Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Do I Forgive Him? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Forgive Him? (64202 Views)

Should I Forgive Her? / Should I Forgive Him? / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by sniperr007(m): 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:
I'm a lady in my mid- twenties, I got married aged 22, (always wanted to marry early) on the second year of our marriage we were blessed with a baby, parked to our house and things were rosy. I have always been a workaholic due to that I have never lack as a young lady in terms of finance.

I have always helped him in his house projects, might not be much 100k, 50k, 20k when need be. I never siphoned my money to myself, as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head, (3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that we should buy it together, I told him no, I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it, (just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller.we did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

After some weeks, I decided to dig around his phone then I discovered that the account I sent the 600k to, refunded 200k back to my husband, woke him up instantly I demanded for an explanation.he story no make sense. I was heartbroken, for months I was hurt...the two families got involved and settled the issue.money I no see...

Ever since this issue happened,the home has not been peaceful, fighting everyday. I find it so difficult to forgive him. I insult him, he insults me, he broke my phone, I break his door...I was demanded for an apology he says
"I'm his wife, no be today man dey collect him wife money, he say woman go build house for him husband no ear no go hear" those things hurt me more... everyday was fight, I parked out,I went to my sister's place,he didn't call, he didn't reach out.

3 weeks after I parked I discovered I was pregnant,and informed him immediately through text.i stayed at my sister's place for 2 months no word from him... I decide to rent my own place,I rented a place and went to his house to park my remaining stuff,I meet him home,as soon as he sees I came with a truck to park my things he knelt down and started begging me...I was like,na today I commot for your house why now? He say he think say I dey play, he no think say I serious like this,for good two months you didn't say anything why now...with enough dragging I parked my things to my new rented apartment... since the day I park till now this man has not allowed me rest,his family members has been calling me to come back home, his dad came from the village to plead on his behalf.

My dad is insisting I should not go back...I'm now 6 months pregnant ,I need a father in my children's life.im finding it difficult to forgive him,I'm struggling within myself to forgive and trust this man again.

How can I let go of the past and move back with him...I decided to pay him a visit on Friday,he was happy I came,he did everything possible to show me he has changed but that feeling of betrayal and hurt is there.i left there this morning with querrell,I know I started the querrell,but I can't just seem to forgive him.please I need your help and advice on this pressing issue of mine.

No insult please, I have cried enough.

Conclusion: your lack of forgiveness is what scatter your marriage.

Learn to forgive... If you had forgiven him and moved pass the whole ish..

You won't be here writing this.

My own take is learn to forgive. Forgive yourself then forgive your husband.

Whatever happens after that, Na between you and God.

Shalom
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by nwakibie3(m): 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
Fahvvy:
How do you forgive him?
By forgiving him na grin...

Marriage is not relationship o that you can brezz in and out as you wish undecided...
Marriage will test and stretch you farther than anything else will undecided..

On a more serious note...
It's clear and glaring that you don't consider yourself as a team? undecided...

Let's look at your write up undecided...

I have always helped him in his house projects,might not be much 100k,50k,20k when need be,I never siphoned my money to myself,as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head,(3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that "we" should buy it together,I told him no,I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it,( just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller."we" did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

So even when "two have become one" you still act as if you guys are not a team undecided...

The only time the word "we" appeared there, it was because it was suggested by your hubby undecided...

So while he sees you guys as a team, you see yourself as competitors undecided...

Until you change your mindset, it's best you don't go back undecided...

I'm not trying to excuse your hubby's actions, however, if you intend to go back with this mindset of unforgiveness, disunity and distrust, just be prepared for everyday quarrel undecided...

And that too will affect your kids undecided...

Best comment of the year. Pls how do I like this comment a million times?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by dapsoneh: 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
If I am the husband, I will leave u to do ur worse.. On top 200k? U went too far
U have the right to be angry but u really went to far. U had no reason for parking out in the first place. U just needs to be more careful with it finance.. Thats all!
Now that u are pregnant, who u go born the pikinn for? No be the same man?
U better go back while they are still begging you before it becomes OSHE for u

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Yoighaman(m): 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:
I'm a lady in my mid- twenties, I got married aged 22, (always wanted to marry early) on the second year of our marriage we were blessed with a baby, parked to our house and things were rosy. I have always been a workaholic due to that I have never lack as a young lady in terms of finance.

I have always helped him in his house projects, might not be much 100k, 50k, 20k when need be. I never siphoned my money to myself, as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head, (3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that we should buy it together, I told him no, I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it, (just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller.we did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

After some weeks, I decided to dig around his phone then I discovered that the account I sent the 600k to, refunded 200k back to my husband, woke him up instantly I demanded for an explanation.he story no make sense. I was heartbroken, for months I was hurt...the two families got involved and settled the issue.money I no see...

Ever since this issue happened,the home has not been peaceful, fighting everyday. I find it so difficult to forgive him. I insult him, he insults me, he broke my phone, I break his door...I was demanded for an apology he says
"I'm his wife, no be today man dey collect him wife money, he say woman go build house for him husband no ear no go hear" those things hurt me more... everyday was fight, I parked out,I went to my sister's place,he didn't call, he didn't reach out.

3 weeks after I parked I discovered I was pregnant,and informed him immediately through text.i stayed at my sister's place for 2 months no word from him... I decide to rent my own place,I rented a place and went to his house to park my remaining stuff,I meet him home,as soon as he sees I came with a truck to park my things he knelt down and started begging me...I was like,na today I commot for your house why now? He say he think say I dey play, he no think say I serious like this,for good two months you didn't say anything why now...with enough dragging I parked my things to my new rented apartment... since the day I park till now this man has not allowed me rest,his family members has been calling me to come back home, his dad came from the village to plead on his behalf.

My dad is insisting I should not go back...I'm now 6 months pregnant ,I need a father in my children's life.im finding it difficult to forgive him,I'm struggling within myself to forgive and trust this man again.

How can I let go of the past and move back with him...I decided to pay him a visit on Friday,he was happy I came,he did everything possible to show me he has changed but that feeling of betrayal and hurt is there.i left there this morning with querrell,I know I started the querrell,but I can't just seem to forgive him.please I need your help and advice on this pressing issue of mine.

The solution to your marital challenges is very simple: Just find a place in your heart to forgive him and that ends it all, it will work like magic.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
Although am giving my wife cool money and she is making her own too but if she try all this nonsense you wrote here she will go home. Simple

What kind of nonsense is this?

My wife is spending my money, I most not have project before I will see her money.

The problem here is that you're very stingy to the core and is a serious problem to you. His your husban for Christ sake, you share everything, why most you buy land separate when you're living in his house? That's why his did what he did to you.
If you like do mumu loose your husband and go meet redpiller that will seriously deal with that your mentality, by then it will be too late.

Lady go back your husband, 200k is a small money abeg to loose your husband to another woman.

Woman and thier money mentality yet they feed on mens money

17 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by bomsilaga(m): 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

If you don't mind him doing everything in his name now and when he "hammers" big time then your actions are justified otherwise it's appalling to even read that you insisted to buy the land yourself.
An adulterous woman is the woman that breaks wedlock.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Kellycanon: 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
How can you tell your husband you want something only for you. Which means you were already planning on how to separate. Probably your income is bigger than his. Do you know is very hurting to tell your husband yet you say in marriage u are one.
Your father is another problem to you and your marriage by telling you never to go back because he feels you have money .
You be rubbish woman,selfish and lacks respect.
You

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Zonefree(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
I pray never to come across a woman like this OP in my life. So, na this small thing make you pack out of your matrimonial home? I think there are some information you're hiding from us.

Lastly, learn not to be rigid. This attitude of HIS money is our money and MY money is my money should be abolished in marriage.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Bigchristo: 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

Try go police station or marriage counseling center I wonder how your story make it here in the first place

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

your man has no get shame, stealing from a woman is the last thing a progressive man should do. If you cannot reconcile and forgive him break up and let the world know peace!

Marriage is the biggest scam in the world and men are the biggest victims. Women, like you, cause all the quarrel, yet make the biggest noise. I will never advise any man to marry a woman, as that's the beginning of his problems and no gain there except nagging and occasional sex.

PonziHater
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by obayendo1010(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
Everyone here advising you mostly ladies, to hold on your grude, not to forgive and keep you head high are very stup*d, read again, i said very stup*d.. Ma, your husband f** up full time but in a scale of 1 to 10 i will place him 4 and i will place you -2.. you so petty and letting a union of outsprings and fresh souls for you personal pride.... Yes ooo this is just your personal pride, you want to massage your ego too smart to be fool... If the reverse was the case would you be here?
If you not married, don't quote me.....
Lastly to everyone here,if there is not treat to life or treat to community, please never advice any union to seperate you were never there when it was formed.... Stop acting you know when you can't keep a family together.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by drsibz66(m): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
At this point, the woman owes the man an apology. How do you pack ur belongings out of the house over little things. Even if the man stole from you it's not enough to move out of the house. Something that can be settled on bed. I very sure ur husband would have apologised long ago if you hadn't over reacted. People react like this over serious issues like infidelity or violence. Your reaction shows where your heart lies. You worship money

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
Both of you are no longer compatible.Even if you go back if you remember the 200k you go begin quarrel.Make una dey una lane.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
MufasaLion:
You don't need such a stupid, lazy, insensitive and selfish man in your life or your kids'. Move on and continue to provide for yourself and your kids. He abandoned you for months and was trying to manipulate you emotionally when you went to pack things, don't be deceived.

Don't let his family's plead to deceive you. That man can never change. That's his personality and once you go back and deliver that baby, you will be trapped!

You can do well without him! Marriage is not an achievement. There are many successful people in the world raised by single mothers. Don't let the society define your happiness!

See the kind mumu qey dey advice person. Nothing wey person no go see for NL.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by bomsilaga(m): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
Me I won't even have you come to my compound with truck to pick things because you must send people instead
Go and apologize and mind you that you have sown a seed in your husband and in fullness of time he will do similar.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by tnerro1(m): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
Am not going to marry a Nigerian girl so I have no advice to give grin
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Shadysen: 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
i dont know why people take simple something too too deep, why all this anger for 200k your sweet family scattered? as long as he begged you, you should have forgiven him and move on, life is simple but we make it complicated. you went too far dear.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by OkoRemi2023(m): 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
if you're not stingy to him and carry him along financially, how much is 200k that he will lied on

mehn will have 50k will sacrifice all for the family, woman will have 50million, will sacrifice 100k we no go hear words

you're now after 4, better go back to him on time before those lady that do anything to satisfy man get into his house, you're a goner for live

his family were even begging you, as if you're god

are you richer than Folorunsho Alakija?

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by realhovaps(m): 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
Oh I like the way you explained . I wish your husband could see this thread, he did hurt you to be sincere. There's alot if things to learn . I honestly would like a professional to handle this.

We need to be God fearing Men and women and not take things for granted. God help us
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by gaby(m): 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
Romanoff:

She is not toxic. Her concerns are valid and no two human is the same.

Just cause it will be easy for you to forgive such dishonesty doesn't mean it will be easy for her.
With a husband that can scam you like that, who needs an enemy? A wife that has always supported you and is equally hardworking. What is in common 200k that he still had to scam her for?

They sha both need counselling to get past this, it won't be easy but it's doable.

That trust has been broken already so after this, going forward, please, have your own savings as you contribute to the home and family projects and keep receipts.

Next land or property you'll buy, inform him about it, carry him along but source for your own agent yourself to avoid situations like this.

The trust can't be the same again sha, but na to dey manage the situation and to avoid such in the future.

Such genuine, practical, and mature advice.

Mending and regaining a broken trust is tough as every little misdemeanour would cast your mind to that time when the trust got shattered.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by mrkings84(m): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
So because of ordinary 200k you are going thru all these hell even on top all the begging and apologies rendered by him.

I am sorry o, pls don't forgive your husband. He cheated you. Vex to the point that you can drink acid to calm you down.

Life no balance.

Pls may I ask, if you were the one who took your husband's 200k what would have been his stances?

It's only the devil that find it very difficult to forgive.

Spits!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Zonefree:
I pray never to come across a woman like this OP in my life. So, na this small thing make you pack out of your matrimonial home? I think there are some information you're hiding from us.

Lastly, learn not to be rigid. This attitude of HIS money is our money and MY money is my money should be abolished in marriage.

I swear when ever my wife try that shit, I swear she won't like the outcome. When am spending all my Money on her. Who even teach woman that nonsense stupid mentality

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Tradepunter2: 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Men fk this OP, FK THIS STORY AND FK ALL YA THAT HAVEN'T CROSSED THE BRIDGE YET AND ARE DISHING ADVICE..

FEMINIST TALKING CRAP ALSO, FK YA TOO...

YOU WILL ONLY DROWN IN YOUR UNFORGIVING SPIRIT..... NO LIFE JACKET FOR THIS ONE....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Goalnaldo(m): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Rozross:
You readily forgive those you love without a doubting spirit. You are kind of toxic, even me that like trouble dont know how to keep grudges, before the next day as e long reach, i've forgotten that we even had issues. Marriage isnt relationship, learn to accept your partner's flaws and weaknesses and forgive them each time their weaknesses is taking it's toll on them. This one isn't even a big issue sef, its you who has been complicating things. He's sorry and begging you for forgiveness and you still dont want to forgive him, what else do you want? His head? Abeg work on your unforgiven spirit.
Exactly. When I think of what Christ did on the cross, I can't help but throw away unforgiveness in my life. I don't think there's anything someone can do to me that I can't forgive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Optmus(m): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
You're màd.

You need fresh lessons on how to be real feminine.
undecided
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Passionate888: 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Your husband bring idea for both of una to buy land together, you say no, you want to buy it alone! Na wa o, na real wa

16 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Bfly: 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Those i(s), my(s) and alone just showed that you were never truly married. You re still holding to your self.

Wives like you still like to retain maiden names.

Your Husband might be a deadbeat. But i don't give you high five on this, as you have expected.

You can't live outside of your marriage,
You wanted to marry young as well.
I sensed you forced the whole marriage shit without much knowledge.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Blendy77(f): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Your husband saw a land and asked that you both buy and you said you wanted it all by yourself because you can afford it. Does this make any sense to Nairalanders hailing you? If it's your husband who was buoyant and did this to you, will you be able to forgive him? Taking the change that was returned was bad but making an issue out of it, insulting him and also moving out of the house was also wrong on your side. You are lucky you didnt meet another woman there when you returned to pack your things. Since he has apologised and even brought his family too, pls forgive and move back. Learn to do away with holding grudges, they rob you of your peace of mind

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by kologba: 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

if u cant trust him again then move on with ur life afterall u got children,the new born baby u will take care of him or her since u are financially stable..enjoy ur life as a single mother....na be everybody get grave 4 marriage... U dey 4llow man dragg
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2022
mrkings84:
So because of ordinary 200k you are going thru all these hell even on top all the begging and apologies rendered by him.

I am sorry o, pls don't forgive your husband. He cheated you. Vex to the point that you can drink acid to calm you down.

Life no balance.

Pls may I ask, if you were the one who took your husband's 200k what would have been his stances?

It's only the devil that find it very difficult to forgive.

Spits!!!

The op is very stupid and stingy, when many women are giving out all they have to thier husband to support him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

My Wife Masturbates, I Caught My Daughter Masturbating 3 Times – Man Tells Court / Man Marries His Crush Of 6 Years, Then Grabs Her Butt - PICS / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.