Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari (47478 Views)

Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour / Buhari Rejects National Assembly’s Debt Figures For States / Photos From President Buhari Interview With Arise TV That Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by emkz: 8:51am On Oct 14, 2022
JosephXavier:
When you have value and high standards, you can't be easily swayed by little things

How do you expect an international figure like Adichie to be on the same platform as Adamu Adamu, the current minister of Education, who is being honored while the Nigerian universities are on the 8 months strike

The national award has become a joke

No scientists were honored in the list, no doctor, no accountant, no lecturer, no engineer

Just politicians being honored for being affiliated with party politics

The national award is not a joke. Dr Stella Adadevoh was given a posthumous honour. TuFace, Teni and Kwam 1 were honoured. Several professors were honoured, among them scientists and engineers. Educationists too. Professor Biande who received GCON was a former Vice Chancellor of one of the Federal Universities in the North and DG of NIPSS, Kuru.

Please do some research before commenting on things, despite your hatred for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by dat9jaguy(m): 8:52am On Oct 14, 2022
Millimann:
One i.diot up there in a calling Chimamanda Adichie a bitch for declining the award.

Yes, she is a bitch to some, and a goddess to some like you. It is called choice and every human is entitled to their own.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by kestolove95(m): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2022
Am not surprised... A biafran
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by NJV: 8:56am On Oct 14, 2022
That's her cup of tea.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Heterodox(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2022
Try this with US government.

And you return to ashes.

Regardless of how far you've gone.

Even China will deal with you.

Dishonoring your nature is very bad.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Soulsymbol99: 8:58am On Oct 14, 2022
Person wey collect better award for Harvard wetin she wan use buhari award do. Abi u wan make her career get issue like anthony joshua undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Danisaint112(m): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2022
She did the right thing. Critics would always be critics. If she had collected the awards and still condemned Buhari critical would still be salivating over her matter.

Igbos are the only tribe that are blunt, strict and decisive in their actions. Very Straight forward people. They even go far as condemning their own in public to even serving them beating if they mess up.

That's why I would vote Peter Obi. The man that has been direct, bold and courageous in his doings.
When he says he would tackle Security heads on and decisively, trust me he means it.

He was responsible for kidnap kingpin, Evans, disappearing from Anambra state.

He did it in Anambra state so I see no reason why he can't do it in Nigeria. The Restructuring alone he proposed is one easy way to achieve that.

Vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.
Vote wisely my people...

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by telleyway: 9:01am On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:
Let that bitch take several seat back, who e help?
More intelligent and highly placed women like Okonjo Iweala and Aminat Muhammed were proud of the award. We don't want a politically motivated Obidient bitch ass and a mentally damaged feminist around our award.

Before you open your � condemning people's decision, try to know where they are coming from and what they stand on. Okonjo is a political figure hence, that award adds to her profile while the lady in question is don't really need that in her carrier.
People's decisions should be respected
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Corea4king(m): 9:02am On Oct 14, 2022
Nijablast:

Don't mind the werey Who she help sef, what's her contribution to our national unity and growth

Two idiots
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Cantonese: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2022
Dshocker:

Just tell yourself the truth, between the both of you, who is more intelligent?

Jokes apart, in all ramifications of life, omo this woman pass you.

Baba no vex say i just tell you the truth.

Do you think the fellow understands what it means to be intelligent?

And when you talk about life, has he started at all?

Olodos and NFAs take undue advantages of social media to abuse those who they would not even qualify as house helps in their homes.

You gave him the right response.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by ChukwuObe: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2022
MonkeyMods:
No well meaning Nigerian ought to have taken the award from this nonchalant, arrogant wicked president called Buhari.

Look at where Nigeria is presently.

This is where he brought us

Then he does award giveaway so as to delete his incompetence from the minds of the people.

Is all mind games

Cow president

That is not new. After all Achebe also rejected honour even from your hero Jonathan
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by okorogodwin4(m): 9:03am On Oct 14, 2022
It is her right to reject any award she owes anybody any apology
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:
More intelligent and highly placed women like Okonjo Iweala and Aminat Muhammed were proud of the award. We don't want a politically motivated Obidient bitch ass and a mentally damaged feminist around our award.
I hope you know you are not fit to even Carry her handbag. So stop displaying your foolishness in public
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by yemex04(m): 9:07am On Oct 14, 2022
JosephXavier:
When you have value and high standards, you can't be easily swayed by little things

How do you expect an international figure like Adichie to be on the same platform as Adamu Adamu, the current minister of Education, who is being honored while the Nigerian universities are on the 8 months strike

The national award has become a joke

No scientists were honored in the list, no doctor, no accountant, no lecturer, no engineer

Just politicians being honored for being affiliated with party politics

Is she more international than Okonjo Iweala DG of WTO & Amina Muhammed Dy Secretary General of the UN abi?
Agreed it is within her right to accept or reject any award from whomever but your theory about his so called international status as reason for rejection does not make sense when you considered the fact that individuals with far better international status proudly accepting same.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 9:08am On Oct 14, 2022
lhordspy:
Fortunately for her, she is very very lucky to be blessed with Knowledge by God.

But i don't like her as a person, i see her like an extremist, i consider her that. Always going overboard with everything.

Well, her choice - her Life.
If you had joined her in extremely demanding for good governance without fear or favor, maybe Nigeria would have been a better place for us all.
Dollar sold for 740 yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Torrgate(m): 9:09am On Oct 14, 2022
Exactly
emkz:

She didn't reject the honour from Buhari, she rejected it from Nigeria. I will like to hear her reasons.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by kingyakos: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Ten did not walk out on the president

Even if she walk out, is Buhari God?..
Didn't the scripture says when the righteous rule the people rejoice but when the wicked rule the people suffer.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:

Igbos could reject the award because the man they love to hate but if Buhari was giving out drugs, I bet they won't reject it.
Coming from someone who supports a man that takes more drugs than food. A man who destroyed his youthfulness with cocaine and heroin. A push and start presidential candidate that can't hold a pen firmly.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2022
[quote author=newnigerdelta1 post=117546393][/quote]Go and learn how to write a good sentence first.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Basicend: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2022
lhordspy:
Fortunately for her, she is very very lucky to be blessed with Knowledge by God.

But i don't like her as a person, i see her like an extremist, i consider her that. Always going overboard with everything.

Well, her choice - her Life.

If she is not extreme should not have been great in her field. .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by wolesmile(m): 9:19am On Oct 14, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Ten did not walk out on the president
I watched that video over and over and is still surprised people made a big issue out of nothing. There was nothing rude about it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Ykc2(m): 9:20am On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:
ok now you love ngozi iwela tomorrow you hate next if Peter join apc you will love her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Tinubuagbado: 9:20am On Oct 14, 2022
omenka:
She isn't the first, wouldn't be the last either.

Next.

Crying vagabond. Your neck pressing is just startiñg.

Useless and disgruntled buffoonic imp.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by favour32(m): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Nice one. Following the footsteps of his mentor, Prof Chinua Achebe!
.... following the footsteps of her...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by JosephXavier: 9:22am On Oct 14, 2022
yemex04:

Is she more international than Okonjo Iweala DG of WTO & Amina Muhammed Dy Secretary General of the UN abi?
Agreed it is within her right to accept or reject any award from whomever but your theory about his so called international status as reason for rejection does not make sense when you considered the fact that individuals with far better international status proudly accepting same.

Okonjo Iweala rejecting the award as an international economist who was supported by the Nigerian vote to become the WHO dg translates into entitlement and unappreciative

It is more like an they're preserving Nigerian image in the international community

Not for a private individual like Adichie who had never had anything to do with politics and was brought into limelight by excelling in her career

She did what us best for her conscience and believe Okonjo-Iweala and Amina Muhammed will probably do the same if I have no affiliation with politics
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Tinubuagbado: 9:23am On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:

Shameless maggot.

She has rejected it, come and beat her.

Useless idiots. I don't eben know how Igbo's ended up in one country with animals like you people.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by MonkeyMods(m): 9:23am On Oct 14, 2022
ChukwuObe:

That is not new. After all Achebe also rejected honour even from your hero Jonathan

Jonathan is your family hero
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:24am On Oct 14, 2022
For some of you kids on nairaland,Chinua Achebe was personal envoy to Odimegwu Ojukwu during the Biafran war.He saw a lot.He wrote the book "There was a country" before he died.Chimamanda is his student.Its not a surprise she declined the award from the zoo.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by jessylaurel(f): 9:24am On Oct 14, 2022
dre11:

Chimamanda Adichie did not accept national honour, team confirms

https://guardian.ng/news/chimamanda-adichie-did-not-accept-national-honour-team-confirms/

Buhari has really done alot( betrayal and dissatisfaction/ disappointment) for Nigerians
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Reyhzor(m): 9:27am On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:

Igbos could reject the award because the man they love to hate but if Buhari was giving out drugs, I bet they won't reject it.

When it comes to drugs give it to North cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by PapaAdanna: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2022
Good one

Ezigbo nwa afo
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by razzydoo(m): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2022
Ngozi, to whom much is given....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of President Buhari 'Teasing' A Waitress / We Promised Change And It Has Come - Lai Mohammed / Ekiti APC Guber Primary: Fayemi Emerges As Governorship Flagbearer (Exit Polls)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.