Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? (45051 Views)

Who Knows The Name Of This Fish? / Please Who Knows The Name Of This Fish? / How To Identify Original Exeter Corned Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by whitecloud: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2022
The difference is in the taste, cook the two separately, you will surely know the difference
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Soknown: 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
There is a particular type called cero mackerel. On the Sea, we call it Yellow tail fish. Not so common in the market.

https://www.americanoceans.org/facts/types-of-mackerel/

Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by ogorwyne(f): 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
We learn everyday. I didn't even know there was an original and fake of this kind of fish cheesy. Never been a fan of anything fresh fish though.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Mbenny(m): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
obembet:

I know but u should be able to identify the original before you buy na
which one is original again? do you mean we have fake fish
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by lomprico(m): 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
obembet:
I must be sincere, till today, I still don't know the difference between this two fish physically.

By taste, I know the one is sweeter and very tasty expecially when you boil, then other doesn't taste so nice like that. So is there truly a fake and original? How do I identify original one?

A is the original. It has darker stripes
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by EvangelistChuks(m): 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
A is the original
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by onlinestaff2020: 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
olusam4:
Tiao kingdom footwear
Quality shoes can be counted on
They increase wearing comfort, reinforce foot health and, through their perfect fit and construction, ensure an elegant appearance, one which can be perfected with knowledge of the correct dress code.
We sell both wholesales and retail.
Chat us on WhatsApp for more designs.

18k for easy wear for this Buhari and BATs era.
That money is enough to feed for two weeks. Who easy wear epp?
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Alldew: 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
The one that is whiter and the pattern is well shown and bolder is the original.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Plm11: 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
Darker
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by porthouse7(f): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2022
obembet:

Do you eat this kind fish?
see question
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by KennethEnyi(m): 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
So they get fake fish now which useless thing wey them no go get for this stupid country
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by tonididdy(m): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
A is original
B is the fake

The lines in the original are more defined and darker compared to the other.
Taste wise also ...the A is sweeter, the B tastes like paper.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by wumi2017(f): 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2022
Fish na fish.wetin be original wetin be fake,,d Koko be say make e sweet
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Raregem9000(m): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2022
If you ask the person selling it, she will tell you it's original even if it's fake. It's after cooking you'll discover that it's fake she gave you
SeniorMan715:
Ask the selling it u won't know because that's not your field. Every business have a secret
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Raregem9000(m): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
The original dey sweet pass the fake one. Lol
wumi2017:
Fish na fish.wetin be original wetin be fake,,d Koko be say make e sweet
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by ejimatic: 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
obembet:
I must be sincere, till today, I still don't know the difference between this two fish physically.

By taste, I know the one is sweeter and very tasty expecially when you boil, then other doesn't taste so nice like that. So is there truly a fake and original? How do I identify original one?
. Is this what they calkk Titus.or Alaran in Yoruba?
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Melagros(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
Dialpad:
Is there fake fish again?
Please help me ask them
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by ukaface(f): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
How do they make fake fish?

Some werey fit talk say Na from Aba the fake fish dey come.
Fake fish? Never heard of that.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by jomarick(m): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
seunak2016:
original always WHITE, I think A is original not sure if B is original or fake
what do u mean by fake, are u saying its made of plastic?
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by jubrilcastle(m): 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2022
Jokerman:
This is Titus na...
Titus fish na local name. There's no fish in the world called Titus fish. Na market women name the fish so
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by omonighoblessing(f): 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
B is the original. Original is more white than the fake
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by afrika(f): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
You will tell the taste
And the taste will tell u.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by SeniorMan715(m): 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2022
The seller work is to conceive you and sell market, heartfelt ask your customer or any fish seller preferable when you aren't buying they will sincerely tell you the truth.
Raregem9000:
If you ask the person selling it, she will tell you it's original even if it's fake. It's after cooking you'll discover that it's fake she gave you
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Mom007(f): 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2022
My mom had a frozen foods shop for about 10yrs so trust me when I say A is fake, B is original. The fakes are usually bigger, darker flesh and look closely at the different shapes of the head. We used to call it PAKO Titus because its not sweet at all. grin
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by mkoabiola: 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2022
Me de chop anyone ooo
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by observanc1: 12:03am On Oct 20, 2022
obembet:

There is original and fake of that fish.. but I only identify whenever I taste.. so I wish to Identify before I pay
please explain to me what u mean by original and fake of fish. I thought what the OP called fake meant that one was a 'plastic' fish or so.
But from u say, it's just different varieties, but they are both real fish
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:43am On Oct 20, 2022
So there is fake fish
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by colizee(m): 12:46am On Oct 20, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
use your finger to rub the body, if you notice oil! That's the sweet one, the other one have nothing like oil in it

If they put them together won't the oil transfer to the other one? I think that's a risky way to differentiate them, other means of identification should be employed as well.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Junlimited(f): 3:25am On Oct 20, 2022
these are two different species. For me, B is more oily. A is referred to Original while B is referred to Kampala.
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Caseywilliams(m): 4:56am On Oct 20, 2022
Catcher.. grin grin grin
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by Ruthymoon(f): 5:08am On Oct 20, 2022
A, is the original one, the one with straight lines, thats the real skubian kiss kiss kiss
Re: Mackerel: How Do I Identify Original From This Fish? by unbrandedcosy(m): 5:30am On Oct 20, 2022
[quote author=obembet post=117700951]I must be sincere, till today, I still don't know the difference between this two fish .The original is B. IT has a very clear and shiny body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly? / Barber Drinks To Death In Lagos Over N10,000 / My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.