Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) (47386 Views)

Dis Food Sweet Well Well- UK Diplomat Salivates On Kilishi / My Yummy And Soft Corned Beef Roll Recipe, See How It's Made (pics And Video). / How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Eyanbahose: 10:42pm On Oct 22, 2022
Been a while I ate this

Have you tried getting an oraimo clipper before? It makes sense wella

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Ygc1: 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
embarassed
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by wowcatty: 12:03am On Oct 23, 2022
I thought people eating it were crazy until I decided to add it to my order. I tasted it for the first time about 2 months ago, it was really good. It had the right amount of sauce, salt, pepper, sweetness and texture. I could have eaten more of it but thank God it was just the $10 8 oz packet included and shared between the two of us and the first thing we ate. It was really good, and then I remembered the story we heard about kulikuli(which I still have, I just can't get myself to eat much of it, though it's ok but too hard) and how the process could be the same. I've eaten beef jerky once or so and kilishi is better. It's good to try new stuff so just you know.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by 3seriez(m): 12:14am On Oct 23, 2022
Padipadi:

Big foo l I hail your stupidity.
The abokis selling suya and kilishi are so dirty and not hygienic. I v nothing against the north cos their regions headache is enough for them. But I say it boldly, abokis selling kilishi/suya are dirty. You this BMW 3seriez too is dirty. grin
grin Good you have narrowed it down to Suya sellers instead of Northerners. But yet again, which kind of Ghetto local Suya are you still eating. Alot of them have upgraded their hygeine, some even prepare it indoors. You must still be in one local setting to be making this kind of outright ignorant comment in this 2022. BMW 3series should be the least of your problems right now. Upgrade your mind and environment. tongue
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Padipadi(m): 12:50am On Oct 23, 2022
3seriez:

grin Good you have narrowed it down to Suya sellers instead of Northerners. But yet again, which kind of Ghetto local Suya are you still eating. Alot of them have upgraded their hygeine, some even prepare it indoors. You must still be in one local setting to be making this kind of outright ignorant comment in this 2022. BMW 3series should be the least of your problems right now. Upgrade your mind and environment. tongue

Ok. I hear you. I m yet to see one that's indeed neat

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 3:11am On Oct 23, 2022
SQLmastar:

Eat the gadamn kilishi!
Okay
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Dshocker(m): 4:43am On Oct 23, 2022
feranmi143:
Yo fish, wtf is this angry

Gotham dey deceive you...
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Dshocker(m): 4:46am On Oct 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

I must unravel it. cheesy

You will have to get married to an aboki for like 3yrs before you will get the recipe and the secret behind it.

Warning: Abokis are endowed with 12inch, as against the normal 9inch.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Elumighty: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2022
Since first day i tasted it, i can't stop consuming this delicacy. Though i buy one with NAFDAC Number from reputable Supermarket.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:16am On Oct 23, 2022
jessylaurel:

You didn't add groundnut oil

You are right.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by phemmyfour: 12:21pm On Oct 23, 2022
gaby:

You'd stop eating this trash the day you see how and where they are made....

Yuck...

Very unsanitary and unhygienic...

Na fat wey dem rub pepper mix come dry am for sun where flies go perch am tire...
seconded
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by phemmyfour: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

I will.
We plenty wey dey wait o

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Rechargeam247(f): 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
hahaha used to like it as a child until I saw the process. You are absolutely right. Well, there is a mallam who does this hygienically over here, and if not, I would have quit a long time ago. The government should step in and provide a sanitary location for them.
Which government For a private business.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by lildonn222: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2022
RepoMan007:
If this is the procedure, a net can be used to shield the flies when under the sun to make it more hygienic. This is where the whites overtake us and achieve excellence.
They go the extra mile to eliminate unhygienic aspect.

A small mosquito net framed over the kilishi will block out flies and allow it recievw the needed sunlight. It may even be possible to use a drier to achieve the sun drying effect.
some rub oil on it before drying and no single fly will land on it.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2022
Rechargeam247:

Yes, the land belongs to the government and they pay taxes.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by DCONE1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

Na fat wey dem rub pepper mix come dry am for sun where flies go perch am tire...
you are just an ignorant fellow, if you also know how they produce your wine or palm oil , you will stop taking them...they use bare foot to mash them in order to remove the liquid.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by GoodIsGod: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
bigtt76:
All lies. Yes they have to sun the thinly sliced meat for days to dry it but now you have dehydrators being used by modern kilishi makers

Where are the modern day kilichi makers you're speaking about. Describe their shop make we visit.

Stop deceiving yourself. The day you see where kilichi is made. You go vow never ever to touch it again in your life talkless eat it.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by GoodIsGod: 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
DCONE1:
you are just an ignorant fellow, if you also know how they produce your wine or palm oil , you will stop taking them...they use bare foot to mash them in order to remove the liquid.

You are right about the oil production but after the mashing that is when everything is put inside drum and boiled for oil to be separated from water and shaft. It is not anyhow boiling but serious one.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by GoodIsGod: 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
lildonn222:
some rub oil on it before drying and no single fly will land on it.

Lie.
No oil is put on the meat. And even if oil is put flies will still perch on it and lay their eggs.
No Oil is insect repellant. That's why flies can perch on plates of food, even enter soup that is left uncovered and die there
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
There are laws for private businesses too. I run a company too. Even the market traders are asked to close their shops on some days for housekeeping. NAFDAC covers private businesses too. In fact, the government has more rights than the business owner. They can easily close the entire business if sanitation is a health problem.

Corruption kills the country. If not, government reps should regularly visit such places.

Do you think private business are absolved of the constitution?
Rechargeam247:

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by bigtt76(f): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
https://henleyandascot.com/about-12-spices-kilishi their factory is at Agungi Lekki, you can call them to direct you to their place and watch them

GoodIsGod:

Where are the modern day kilichi makers you're speaking about. Describe their shop make we visit.

Stop deceiving yourself. The day you see where kilichi is made. You go vow never ever to touch it again in your life talkless eat it.

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by GoodIsGod: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
bigtt76:
https://henleyandascot.com/about-12-spices-kilishi their factory is at Agungi Lekki, you can call them to direct you to their place and watch them

Nice one.
But how many are like them? They must be supplying supermarkets not those bought on the streets made by Abokis

It's nice knowing some are now modernizing it.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by bigtt76(f): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2022
Yes many are doing that now targeted at the export market too.

GoodIsGod:

Nice one.
But how many are like them? They must be supplying supermarkets not those bought on the streets made by Abokis

It's nice knowing some are now modernizing it.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by GoodIsGod: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
bigtt76:
Yes many are doing that now targeted at the export market too.

Nice
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by gaby(m): 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2022
DCONE1:

Durry pig..
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Kwara1stson: 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2022
jessylaurel:

If you see where they prepare this in Kaduna you will run from and stop eating
them dey for Jos road before Kano road.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by lildonn222: 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Lie.
No oil is put on the meat. And even if oil is put flies will still perch on it and lay their eggs.
No Oil is insect repellant. That's why flies can perch on plates of food, even enter soup that is left uncovered and die there
I said ''some''.Rub palm oil on raw meat and see the magic for yourself before calling me a lier and if you can't experiment by yourself, ask around.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by jessylaurel(f): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
Kwara1stson:
them dey for Jos road before Kano road.

Not only there o. The street before central mosque in kawo too
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by armyofone(m): 12:50am On Oct 24, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

Imagine hidden fly larvae bursting in one's mouth with each cut and as they chew the kilish.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by armyofone(m): 12:56am On Oct 24, 2022
Generalwoodz:
They rub it in their armpit till it evenly dries and morph into a Kilishi. Remember same armpit KULIKULI is roll and rub in.

Occasionally, when the hairs in armpit are missing they place it on the lap very close to the groin, and finely work on it till Kilishi is born.

Food that has letter K in Hausa land must go through that place where the sun shines slightly.

They do say the same for dawadawa. That they rub it in their groin etc
The above is not true - dirt and unhygienic in the processing, oh yes!
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Bbbwings: 9:41am On Oct 24, 2022
Redcup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWw1IFHW8dA

For those that do not know how it's been made. Kindly watch this video. This lady did a great job.

@MariahAngel

You're welcome kiss

omo see flies everywhere
dem don put our national disgrace for youtube
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by jakeFrost: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
JohnPortar:

Mr. Expandable grin

It's so good to see you here, I thought you were dead.
Lepa, same here.when did they release you from prison?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guys Cook The N20K Python Killed Inside Canal At Ago Palace Yesterday (Video) / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video / Spoons, Nails, Keys Found In Ram's Belly In Kano Abattoir (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.