Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? (45055 Views)

Who Knows The Name Of This Fish? / Please Who Knows The Name Of This Fish? / How To Identify Original Exeter Corned Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Taigaban: 6:17am On Oct 20, 2022
A
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Counterfeit: 6:22am On Oct 20, 2022
A is the original. The black markings on the skin is usually bigger and more visible .
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Ensquare(m): 6:31am On Oct 20, 2022
Boil the two differently, add pepper, salt and maggi. Put them in two different plates bring them to me, after eating I will tell you the different.thank you

2 Likes

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Jilo83(m): 6:32am On Oct 20, 2022
obembet:
I must be sincere, till today, I still don't know the difference between this two fish physically.

By taste, I know the one is sweeter and very tasty expecially when you boil, then other doesn't taste so nice like that. So is there truly a fake and original? How do I identify original one?
Starting from the skin: original is whiter (soft)than fake.
Head: original smaller..
Just tell the seller that you don't want Kampala o na original mackrel you wan.
He/she will know that you Sabi
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Breastfeed: 6:59am On Oct 20, 2022
Fish na fish na, which one come be fake again? I know all of them are sweet especially when eating with bread tongue, meanwhile after eating you can always suck the dirt away with this superb blower.

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Obascoetubi: 7:28am On Oct 20, 2022
sidney22:
The original has smaller eyes while the ‘fake’ has bulky eyes.
Learnt that from a fish seller.
How can fish be fake?
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by drfasam(m): 8:11am On Oct 20, 2022
obembet:
I must be sincere, till today, I still don't know the difference between this two fish physically.

By taste, I know the one is sweeter and very tasty expecially when you boil, then other doesn't taste so nice like that. So is there truly a fake and original? How do I identify original one?

This is Titus
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by aujile(m): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2022
sidney22:
The original has smaller eyes while the ‘fake’ has bulky eyes.
Learnt that from a fish seller.
You correct!
I almost bought the fake because it was bigger, but the seller said she doesn't want to do me bad because i always buy from her. She gave me this same info even went ahead to pinch both to reveal the color

1 Like

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by isreal012(m): 8:36am On Oct 20, 2022
A is the original. The stripes are thicker and bolder. Not too big eyes
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by SugarGirl44(f): 8:37am On Oct 20, 2022
obembet:

A is the original.
B is skumbia aka fake
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by SugarGirl44(f): 8:38am On Oct 20, 2022
Ensquare:
Boil the two differently, add pepper, salt and maggi. Put them in two different plates bring them to me, after eating I will tell you the different.thank you

Lol. You too like food.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by imagrg(m): 9:21am On Oct 20, 2022
Chei, fake products everywhere.

Fake isi-ewu would soon be exposed too. grin

NAFDAC please tell us which of these fish is fake oh.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by seunak2016: 10:20am On Oct 20, 2022
jomarick:
what do u mean by fake, are u saying its made of plastic?
no be so, just that it won't sweet like big white one
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Indispensable85(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2022
seunak2016:
not completely white, I mean the white part of it will be WHITE. while other look normal black mix

Thanks
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by seunak2016: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2022
Indispensable85:

Thanks
the fish is expensive now, because it's always good and mostly BIG. people no to dey buy the original again, na the other one most people dey settle with
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Chizzychinny: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2022
The taste is the different, the difference is in the taste.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by sleekman(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
seunak2016:
original always WHITE, I think A is original not sure if B is original or fake

There's nothing like original or fake when it comes to this fish. The tastier ones were caught in the wild, the less tastier were farmed indoors. That's the major difference.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Mbaya28: 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2022
There are over ''THIRTY (30) SPECIES of MACKEREL'', so its possible you ate one of it and would'nt know which is which. so my brother enjoy anyone you find available! They are all MACKEREL...
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Perocom(m): 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2022
obembet:

1) The Head:
Titus has a small head, smaller eyeballs, with a long pointed snout compared to Kampala, which has a bigger head.

2) The Belly:
You can use this method to differentiate Titus from Kampala. Turn the fish around to check for the belly. Titus is clear, pure white and shiny with no spot, Kampala is otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by ericmor: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2022
Dialpad:
Is there fake fish again?

me self tire
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by HolyMan12: 12:35am On Oct 21, 2022
uuzba:
What kind of dumb question is this?
Fish is an animal. There is no fake animal.
Buy the 2 and eat.
One is Mackerel and the other is Titus.
Use Wikipedia to know which of them is which.

Haven't you heard of fake Buhari? grin
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by alloy123: 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
modified breed not fake ooooo.....kind of cross breeding.
SaturnNick:
Fake fish

1 Like

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by limitless777(m): 10:16am On Oct 22, 2022
baralatie:

Is Titus the same as mackerel

Salmon is the same as ""Titus"" fish but in Nigeria, Sardines are popularly known as 'Titus Fish'. Titus fish is a canned sardine brand that become popular among Nigerians and hence most people now refer to sardines as Titus fish.

Peace ✌ Boss.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Ensquare(m): 10:55am On Oct 23, 2022
God created us to eat n multiply that is all
SugarGirl44:

Lol. You too like food.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Tundex911: 6:17am On Oct 25, 2022
Op

Don't forget A comes before B, in cases of choose in market go for your mind ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Barber Drinks To Death In Lagos Over N10,000 / My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / Man Beats Goat For Eating His Jollof Rice (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.