Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance (30377 Views)

Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch / Glory Osei Reacts To Accusations Of Fraud By Former Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by Painsoother(m): 6:11am On Oct 15, 2022
placeofallure:

You're the bigot here. See, was it a mistake or you deliberately misspell "Christian" ? You kept typing "christain" and you don't even have the dignity to write it with a capital letter "C" just like you wrote Muslim. Now, that is blasphemy and we won't take it!

Do you mean 30 seconds or a whole 30 minutes? Ah! You want somebody's business to be grounded for a whooping 30 minutes? Ota Aje ma l'eleyi ke!
When your brothers and sisters were collecting appointment letter, dem no see Terms and Conditions apply? Abeg go and sit down jare.
Let me appreciate you, for taking your time to both spot these extremists and schooling them for free. They will never accept the truth though!. Even if u grant them 5hrs prayer break during work every day, e no go stop them from stoning and lynching Deborah to death the second time for nothing.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by anataala: 6:11am On Oct 15, 2022
We’re getting there. We have right to demand Friday as work free day then work on Saturday that means Friday and sunday as work free day
Mightymanna:
“O you who believe! When you are called to congregational (Friday) prayer, hasten to the remembrance of God and leave off trade. That is better for you, if you but knew.”

Muslims should start advocating for work free day on Friday, it is really unfair to be cheated by British colonial arrangements while idolaters get free day to dance and party

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by Cutehector(m): 6:11am On Oct 15, 2022
placeofallure:

If you open your business and have employees, how will you feel if they all close your shop or office to go do ANYTHING AT ALL, all at once? Let's be objective here.

I have a deacon in my church, he's even the service leader. He has many shops in Idumota and he has in his employ two choir members. On rehearsal days, he doesn't allow them leave early all in the name of choir practice. You must do your full hours!

We just like to bring sentiments to everything. I don't see anything wrong with Polaris Bank's stand. At worst they can have a roster or something.

why not have a balanced mixed up of christians and muslims in your office so that as the muslims leave for prayers, you have a christian to man the desks.

Old Generation banks have this wisdom.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by Yibo(m): 6:17am On Oct 15, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

Every right thinking person should be anti-islamic. It is an evil satanic ideology set up by a 7th century Arab murderous madman illiterate schizophrenic genocidicist blasphemous caravan imposter pedophile called Muhammad who screwed little girl 9year old Aisha.

Watch Christian Prince debates and get liberated out of this satanic religion.
ewu
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by jaggabban: 6:23am On Oct 15, 2022
peppermint7:
I employ you for my work
You leave your duty post without replacement or permission to go pray your trash.
Nigga you getting fired.
I don't give a f*uck

If you feel your head slamming is that valueable to you,
Maybe you should stay home and waste your whole lives on it.
Instead of disturbing my work force.
Bunch of nonsense extremists.
One of the reasons why up north is filled with louts blasting themselves open in the name of some dumbo who calls himself their maker
Tueh

For those anti Islam bank wailers.
Why not try your shitty JAIZ bank instead wink
Werey since u know that, u for tell Polaris not to react and see what will happen to that ur business
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by BinamRex: 6:24am On Oct 15, 2022
In the North, drivers of commercial buses would stop so Muslims would pray.

I once entered a bus from Enugu to Bauchi. When we got to Jos, two Muslim boys told the driver to stop so they'd pray. The driver, an Igbo man, bluntly refused. Some southerners on the bus also refused to allow the driver to stop. The Muslim guys told the driver to stop the vehicle and they alighted.

As we continued the journey, I told the driver and the other passengers not to try what they did in a Muslim-majority area. Not that I don't support what they did. As a northerner, I know it's very risky. If the driver had refused to stop the car in a place dominated by Muslims, the boys would have raised an alarm and accused the driver of refusing to stop the car for them to pray and the outcome wouldn't have been nice.

People who see nothing wrong to kill their fellow countrymen because someone drew a caricature of their prophet in another country will not hesitate to unleash violence at any time.

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by mhktaryan: 6:28am On Oct 15, 2022
Brendaniel:
ISLAM and LGBTQ folks have a lot in common

They try to make sane people look insane - But they are the ones that need help

Wisdom
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by LadyTara(f): 6:28am On Oct 15, 2022
Serious customer oriented organization and businesses know not to employ people who put religion above work.

If your religion is that important to you over making money, start your own so you can make the rules. A nairalander complained about this same attitude some time ago. With time people will find their bearing, the person who values his religion over work and the business owner who wants his business to stay afloat. Everybody go dey alright las las.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by amshigida: 6:30am On Oct 15, 2022
My problem with most Nigerians that cannot comprehensively distinguish the meaning of secular after all we do celebrate religious holidays and still claiming secularism
In a secular Nation nothing like religious break or off work so Nigeria is not a secular country please
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by olubless90: 6:35am On Oct 15, 2022
So, if a Christian staff goes to vigil n resume late to work the following morning, hope they won't sack him sha?...

Religion will kill Nigeria soon.. if not checked

Na only Nigeria God dey ni...?
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by GboyegaD(m): 6:39am On Oct 15, 2022
haslaw:

Any organisation that doesn't accommodate others will be closed down and the managers thrown in jail

They are not forced to work there. After all, it is against the Islam faith since the bank charges interest.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by dividebyone(m): 6:45am On Oct 15, 2022
Five times daily prayer is compulsory for all Muslim including Friday prayer.Before employ anybody in Nigeria,there must be a question whether that person is a Muslim or christian.why asking for he/her faith?.we should stop in courage evils.they bank must apologize and amend these anti-religiou rules.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by eteebanky1: 6:46am On Oct 15, 2022
essentialone:
I am an extreme Christian but I am also a strong believer in equity, justice and fairness.
Muslims and Christians are the 2 most populated Religions in Nigeria and the world. There should be a global adoption of Fridays and Sundays as Work, Business and School free days.

To hell with Saturdays being a global holiday. Christians created the calendar and made Saturdays and Sundays to be known as Weekends. That was cool then, but not now. Call it whatever you may. All schools and companies should close completely on Fridays. And all schools and companies must open for activities completely on Saturdays.

#ReplaceSaturdaysWithFridays as work and school free days. Muslims too deserve to have their own days for religious worship, which should not be disturbed by school or by work.

Christians before you reply, ask yourself deeply, if on Sundays, your school or workplace gives you 1 hour to go to Church, and then return immediately to work, how do you feel?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by eteebanky1: 6:47am On Oct 15, 2022
essentialone:
I am an extreme Christian but I am also a strong believer in equity, justice and fairness.
Muslims and Christians are the 2 most populated Religions in Nigeria and the world. There should be a global adoption of Fridays and Sundays as Work, Business and School free days.

To hell with Saturdays being a global holiday. Christians created the calendar and made Saturdays and Sundays to be known as Weekends. That was cool then, but not now. Call it whatever you may. All schools and companies should close completely on Fridays. And all schools and companies must open for activities completely on Saturdays.

#ReplaceSaturdaysWithFridays as work and school free days. Muslims too deserve to have their own days for religious worship, which should not be disturbed by school or by work.

Christians before you reply, ask yourself deeply, if on Sundays, your school or workplace gives you 1 hour to go to Church, and then return immediately to work, how do you feel?

You've no sense

Look and read the rubbish you just typed again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by dividebyone(m): 6:49am On Oct 15, 2022
Friday prayer+five daily prayer is compulsory for all Muslim.Can a Christian cancel church service because of so call business?.why support inhuman altitude.God first.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by Princedapace(m): 6:52am On Oct 15, 2022
plantist:

See this idiotic hypocrite. You all dubiously cooked up Saturdays and Sundays as weekends for yourselves in order to dance like you have had bouts of epilepsy for decades. Bunch of hypocrites

I know this my submiison will not make sense to u but let me try.
Nigeria is not a religious state. For all non religious states, their non working days are Saturdays and Sundays globally. For religious states, they can choose order wise. For instance, in Saudi, UAE, their non working days are Fridays and Saturdays, so I was told.
But Nigeria in her constitution is not a religious state.
So, if u wish to have religious state, it is simple. Demand for Nigeria to be seperated so that regions can now choose if they will become religious or not.
If done that way, North can choose to have Fridays and Saturdays as their non working days.
As long as Nigeria is a non religious state, Friday is a legal working day. Christains have mid term church activities too. But u will hardly see Christains leave their work places during working hours to attend to such mid week church activity no matter how important it is.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by haslaw(m): 6:52am On Oct 15, 2022
GboyegaD:

They are not forced to work there. After all, it is against the Islam faith since the bank charges interest.

Mr. IPOB CARNNIBAL, since you hate Muslims so much. Why don't you go and sack them na
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by dividebyone(m): 6:53am On Oct 15, 2022
Painsoother:
Let me appreciate you, for taking your time to both spot these extremists and schooling them for free. They will never accept the truth though!. Even if u grant them 5hrs prayer break during work every day, e no go stop them from stoning and lynching Deborah to death the second time for nothing.
IPOB have started again.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by crusufixo(m): 7:01am On Oct 15, 2022
In truth, the Polaris staff who sent that mail was right , but just did not go about it the correct way. In a dept where there are 5 staffs and 4 are muslims , it would be very unfair if they all go to pray at the same time leaving just one staff in the dept. What that supervisor would have done would be to coordinate them to go in batches to pray. But then , if the job suffers as a result of all of them going to pray, then it's not fair. Nobody is saying that they should no go and pray, but they should apply wisdom when going about it.besides, this is a place that pays them. If there are heavy losses as a result of that singular day where they all go to pray, they would still expect their full salary at the end of the month , while the organisation bears the loss. Long and short is that we should work towards a win - win situation.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by eteebanky1: 7:05am On Oct 15, 2022
BinamRex:
In the North, drivers of commercial buses would stop so Muslims would pray.

I once entered a bus from Enugu to Bauchi. When we got to Jos, two Muslim boys told the driver to stop so they'd pray. The driver, an Igbo man, bluntly refused. Some southerners on the bus also refused to allow the driver to stop. The Muslim guys told the driver to stop the vehicle and they alighted.

As we continued the journey, I told the driver and the other passengers not to try what they did in a Muslim-majority area. Not that I don't support what they did. As a northerner, I know it's very risky. If the driver had refused to stop the car in a place dominated by Muslims, the boys would have raised an alarm and accused the driver of refusing to stop the car for them to pray and the outcome wouldn't have been nice.

People who see nothing wrong to kill their fellow countrymen because someone drew a caricature of their prophet in another country will not hesitate to unleash violence at any time.

This thing about Islam, I don't know

Small joke and accusations to their prophet always results in violence, even as far as killing the person

Countries dominated by Islam are always war torn likes of lybia, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Iraq
This people should follow the likes of United Emirates (Dubai), I'm very sure they don't react to everything in United Emirates

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by MuslimIgbo: 7:05am On Oct 15, 2022
BeardedMeat:
Muslim Igbo is a facade.
Yoruba Muslim is stupidity cooked by flat headed OSU ALUSI IPOB JEW PIGs. There's nothing like it because yorubas are not as divided and disunited you them - yhu
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by tollyboy5(m): 7:10am On Oct 15, 2022
peppermint7:
I employ you for my work
You leave your duty post without replacement or permission to go pray your trash.
Nigga you getting fired.
I don't give a f*uck

One of the reasons why up north is filled with louts blasting themselves open in the name of some dumbo who calls himself their maker
Tueh

Trash!

I swear down. You're just ranting, even atheist respect others religion and give Muslims time to pray.

You think you have two head. When your business crashes you'll move your business to your village because nowhere in the western world deprive Muslims their basic right.

Your write up is trash!
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by awakmfon03(m): 7:13am On Oct 15, 2022
I'm not against any type of prayer or worship.
But my question WILL YOUR JUST, IMPARTIAL, ALL KNOWING and ALMIGHTY GOD be happy with your worship if you cheat your brother, organization and it's clients in other to worship him? If you leave your duty post without permission sort for and obtained, then you are indirectly cheating on your organization and colleagues and by extension the clients whose hard earned money is used to pay you salaries, And I don't see any God that will accept such a worship. What will happen if everyone else leaves,
Solution:
For this kind of event to be avoided there should be laid down rules guiding the operations in the organization such as on Friday Muslim can work from morning till maybe 12pm the non Muslim take over in order to avoid leaving gaps or all work close by 2pm on Fridays to allow people go to prayer and not creating a situation where others work more and some work less but receive the same pay
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by tollyboy5(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2022
LAXconfidential:

Pray tell, is there anything stopping Muslims from adopting Sundays as a day of prayer too? Just curious.
Why do christian not adopt Friday as worship day? Why choose Sunday belonging to pagan worshippers?
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by dododawa1: 7:16am On Oct 15, 2022
Can someone explain the ISSUE clearly for me
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by tollyboy5(m): 7:18am On Oct 15, 2022
waice6571:
To me, it is unethical and un-business like for almost everyone in the branch to abandon their duty post at the same time in the name of anything.

This is bullying and subjugating professionalism in the name religion.
Trash!

From government work to private work all over the world Muslims are allowed to attend jumat.

It's Polaris bank case that is now different, what nonsense!
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by Mrfixitt(m): 7:27am On Oct 15, 2022
haslaw:

silly anti-Islamic Bank
Islam is a foolish religion. After praying, they will still go out to kill like human Lives mean nothing.
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by waterkunle: 7:29am On Oct 15, 2022
placeofallure:

You're the bigot here. See, was it a mistake or you deliberately misspell "Christian" ? You kept typing "christain" and you don't even have the dignity to write it with a capital letter "C" just like you wrote Muslim. Now, that is blasphemy and we won't take it!

Do you mean 30 seconds or a whole 30 minutes? Ah! You want somebody's business to be grounded for a whooping 30 minutes? Ota Aje ma l'eleyi ke!
When your brothers and sisters were collecting appointment letter, dem no see Terms and Conditions apply? Abeg go and sit down jare.

Argumentum ad hominem!!!
Re: Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance by Zubi10(m): 7:35am On Oct 15, 2022
peppermint7:
I employ you for my work
Nigga you getting fired.
I don't give a f*uck

Tueh

mumu see how your stupidity is not measurable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerians Fighting To Use ATM To Cash New Naira Notes.. / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.