Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy (19997 Views)

Goodhead: Wike, others responsible for the Murder of DPO Bako / Mention Military Officers Involved In Oil Theft – Nigerian Navy Dares Dokubo / Court Jails 6 Foreigners 7years For Oil Theft In Port Harcourt (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by jojothaiv(m): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2022
It was expected while the Navy were just observers and the government the enablers...

It's pathetic...

1 Like

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by obinnajohnson: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2022
Before nko ? They know our leaders are irresponsible, greedy, insensitive and indifferent to the development and progress of Nigeria.
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by okeysoninv: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2022
what stops navy from stopping their criminal ships from loading crude oil from the bay. all of them are in the same bed jare.

2 Likes

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by owobokiri(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2022
Shell destroyed Nigerias oil sector together with top military dictators

1 Like

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by CheapHomes1: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2022
Thanos5555:
sad

If it a sane country, they would have taken SHELL to court and charge like $10billion damagesz or more just like how Europe does for Facebook and co, when they are caught harvesting users data.

All the oil companies have seen how vulnerable your country is, where there is no law and order, and where court do not function. What do you expect of them ?

Anyways, am waiting for BMC and URCHINS crew to come and say that it a lie, perhaps it was water pipe that was busted.

Thank you
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Racoon(m): 10:08am On Oct 22, 2022
Only a thief knows a fellow thief.
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Beverlyjean(f): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2022
Nigerian Navy is also indicted cos they aid these companies...
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by owobokiri(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2022
Thanos5555:
sad

If it a sane country, they would have taken SHELL to court and charge like $10billion damagesz or more just like how Europe does for Facebook and co, when they are caught harvesting users data.

All the oil companies have seen how vulnerable your country is, where there is no law and order, and where court do not function. What do you expect of them ?

Anyways, am waiting for BMC and URCHINS crew to come and say that it a lie, perhaps it was water pipe that was busted.
Exactly my thoughts
But they will let them off the hook here
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by jamesversion: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2022
christejames:
Obviously that's the stark truth but the government (who themselves are culpable) keep tilting the attention of the masses towards the Niger-Deltan youths that just engage in little petroleum 'scooping' which they call bunkery, making it look like the billions of stolen dollars from crude oil is by these youths embarassed embarassed

Peter Obi said it, that those stealing the country's oil are in the government also.

What exactly do you mean by Peter Obi said it?

Something that has been going on for decades and everyone who lives in the Niger delta creeks have complained about is what you're attributing to Peter Obi?

Common knowledge is what you're mentioning Peter Obi.
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by OloYeOfEgbE: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2022
before nko...

Nigerian Navy only provides security and we know that..

Me I'm not ready to touch the head of the snake..

I will let this slide for stubborn rockers to comment,make I read
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Ubanz: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2022
A naval commander just lost 39 million naira to a naval rating and no one questions how he got that huge sum.

Don't you think it's quick and ridiculous for the Nigerian Navy to blame the oil theft on Shell and other oil exploration coys ?

Could the oil thieves have succeeded under the nose of the Nigerian Navy without their connivance?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/4437-shell_says_nigeria_loses_5b_annually_to_oil_theft.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjty9qfwPP6AhWcSvEDHdRQAOYQFnoECAUQAg&usg=AOvVaw3v84Uu07fhQL3tdt0UuU5_
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by rickleye: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2022
Thanos5555:
sad

Shell will never see the inside of a court.
They will settle or name names whichever of the 2 is less damaging. I am sure we account for more than 50% of their annual profit margin.

Bunkering has been going on for decades at least since 2001( was the first time I heard the word) with barges used for moving oil. I had an uncle of a friend once ask me to look into getting a barge for him. And that was almost 15 years ago.

Peter Obi can’t do this alone. He has to focus on what’s urgent Vs what important! He can’t do everything at once or else nothing will be done . If he makes it to Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2022
The Caption should be:
Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft But Our Incompetency And Corruption Makes It Possible - Nigerian Navy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Ckonnet: 10:19am On Oct 22, 2022
I want to start avoiding stories like this, it's heartbreaking to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by fabianiyobosa(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2022
Very irresponsible accusation by the Nigerian Navy

1 Like

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by bizzibodi(m): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2022
Blame games, nobody want to take blame..just hanging d blame on others.it like accusing one's mother for stealing meat from her own pot.

1 Like

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by CSTRR: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2022
They have finished this country.
Finished it completely.

Tinubu was holding meetings in France with the chagoury family- another group of criminals since the abacha regime.

Lord have mercy on this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by onuman: 10:29am On Oct 22, 2022
The same Shell responsible for keeping the most dysfunctional Nigeria as one country, with the help of their home counties. Even if 90% of the population of the country is reduced to paupers, Shell does not care a hoot, so long as crude oil still flows from Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by CSTRR: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2022
bizzibodi:
Blame games, nobody want to take blame..just hanging d blame on others.it like accusing one's mother for stealing meat from her own pot.
Why would they take the blame?

Buhari gave national honours to Mele kyari, the current NNPC GMD days after the pipeline discovery.

The same GMD under whose tenure Nigeria is recording the lowest oil exports.

Where is any country ran like that?

There should have been mass firings across the NNPC, DPR, Navy.
Mass sackings and immediate prosecution, some as high as treason.

But who will do that for us?
Buhari? Tinubu? Atiku?

3 Likes

Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Burgerlomo: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2022
There's no way Shell will steal oil without the locals backing which happened to be Nigerians.
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by RZArecta(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin yeye dey smell grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Coldie(m): 10:37am On Oct 22, 2022
They knew about this for over 7years but waited until tompolo caught the oil thieves?
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Simeonjoe1: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2022
Don't quote that defense news of a guy. He's a rumor peddler
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Boss469(m): 10:39am On Oct 22, 2022
I am from a oil producing lga in Nigeria,but my people can't drink clean water...why?

My people don't have say in their own natural resources...why?

Oil Wells in my lga are owned by yorubas and fulanis....why?
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by Bizibi(m): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2022
Na lie!!! All of you dey involved.....
Re: Shell, Others Responsible For Oil Theft - Nigerian Navy by casualobserver: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2022
there is no doubt there are powerful forces in Nigeria behind the Oil theft. there is also no doubt that the multinational oil companies are the ones facilitating it. Also in no doubt is that western governments know about it and are complicit.

People cannot tap into pipelines without the multinationals being aware, people cannot load illegal oil onto ships without the connivance of the Oil companies, the foreign maritime industry. Oil does not land on foreign shores without the foreign countries knowing where the Oil comes from and knowing it does not tally with official imports.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Clinches 38 Out Of 40 Lagos Assembly Seats. Oshafile, Fashina Win 2 For LP / Nigeria Military Xmas Message / Buhari Listed As A Famous Dictator On Same Site That Listed Him As Alumni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.