Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) (47398 Views)

Dis Food Sweet Well Well- UK Diplomat Salivates On Kilishi / My Yummy And Soft Corned Beef Roll Recipe, See How It's Made (pics And Video). / How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by shariff84: 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

You'd stop eating this trash the day you see how and where they are made....

Yuck...

Very unsanitary and unhygienic...

Na fat wey dem rub pepper mix come dry am for sun where flies go perch am tire...
if they want to improve it sanity they can use that mosquitoes next given by wold health organization to sundry it. Flies will not enter that next.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by LOVEGINO(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

Na fat wey dem rub pepper mix come dry am for sun where flies go perch am tire...
na that flies aspect I no wan see wahali.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Frontdude(m): 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2022
Disgusting
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Frontdude(m): 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
Even though I have never tested it before, but the very day I saw how they process this stuff in Kd, mhen I vow never to even have a thought of giving it a taste, , so unhygienic. Gosh.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by shortIGBOman: 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
43Ronin:

Oponu oshi, tribalism kee you. Everybody knows the tribe that go to market and buy rotten tomatoes with lots of rotten pepper to prepare for their urchins. And for your info igboland is not like your village, there's something called "igwenkwu" it's old tech but it's what they use to grind out palmoil. Stop living in a fools ignorance

For weting you write so

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Nostring: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2022
theamazonguru:

I do not doubt him one bit.
Why?

When I was a young boy, my mum used to sell bread. So there was this bakery we used to patronize.
On countless occasions, the whole break making process happens right in my very eyes. It was an eye sore, seeing how those guys manually mixing the bread would be sweating, use their hand to wipe the sweat , yank off the dripping water right onto the flour/butter/water mixture. As if that is not enough, they do this with chewing stick in their mouth, guess what, they spit in the gutter or bare floor close to the mixing trough, not minding if any spit splash into the mixing.
Now to the rolling stage, they move the mixture to a table so they can roll and cut. This same table is where they lay and sleep whenever they want to, they have sex right on the same table whenever they have the opportunity to do so.

So bros, don't doubt the pissing ish.

Do you think everyone is conscientious enough to excuse themselves to urinate, I seriously doubt it. Some people don't just care, what they tell you is, the germ would be killed during the heating process.

It is well jare.
Choi... We Don overchop germs
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by IamAsiri: 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2022
shariff84:
if they want to improve it sanity they can use that mosquitoes next given by wold health organization to sundry it. Flies will not enter that next.

Inasmuch the mosquito nets are not treated in any way. Else, that's poison.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by OdefaGirl(f): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2022
sharpwriter:

You know so much about this... Is that why you are yellow like palm oil wink cheesy

I know about it.... Have followed grandma twice or thereabout to the Engine while around..... So I don't pretend about what I have knowledge of.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Rebuke: 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
beardedboy:

Bro, leave that thing abeg.

Have you seen where they make palm oil?
They use their legs to match and squash the kernel inside a pit that's like a jacuzzi. If piss catch them while working na to piss inside, stepping out will be tantamount to wasting palm oil.

They say the heat of boiling will clear everything. Maybe heat can clear the bacteria, can it clear the chemicals and toxins?

If you've been to a farm settlement before you'll be disgusted at how those local village people copulate recklessly without condoms. Their STI level is beyond the scales. Yet, they're the ones producing most of what we eat.

Have you seen pomo water before? That one can make you throw up.

Until we mechanize and modernize our food processing, nothing is healthy.

I don't want to say it's a lie because there's plenty wickedness in the land.

However, the ones I have seen they weren't using legs as yhu claimed. They pound inside round moulded stuff like that.

Then there's a big palm oil industry in Ogun State, between Shagamu and Ijebu Ode. Try visiting there and yhu may change yhur generalization.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by OdefaGirl(f): 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2022
theamazonguru:

I do not doubt him one bit.
Why?

When I was a young boy, my mum used to sell bread. So there was this bakery we used to patronize.
On countless occasions, the whole break making process happens right in my very eyes. It was an eye sore, seeing how those guys manually mixing the bread would be sweating, use their hand to wipe the sweat , yank off the dripping water right onto the flour/butter/water mixture. As if that is not enough, they do this with chewing stick in their mouth, guess what, they spit in the gutter or bare floor close to the mixing trough, not minding if any spit splash into the mixing.
Now to the rolling stage, they move the mixture to a table so they can roll and cut. This same table is where they lay and sleep whenever they want to, they have sex right on the same table whenever they have the opportunity to do so.

So bros, don't doubt the pissing ish.

Do you think everyone is conscientious enough to excuse themselves to urinate, I seriously doubt it. Some people don't just care, what they tell you is, the germ would be killed during the heating process.

It is well jare.

It can't be true.... Some of the menial workers are paid with certain quantity of oil they produced, some are paid with certain quantity of palm kernels and some collect cash, so how do you think one can urinate inside what he will eat. Unless he is mentally deranged and such people can not be allowed..... Moreover, nothing like pit of oil where people uses their legs.... Unless in primitive villages that I don't know of.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Sleekfingers: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
mariahAngel:
What are the ingredients that they use in making kilishi?
What gives it that mild sweetness?
Someone help me unravel this mystery o!

I only know a few of the ingredients, and I'd appreciate it if someone who knows, shares the ingredients of the spicy stuff they use in coating the meat.
May God bless the soul that came up with the epic recipe.

Can't eat that trash outside.... Except home made. My wife use dehydrator to make it at home.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by anyimpro(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2022
Try kilishi for area 1 shopping complex Abuja and confess. Shaa carry plenty bottle water
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by SQLmastar(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
So, what's your point?

Eat the gadamn kilishi!
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by MrBONE2(m): 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

grin
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by 3seriez(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
Padipadi:
Depending on the hygiene level of who's making it. Kilishi is just dried beaf and fat mixed with oil and pepper. This takes a lot of days to complete.
However, northerners are always dirty. You ll just see one sweating black faced gworo teeth aboki wearing one jalabia for a week as if they are cursed to not invest in wardrobe items preparing and selling kilishi. The handky used in cleaning the hand is black looking laced with sweat dust and dirts of several weeks. What of the way they don't prevent flies from perching on the meat. Dishing and portioning of Kilishi or suya is meant to be indoors. Only roasting can be done outside. But you ll see maisuyas doing everything openly and competing with flies or just ignoring flies as the dwell of the meat.
Kilishi or suya is best enjoyed when prepared by oneself. You ll be sure you are 90% safe from good poisoning.

"Northerners are always dirty" cheesy. Which Rat hole did you come out from.
If you have a grudge, say it with your full chest. Not hiding behind some nonsensical biased comment. Foools all over this forum.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by bammo: 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Kilishi is just normal beef. The secret is to masticate it with aboki saliva to get that texture.

It has to be aboki saliva that's why no other tribe can prepare it just like Afonja ewedu and gbegiri.
Mumu.
You don't seem to realize how your föölish comments Foster wide hatred. It's poverty I blame not you.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by ANSOM: 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2022
beardedboy:

They use their legs to match and squash the kernel inside a pit that's like a jacuzzi. If piss catch them while working na to piss inside, stepping out will be tantamount to wasting palm oil.

They say the heat of boiling will clear everything. Maybe heat can clear the bacteria, can it clear the chemicals and toxins?

If you've been to a farm settlement before you'll be disgusted at how those local village people copulate recklessly without condoms. Their STI level is beyond the scales. Yet, they're the ones producing most of what we eat.

It should be your village that people step on palm and in it to produce palmoil.

In my hometown, the oil mill makes use of a constructed giant steel rivet to press the oil out which is filtered via PVC pipes into the drums where it is properly cooked and then scooped out.

If you are from the bush...be a bush man in peace and leave others out of it.

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Amadaz(m): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2022
anything i have to eat goes into the oven before consumption. best way to kill germs
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by olamilarks(m): 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
beardedboy:

If Dem see how aboki use legs to wash the mud off carrot I am sure many won't eat carrot again!
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by ShowmeHeaven(m): 8:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
beardedboy:

Clearly you exaggerated,sire.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by onyioyeezah(f): 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
mariahAngel:

I doubt anything would make me give up eating kilishi o, except I get the authentic recipe.
Na to throw inside oven and fire im mama. cheesy

Pepper mix? What and what should be in the mix?

Pepper, ginger, garlic and honey

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by ManirBK: 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
mariahAngel:

I was going to mention you earlier.

@the bolded, do they use crushed kuli-kuli or grinded groundnuts (I know kuli-kuli is made from groundnuts)?
they use Kulikuli not grinded groundnut

2 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Padipadi(m): 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
3seriez:

"Northerners are always dirty" cheesy. Which Rat hole did you come out from.
If you have a grudge, say it with your full chest. Not hiding behind some nonsensical biased comment. Foools all over this forum.
Big foo l I hail your stupidity.
The abokis selling suya and kilishi are so dirty and not hygienic. I v nothing against the north cos their regions headache is enough for them. But I say it boldly, abokis selling kilishi/suya are dirty. You this BMW 3seriez too is dirty. grin
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by sharpwriter(m): 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2022
tishbite41:

2008 abi
Sure
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Bfly: 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
Sebi na Nigeria person use mixed flour do pillow for bakery. Even for boutique, different people go don wear one cloth b4 real buyer come.

No one gives a damn about what is being dished out to the public as far as it won't take anyone's life directly.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by Yuneehk(f): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
mariahAngel:
What are the ingredients that they use in making kilishi?
What gives it that mild sweetness?
Someone help me unravel this mystery o!

I only know a few of the ingredients, and I'd appreciate it if someone who knows, shares the ingredients of the spicy stuff they use in coating the meat.
May God bless the soul that came up with the epic recipe.
Let's forget how it is prepared, Kilishi doesn't even look appealing in my opinion. But see you gushing over it lipsrsealed. One would think it is the tastiest thing ever discovered.

Nwanyi a sef

2 Likes

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2022
Yuneehk:

Let's forget how it is prepared, Kilishi doesn't even look appealing in my opinion. But see you gushing over it lipsrsealed. One would think it is the tastiest thing ever discovered.

Nwanyi a sef

You didn't see and taste the one I had.
Premium something. cheesy
Kilishi shiri abroad lo. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
ManirBK:
they use Kulikuli not grinded groundnut

OK. Thanks.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ravenna:

The day I got to see the process during my Service Year @ Kaduna, I gave up eating the rubbish jerky.

Normally, Abokki won't slaughter a healthy Cow for this.
It's either they take the diseased or dead meats, the kinda meat they'll know can never sell in the market.
Sometimes ago in Kogi, People caught an Abokki using rubber as killishi, some use house rats and whatever meats they can get, all in the name of making money.

They'll slice, rub fat, pepper, maggi, spices, colorings, kuli-kuli/dates and other condiments, then theyll dryy in the open where Lizards, Rats and other flying, chewing and biting insects take their share unopposed.

Later on, slow cooking ends the process.

That thing is bullshits, Peeps don't care as long as there is Maggi and pepper in it, they will still rush it.

It's not fair o. cry cry
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by freeman67: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
gaby:

Yuck...

I will agree with you on the fact "Beef Jerky" know as kilishi in Nigeria is mostly prepare in an unhygienic way in Nigeria. The flies that hang around the area it's prepared in Nigeria is much.

I will defer on the part where you said "na fat wey rub pepper mix" It's not outright fat as you put it. It's mostly flesh. Just that like other meat preparations like 'Kebab' Suya and balangu the sellers don't just remove and throw away fat around here so it it added. However, they also don't just go and select fat to dry.

That said, you can still find that dried meat prepared and packaged in hygienic conditions around.
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by SilasIBB: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
feranmi143:
Yo fish, wtf is this angry
grin
feranmi143:
Yo fish, wtf is this angry

Yo fish! Sorry this is Yo meat!

Buddy, apart from this shenanigans is there no other expression u can make?

Yo fish!
Re: How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) by GeneralPula: 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
beardedboy:

Lies..

Shows you’ve never seen where palm oil is being produced before. Somebody must have told you this the way you’re sounding..

Our fore fathers in the Olden days didn’t mechanize anything yet they live old and healthy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guys Cook The N20K Python Killed Inside Canal At Ago Palace Yesterday (Video) / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video / Spoons, Nails, Keys Found In Ram's Belly In Kano Abattoir (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.