Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,345 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) (47485 Views)

Dis Food Sweet Well Well- UK Diplomat Salivates On Kilishi / My Yummy And Soft Corned Beef Roll Recipe, See How It's Made (pics And Video). / How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by SaturnNick(m): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2022
43Ronin:

Pls don't forget flies, it's the most important ingredient
Flies are very important fermentation agents you'know grin grin grin
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by SaturnNick(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2022
Lies... It's kulikuli paste, not mud
candidbabe:
grin grin grin grin angry angry

My dear mariahangel I beg you in the Name of the Almighty to stop eating that poison called kilishi

I saw the way the northerners were making kilishi in year 2004 since then , I vowed never to taste it again till the end of my life .

Do you know that after slicing the raw meat they will dry it under the sun for some hours where millions of flies will perch on the meat even lay eggs on them.

When the meat is dried, they will coat it with red mud sand gotten under the soil

Then put the coated dried meat on top of fire for 2 minutes.
Voooom kilishi is ready

3 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
ManirBK:
different types of Kilishi dey for Birnin Kebbi
The favourite one is the one they dried the meat in the sun, morning till evening, then mix Kulikuli with spicy and Maggi. barbecue and ready to eat

I was going to mention you earlier.

@the bolded, do they use crushed kuli-kuli or grinded groundnuts (I know kuli-kuli is made from groundnuts)?
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by ZombieSlayer1: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2022
43Ronin:

hahahahahahaha
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by 15ssDRIVE(m): 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

You'd stop eating this trash the day you see how and where they are made....

Yuck...

Very unsanitary and unhygienic...

Na fat wey dem rub pepper mix come dry am for sun where flies go perch am tire...

Boss,
The day you eat original from Niger republic, you go see say na trash be Naija kilishi.

They just skin the goat, apply the ingredients and then you see the mastery @ of the way they will cut the meat …. Like nylon and then sun it for few hours … Finally they just grilled it for like 1hr .
Men the taste is too sweet

2 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by RestructureNig1: 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
I can't eat this shit prepared by mohammedians
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by JohnPortar: 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
jakeFrost:
lol,The first time my mom saw how it was prepared that was the last time she ate it

Mr. Expandable grin

It's so good to see you here, I thought you were dead.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by OdefaGirl(f): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
beardedboy:

Bro, leave that thing abeg.

Have you seen where they make palm oil?
They use their legs to match and squash the kernel inside a pit that's like a jacuzzi. If piss catch them while working na to piss inside, stepping out will be tantamount to wasting palm oil.

They say the heat of boiling will clear everything. Maybe heat can clear the bacteria, can it clear the chemicals and toxins?

If you've been to a farm settlement before you'll be disgusted at how those local village people copulate recklessly without condoms. Their STI level is beyond the scales. Yet, they're the ones producing most of what we eat.

Have you seen pomo water before? That one can make you throw up.

Until we mechanize and modernize our food processing, nothing is healthy.

We produce palm oil in my villa... In large quantities..... I have never seen where they dug pit for it... Even when I was very little, they use long pestles.... 4-5 persons pounding and singing while walking round a huge mortar. So many people comes to buy our oil and even in the city...the sellers would be bragging that it's so so village's oil. Stop saying the one you don't know or just refer to the particular people that does that.

4 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by rpstar12: 5:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Kilishi is just normal beef. The secret is to masticate it with aboki saliva to get that texture.

It has to be aboki saliva that's why no other tribe can prepare it just like Afonja ewedu and gbegiri.

Was funny but i forgot to laugh
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by BluntCrazeMan: 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2022
feranmi143:
Yo fish, wtf is this angry
Oga, stop commenting on NAIRALAND...

I take God Beg You
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by miketayo(m): 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2022
You guys are spoiling kilishi for me.. After reading this I doubt I can but it

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by sharpwriter(m): 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
43Ronin:

Baba, you just forget my dm. I sent you a whatsapp number there.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Salimmuhammad(m): 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

Na fat wey dem rub pepper mix come dry am for sun where flies go perch am tire...

Sorry to say, if you don't know some thing just don't talk. The kilishi here is very hygienic although not the best but it's ok.

Op I'll post pictures when I go to town in Kaduna ill snap and post pictures here so you can see or better still search on YouTube I think someone made a video.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
candidbabe:

My dear mariahangel I beg you in the Name of the Almighty to stop eating that poison called kilishi

I saw the way the northerners were making kilishi in year 2004 since then , I vowed never to taste it again till the end of my life .

Do you know that after slicing the raw meat they will dry it under the sun for some hours where millions of flies will perch on the meat even lay eggs on them.

When the meat is dried, they will coat it with red mud sand gotten under the soil

Voooom kilishi is ready

I'll think about it. cheesy
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by tishbite41(m): 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2022
beardedboy:

Bro, leave that thing abeg.

Have you seen where they make palm oil?
They use their legs to match and squash the kernel inside a pit that's like a jacuzzi. If piss catch them while working na to piss inside, stepping out will be tantamount to wasting palm oil.

They say the heat of boiling will clear everything. Maybe heat can clear the bacteria, can it clear the chemicals and toxins?

If you've been to a farm settlement before you'll be disgusted at how those local village people copulate recklessly without condoms. Their STI level is beyond the scales. Yet, they're the ones producing most of what we eat.

Have you seen pomo water before? That one can make you throw up.

Until we mechanize and modernize our food processing, nothing is healthy.
God!!!
Urinate inside palm oil?!?!?

2 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by sharpwriter(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2022
OdefaGirl:

We produce palm oil in my villa... In large quantities..... I have never seen where they dug pit for it... Even when I was very little, they use long pestles.... 4-5 persons pounding and singing while walking round a huge mortar. So many people comes to buy our oil and even in the city...the sellers would be bragging that it's so so village's oil. Stop saying the one you don't know or just refer to the particular people that does that.
You know so much about this... Is that why you are yellow like palm oil wink cheesy
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by sharpwriter(m): 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2022
tishbite41:

God!!!
Urinate inside palm oil?!?!?
Don't mind him, he's only exaggerating grin

2 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by GoodIsGod: 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

You are on point. You see that guy that replied you that the gaari you buy in the market flies dey perch on am. The guy go vomit if he sees why kilichi is made. No be only flies dey perch am my brother lizards dey climb on top dey run after flies.
I still saw it today today.
Hausa don't see anything in Lizards climbing meat. They just do as if from no see am.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by tishbite41(m): 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2022
sharpwriter:

Don't mind him, he's only exaggerating grin
I nearly throw up now
Kai
May God help us
Oyibo food na money and cancer
Wetin man go do

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by GoodIsGod: 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:

Garri wey you dey buy for market, flies dey perch on am too.

The guy has given you the fact. You go vomit the day you see where kilichi is made.
No be only common flies dey perch on top. The green ones wet dey lay maggots. And the worst, Lizards dey climb on top go eat flies. Hausa no send you.
They see nothing wrong in such things. I was thinking of making a video of the scene but if Aboki catch you doing video. You know weyin fit happen.

Today today I saw it life when I went to Ibadan for something.
Go to ojurin railway Bódìjà Ibadan. Ask for where they make kilichi and come back here and make your mouth.

I shake my head for your likes.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by sharpwriter(m): 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2022
tishbite41:

I nearly throw up now
Kai
May God help us
Oyibo food na money and cancer
Wetin man go do
Just stick to our traditional food nah.... In fact, when food is too hygienic, our immune systems can become weaker. I remember many years ago when Rooney visited naija, and it was said he caught a stomach bug cheesy e don chop wetin we dey chop anyhow for here. Oyinbo sef dey package ailment make am look big.

Guy, dey chop your garri dey go, nothing dey happen. However, I may prefer suya to kilishi, coz I heard sometime that some used softened rubber to prepare it angry grin

Finally, make God bless us, all these foods are not difficult to make with modern gadgets, an electric drier, grill, gas cooker with oven etc. Will make dem if you know the recipes and processes. YouTube sef dey teach.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by tishbite41(m): 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2022
crackhouse:
Oga respect yourself nah.. see as I rush to read how to make kilishi, I know no say na question this one still dey ask.
Lol
You be cruise o
Read the topic again
How is Kilishi made?
How Kilishi is made
They might sound alike but have different meanings
You just rush read am
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Ndahimo: 5:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
Quote author=gaby post=117751267]

Yuck...

Na fat wey dem rub pepper mix come dry am for sun where flies go perch am tire...[/quote]
Pls don't say what u don't know.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by cedricksly: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
candidbabe:

Voooom kilishi is ready
if u see where tgen dey produce palm oil, u will never cook foot with it again
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by RosyIsBlessed: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

This is an eye opener. No wonder I don't like it. Didn't have any tangible reason but just felt it is unhealthy.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by victorsola: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
mariahAngel:
What are the ingredients that they use in making kilishi?
What gives it that mild sweetness?
Someone help me unravel this mystery o!

I only know a few of the ingredients, and I'd appreciate it if someone who knows, shares the ingredients of the spicy stuff they use in coating the meat.
May God bless the soul that came up with the epic recipe.
oyinbo call it stake but without the source.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by dfrost: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
The comments on this thread is like unbelievable men cheesy grin
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by tishbite41(m): 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
sharpwriter:

Just stick to our traditional food nah.... In fact, when food is too hygienic, our immune systems can become weaker. I remember many years ago when Rooney visited naija, and it was said he caught a stomach bug cheesy e don chop wetin we dey chop anyhow for here. Oyinbo sef dey package ailment make am look big.

Guy, dey chop your garri dey go, nothing dey happen. However, I may prefer suya to kilishi, coz I heard sometime that some used softened rubber to prepare it angry grin

Finally, make God bless us, all these foods are not difficult to make with modern gadgets, an electric drier, grill, gas cooker with oven etc. Will make dem if you know the recipes and processes. YouTube sef dey teach.

2008 abi

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by theamazonguru(m): 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2022
Nostring:
piss inside palmoil.. which kind ppl una be sef grin cheesy
I do not doubt him one bit.
Why?

When I was a young boy, my mum used to sell bread. So there was this bakery we used to patronize.
On countless occasions, the whole bread making process happens right in my very eyes. It was an eye sore, seeing how those guys manually mixing the bread would be sweating, use their hand to wipe the sweat , yank off the dripping water right onto the flour/butter/water mixture. As if that is not enough, they do this with chewing stick in their mouth, guess what, they spit in the gutter or bare floor close to the mixing trough, not minding if any spit splash into the mixing.
Now to the rolling stage, they move the mixture to a table so they can roll and cut. This same table is where they lay and sleep whenever they want to, they have sex right on the same table whenever they have the opportunity to do so.

So bros, don't doubt the pissing ish.

Do you think everyone is conscientious enough to excuse themselves to urinate, I seriously doubt it. Some people don't just care, what they tell you is, the germ would be killed during the heating process.

It is well jare.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by bigtt76(f): 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
All lies. Yes they have to sun the thinly sliced meat for days to dry it but now you have dehydrators being used by modern kilishi makers

VeryWickedMan:
Kilishi is just normal beef. The secret is to masticate it with aboki saliva to get that texture.

It has to be aboki saliva that's why no other tribe can prepare it just like Afonja ewedu and gbegiri.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Limassol(m): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

if, say, vendor A,who sells( insert whatever delicacy/food you want here) lacks basic hygeine etiquettes, does that applies to all vendors? Your tribe/ethnicity or whatever part of the country you came from is irrelevant in this conversation. For reasons known to you, you seem intent on badmouthing a beloved Hausa delicacy base on unfounded claims. You should do better, my man.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Ravenna: 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

The day I got to see the process during my Service Year @ Kaduna, I gave up eating the rubbish jerky.

Normally, Abokki won't slaughter a healthy Cow for this.
It's either they take the diseased or dead meats, the kinda meat they'll know can never sell in the market.
Sometimes ago in Kogi, People caught an Abokki using rubber as killishi, some use house rats and whatever meats they can get, all in the name of making money.

They'll slice, rub fat, pepper, maggi, spices, colorings, kuli-kuli/dates and other condiments, then theyll dryy in the open where Lizards, Rats and other flying, chewing and biting insects take their share unopposed.

Later on, slow cooking ends the process.

That thing is bullshits, Peeps don't care as long as there is Maggi and pepper in it, they will still rush it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos / Look At The Snake I Just Killed / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.