Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) (47380 Views)

Dis Food Sweet Well Well- UK Diplomat Salivates On Kilishi / My Yummy And Soft Corned Beef Roll Recipe, See How It's Made (pics And Video). / How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by jessylaurel(f): 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

You'd stop eating this trash the day you see how and where they are made....

Yuck...

Very unsanitary and unhygienic...

Na fat wey dem rub pepper mix come dry am for sun where flies go perch am tire...

I witnessed it one day in Kaduna I was so shocked and called my sister never to eat it again. Flies, dust, germ kai.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
candidbabe:
grin grin grin grin angry angry

My dear mariahangel I beg you in the Name of the Almighty to stop eating that poison called kilishi

I saw the way the northerners were making kilishi in year 2004 since then , I vowed never to taste it again till the end of my life .

Do you know that after slicing the raw meat they will dry it under the sun for some hours where millions of flies will perch on the meat even lay eggs on them.

When the meat is dried, they will coat it with red mud sand gotten under the soil

Then put the coated dried meat on top of fire for 2 minutes.
Voooom kilishi is ready
Stop misinforming people.
It's not red mud sand
It's kulikuli that's been grounded

2 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by jessylaurel(f): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:

Garri wey you dey buy for market, flies dey perch on am too.

Garri is dry and some people fry it after buying it. Moreover you use hot water to make it.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by 43Ronin: 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2022
shortIGBOman:

You don see the kind Margot infested Tomatoes, Restaurants owners buy in the EAST? They use same Margot infested Tomatoes to prepare stew they sell in their Restaurants.

Do you also know that, Bare foots are used to marsh Palm fruits in IGBO Land, when they are producing Red Oil. grin grin

Oponu oshi, tribalism kee you. Everybody knows the tribe that go to market and buy rotten tomatoes with lots of rotten pepper to prepare for their urchins. And for your info igboland is not like your village, there's something called "igwenkwu" it's old tech but it's what they use to grind out palmoil. Stop living in a fools ignorance

4 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by jessylaurel(f): 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Major ingredients:

The beef slices with the fat
Fresh ground groundnuts
Dry Garlic
Dry Ginger
Onion
Dry pepper
Beef seasoning
Calabash nutmeg
Salt
Some people add sugar.

Mix the spices with the thin beef slices with the fat and spread out in the sun to dry properly before roasting.

You didn't add groundnut oil

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by OMYKROIN: 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2022
Noting, I mean even if na inside rectum dem dey take mix kilishi, I will never stop eating it. We all will definitely die when it is our time.

By the tinubu is a pig and atiku a mad dog.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by goslowgoslow(m): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Kilishi is just normal beef. The secret is to masticate it with aboki saliva to get that texture.

It has to be aboki saliva that's why no other tribe can prepare it just like Afonja ewedu and gbegiri.
Keep embarrassing yourself with your dry joke.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2022
So, what's your point?
SQLmastar:
ogbeni forget about all these hygiene stuff. How many people have died from eating kilishi?
Do you know that you're 10x more likely to die from mosquito bite than unhygienic kilishi?
C'mon the body has an immune system for these sort of things. Besides, the little time it spends on fire is snuff to kill 89.23% of the disease causing organisms that may have latched onto it. The remaining 10.77% is easily destroyed by immune system.

I have been eating kilishi since I was 2 years old. Even the ones baked in the sun with those gigantic green coloured excrement flies perching on them...but never for once have I fallen sick from kilishi.

You are also more likely to die from bad government than from kilishi.. cheesy
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
jessylaurel:

Garri is dry and some people fry it after buying it. Moreover you use hot water to make it.
What of those who soak it

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Bmaster(m): 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Hmmm...
Nairalanders,una jonxing no too many like this.?

Na everything una dey take start tribal tantrums?
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by modsfucker: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
candidbabe:

My dear mariahangel I beg you in the Name of the Almighty to stop eating that poison called kilishi

I saw the way the northerners were making kilishi in year 2004 since then , I vowed never to taste it again till the end of my life .

Do you know that after slicing the raw meat they will dry it under the sun for some hours where millions of flies will perch on the meat even lay eggs on them.

When the meat is dried, they will coat it with red mud sand gotten under the soil

Voooom kilishi is ready

You're wrong on the "red mud" side.. Why don't you taste the sand afterwards?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Terror48: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2022
Be careful of what you eat, you might be eating human flesh.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by lkillbrokehoes: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
Oh My beloved kilishi, I use to eat this kilishi like mad back then when i was staying with my uncle in Abuja, he will buy like 50k to 100k of it and we will eat it until our teeth start paining us—you can eat it with garri, pap or just like that. now I'm having the urge to eat it again grin
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by FireUpNow(m): 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

Na fat wey dem rub pepper mix come dry am for sun where flies go perch am tire...
He only asked for the ingredients so that he or she can make at home in a more hygienic way. I guess the OP isn't asking for where to eat his epic recipe of kilishi. Help him out
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by jessylaurel(f): 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What of those who soak it

That's why I said they fry it when the get home. To kill the germs before consuming
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2022
I stop eating it, when I came to the North and saw how it was been prepared. So disgusting and dirty.
mariahAngel:
What are the ingredients that they use in making kilishi?
What gives it that mild sweetness?
Someone help me unravel this mystery o!

I only know a few of the ingredients, and I'd appreciate it if someone who knows, shares the ingredients of the spicy stuff they use in coating the meat.
May God bless the soul that came up with the epic recipe.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by SaLongs1(m): 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2022
candidbabe:

Voooom kilishi is ready
fear God na...
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by jubrilELsudan: 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
THE SPICY STUFF AND SWEETNESS CUMS FROM MIXING ALIGATOR PEPPER WITH KUKUNASE JUICE

YOU CAN THANK ME LATER

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by casppyjay: 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
43Ronin:

As in u will see them on the kilishi with dft colors, some are so big u will think they are bees grin
i mistake them for queen bees and wasps..
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Yoighaman(m): 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

Exactly what I wanted to write.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Joeyfizzo: 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2022
Dried peppered old blanket
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
That looks grossly unappetising
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Redcup(f): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWw1IFHW8dA

For those that do not know how it's been made. Kindly watch this video. This lady did a great job.

@MariahAngel

You're welcome kiss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Bahamas95(m): 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

I guess you also eat bread, if you see some bakeries to eat bread go tire you. grin

That's why am not a bread lover, I eat it once in a while.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Mightymanna(m): 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2022
Kilishi is delicious depending on who prepares it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2022
Redcup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWw1IFHW8dA

For those that do not know how it's been made. Kindly watch this video. This lady did a great job.

@MariahAngel

You're welcome kiss

This will clear doubts.

Thanks. kiss
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2022
RepoMan007:
If this is the procedure, a net can be used to shield the flies when under the sun to make it more hygienic. This is where the whites overtake us and achieve excellence.
They go the extra mile to eliminate unhygienic aspect.

A small mosquito net framed over the kilishi will block out flies and allow it review the needed sunlight. It may even be possible to use a drier to achieve the sun drying effect.

A very good idea.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2022
43Ronin:

Pls don't forget flies, it's the most important ingredient

Na you know! grin
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by kals4luv990(m): 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

That's exactly what makes it sweet
No be everything yu see yu go talk,do you know how many dangerous micro organisms are in the air you breathe..mtcheww
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by SaturnNick(m): 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2022
Yo... Where you grow na... grin grin grin
gaby:

Yuck...

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by SaturnNick(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2022
grin grin grin
beardedboy:

Bro, leave that thing abeg.

Have you seen where they make palm oil?
They use their legs to match and squash the kernel inside a pit that's like a jacuzzi. If piss catch them while working na to piss inside, stepping out will be tantamount to wasting palm oil.

They say the heat of boiling will clear everything. Maybe heat can clear the bacteria, can it clear the chemicals and toxins?

If you've been to a farm settlement before you'll be disgusted at how those local village people copulate recklessly without condoms. Their STI level is beyond the scales. Yet, they're the ones producing most of what we eat.

Have you seen pomo water before? That one can make you throw up.

Until we mechanize and modernize our food processing, nothing is healthy.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2022
Honestfrend:

Garri most times get heated in water before its get consumed..

But kilishi na straight 2 Belle.

Lionnation:
no one eats garri directly from market you will need hot water to make it there by killing all impurities, but kilishi na to chop am as you see am

No naa.
Una suppose heat am before una eat am.
If you una no get microwave or oven, use pan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Saw Wall Gecko In Her Zobo Drink After Drinking (Photos) / Guys Cook The N20K Python Killed Inside Canal At Ago Palace Yesterday (Video) / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.