Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,463 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why (55542 Views)

People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel / Woman Shocked To Discover Her Boyfriend Of Two Years Just Got Married. See His E / Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by Phreedaouz(f): 6:43am On Oct 17, 2022
Na them sabi o, I think they are just scared of commitment but they are really enjoying themselves sex wise. They are scared of committing to a man or woman and to a family.
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by Wuppdex: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2022
And how do you know if all are Ex don't consider her a wife material and kept dumping her, she's talking like a lady who has been served breakfast severally. Don't believe her one sided bullshit yearning.

blingxx:

Pple are starting to realize this , I dated one girl like that once she told me she never will get married to any man no matter how rich he is I thought she was just lying the way women. do( normal) until she showed me pictures of all her ex in Abuja ...
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by bukatyne(f): 8:30am On Oct 17, 2022
10mobile:

This isn't about women. It's about SINGLES (men and women).

I wonder how he read the shortest article ever and still got it all twisted up. undecided

From the article, the men even be easier to convince than the women.

With better jobs, some of the 25% unwillingly to marry would become willing.

1 Like

Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by bukatyne(f): 8:32am On Oct 17, 2022
Botking:
Dey don't want to marry, but dey like to fvck, lol, the only thing their government can do to remedy the declining factor is to ban contraceptive

Well at the end of the day Indian and other people will take over their country, and their heritage will goes unto oblivion

Did we read the same article?

Or did you miss the part that says some men have not found a girl they like enough to marry because they have never dated before? undecided

If extramarital sex is very common, there would be increased birthrate due to increased unwed mothers.

1 Like

Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by bukatyne(f): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2022
GeneralPula:
Nature doesn’t understand English..

You’ll always miss the feeling of not having that special one regardless of how strong minded you’re !

It’s natural..

wink

Or a special family like convents, cults, monastery etc.
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by bukatyne(f): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2022
Praktikals:
More and more men are getting to realise that marriage na scam.

More like the women's realization in the OP.
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by bukatyne(f): 8:38am On Oct 17, 2022
dfrost:
undecided

Not a problem. Let them make their decision as it suits them. All I see is opportunity. Low birth rate in a country equals labour shortage as the article also agrees same.

Brethen, brace yourselves up for opportunities in Japan.

And what kind of opportunities do you think would exist for majority of the non-nationalities?
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by bukatyne(f): 8:44am On Oct 17, 2022
planetx:
There are no opportunities for an African in Japan, don't go and fix your country always looking for where to offload your excess population.

As in.

Such a sad mentality.

1 Like

Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by Emperor88(m): 8:48am On Oct 17, 2022
Eniitankorede:

No point discussing with a nitwit. As if there's no paternity fraud in co-habiting couples, as if there's any sense of commitment in co-habitation. As if the family is not a unit of society. The ills you see in marriage is more than 10 times seen in co-habitating couples. Marriage is the safeguard against societal decay. Children borne inside wedlock are well rounded and well behaved children as compared to those borne by hit-and-run couples. Any domestic violence you see in marriage is more than 10 times common in co-habitation. Marriage gives more security and rights to both members of the couple. To go against marriage is to advocate for chaos in society. I am saying all these for those who reason, not for you because i know you have lost your sense of reason.
Who is talking about co-habiting here and who is going against marriage? You must be very dumb. The issue here is why is a marriage a must, why is having kids a must? Is it for everyone? I guess Buhari was out of wedlock that's the reason why he has been the most usel*ss president we have ever had cuz your mumu is very obvious.
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by bukatyne(f): 8:48am On Oct 17, 2022
Emperor88:

So it is better to have children you can not take care of? It is better to be in a marriage even when there is no love? It is better that our population keep growing and keep producing criminals in the name of marriage? Do you know Japan have one of the highest average lifespan of over 80 years compared to Nigeria 56? Please even if you have children, will they stay with you forever? And who told you Nigerians are happier than Japanese? You people will just open mouth as if you don't have sense.

Japan also has one of the highest suicide rates in the world.

And only very few people are so poor in Nigeria that they can't support one child.

Rather than demonize marriage and child bearing, teach people to choose better and have the no of kids they can support.

1 Like

Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by Emperor88(m): 8:55am On Oct 17, 2022
MufasaLion:

Exactly! He was trying to sound smart by sounding more ignorant and stupid. He thinks everyone on the forum is an educated illiterate like him. I will still trash him when it comes to intelligence and knowledge in most disciplines. grin

Many Africans have kids because they see them as investments. An average African home is not rich and they have kids, so that one or all the kids can be successful and pay them back, hence the reason many mother-in-law usually have issues with their daughter-in-law because they do feel cheated. They see the daughter-in-law as someone that wants to reap where she didn't sow. Poverty has damaged many people's way of reasoning.

Also, they wanna have kids so that at old age, one of them will accommodate them and burden them with their problem. Here in Nigeria, many parents are fond of such because everyone has seen it as norms.

It's easy to get a housekeeper in Nigeria because many people will accept the ridiculous amount you want to pay due to extreme poverty. Also, most Nigerian families rarely hire househelp because there would surely be a family out there that you can unofficially adopt their daughter in exchange for feeding, shelter, allowance, etc. It's a win-win for both parties. In most cases, such daughter is underage and won't be allowed by these wicked and selfish people to attend school. And you must understand that we don't have standard health care law in this country, so it's easier for some people to even take in their parents and go to work, then come back before attending to their needs properly, which is wrong.

bless you bro ..you nailed it
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by Emperor88(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2022
saipn:
No matter how you paint it we are Africans and lonliness is not good. Just pray you find your soulmate then you will really the rest of your life in old age...
And those who will not find solemate should just marry for the sake of it? When children are badly raised both gender the probability of finding a solemate is very slim. Let's assume the solemate dies at midage, what will happen? Find another solemate? If marriage is the solution to happy life we shouldn't be having all this numerous problems we are having. According to your assumption the solution is not marriage but finding a solemate which I partially agree.
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by aimmoney9: 9:10am On Oct 17, 2022
Eniitankorede:

You don’t ever pray for the calamity befalling these people. They are avoiding marriage because nobody wants to care for others. Individuality is killing them. Miserable life awaits people who crave for individuality. This is evident when they grow old and need help from others. Care home staff can never replace your family and close relatives.

The igbenidions in Edo had their mother killed by a maid, she had children and grandchildren, inlaws, etc you name it but all of them had their own lives, in the end the maid they gave to take care of her killed her..... angry angry
One may marry with excess children and relatives and in the end no one will be there at the person's old age.... angry angry
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by Emperor88(m): 9:10am On Oct 17, 2022
bukatyne:

And only very few people are so poor in Nigeria that they can't support one child.

Rather than demonize marriage and child bearing, teach people to choose better and have the no of kids they can support.

I will not agree or disagree with your first point but that second point you made enh! You be kidding.
And lastly no one is demonizing marriage or child bearing. The point is don't go to it for the sake of it. Mentality and financially are you fit for it? It is not a guaranteed source of happiness.
Over 30million out of school children, over 40million of jobless people, overpopulated by over 100miillion people, over 90million lives in extreme poverty....do you even listen to your self?
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by MufasaLion: 9:13am On Oct 17, 2022
bukatyne:

Stop being ignorant. Do you know the meaning of "only very few?"
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by CUMIN: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2022
mastermaestro:

Read Oga, read. They are already being faced with shortage of labour especially in non-manufacturing sectors.

They're not facing labour shortages.
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by MrHeff(m): 10:23am On Oct 17, 2022
Menclothing:
You will know benefit of marriage at old age
like Bimbo does?
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by baajetu(m): 10:50am On Oct 17, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Africans rush into marriage thinking it’s some sort of achievement.
I disagree. Go to western countries and see how early they get married and give birth compare to Africa where you still have to struggle to balance financially
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by COOL10(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
TolaniLuv:

Thank you. I would like to add my own %

In Japan when you are married. The husband salary automatically goes to the wife account. She will deduct all the house expenses and her own money and give the husband 300$ to manage in a month usually to buy cigarettes or drink out with friends .

In Japan even a deaf man is hot cake if he’s working, in their culture the money goes to wife account . While the man is working from 6am to 10pm at night wife will be home taking care of the kids or preparing food. If they don’t have kids, she will be home watching TV all day .

In Japan women don’t want to work as soon as they get married.

Worse part of all this is, When the woman finally have kids. No More Sex for the man! Any sex they want to have must be a meaningful sex like to have kids, the wife tell the man to save the energy for sex to work harder for their kids.

It makes the men go out to drink and have sex with multiple women which they don’t care since the salary is going to the wives account.

Lastly, being single man in Japan give the man time to save money and enjoy their life . Marriage is like slavery there apart from the slavery at work and over time at work with no increase of salary.

Why marry when you will love your freedom?

I'm just glad that the men over there are beginning to see reason to avoid that slave plantation called marriage.
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by ResearchGateNg: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
10mobile:
In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why

A few days ago, many of us read about a Nigerian lady who was lamenting that she would soon be 30 and has never been married or had any kid.

May be, the lady and others like her can take some solace from this: 25% of Japanese their age are thinking differently, reports the Insider:

Source: https://www.insider.com/japan-dating-singles-30s-survey-unwilling-to-get-married-freedom-2022-6?dc_data=18237197_xiaomi-lockscreen-nigeria&utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=referral&cex=true&ui=adf581949d7b240d0c7c0fe57342e9c4215ee3fe33064bdf19e1b320046b2043&utm_content=topbar

Good research.
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by mastermaestro(m): 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
CUMIN:

They're not facing labour shortages.

Swallow your pride and read up.
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by CUMIN: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
mastermaestro:

Swallow your pride and read up.

It was a projection of their population dropping. Not labor drop
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by gforce5: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
Bros, it seems that you don't understand Japanese society and culture. What you just stated is typical for white western countries. I've lived there for many years so I should know. The Japanese, like most asians, are family oriented like Africans. They don't joke with their elders. The issue is that their society is very capitalistic and modernized. They and south koreans have some of the longest working hours in the developed world. There's very little time for socializing as they are always working. It's one of the many reasons why the suicide rate there is very high. It has nothing to do with companionship. Africa with its high moral codes is where? Living in the west ought to have taught you that rich or "advanced" societies tend to be very introverted because of their environment. It's the same way that rich neighbourhoods anywhere in the world (including Nigeria) are more introverted than poor neighborhoods.

Lastly, marriage is not a do or die affair. We live in an era where there's high infidelity, domestic abuse and other problems in marriages. The only reason why people get married in Nigeria is not because of companionship but societal pressure. Thousands of people are living in miserable relationships but cannot leave because of what society would say.
Eniitankorede:

You don’t ever pray for the calamity befalling these people. They are avoiding marriage because nobody wants to care for others. Individuality is killing them. Miserable life awaits people who crave for individuality. This is evident when they grow old and need help from others. Care home staff can never replace your family and close relatives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by peacefull(f): 4:59am On Oct 18, 2022
COOL10:
Japanese women are extremely rude to their male counterparts. The men have simply realised that freedom and peace of mind are paramount in a man's life cool

Really?!
Are you a Japanese man?
Japanese women always extremely rude to you?
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by peacefull(f): 5:26am On Oct 18, 2022
TolaniLuv:

Thank you. I would like to add my own %

In Japan when you are married. The husband salary automatically goes to the wife account. She will deduct all the house expenses and her own money and give the husband 300$ to manage in a month usually to buy cigarettes or drink out with friends .

In Japan even a deaf man is hot cake if he’s working, in their culture the money goes to wife account . While the man is working from 6am to 10pm at night wife will be home taking care of the kids or preparing food. If they don’t have kids, she will be home watching TV all day .

In Japan women don’t want to work as soon as they get married.

Worse part of all this is, When the woman finally have kids. No More Sex for the man! Any sex they want to have must be a meaningful sex like to have kids, the wife tell the man to save the energy for sex to work harder for their kids.

It makes the men go out to drink and have sex with multiple women which they don’t care since the salary is going to the wives account.

Lastly, being single man in Japan give the man time to save money and enjoy their life . Marriage is like slavery there apart from the slavery at work and over time at work with no increase of salary.

Why marry when you will love your freedom?

Please where did you get this kind of information about Japanese women?

Is this your experience with your Japanese wife?
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by TolaniLuv: 5:50am On Oct 18, 2022
peacefull:

Please where did you get this kind of information about Japanese women?

Is this your experience with your Japanese wife?

It’s a fact! 99% accurate.
It’s their culture
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by KunGioKehRah: 6:50am On Oct 18, 2022
ecolime:
Japan's population has been shrinking year on year because of this and it's understandable. That of Naija is what I don't understand.

Nigerians are not getting married but our population is increasing exponentially despite the mass migration.

What's going on?

Child marriage is still very common in the north

And many other tribes, like Benue, idoma, kogi, middle belt don't use contraceptives( I mean condom) up till now some of them don't even believe that there is HIV/aids . They just dive in raw and ejacula.te. so that is one of the reasons why our population is still increasing.
And also unlike the oyinbo man, average Nigerian is a poor man, we hardly can afford expensive entertainment like cinema, concert, travel tours etc the only entertainment for the African man is his wife to.to. so that is also another factor.
I know a man in Kano that has fifty children.

In my own opinion many are still not enlightened about effects of overpopulation, and that's why many are still giving birth to plenty kids in Africa. Unlike in the west, Europe or america, some have even declared that they won't give birth, some will just adopt or remain celibate.

But African mentality is "my papa born me" me too must born"

#itiswell!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by peacefull(f): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2022
TolaniLuv:

It’s a fact! 99% accurate.
It’s their culture

Please forgive me to explain to you.

There is nothing like husband's salary automatically goes to wife's bank account.
But if husband requested about it to his work place, his company will pay it in wife's account.
So, husband's salary automatically goes to wife's account is not true.
Husband use his bank account to receive their salary and he gave that ATM card to his wife.

But something you wrote about how wife use husband's salary is common in Japan.
I said use, I mean manage.
Not wife spending or wasting husband's salary any how.
They are managing his salary. They are even saving that money, but not for her.
And very common about wife keep household account (household expenses).
So, husband can know how wife used that salary like how much she paid bills, what she bought, how much remain etc.

And yes, husband get allowance from wife.
But that allowance is from his salary.
This is very common in Japan. I know this is very strange!

But what I want you to know is not every family having same marriage life.

You said Japanese women don't wanna work after married and denying sex with husband.
I can't deny everythings. Because some women are like that.

But not all Japanese women are like that.
Old days and these days are different.
Many married Japanese women are working these days.
This is very common now.

But not everybody working like a parmanent staff.
Many married women working like part time worker including me.
Not because they don't wanna work like parmanent worker, but peoples have different reasons like their kids are still small, they are taking care of their old age parents, they have health issues etc.

And working wife also using their salary for family.
But some husbands never mind about their wife don't use her salary for family.
They don't even ask or demand for them, but they told wife to use it by herself.

Not all Japanese women are denying sex with their husband.
Some peoples wanna have sex with husband, but their husband denied, sleeping early, having ED, cheating on wife etc.
So, That's not always wife's fault.

Japanese women are humans like you.
So, when they got to know about if their husband slept with another women, they got hurt and many peoples divorce with their cheating husband.
There is nothing like they don't care about it.
But maybe some women are don't care about it especially if they already don't love their husband and if they only think about husband is their ATM.

I don't know why some peoples wanna blame other gender embarassed
Not always or everythings are only men's fault or only women's fault.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by Helel(m): 9:46am On Oct 18, 2022
sulaak:

A woman that seeks Self-Esteem in marriage and a man is a woman that has nothing to offer.

What about companionship, can one also be his own companion?
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by maasoap(m): 11:38am On Oct 18, 2022
MufasaLion:

And you that have high labour force, are they not living a better life than you do?

Living better than us is not the point here. The point in my response is that their average age shooting high is not an achievement either. Rather, it is a national headache for them.
You don't have to bring Nigeria issue into the discussion about Japan before you can make a point. Nigeria population is not the problem, corruption is
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by MufasaLion: 11:42am On Oct 18, 2022
maasoap:

Living better than us is not the point here. The point in my response is that their average age shooting high is not an achievement either. Rather, it is a national headache for them.
You don't have to bring Nigeria issue into the discussion about Japan before you can make a point. Nigeria population is not the problem, corruption is

Focus on your country and leave Japan with their issue. Even if they need labor force, your countrymen won't be needed!
Re: In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why by maasoap(m): 11:48am On Oct 18, 2022
MufasaLion:

Focus on your country and leave Japan with their issue. Even if they need labor force, your countrymen won't be needed!

I thought Japan is the thread here grin grin grin
We shouldn't discuss Japan on a thread about Japan, shocking!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates 10 Years Without Sex / Lady Marries Jailed Boyfriend In Handcuffs (Photo) / Ladies, What Makes A Guy Boring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.