Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree (48576 Views)

Lightning Strike Kills Referee During Football Match In Niger State (Photos) / Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling 80-year-old Tree In I / Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
A chest-beater who worships money has now become a sacrificial lamb for a tree.
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by seunak2016: 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
Patriotsleague:

cheesy
read about THIRD EYE CHAKRA kid then you know that you can see little with your ordinary eyes.
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Mrsoft3(m): 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2022
phoneport:
It seems there is more to incidents like this than meets the eyes, always from Ondo.

Can people truly invoke thunder to do their biddens?

life is spiritual, there are spiritual beings roaming about and some staying in places we can never imagine. you need spiritual intteligence and not just scientific story

3 Likes

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by teejay29(m): 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
Patriotsleague:
The electrical energy (static electricity), created when the chain saw slices through the wood reacted quickly with the natural lightening electricity. He got blown out by high voltage.
you are very correct, and maybe he was cutting during rainfall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Patriotsleague:
The electrical energy (static electricity), created when the chain saw slices through the wood reacted quickly with the natural lightening electricity. He got blown out by high voltage.
Science Student not everything science can explain .... abi can you explain how you are growing or aging. Thunder no come see where e go strike but on Shosho ..
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by TheBorgias: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mrkrobz:

“We were shocked and we could comprehend the mystery of the thunder strike. We know from the way the man was killed that it was not ordinary.”

Must superstition be attached to everything
It could just have been another mere coincidence.
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by jrusky(m): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2022
But why is it that my people from SE don't like respect other people culture and belief?

Pls how is 80 years old mysteery tree in Yoruba land now your headache an indigene of SE, pls tell me how? Now you dare them and thunder fired you to death next time mind your business.

Sorry I have no rest in peace for any disrespectful mofo. Mind your business.
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by showafrica(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
phoneport:
It seems there is more to incidents like this than meets the eyes, always from Ondo.

Someone need to do that research but scientifically, the tree could be the tallest conductor around the area and attracted the lightning to the chainsaw man

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by CUMIN: 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:
That tree is what we know as the iroko tree. There are cities, houses, roads, factories, schools, hospitals...etc. inside the tree, so for him to just think he could cut it down without any form of protection or fortification, he clearly was deluded.

This I have seen.

He could have planted dynamite and blow the tree to pieces.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Tshae: 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2022
This world is full of mystery.
By the way, the word "Chainsaw Operator".
They used to call them "lumberjacks", now referred to as "loggers".

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by mrksquare: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2022
phoneport:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/lightning-kills-chainsaw-operator-while-cutting-80-yr-old-tree-in-ondo/amp/

That tree could be someone's Chi. If not what could possibly account for the mysterious lightening that struck the chainsaw operator just when he attempted to fell the tree?
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Bjteensdes24: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
☹️
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by onlyboyson(m): 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2022
80 years tree and you wan cut
You no ask questions

Una don forget culture
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Sirchef: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
Lightning nor see babu
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by TruthHurts100: 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
You sef go cut 80years old tree. Aláṣeju
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by fitjenzy: 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
I'm from Ondo and it's a common practice to cut down people's trees illegally if no permission is given.

The owner at that juncture has no choice but to accept compensation.
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by HardBishop: 2:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
tunjiajayi:
The shosho guy was from the east. As usual na the money enter him eye. Even as the tree cutting was illegal as narrated in the story and I am sure he must have been warned and chided at the scene but NO!

Ode eshi with chest beating no gree am live long.

Smelly motherfucker
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Kobicove(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
Village people at work!
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by emerged01(m): 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2022
adecz:

His body is now going to serve as
Fertilizer for the increased growth of
the mysterious tree☹️☹️☹️
If one dont want to laugh in this kind of situation,you guys will just come out of nowhere and start tickling person.
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by stanliwise(m): 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
seunak2016:
if you stay in South West, don't dare some shit otherwise you pay the consequences.

have you seen a situation where they cut the tree and the following day, they met the tree standing again with no sign of cutting it down previous day?
Any documentation or reference of this incident or it is just hear-say?
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by VULCAN(m): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
It will be a lack of imagination on your part to state that he wanted to cut down the tree because of money.

Try and expand your scope and don't limit the actions of others to only what you would do.

The chap more likely saw cutting that specific tree as a challenge since everyone was afraid of doing so.

Only a person who takes up challenges will understand his rationale. Others who avoid challenges will not.

RIP to the dead.

tunjiajayi:
The shosho guy was from the east. As usual na the money enter him eye. Even as the tree cutting was illegal as narrated in the story and I am sure he must have been warned and chided at the scene but NO!

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by brandsoncharlie: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mrkrobz:

“We were shocked and we could comprehend the mystery of the thunder strike. We know from the way the man was killed that it was not ordinary.”

Funny guy what killed him then. Can you explain the science behind his death?
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by meobizy(f): 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2022
Don’t work under rainy conditions, jackeys no go gree. Last last, work don carry person enter grave.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Coldie(m): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2022
How do they know he was killed by lightning? Did they do an autopsy on his body? We’re they there?
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Freddo99(m): 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
phoneport:

There is mystery behind the trees existence long ago and people refuse to acknowledge that. Now that it happens like that no one will dare this tree again.

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by VULCAN(m): 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2022
Stop being childish

Are both scenarios the same

id4sho:

Eeeh, fly a kite with key attached during lightning

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by CSTRR: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2022
I have never seen a people more fetish than the yorubas.
Just pass the streets of yorubaland early in the morning and everywhere is sacrifices and corn.

If you are not certain that your anointing is high enough to call down angelic assistance at any time, don't pass your boundary there.

They will just waste you.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Jackbaur88: 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
I have seen a tree erupted in fire and uprooted completely and fell to the ground in Oyo state.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Elzakzaky: 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mrkrobz:

You have a good point. Why not volunteer to go and hack down the tree

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by etrange: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
tunjiajayi:

He was just a paid operator called to cut down a tree. He was doing his job. But you guys will always find a way to make everything tribalistic. It's even possible his the client specifically gave him the job because he's not from there, and therefore, didn't know the history of the tree.
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by Desusi: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mrkrobz:

The same question the victim of this incident may be asking before he traveled by fire to the journey of no return. Why always inquisitive of every thing?You have no Christ and you're bragging? This is an avoidable death. Please, let others learned.
Re: Lightning Strikes Chainsaw Operator To Death While Felling Ondo 80-Year-Old Tree by viodemus: 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2022
everything for nigeria na to put fear.

what kind of chainsaw is that, was it corded or cordless. if it was corded, then maybe the machine wasn't properly grounded to the earth, and if it was cordless - what condition was it in? what size of battery does it use.

Now, dem go dey perform rubbish in the name of rites, just to put fear in the populace, and make the rites performers feel important, then later it will be that only the oba can cut tree.

So you are telling me that if nigeria has a war with say china or russia or other developed countries, and their tank reach that tree side, and for some reason they have to cut that tree, are you telling me that this will happen to them.

If dem show me the tree and give me a go ahead, I go cut that tree to size or pieces. I go even shred am join.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This A Fake Product (TEEM™) CONSUMER BEWARE / 2 Teenage Girls Sell Their Ovaries, Eggs, Organs For ₦‎100,000 Each In Ogun / Malaria And Genotype Any Link ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.