Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari (46936 Views)

6 Decisions From President Tinubu's Meeting With 36 Governors / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour / Buhari Rejects National Assembly’s Debt Figures For States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Arda1000(m): 2:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
Major7:

All, you play them a second fiddle in your statement, that brings bitterness, hatred and envy. No tribe should see herself superior to any
na ur mind Dey judge u mr man
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by naturefellow(m): 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
omenka:
She isn't the first, wouldn't be the last either.

Next.
you must be pained. Takes guts to do that.

Daughter of Chinua Achebe!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by blackboy(m): 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
APC man too Fayemi rejected t0o during GEJ era.
This woman is principled.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by naturefellow(m): 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
lhordspy:
Fortunately for her, she is very very lucky to be blessed with Knowledge by God.

But i don't like her as a person, i see her like an extremist, i consider her that. Always going overboard with everything.

Well, her choice - her Life.
she only did what just and courageous people would do.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by jojothaiv(m): 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
The author did not accept the award and, as such, did not attend the ceremony. She, however, did not want to create undue publicity around it, so her non-acceptance was conveyed privately

I laugh at the above statement, privacy is getting difficult and the statement just proves that. If you don't want noise there will be need saying this....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by jojothaiv(m): 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2022
MonkeyMods:
No well meaning Nigerian ought to have taken the award from this nonchalant, arrogant and wicked president called Buhari.

Look at where Nigeria is presently.

This is where he brought us

Then he does award giveaway so as to delete his incompetence from the minds of the people.

Reason he released Kanu

Is all mind games

Cow president
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Demigod22: 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2022
When I find myself in that position with the current miasma the country is stuck in, I will definitely reject such honour.

There's nothing to be excited about when the country is a victim of leadership miscarriage.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Major7: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
Arda1000:
na ur mind Dey judge u mr man

It's alright if you don't get it
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2022
lhordspy:
Fortunately for her, she is very very lucky to be blessed with Knowledge by God.

But i don't like her as a person, i see her like an extremist, i consider her that. Always going overboard with everything.

Well, her choice - her Life.

Two of you are parallel, so it is not out of place that u dont like her.
How can you be supporting Tinubu of all people and still like an intelligent icon like her?

Impossible now
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by ZooOga: 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ethnic and tribal bigotry in all it's glory being displayed. And I pity a man, her husband, Dr. Ivara Esege with a great career in the western world married to an oyinbo minded feminist. sad
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by ScamHunter: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2022
Arda1000:
Igbo are the only People in Nigeria with a bit sense of justice.
She reminds me of Sir Francis Akanu Ibiam.

Very correct
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by casualobserver: 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
She is a well known supporter of Biafra but supporting Obi. Go figure!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by MasterKernel: 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:
Let that bitch take several seat back, who e help?
More intelligent and highly placed women like Okonjo Iweala and Aminat Muhammed were proud of the award. We don't want a politically motivated Obidient bitch ass and a mentally damaged feminist around our award.

How much is your salary, that you're jumping all trends?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by arewaboy01(m): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Lol…if only she knew… baba no send her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Reflect7: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
Soulsymbol99:
Person wey collect better award for Harvard wetin she wan use buhari award do. Abi u wan make her career get issue like anthony joshua undecided

GET RID OF YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

DISGUSTING.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Reflect7: 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
Elbinawi:
Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari

Me:

We thank this Award-winning Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, who was recently decorated with Harvard University’s iconic W.E.B. Du Bois Medal for this bold move.

The hands of the genocidal criminal Tyrant Buhari is soaked with the pure blood of thousands of innocent Nigerian civilians brutally murdered by this bloodthirsty killer. Tyrant Buhari and gang burnt ALIVE dozens of civilians in the residence of Sheikh Zakzaky during the #ZariaGenocide that included a nursing Mother & her Baby.

Thank you Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie for this!

#ElbinawiTweets

BUT AMERICA SLAUGHTERED ONE MILLION INNOCENT PEOPLE IN IRAQ BASED ON LIES ABOUT WMDS JUST TO STEAL THEIR OIL.

AMERICA IS ALSO DOCUMENTED TO HAVE INVADED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, 195 OF THE 201 COUNTRIES ON EARTH.

SO WHY IS SHE ACCEPTING AWARDS FROM THEM?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Dirtyyansh: 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:
More intelligent and highly placed women like Okonjo Iweala and Aminat Muhammed were proud of the award. We don't want a politically motivated Obidient bitch ass and a mentally damaged feminist around our award.

Okoto yarn!
At least , she is more intelligent than your baba in Aso rock
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by Kingspin(m): 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:
Go and take the award you deserve it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by KingDamzzy(m): 11:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Totally disgraceful of her. All these closeted IPOB members hiding behind Proudly Igbo are being exposed one by one.

Rejecting your country's national award is an insult to your country.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by BluntCrazeMan: 5:54am On Oct 15, 2022
dre11:

Chimamanda Adichie did not accept national honour, team confirms

https://guardian.ng/news/chimamanda-adichie-did-not-accept-national-honour-team-confirms/
We need to know the exact reasons why she rejected the Honour
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by plaindealer: 5:56am On Oct 15, 2022
Wetin concern Nigeria with that ipob girl sef?

Face your biafra ethnic and bigoty novels abeg..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari by lampedusa: 8:06am On Oct 15, 2022
Who even listed the stupid ipob girl for an award sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Cries And Sings As He Mourns His Fellow Soldiers Killed By Boko / FG To Reduce Petrol Price To ₦130 From ₦145 / Aliyu Sabi’u Muduru Celebrates His 34th Birthday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.