Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States (29140 Views)

Statisense: Top Seven (7) State IGR Data For 2021 Released / Only 10 Nigerian States Economically Viable, 17 Bankrupt [see Details] / See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Goke7: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

Digitization in only revenue collection sounds fishy to me, why can’t this digitization be implemented in every other sector? Lagos could barely dispose its own filth/dirt. You claimed Tinubu built Lagos, this is an insult to past administration and current ones. The development achieved during the Ambode era and Fashola cannot be over emphasized!

Tinubu should apologize to all for making that shorty statement of “I built Lagos”. It is so embarrassing coming from a supposed presidential candidate!

You are sounding petty. This is not about tinubu and the subject was never about tinubu. I didn't even mention his name. Na bad belle dey worry una
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by SouthSouth1914: 8:34am On Oct 19, 2022
candidtalk:

Bro, no be small thing. Part of the problem is that others have serious hang ups, the Yorubas do not have, that will make productive nationhood difficult for them or anyone lumbered with them.

I.e over-religiousity, tribalism, clannish proclivities, resistance to modernity, chauvinism, disinterest in educating children. Especially the girl child that has been identified as the bane of African development etc, etc, etc.

I think Yorubas just need to stay focused and consistent. We must never deviate again. In opposition, around 2012-2013, our leaders created the DAWN commision and a well-researched and illustrated thesis, the only one of it's kind in Nigeria, detailing how Yorubas can circumvent 'one Nigeria' lunacy to make progress.

We then jettisoned all that once Tinubu worked to get us to the centre in partnership with the North who, under Buhari, have not been honorable enough to grant concession we assumed everyone would want to adopt per developmental and obvious evolution.

Issues like restructuring, modern policing, better autonomy for tiers of governance that actually cover Nigerian lives more comprehensively, etc, etc.

Yet Buhari and his crew returned us to feudalism effectively where the Norths control of the centre was used to entrench how they want to live rather how it is best for every Nigerian to live.

We must not compromise or be blindsided again. No government is greater than the people but Nigerians do not realize this. Yet I believe Yorubas do.

We must now dedicate ourselves to taking stands that will ensure permanent change in governance structure so we begin to gain the right to thrive and make progress even if others we share a nation with want to remain religiously extremist, terrorist, uneducated, socio-economically stagnant, bedevilled with insecurity etc, etc.

What is shown below is what we must fight for uncompromisingly.

Impressive write up. The north has coerced the west in other created and live their own reality. Leaving the west begging for air! This narrative must changed. Any government henceforth must be inclusive in the form of a true federalism, this is the only reason true growth can be achieved!
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Goke7: 8:38am On Oct 19, 2022
SonOfEl:

For your mind, na una be the main dudes wey dey generate the IGR for Lagos.....lol..... Self delusion is real

Your question has been answered already. Yorubas own largest investments in Lagos. Market shops are not the kind of investments that increase IGR and that's why the SE is sadly behind. Data don't lie

1 Like

Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by SouthSouth1914: 8:43am On Oct 19, 2022
Goke7:

You are sounding petty. This is not about tinubu and the subject was never about tinubu. I didn't even mention his name. Na bad belle dey worry una

Hahaha! You must be lost in your own thoughts and reality! Please go back to your comments and read through completely before I will address your recent comment. I do not want to believe you have suddenly lost your sense of reasoning!

Was the digitization of revenue collection and LIRS not championed by the Tinubu administration?
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Goke7: 8:46am On Oct 19, 2022
candidtalk:

Bro, no be small thing. Part of the problem is that others have serious hang ups, the Yorubas do not have, that will make productive nationhood difficult for them or anyone lumbered with them.

I.e over-religiousity, tribalism, clannish proclivities, resistance to modernity, chauvinism, disinterest in educating children. Especially the girl child that has been identified as the bane of African development etc, etc, etc.

I think Yorubas just need to stay focused and consistent. We must never deviate again. In opposition, around 2012-2013, our leaders created the DAWN commision and a well-researched and illustrated thesis, the only one of it's kind in Nigeria, detailing how Yorubas can circumvent 'one Nigeria' lunacy to make progress.

We then jettisoned all that once Tinubu worked to get us to the centre in partnership with the North who, under Buhari, have not been honorable enough to grant concession we assumed everyone would want to adopt per developmental and obvious evolution.

Issues like restructuring, modern policing, better autonomy for tiers of governance that actually cover Nigerian lives more comprehensively, etc, etc.

Yet Buhari and his crew returned us to feudalism effectively where the Norths control of the centre was used to entrench how they want to live rather how it is best for every Nigerian to live.

We must not compromise or be blindsided again. No government is greater than the people but Nigerians do not realize this. Yet I believe Yorubas do.

We must now dedicate ourselves to taking stands that will ensure permanent change in governance structure so we begin to gain the right to thrive and make progress even if others we share a nation with want to remain religiously extremist, terrorist, uneducated, socio-economically stagnant, bedevilled with insecurity etc, etc.

What is shown below is what we must fight for uncompromisingly.

I agree, but the other regions are still the challenge, will they truly agree? A lot of negotiation and concessions will still have to made. See how they resisted special status for Lagos. The other parts of Nigeria hardly supports any motion moved from the SW. See the resistance to Amotekun. It will just take some baby steps with gradual decentralisation of some things sha. Even electricity na problem, can they even allow even Lagos generate power without sending first to the national grid, lots of questions.

People just dey talk. Lots of pretenders here and there. They want to eat from everywhere shouting restructuring
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Goke7: 8:47am On Oct 19, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

Hahaha! You must be lost in your own thoughts and reality! Please go back to your comments and read through completely before I will address your recent comment. I do not want to believe you have suddenly lost your sense of reasoning!

Was the digitization of revenue collection and LIRS not championed by the Tinubu administration?

Do you even understand digitisation? Abi na na the Portuguese do that one too
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by happney65: 8:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Nah Oyo can never force kaduna out.
Kaduna should enter top 5 ranking in the next 10yrs. Almost half of all igr in the NW is filled by kaduna. As of 2015 kaduna is generating 12 billions. Now it's 80 billion.
Elrufai is one hell of a politician, guy is performing wonders in his state.
seems to be a revolutionary,

Lol. I can tell you categorically that Oyo is forcing out Kaduna and Delta out in the next one year and will be in the top four. You can see he is already close to Kaduna with just a few millions. This is 2021 and not 2022. Let me tell you what the Oyo state government is doing that will shock you in a year from now

1. The upgrade of the Ibadan airport to international standard. The Oyo state government is currently doing a massive upgrade of the Ibadan airport with a 500,000 litre capacity aviation fuel tank. This should be commissioned October/November.
With this planes will be diverted to Ibadan and not Ghana when the Lagos runway is full. More international airlines will come and fly from into Ibadan and not Lagos. Because there are facilities on ground to enable their operation.
You can fly from Ibadan to the US,the UK, Dubai etc and travel time will be cut off by going to Lagos. The airport road is also currently being dualised and the major road from Ibadan to Osun state is also being done and dualised. This is actually being done by Oyo and Osun states to enhance travellers coming in from Osun to fly from Ibadan

2.The Ibadan Circular road. This will be completed in about a year from now. The first phase is about 32KM and will also cur travel from people coming from the North passing through Ibadan. You do not need to pass through the city anymore, You are to bypass the Ibadan Circular road and burst out through asejire or burst out to the Lagos/Ibadan expressway way depending on where you are going. The road is currently being done by Craneburg and it will be tolled. And the tolling alone will be making billions monthly for the Oyo state government

3. The Bus terminals. Just two out of four are already commissioned this year and it is bring in huge returns for the government. The other two at Iwo road which is the biggest after that of oshodi in Lagos will be completed before the end of the year. So I can tell you a year from now when all these projects are completed, Oyo will be top four and be competing with the likes of Ogun. Would have left Kaduna ad Delta far behind

2 Likes

Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Goke7: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2022
KGD10:

Will you keep quiet? The creole who were the Yoruba returning slaves only developed Lagos island, not Lagos state which was under the western region under Awolowo.

They will keep muddling up lagos Island and the western region together to justify their false narratives. Its intentional

1 Like

Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by dreamxhaser: 8:58am On Oct 19, 2022
backtovillage:

. 2020. 2021
Kaduna 50billion 52.9billion
Oyo. 30billion 52.1billion
My prediction are Oyo 69billion and Kaduna 65billion for 2022
Although people claim some Northern states do not declare all their state IGR

I think oyo won't catch kaduna but they will be really close. Something like 0.2 difference.

The one that pains me is kano, it should only be behind lagos.
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by dreamxhaser: 8:58am On Oct 19, 2022
njelrapheal:
who dash kano 10.million people

Kano state is almost 20million not know city (capital) oooo
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Goke7: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2022
happney65:

Lol. I can tell you categorically that Oyo is forcing out Kaduna and Delta out in the next one year and will be in the top four. You can see he is already close to Kaduna with just a few millions. This is 2021 and not 2022. Let me tell you what the Oyo state government is doing that will shock you in a year from now

1. The upgrade of the Ibadan airport to international standard. The Oyo state government is currently doing a massive upgrade of the Ibadan airport with a 500,000 litre capacity aviation fuel tank. This should be commissioned October/November.
With this planes will be diverted to Ibadan and not Ghana when the Lagos runway is full. More international airlines will come and fly from into Ibadan and not Lagos. Because there are facilities on ground to enable their operation.
You can fly from Ibadan to the US,the UK, Dubai etc and travel time will be cut off by going to Lagos. The airport road is also currently being dualised and the major road from Ibadan to Osun state is also being done and dualised. This is actually being done by Oyo and Osun states to enhance travellers coming in from Osun to fly from Ibadan

2.The Ibadan Circular road. This will be completed in about a year from now. The first phase is about 32KM and will also cur travel from people coming from the North passing through Ibadan. You do not need to pass through the city anymore, You are to bypass the Ibadan Circular road and burst out through asejire or burst out to the Lagos/Ibadan expressway way depending on where you are going. The road is currently being done by Craneburg and it will be tolled. And the tolling alone will be making billions monthly for the Oyo state government

3. The Bus terminals. Just two out of four are already commissioned this year and it is bring in huge returns for the government. The other two at Iwo road which is the biggest after that of oshodi in Lagos will be completed before the end of the year. So I can tell you a year from now when all these projects are completed, Oyo will be top four and be competing with the likes of Ogun. Would have left Kaduna ad Delta far behind

These are the kind of stuff I like to hear. Impressive

We are getting there gradually

2 Likes

Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Larryton(m): 9:04am On Oct 19, 2022
BeautifulMind2:

Lagos most is most indebted state in Nigeria yet most of the projects are being finance by FG

So, do you mean they are giving Lagos the money for free? if you have a reasonable project in south East, CBN will also finance it. Stop being bittered.
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by dreamxhaser: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2022
One thing I have noticed of recent is, the SW are far ahead of other regions but my beloved north is waking up and doing great things these days. Thanks to kaduna state government for waking all the lazy mrorons we have as governors in the north.

Just look at how jigawa has surpassed kano in igr. Kaduna state government are aiming for almost 80b by 2023.

As for the SE, you lots should wake up and face reality, stop trying to compete with nothing against people ahead of you. Instead you should learn, the way the North learned some economic polices form the SW.

I see some a Abuja-Kaduna-Kano & Lagos-Ogun-Oyo economic belts in the future. The signs are there, just look at the rail and gas pipeline connections been built.
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Goke7: 9:24am On Oct 19, 2022
dreamxhaser:
One thing I have noticed of recent is, the SW are far ahead of other regions but my beloved north is waking up and doing great things these days. Thanks to kaduna state government for waking all the lazy mrorons we have as governors in the north.

Just look at how jigawa has surpassed kano in igr. Kaduna state government are aiming for almost 80b by 2023.

As for the SE, you lots should wake up and face reality, stop trying to compete with nothing against people ahead of you. Instead you should learn, the way the North learned some economic polices form the SW.

I see some a Abuja-Kaduna-Kano & Lagos-Ogun-Oyo economic belts in the future. The signs are there, just look at the rail and gas pipeline connections been built.

You capture it well. The SE should even be grateful for the second niger Bridge, that can begin to generate some good leverage if they know what to do.

Truth is you can't give what you don't have. We just make too much noise in Nigeria but when true statistics come out, you see folks go silent cos all lies will be revealed. We are still a poor country and we don't have enough economic activities to reduce unemployment. The only thing we do so well are parties and to show off and oppress others. Let everyone get to work and produce more results. Most state governments are not productive enough
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

Impressive write up. The north has coerced the west in other created and live their own reality. Leaving the west begging for air! This narrative must changed. Any government henceforth must be inclusive in the form of a true federalism, this is the only reason true growth can be achieved!

This is sacrosanct. Yet the problem is that most Nigerians are not significantly aware of the problems to then be able to discern solutions.

If, for example, Buhari had come in to insist on the transformation of the North through education of children, especially the girl child, then many of the problems of the North, and indeed Nigeria, could be solved.

The North could move towards modernity and progress that will start to reverse the awful statistics of how people of the region constitute 87% of the most poverty-afflicted folks in Nigeria.

Instead Buhari arrived with a feudal agenda others, mainly pro-Fulani bigots, hijacked as influential members of his 'inner crew' he excluded Southerners from.

We cannot keep going around in circles and waiting for individuals (Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, Kwankwaso etal) we continue to hope will get it right.

Why not do what has made Western civilisation great which is to pursue the entrenchment of governance systems that will be resistive to abuse by, for example, a bigoted President and his cabal?

Why continue to leave Nigeria open to a 'winner take all' retrogressive Presidential system meaning any single individual, once President, can hijack all our lives by insisting we must all drink Akamu when some want Rice or Agbado. Lol.

If Nigerians are really productively educated then it is a change of system we must agitate for not the redundant concept of a messiah President.

Tinubu has made recent manifesto announcement about convening regional Committees, to ensure every region get the best out of their peculiarity and competitive advantages, to the glory of Nigeria.

It.was confirmation of what I have always personally suspected that SW Governors never made their unanimous demand for regional system of governance without the approval and direction of Tinubu.

This is why I personally support Tinubu to be President. I don't view him a messiah with a magic wand. No singke Nigerian is.

Me, you and every Nigerian are the messiah collectively if only we gain the system that unlocks out individual talents and potentials while giving us failsafe checks-and-balances options to ensure malevolent interest groups or individuals do not hijack our lives and progress parochially ever again.

For example, we all know State or regional policing can vastly improve our security. Yet we are all comfortable allowing a President resist this on behalf of 230 million people. Senators and elected representatives of their people, like Governors, just let Buhari and his crew do as they please supervising preventable deaths and misery.

We all know know restructuring , resource control, fiscal federalism etal can rescue Nigeria long term, regardless of whose Ox is gored in the short term, yet we allowed Buhari to announce that those agitating for restructuring are 'naive and dangerous'.

One man, because he is President, makes such an arrogant statement, with very detrimental impact, on behalf of 230 million people yet we all 'fem'.

Including legislators who are supposed to host oversight function over the executive arm and over Buhari.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/those-calling-for-restructuring-naive-dangerous-says-buhari/amp/

We must get rid of our current presidential system
That is the really fight and not any naive clamour for a messiah inTinubu, Atiku, Obi, Kwnakwaso etal.

Our problem will remain how to get most Nigerians thinking on the same page. Impossible in my opinion, because of tribalism and religious discrimination etal, and the reason I will always back what is shown below because I feel we all should not suffer because we do not have the same awareness. That is fundamentally wrong.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Damick1: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2022
Where's Ogun state igr going?
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Invitationn: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2022
Racoon:
Largest IGR, largest debtor. Alpha-Beta Burdillion conduit pipe corruption.
Credit worthiness grin
Not everyone is credit worthy.
US is the largest debtor in the world, the richest too.
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by njelrapheal: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2022
dreamxhaser:

Kano state is almost 20million not know city (capital) oooo
na so. De lie wella. Which census you get thus data from
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Jking20(m): 10:11am On Oct 19, 2022
I know my state won't make it here
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Goke7: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2022
candidtalk:

This is sacrosanct. Yet the problem is that most Nigerians are not significantly aware of the problems to then be able to discern solutions.

If, for example, Buhari had come in to insist on the transformation of the North through education of children, especially the girl child, then many of the problems of the North, and indeed Nigeria, could be solved.

The North could move towards modernity and progress that will start to reverse the awful statistics of how people of the region constitute 87% of the most poverty-afflicted folks in Nigeria.

Instead Buhari arrived with a feudal agenda others, mainly pro-Fulani bigots, hijacked as influential members of his 'inner crew' he excluded Southerners from.

We cannot keep going around in circles and waiting for individuals (Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, Kwankwaso etal) we continue to hope will get it right.

Why not do what has made Western civilisation great which is to pursue the entrenchment of governance systems that will be resistive to abuse by, for example, a bigoted President and his cabal?

Why continue to leave Nigeria open to a 'winner take all' retrogressive Presidential system meaning any single individual, once President, can hijack all our lives by insisting we must all drink Akamu when some want Rice or Agbado. Lol.

If Nigerians are really productively educated then it is a change of system we must agitate for not the redundant concept of a messiah President.

Tinubu has made recent manifesto announcement about convening regional Committees, to ensure every region get the best out of their peculiarity and competitive advantages, to the glory of Nigeria.

It.was confirmation of what I have always personally suspected that SW Governors never made their unanimous demand for regional system of governance without the approval and direction of Tinubu.

This is why I personally support Tinubu to be President. I don't view him a messiah with a magic wand. No singke Nigerian is.

Me, you and every Nigerian are the messiah collectively if only we gain the system that unlocks out individual talents and potentials while giving us failsafe checks-and-balances options to ensure malevolent interest groups or individuals do not hijack our lives and progress parochially ever again.

For example, we all know State or regional policing can vastly improve our security. Yet we are all comfortable allowing a President resist this on behalf of 230 million people. Senators and elected representatives of their people, like Governors, just let Buhari and his crew do as they please supervising preventable deaths and misery.

We all know know restructuring , resource control, fiscal federalism etal can rescue Nigeria long term, regardless of whose Ox is gored in the short term, yet we allowed Buhari to announce that those agitating for restructuring are 'naive and dangerous'.

One man, because he is President, makes such an arrogant statement, with very detrimental impact, on behalf of 230 million people yet we all 'fem'.

Including legislators who are supposed to host oversight function over the executive arm and over Buhari.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/those-calling-for-restructuring-naive-dangerous-says-buhari/amp/

We must get rid of our current presidential system
That is the really fight and not any naive clamour for a messiah inTinubu, Atiku, Obi, Kwnakwaso etal.

Our problem will remain how to get most Nigerians thinking on the same page. Impossible in my opinion, because of tribalism and religious discrimination etal, and the reason I will always back what is shown below because I feel we all should not suffer because we do not have the same awareness. That is fundamentally wrong.

As bad as buhari is he wanted local govt allocations to go to the local govt directly, the state govs fought it even to the supreme Court. Even autonomy for state judiciary was resisted. Na who dey do us like this nah.
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Abujaexpress: 10:30am On Oct 19, 2022
omonnakoda:
You are easily impressed and that is why Edo is going nowhere
Contradictory statement
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 19, 2022
Goke7:

As bad as buhari is he wanted local govt allocations to go to the local govt directly, the state govs fought it even to the supreme Court. Even autonomy for state judiciary was resisted. Na who dey do us like this nah.

Bro, Buhari does not have a cohesive and consistent outlook to solutions-provision that leaders who have transformed nations do.

I campaigned for the man in 2014 and believed in him so much. Even viewed him a father of all Nigerians.

I am not saying everything he did is wrong. I always give him credit for his achievement as President.

Where I fundamentally departed from Buhari was his big failure, as one of the most authoritative Nigerian ever, to implement the fundamental reforms that can move Nigeria forward and set us up as a nation no individual mentality or parochial interest can hijack.

Buhari's biggest failing is his readiness to view the North as victims of Nigeria's reality rather than accept that Northern leaders are woeful, disappointing and the architect of the failure of the North.

No effort to use presidential power to favour the North, and deprive the rest of Nigeria, can ever work because the North lacks even the most fundamental requirement they need to make progress.

Buhari's brief was simple. Give tough and modernisation love to the North. Prioritise education, greater secularism, abolishment of the redundant almajiri system and promotion of gender equality in favour of Northern women. These are fairly simple concepts that have evolved the societies Nigerians flee to today.

Alongside that effort, Buhari can move on to deliver fundamental changes to ensure all Nigerians lives and property are safer.

He could have embraces State or regional policing instead of parochially enduring with our redundant and thoroughly failed NPF structure because he feels central retention and control of Nigeria's policing must keeps the North in charge of armed 'might'.

He would then embrace changes that would mean , if he had Awolowo-type vision, support for policies with far-reaching and transformational benefits in the long term for everyone even if punitive to some in the short term.

That is what fathers of nations, like Mustafa Kemal Ataturk of Turkey, deliver. Buhari did some things right but he failed woefully because he cannot see, appreciate and commit to the big picture on behalf of every Nigerian.

I don't blame him for that because Nigeria is a very diverse nation of very different people.

We will never change for the better until we accept we must devise a system that prioritises productivity and development above our ethnic, religious and sectional differences.

We try to hide these biases but it is in all of us. We should accept and use them positively by creating more autonomy for people to go and make.progress according to their affiliations and core beliefs.

1 Like

Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Simeonjoe1: 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2022
happney65:

Not bad.. Kaduna too is not sleeping.
Just this year alone it has drawn investment worth over 500 million dollars in H1.
Investors are trooping in with massive investment.

Well this is what state governments should be doing. It should all be about competition using their comparative local advantage, exploiting it to maximize income generation.
Just like the VP said its high time states starts to view themselves as a sovereign nation, thinking creatively as if theirs no federal allocation.
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Goke7: 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
candidtalk:

Bro, Buhari does not have a cohesive and consistent outlook to solutions-provision that leaders who have transformed nations do.

I campaigned for the man in 2014 and believed in him so much. Even viewed him a father of all Nigerians.

I am not saying everything he did is wrong. I always give him credit for his achievement as President.

Where I fundamentally departed from Buhari was his big failure, as one of the most authoritative Nigerian ever, to implement the fundamental reforms that can move Nigeria forward and set us up as a nation no individual mentality or parochial interest can hijack.

Buhari's biggest failing is his readiness to view the North as victims of Nigeria's reality rather than accept that Northern leaders are woeful, disappointing and the architect of the failure of the North.

No effort to use presidential power to favour the North, and deprive the rest of Nigeria, can ever work because the North lacks even the most fundamental requirement they need to make progress.

Buhari's brief was simple. Give tough and modernisation love to the North. Prioritise education, greater secularism, abolishment of the redundant almajiri system and promotion of gender equality in favour of Northern women. These are fairly simple concepts that have evolved the societies Nigerians flee to today.

Alongside that effort, Buhari can move on to deliver fundamental changes to ensure all Nigerians lives and property are safer.

He could have embraces State or regional policing instead of parochially enduring with our redundant and thoroughly failed NPF structure because he feels central retention and control of Nigeria's policing must keeps the North in charge of armed 'might'.

He would then embrace changes that would mean , if he had Awolowo-type vision, support for policies with far-reaching and transformational benefits in the long term for everyone even if punitive to some in the short term.

That is what fathers of nations, like Mustafa Kemal Ataturk of Turkey, deliver. Buhari did some things right but he failed woefully because he cannot see, appreciate and commit to the big picture on behalf of every Nigerian.

I don't blame him for that because Nigeria is a very diverse nation of very different people.

We will never change for the better until we accept we must devise a system that prioritises productivity and development above our ethnic, religious and sectional differences.

We try to hide these biases but it is in all of us. We should accept and use them positively by creating more autonomy for people to go and make.progress according to their affiliations and core beliefs.

I agree with you that buhari failed completely but that's has been my point earlier, hardly we will have any president to facilitate restructuring as it will whittle down their power. For example for a Nigerian president to allow regional police will be difficult as the IG will no longer take an order from him.

Another issue we must realise is that other regions which you have mentioned too have deep rooted socio cultural issues that negates modern development even in the SS and SE.

We need to create more awareness of these socio cultural issues and make them realise the negative effects to even their regions or else they will keep pulling us back
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by happney65: 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Not bad.. Kaduna too is not sleeping.
Just this year alone it has drawn investment worth over 500 million dollars in H1.
Investors are trooping in with massive investment.

Well this is what state governments should be doing. It should all be about competition using their comparative local advantage, exploiting it to maximize income generation.
Just like the VP said its high time states starts to view themselves as a sovereign nation, thinking creatively as if theirs no federal allocation.

Yeah. Actually even with FDI's Oyo too is doing excellently well more than Kaduna. The last release by the NBS showed Lagos, Abuja,Anambra and Oyo being the only states that got FDI.

However I still give it to Kaduna. Dude tried sha from where he got it. It was Oguns commissioner of finance that he got that did the magic for him. Don't know why other states during his time did not try to copy that too
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by demmie1: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
One day Southwest will stop slaving for the failed country. The region igr is bigger than igr of all other regions combined yet they don't receive up to 50% of allocations
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by veekid(m): 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
happney65:

Everything you said here, on point, but you see that number 3? That's a joke. Come to Iwo road and see things yourself. That terminal is far away from finishing by the end of this year, maybe you mean by the end of 2023 sha, but not this 2022.
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by happney65: 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
veekid:

Everything you said here, on point, but you see that number 3? That's a joke. Come to Iwo road and see things yourself. That terminal is far away from finishing by the end of this year, maybe you mean by the end of 2023 sha, but not this 2022.

I meant to say next year sha. I think early next year should do. I think na roofing level them dey as they don roof some places. Na the same company Planet project dey build for other states too.

Next year should do
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Simeonjoe1: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
happney65:

Yeah. Actually even with FDI's Oyo too is doing excellently well more than Kaduna. The last release by the NBS showed Lagos, Abuja,Anambra and Oyo being the only states that got FDI.

However I still give it to Kaduna. Dude tried sha from where he got it. It was Oguns commissioner of finance that he got that did the magic for him. Don't know why other states during his time did not try to copy that too

Who's the man...
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Bashir75: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
[quote author=trutharena post=117673571]

AT THIS POINT, LAGOS SHOULD JUST BUY THE WHOLE SOUTH EAST AND USE IT FOR ..........
Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
Goke7:

I agree with you that buhari failed completely but that's has been my point earlier, hardly we will have any president to facilitate restructuring as it will whittle down their power. For example for a Nigerian president to allow regional police will be difficult as the IG will no longer take an order from him.

Another issue we must realise is that other regions which you have mentioned too have deep rooted socio cultural issues that negates modern development even in the SS and SE.

We need to create more awareness of these socio cultural issues and make them realise the negative effects to even their regions or else they will keep pulling us back

Totally agree with you. This is why I always advocate we acknowledge our differences, account for them, accommodate them and use them to work for all of us positively.

We need to stop denying we are different and trying to force a 'one Nigeria' template on everyone in every corner of our nation. Nigerians have a huge capacity for dishonesty, 419 and deceit.

If not we would have had a sincere talk convention where we trash out our differences and devise governance structure that will accommodate those differences and use them well.

As far as I see it today, only Yorubas are doing things far more right than others are. When Igbo man wakes up he will coin the term Yerooba Muslim to divide the exemplary religious harmony of the Yoruba he should be emulating, if sensible, but is actually jealous of and wish to destroy.

Northerners too will tell you Yoruba moslems, like Tinubu, are not 'real moslems'. Yet where has over-religiousity got the North?

Nigeria today is very unfair to Yorubas and is the reason our leaders now uncompromisingly want more control , via regional governance, to shape SW region and lives independent of the prejudice and peculiarities of other Nigerians.

I think, beyond any Presidency, Yorubas must insist on fundamental change of governance structure so we can positively control how we wish to live as much as possible. Otherwise we will drown with 'one Nigeria'.

1 Like

Re: NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States by Simeonjoe1: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
demmie1:
One day Southwest will stop slaving for the failed country. The region igr is bigger than igr of all other regions combined yet they don't receive up to 50% of allocations

I don't get is the igr generated not for the state alone. And does the FG no have their own generation agency from all state which is being shared.....
Will Lagos share their 750bn to FG? Shey be na Lagos get am...
FAAC is different and everyone must be carried along

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike’s Presidential Posters Flood Abuja (Photo) / Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. / I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.