Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) (29295 Views)

Senator Ibrahim Oloriegbe Slams Brain Drain Bill / Prostitutes In Zimbabwe Now Using Bread Packets As Condom Prices Rise / Patients Starve As Food Stocks Dry Up At Zimbabwe Government Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 20, 2022
Hed0nist:

They won’t pay their workers well. The government officials collect exorbitant salaries for doing basically nothing. Doctors in LUTH have not been paid for at least 10 months. No one talks about this.

Yet blocking people from migration to more economically favorable areas is the good thing to do.

Africans especially Nigerians are our own problem. The way we think is so twisted.
Nigerian government workers don't get paid that much and you can't say they are not doing anything, they are the law makers, go to Abuja and you would see how government workers are complaining and lamenting, but if you say Top Government workers like Senators, House of reps I agree but you see all this officers in Ministry, MDAs and Agencies, they work their ass and nothing much to show for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Gentlechika(m): 9:02am On Oct 20, 2022
Mercury12:
Africa is under attack cry
sad reality. The earlier we rise to this occasion, the better for d black race. Redefined form of slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Pymetrics: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2022
Before we blame the government of Zimbabwe for poor governance, why don't we look at this way.
The west is limiting the number of child birth, promoting homosexuality and the likes which will reduce population growth. But they need workforce, and this can't be achieved without birth. So they turned to Africa, to exploit their birth growth in order to fill their short workforce. Leaving Africa with no useful human resources. Also they encourage Africa to key in to their campaign of birth control and homosexuality while taking useful African human resources to fill their workforce strength. Is this not a lose lose for Africa? We birth the child, nurture her, grow her and then end up with them. They need work force, but they don't want to produce the workforce, but looking for elsewhere to exploit. The west should drop their homosexuality campaign and birth control. They also have men who are ready to score dozens of goals. Instead of taking Africa a slavery version 2 in the name of better life.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by YoshihideSuga: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2022
Something Tinubu can implement should he become Nigeria's next president. And his Agbadorians will support it.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by texannaija: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2022
timesuploaded:
There is nothing like greener pastures. It is slavery. Visa is the slave ship. Nurses are far better off in Zimbabwe and Nigeria instead of UK or America where they work like slaves round the clock. They are reward with peanut salary and depression

Peanut salary indeed. Make una dey deceive unaselves up and down. Make opportunity to
Japa come, make I see if you go still stay Naija.

Hypocrites everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Gentlechika(m): 9:03am On Oct 20, 2022
dyera:
Foolish nurses, want to Japa to go and work as slaves in the white man land.

I Spit on Africans that are running away from their country, instead of staying to develop it.

If the ancestors of the white man ran away from their land, would their country be as developed as it is today.

Instead of running away because things are difficult in your country, stay and fight for the betterment of your country.
God bless you boss
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2022
DIVAD2000:

Hmmm

Your point is that people should not live their lives because they are doctors

People should die poor, because of their profession

Meanwhile the government you're celebrating can travel abroad and sponsor their kids and families abroad

Wow, I love your biased statement

What i am simply saying is that if the government is giving you cheap education for an essential service, it should be used for the society for at least 5 years. No worry, when you go hospital na babalawo go attend to you.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by JUHABACH: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:
Good move. Nigeria must do this next.
African countries can't be training medical and health practitioners for 1/50 the cost of the UK. Only for the same beneficiaries to leave the system and be of use to a society that did not train them.
Insult me all you can but when you or a loved one is having a medical issue and you are stuck with an auxiliary nurse and you have to be on a 3hour queue because there are few doctors on standby, then your eye will clear. Unfortunately, you will blame Buhari or the next president.

Please you had better keep quiet.

What kind of witchcraft is this?

You don't pay people according to their worth. You don't fund their place of work. You don't even deliver the basics of good governance. When their children or they themselves get sick, it's the same UK that they run to for treatment.

Yet, here they are blocking people from trying to better their lives, and mugus like you are cheering the government on?

Did the government train those doctors for free? Even if they did, is it by force to work in a place where you are not appreciated?

Abeg, you had better park well. Don't be unfortunate this morning.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
I don't really care what the government should do, as long as it makes sure that those nurses don't leave the country because the more they leave, the more we South Africans are affected by it, and the more African foreign nationals will be calling us xenophobic without bothering to hear our side of the story.

From your comment, you are already being xenophobic because there was no mention of SA in the story. Even the topic clearly stated the destination of the nurses but you decided to show your xenophobic colours

4 Likes

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by 30naira: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:
African countries can't be training medical and health practitioners for 1/50 the cost of the UK. Only for the same beneficiaries to leave the system and be of use to a society that did not train them.
Insult me all you can but when you or a loved one is having a medical issue and you are stuck with an auxiliary nurse and you have to be on a 3hour queue because there are few doctors on standby, then your eye will clear. Unfortunately, you will blame Buhari or the next president.

I'm not going to insult you, I'd rather engage you constructively.

My parents paid for me to become a nurse. They paid alot by Nigerian standards. I sacrificed a lot as well . I spent 7 years 5 year course, not because I failed, but because the government failed. The government did not 'train' me in the manner you are suggesting, I paid for my education. I don't owe the government anything.

Secondly, do you hold this same opinion against politicians who use our taxes to seek healthcare abroad? Or is it just the nurses you are bitter about?

6 Likes

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2022
Tokskob2008:

But is it bad if the African governments pay this workers the value of the services the render? When you train someone and then purposely start starving the person won't there be arguments and scuffles?

By the way the same government trained politicians, ministers, governors and other and they are paid heavily so why should doctors, nurses and teachers go through hardship when they are ones all those paid heavily run to at the end of the day when they need help

Yeah government is part of the blame. They are not encouraging us.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 9:05am On Oct 20, 2022
Reference:

You are a failed citizen that will be pouring water on fire while the fuel tap is open.
Better wake up.
No man is a slave to another.
Let government stop funding education and we all wallow in ignorance in that case if it cannot build an economy to care for its people.

You are a failed soul if you cannot pick reason from what i inferred.

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2022
Pymetrics:
Before we blame the government of Zimbabwe for poor governance, why don't we look at this way.
The west is limiting the number of child birth, promoting homosexuality and the likes which will reduce population growth. But they need workforce, and this can't be achieved without birth. So they turned to Africa, to exploit their birth growth in order to fill their short workforce. Leaving Africa with no useful human resources. Also they encourage Africa to key in to their campaign of birth control and homosexuality while taking useful African human resources to fill their workforce strength. Is this not a lose lose for Africa? We birth the child, nurture her, grow her and then end up with them. They need work force, but they don't want to produce the workforce, but looking for elsewhere to exploit. The west should drop their homosexuality campaign and birth control. They also have men who are ready to score dozens of goals. Instead of taking Africa a slavery version 2 in the name of better life.

What has all this got to do with the issue?

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by DIVAD2000: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:

What i am simply saying is that if the government is giving you cheap education for an essential service, it should be used for the society for at least 5 years. No worry, when you go hospital na babalawo go attend to you.

And your same government can't take the same service

Doctors and nurses are humans not robots

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 9:07am On Oct 20, 2022
harsysky:

You somewhat sound right, but you fail to ask how other sane countries are able to build their various sectors for their trained citizens to stay. There are always migrations even in developed countries because one's needs are insatiable.

Lemme be frank with you, even if they increase their salaries here by times 10, they will only save enough to move. The reason being that aside their fat salaries, they would need security, easy movement and peace of mind. That's what these countries offer that is making people go there.

Yeah it is obvious. Even I myself will gladly grab a japa opportunity. But it doesn't make our home any better. Africa really needs to fix itself.

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Gokoyer1401: 9:07am On Oct 20, 2022
Well, this is our neighbor situation for instance.
Africa is a dark continent indeed.

https://www.thecable.ng/report-ghanas-cedi-now-worlds-worst-performing-currency-against-us-dollar/amp
inoki247:
I sha know no be only Nigeria dey go through all diz Jargons u will get to some Africa countries u will feel like so Nigeria still get hope....

Imagine having smaller populations he still hard for u to rule dem and du something of benefits for dem...

Africans no get Leader na Ladder we get de are just climbing us to loot every corner....

See now the leaders are making dere Citizens to goan join Modern Day Slavery all because derr comfort zone isn't conducive for dem....

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by billgabb(m): 9:07am On Oct 20, 2022
Who are you fighting exactly? The leaders who has refused to relinquish power to the younger generation? The government that has made the citizens hungry to the extent of singing their praises? Fight what exactly? Oil theft by the leaders? Fight poor resources management by the FG? Better leave the country if you have the means, this is my advice to whoever love peace if mind.
dyera:

I Spit on Africans that are running away from their country, instead of staying to develop it.

If the ancestors of the white man ran away from their land, would their country be as developed as it is today.

Instead of running away because things are difficult in your country, stay and fight for the betterment of your country.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Ate247(m): 9:08am On Oct 20, 2022
There should all leave. You can't be blaming this European countries because you can't fix yours as a result your bad governance and corruption. How will I have the option to chose between clean and dirty water and I go for dirty water. I'm not mad yet and Nigeria or any African nation shouldn't make it citizen go through pain.

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 9:08am On Oct 20, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Pls stop thinking upside down. Why didn't buhari use the money he used for medical trip abroad to pay nigerian doctors. He took nigerian money to go pay exorbitant fees to doctors in the UK and you say doctors shouldn't migrate. Did buhari and Tinubu not know that nigeria has trained medical practitioners before they travel abroad to splash our resources on those the country didn't train?

You forgot to blame Abacha, Obj, late Yar Adua and GEJ too.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Taich(m): 9:09am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:

That is curing the symptom without addressing the root cause of the disease. Migration to greener pasture will continue. Have you ever been close to most children of top government official in this country? Most live large without lifting a finger, until African systems returns to merit based, people will always go to where they are more appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 9:10am On Oct 20, 2022
kalu081:

Why are u talking as if they were trained for free, their parents paid fees for them to become doctors/nurses, so don't expect them not to travel to a better environment that pays

Moreover, if u cannot stop the children of politicians from schooling abroad u have no right to stop doctors/nurses from migrating abroad for greener pasture

Education in Nigeria is SUBSIDIZED
Google medical education cost in a state or federal university in Nigeria and compare to USA or UK.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Bobbiee: 9:10am On Oct 20, 2022
Simple solution: Pay them more, and with benefits, and they won't leave.

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 9:11am On Oct 20, 2022
proclinician:

You are a fool.

An entry level MBBS doing residency earns 2.5m a year in Nigeria while same earns 53m in u.k.

Miserable bastard.

How much i pity your parents and those close to you. The way you dish out insults must mean you are a plague to everyone you come by.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:11am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:

You forgot to blame Abacha, Obj, late Yar Adua and GEJ too.

Blame them for me
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 9:12am On Oct 20, 2022
MeaslesMumpsRub:

You have reasoned in light but it will be good for the FG to improve the working conditions o health workers in Nigeria before enacting such desperate measures.

True that FG is also contributing to this.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by lomprico(m): 9:12am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:

Who you train? Fool

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Blame them for me

Im for solutions not blames
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Ladygbola(f): 9:13am On Oct 20, 2022
timesuploaded:
There is nothing like greener pastures. It is slavery. Visa is the slave ship. Nurses are far better off in Zimbabwe and Nigeria instead of UK or America where they work like slaves round the clock. They are reward with peanut salary and depression

Who told you they work like slaves? You just open your mouth waaaaaa and talk trash. When I was in Nigeria before leaving to UK after passing my PLAB exams, I have had series of rest of mind without thinking of doing so much work. I work with the best of equipment in the hospital and I don't over work myself. Patients hardly see the Doctor unlike here in Nigeria everything is Dr...Dr.
.Dr.. I remember working for 72 hours as a house officer in Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Ile-ife which can never happen anywhere in developed countries. I earn a reasonable amount of money and enjoy myself with my life and property secured .
. You can't create laws and tell people not to leave the system. You can't force people to stay in Nigeria. You can't make life difficult for one not to migrate for green pastures. In as much people are leaving there are those that want to stay as well. Don't come here and be forcing Doctors to stay and treat Nigerians. If you so that a Doctor can deliberately kill a patient and nobody will know after all there are easy ways to kill patients without anybody even having a idea of what went wrong. Don't ever suggest holding them back in Nigeria because your relatives or yourself can be a victim of circumstance in the wrong hands of a Doctor who wanted to leave and was deprived of that opportunity and you can die in his or her hands. You can only advocate for better rumeration and good working condition for them.
Pls stop saying they are slaves or working like a slave. You have not been to America or United Kingdom to know how their system works. It's even you that is in Nigeria that works like a slave than those working abroad as a doctor I speak from experience. They value human life and they don't over work a doctor. They know how many hours a doctor ought to work to prevent physician burnout unlike Nigeria where nobody cares.

4 Likes

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Walz001: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2022
Its agood move though
But we should clear up our mess if we Africans want a better environment for ourself

Let the government of Africa come together and build africa we have all it takes to do the right thing

If anyone found guilty judge him accordingly

Let practice Love and Progress from Our front first
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Ladygbola(f): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2022
dyera:

Who told you they work like slaves? You just open your mouth waaaaaa and talk trash. When I was in Nigeria before leaving to UK after passing my PLAB exams, I have had series of rest of mind without thinking of doing so much work. I work with the best of equipment in the hospital and I don't over work myself. Patients hardly see the Doctor unlike here in Nigeria everything is Dr...Dr.
.Dr.. I remember working for 72 hours as a house officer in Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Ile-ife which can never happen anywhere in developed countries. I earn a reasonable amount of money and enjoy myself with my life and property secured .
. You can't create laws and tell people not to leave the system. You can't force people to stay in Nigeria. You can't make life difficult for one not to migrate for green pastures. In as much people are leaving there are those that want to stay as well. Don't come here and be forcing Doctors to stay and treat Nigerians. If you so that a Doctor can deliberately kill a patient and nobody will know after all there are easy ways to kill patients without anybody even having a idea of what went wrong. Don't ever suggest holding them back in Nigeria because your relatives or yourself can be a victim of circumstance in the wrong hands of a Doctor who wanted to leave and was deprived of that opportunity and you can die in his or her hands. You can only advocate for better rumeration and good working condition for them.
Pls stop saying they are slaves or working like a slave. You have not been to America or United Kingdom to know how their system works. It's even you that is in Nigeria that works like a slave than those working abroad as a doctor I speak from experience. They value human life and they don't over work a doctor. They know how many hours a doctor ought to work to prevent physician burnout unlike Nigeria where nobody cares.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by CheapHomes1: 9:14am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:

Im for solutions not blames

I and many others have responded to your "solution". Haven't we?
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by lomprico(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2022
DoctorAbk:
Nigerian Government need to act quick before we loose all our professional Doctors.

Act bawo! Buhari and his entire family travel out to take panadol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Transformation Photos Of A Once Malnourished Child / Man Narrates How He Survived Being 'Brutally Stabbed' 12 Times (Photo) / Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.