05am On Oct 13, 2022
ecolime:

They will finance it just the way Dangote financed the Mile 2- Apapa expressway in return for tax reliefs.

I support this idea 100%
after 7 years plus APC is still speaking grammar on this road, from Delta to Edo is the worst
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Skyehigher1: 10:07am On Oct 13, 2022
Thank you Mr president God bless you for this great job and ppp
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Missionaire: 10:10am On Oct 13, 2022
kingsways:
Pls use same scheme to fix Port Harcourt to Aba federal High Way. That road is a shame

In fact I think Governors Wike and Okezie Ikpeazu should have channelled the energy they are using to fight Atiku to jointly construct that important road

How can a state government construct a federal road oga?
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by grandstar(m): 10:35am On Oct 13, 2022
Allison012:
I just read the heading and slept off.

grin grin grin

It's all good
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Nonywendy(m): 10:41am On Oct 13, 2022
Allison012:

my friend read well before u comment. I guess u dint read d news
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by bobbybrown007: 10:51am On Oct 13, 2022
So they will put toll gate for us to start paying for the road Abi.
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by professore(m): 11:18am On Oct 13, 2022
I like this.
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Kennyfancy(m): 11:22am On Oct 13, 2022
Allison012:

try and read then understand
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Winning123: 11:26am On Oct 13, 2022
Thank you for educating him. Dangote is also working on the Ilaro to Papalanto right to Sagamu exchange

asanausana91:
oshodi and obajana roads were constructed by dangote. Always try to get your information right before opening mouth anyhow.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by Mom007(f): 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
asanausana91:
I don't reply your types bye......
What type is that exactly? You had no qualms jumping under my comment to type rubbish when you thought I wouldn't reply you, now you see I have your size, you suddenly cannot reply... undecided
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by 0fodirinwa: 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Onitsha-Enugu highway
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by observanc1: 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
kingsways:
Pls use same scheme to fix Port Harcourt to Aba federal High Way. That road is a shame

In fact I think Governors Wike and Okezie Ikpeazu should have channelled the energy they are using to fight Atiku to jointly construct that important road
Wike's end of the road is good. It's actually the whole of the Enugu-PH expressway, so the governors of Abia, Imo and Enugu should jointly reconstruct it as FG will never do.
Re: MTN To Takeover ₦202 Billion Enugu-Onitsha Road Construction by 9japride(m): 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
asanausana91:
nothing will please ipob except blood. Continue the hating, that is what you are born to do.
[color=#006600][/color]

What are you even saying? I thought you guys said federal government have completed the road? So road are they about to do again? Abi you guys are tired of trolling south east again open the common wealth of everyone that someone is acting as if yo say it's a privilege to do roads again. Government must do the road it's not an option.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Assault Of Nigerian Passengers At Togo Airport: Minister, Envoy Intervene / Pictures From My First Boat Cruise Experience / How's Life For Nigerians In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.