Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Single Father In Search Of Love - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Father In Search Of Love (2233 Views)

Lady Accuses Girl Of Dating Her Father In Benin. Confronts Her With Her Friends / Pretty Nigerian Lady Is In Search Of A Boyfriend / Spiritual Father In Osun Kisses His Wife Deeply To Mark Valentine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Juoflife1(f): 11:32am On Oct 23, 2022
I think the best time for a single parent to marry is when the children are little or when they are grown. It is difficult to deal with teenagers.
After I had my child, I waited till I was ready. This is after 7yrs. I started searching and I had this problem. They don't want the child to live with us after marriage. I kept searching till I found the best who accepts him without holding anything back. Take your time, you will find. And don't hide your daughter because of a woman/man.
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
Benokonma:
I had to create an account for this because of the bashing that may follow(the internet never forgives or forget and on this forum I have shared my reservations against single mums..lol).

So back in my university days I had a gf. She took in for me in my final year. Being an Igbo boy,especially from a family that love children and do not like their children growing outside home,my parent's urged me to bring the child home. My ex, is married now. We just grew apart.

I thought being a single dad ,that i will easily find a wife since they are not hated as single mom but I guess things are changing & all single parents are now getting to feel the brunt of it all as all the girls I have discussed marriage with keep hinting and telling me that my daughter would not live with us if we get married. Some have ghosted me even when I was been honest with them.

It is really crazy. Most men will run from responsibility but I did the right thing,became a real man and here is what I get?

I am 32,with a flat of three rooms and I earn well with the prospect of venturing into side business. In fact I am doing well for myself and can comfortably take care of my daughter, a wife and the kids that would come from my marriage. So what is the problem?
I am good looking and fit as well(registered in a gym class) so what is the problem here?

My daughter is twelve,she can bathe herself and do house chores and is well behaved. So how is she a burden? If she were a baby or toddler needing motherly attention then it will be justifiable that they don't want her to live with us(in that case I would have hired a nanny for that).

My baby mama isn't in the picture at all, she is focusing on her marriage, so what is the problem?

These ladies dont give me any tangible reason ,aside the usual "if I were a single mom will you allow me to bring my own kid to our matrimonial house?". Is it now a thing of revenge?

The last heartbreak was painful. This Lady literally bonded with my daughter.plaited my daughter hair, assisted me in school runs ,in fact on several occasions I dropped my daughter off at her place when I went for business trip and my daughter called her "mother" only for her to bring up the issue of my daughter not living with us should we get married. Her reason was that they may be sibling rivalry between the kids and the rest. I was really shattered for my daughter sake because my daughter was already attached to her.
Since then I swore never to introduce any woman to my daughter in order to protect her from rejection.

Single parents in the house that got hitched please show me the way.

Insults are welcome but please include advice after the insult.

MariahAn gel rozr oss pocohan tas emmao det crackh aus Capsloc ked bukaty ne pansoph ist hardd on

Mods (mynd4 4, faran o,rockta tion) abeg move to the front page.

PS: Some dolts who were dropped on their head as babies are already throwing insults.
But let me add the following,
1.this women I meet are good women and are not the hypergamous girls after my money(they are not demanding and giving is mutual). They are decent girls from god fearing families,as I don't wink at subpar women. They only issue here is their insistence that my daughter would not be brought to the matrimonial home.

2.comments are welcome from single parents who are now successfully married with their kids living with them,and wise monikers(as mentioned above). If you want to chip in advice, do so.if you have insults to give, that is fine,but please include an advice as well else I would report you for an instant ban.Don't spam the comment section.please
Nothing good comes easy. You meet good women but you are with baggage (no offense to your wonderful daughter) You have to make a compromise to keep the good women you meet.
Either that or you go for a single mother or you stay completely single like some have suggested earlier.

2 Likes

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by dnawah(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
Mindlog:

Which omugwo? Should the daughter get married, who can stop the biological mother from being part of the wedding arrangements? That the daughter lives with the father, does not mean she has no or will have no relationship with her biological mother.
she is not in the picture.if she want let her come i want to take another one. grin grin grin
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Mindlog: 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
dnawah:
she is not in the picture.if she want let her come i want to take another one. grin grin grin

Even if she is not in the picture, nothing changes the fact that she is her birth mother and if their daughter chooses to have her around her as an adult, no one can do anything about that.

1 Like

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by dnawah(m): 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2022
Mindlog:

Even if she is not in the picture, nothing changes the fact that she is her birth mother and if their daughter chooses to have her around her as an adult, no one can do anything about that.
u don know this gender very well,she have move on.to her it could be like throwing the baby away or aborting her.if that girl come in between her marriage she doesn't mind killing her.
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by dnawah(m): 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
Benokonma:
I had to create an account for this because of the bashing that may follow(the internet never forgives or forget and on this forum I have shared my reservations against single mums..lol).

So back in my university days I had a gf. She took in for me in my final year. Being an Igbo boy,especially from a family that love children and do not like their children growing outside home,my parent's urged me to bring the child home. My ex, is married now. We just grew apart.

I thought being a single dad ,that i will easily find a wife since they are not hated as single mom but I guess things are changing & all single parents are now getting to feel the brunt of it all as all the girls I have discussed marriage with keep hinting and telling me that my daughter would not live with us if we get married. Some have ghosted me even when I was been honest with them.

It is really crazy. Most men will run from responsibility but I did the right thing,became a real man and here is what I get?

I am 32,with a flat of three rooms and I earn well with the prospect of venturing into side business. In fact I am doing well for myself and can comfortably take care of my daughter, a wife and the kids that would come from my marriage. So what is the problem?
I am good looking and fit as well(registered in a gym class) so what is the problem here?

My daughter is twelve,she can bathe herself and do house chores and is well behaved. So how is she a burden? If she were a baby or toddler needing motherly attention then it will be justifiable that they don't want her to live with us(in that case I would have hired a nanny for that).

My baby mama isn't in the picture at all, she is focusing on her marriage, so what is the problem?

These ladies dont give me any tangible reason ,aside the usual "if I were a single mom will you allow me to bring my own kid to our matrimonial house?". Is it now a thing of revenge?

The last heartbreak was painful. This Lady literally bonded with my daughter.plaited my daughter hair, assisted me in school runs ,in fact on several occasions I dropped my daughter off at her place when I went for business trip and my daughter called her "mother" only for her to bring up the issue of my daughter not living with us should we get married. Her reason was that they may be sibling rivalry between the kids and the rest. I was really shattered for my daughter sake because my daughter was already attached to her.
Since then I swore never to introduce any woman to my daughter in order to protect her from rejection.

MariahAngel rozross pocohantas emmaodet crackhaus Capslocked bukatyne pansophist harddon

Mods (mynd44, farano,rocktation) abeg move to the front page.

PS: Some dolts who were dropped on their head as babies are already throwing insults.
1.this women I meet are good women and are not the hypergamous girls after my money(they are not demanding and giving is mutual). They are decent girls from god fearing families,as I don't wink at subpar women. They only issue here is their insistence that my daughter would not be brought to the matrimonial home.

2.comments are welcome from single parents who are now successfully married with their kids living with them,and wise monikers(as mentioned above). If you want to chip in advice, do so.if you have insults to give, that is fine,but please include an advice as well else I would report you for an instant ban.Don't spam the comment section.please
bros no verse of, how often does the mom come to see the child and when did she come last?
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
dnawah:
bros no verse of, how often does the mom come to see the child and when did she come last?

We are continents apart.
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by frozen70(f): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
Benokonma:

MariahAngel rozross pocohantas emmaodet crackhaus Capslocked bukatyne pansophist harddon

Mods (mynd44, farano,rocktation) abeg move to the front page.

I feel your pain, but what you need is a very matured lady or woman who is really ready to settle down for marriage and it's challengings

Look for women who are on the 30s, they are hardly naughty

Any woman that doesn't want you to bring in your child, has an agenda

Keep searching but not with women below 30yrs

You dont need a learner
You need an experience and matured woman

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by begoniaa: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
Benokonma:
You are an animal. Stay off this thread and concentrate on your sociology degree cheers!

grin

Just one comment and your mask has slipped like this? And you're deluding yourself that you're a good person who deserves love and care and shit from a woman?

Now I have no doubt you're one of the vilest, slimmest, low-life mf trolls that crawl on here. How much of me do you know for you to mention that detail, huh, lol? What obsession, because you obviously have been doing some diggings on your main.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
frozen70:

I feel your pain, but what you need is a very matured lady or woman who is really ready to settle down for marriage and it's challengings

Look for women who are on the 30s, they are hardly naughty

Any woman that doesn't want you to bring in your child, has an agenda

Keep searching but not with women below 30yrs

You dont need a learner
You need an experience and matured woman

Thanks alot for your mature advice
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by frozen70(f): 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
Benokonma:

Thanks alot for your mature advice

You are welcome
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by begoniaa: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Me I should stay off this thread, shey? grin grin

For that very reason, if I no derail this thread like-, I no be watin my mama call me. You've basically given me all the push I need to go off and be unhinged with you, lol.

Boya na your papa get NL, you go tell me this beautiful, stress-free Sunday afternoon.

2 Likes

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by begoniaa: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
And you know say your dey find wife? grin

I am not the lonely, man-seeking ***** person here o. I have the freedom to misbehave...but come at me and reveal your hands to the world how you're a despicable human being who is inept in keeping a relationship and being a parent. smiley

The animal amongst the two of us will be judged.

4 Likes

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by begoniaa: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
Now that you mentioned ASUU... be like say I don dey get who you be. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by begoniaa: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2022
**whistling on a recliner** Okay. It seems you've logged into another alternate.

I am waiting...

1 Like

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Sofialuv(f): 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2022
Enny2013:
U ar 32 with a child of 12?
That means u got a lady pregnant at 20 in yr final year.
Bros eeh! U gained admission at 16. Yr Education was so fast men!

Bro, abeg, include yr real age to make it faster and easier for some Nairaland ladies who could b interested....
Thanks.
you have spoken

1 Like

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by pocohantas(f): 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
begoniaa:

grin

Just one comment and your mask has slipped like this? And you're deluding yourself that you're a good person who deserves love and care and shit from a woman?

Now I have no doubt you're one of the vilest, slimmest, low-life mf trolls that crawl on here. How much of me do you know for you to mention that detail, huh, lol? What obsession, because you obviously have been doing some diggings on your main.

Well said! They always slip!

folake4u:

Hiannn. So much vitriol!!! undecided

Are you sure it's not your stinky attitude that is chasing women away? Quote her with your main account,Oga.

Maybe she follow turn am down. grin
Abi na she make im daughter hair?

2 Likes

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Mindlog: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
dnawah:
u don know this gender very well,she have move on.to her it could be like throwing the baby away or aborting her.if that girl come in between her marriage she doesn't mind killing her.

You are the one who have no clue on how the mind of a woman works.

She didn't abort the child nor threw her away, she has been in the care of her father.

When a lady gets pregnant, who is more likely to suggest abortion......the guy or the lady?

1 Like

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Ayooade: 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
I dated a single dad who told me i hated his child, this girl is allowed to talk rudely but I can't talk because shes her dads daughter. There was this day i was talk To the father on phone, she was disturbing and the father said, stop disturbing i am talking with someone, the girl said " wetin concern me", i was so angry i kept it to my sef, now this girl actually collected the phone and told me " don't mind anything my daddy is saying o, he will not marry you". Omo i was so mad that day and instead gor the dad to apologize, he said don't mind her jare shes a small girl. This is a girl of 7 years plus o.
Any woman that wants to marry a single dad must be strong in heart cos especially if its a girl child, na serious competition. Cos the girl will never accept the wife as a mother, the girl can even be planning in her heart to wicked the wife cos she doesn't see her as a mother and another thing is the girl will keep updating her mother about your marriage to your wife and so many things will be going on underground. The only way to avoid this is either you leave the girl with your mom or just register her in the hostel cos trust me they will keep finding each others fault and u sef will be fed up of the whole thing. Even if u are married to a single mom too, na dat one worse pass except non of the children will live with the two of u. To think that your child is even 17, chai

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by InfinityFabric: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
The last heartbreak was painful.
Her reason was that they may be sibling rivalry between the kids and the rest.
YOU SIMPLY HAVE NO FRAME.
They all saw a weak man left.

The more kids a man has, the more his sexual market value (SMV) - that would explain why many girls are turning. If single women are rejecting you, you have a bigger problem them - and it's NOT being a single father.

Edit:
They are decent girls from god fearing families,as I don't wink at subpar women. They only issue here is their insistence that my daughter would not be brought to the matrimonial home.
I haven't read this and I knew FRAME was your problem. My sincerest condolences.
IF it were to be a son, they might overlook your lack of FRAME, but daughter... again accept my condolences.

but please include an advice as well else I would report you for an instant ban.
Still wonder why you're being left, left and right ?
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by dnawah(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
Mindlog:

You are the one who have no clue on how the mind of a woman works.

She didn't abort the child nor threw her away, she has been in the care of her father.

When a lady gets pregnant, who is more likely to suggest abortion......the guy or the lady?
well i ask the father he said they are countries apart.
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
InfinityFabric:

YOU SIMPLY HAVE NO FRAME.
They all saw a weak man left.

The more kids a man has, the more his sexual market value (SMV) - that would explain why many girls are turning. If single women are rejecting you, you have a bigger problem them - and it's NOT being a single father.

Edit:

I haven't read this and I knew FRAME was your problem. My sincerest condolences.
IF it were to be a son, they might overlook your lack of FRAME, but daughter... again accept my condolences.

Still wonder why you're being left, left and right ?
Lol,so this is what you could get from my post? That girls leave me? Lol.just lol.

So feeling heart broken over the pain my daughter felt makes me weak.

Just so you know, this thread was created for my daughter sake.

If I had a son I will not send anybody. How am I to help her in menstruation and other girl issues?

I am in need of someone to love my daughter and not me.
Looking for a mother to my daughter and not my soulmate.

Know the difference.

I should stamp my feet on the ground and insist my daughter lives with me then wake up to her being burnt with hot water or maltreated,all because she didn't willingly accept my daughter but pretended to accept her for fear of losing me?

I appreciate your input bros.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Ayooade: 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Benokonma:

Lol,so this is what you could get from my post? That girls leave me? Lol.just lol.

So feeling heart broken over the pain my daughter felt makes me weak.

Just so you know, this thread was created for my daughter sake.

If I had a son I will not send anybody. How am I to help her in menstruation and other girl issues?

I am in need of someone to love my daughter and not me.
Looking for a mother to my daughter and not my soulmate.

Know the difference.

I should stamp my feet on the ground and insist my daughter lives with me then wake up to her being burnt with hot water or maltreated,all because she didn't willingly accept my daughter but pretended to accept her for fear of losing me?

I appreciate your input bros.

Thank you

Uncle, the only woman that will serve as a mother to your daughter is her mom. I understand the point that you are doing all these for your daughter but do you think its easy for a woman who does not birth a child to behave like her mom?
Even no matter how hard the woman try to be, in your eye and other pples eye, shes not doing enough. U shuldnt av allowed the mother go for the sake of the girl. I was raisedby a step mom, my eye see shege. She pretended to like me at first but wen she entered fully she turned my dad against me. One of the reasons i hated my dad till now
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Durodede: 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hi bro.

I feel ur pains but as a man, I would try to position myself as a single lady in this instance.

Getting married when u ve a teenage daughter at home is like marrying a second wife

It is going to be very tasking for a sìngle lady to live with their husband teenage child/ren cos she would practically be walking on an egg shell. She would struggle with correcting/scolding that child when she misbehaves cos daddy's little girl may tell daddy a diff story and u will definitely always want to be on her side -it's a natural thing-, then rivalry begins.

When she starts giving birth to her own children, there would also be a form of rivalry and competitionfrom her own angle cos she may feel u re not doing enof for her own children so u need to think it all through and know if u re mentally ready for the stress cos trust me it won't be easy even if u marry an Angel. As Human, we naturally detest rivalry/competition and the way the female gender handles it can be somehow.

Suggested way forward if u really intend to get married.
* Be open to putting ur daughter in a good school with good boarding house that u can trust and pls don't bring it up with Ur daughter the reason for doing such so the time she would be spending at home would be minimal.
*Ensure who ever u re getting married to is independent lady that is comfortable and can take care for herself reason is to take care of insecurity on her own part and some of jealousy and to also ensure mutual respect from ur daughter so she won't feel shebi u married my daddy becos of money
Re: Single Father In Search Of Love by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ayooade:
I dated a single dad who told me i hated his child, this girl is allowed to talk rudely but I can't talk because shes her dads daughter. There was this day i was talk To the father on phone, she was disturbing and the father said, stop disturbing i am talking with someone, the girl said " wetin concern me", i was so angry i kept it to my sef, now this girl actually collected the phone and told me " don't mind anything my daddy is saying o, he will not marry you". Omo i was so mad that day and instead gor the dad to apologize, he said don't mind her jare shes a small girl. This is a girl of 7 years plus o.
Any woman that wants to marry a single dad must be strong in heart cos especially if its a girl child, na serious competition. Cos the girl will never accept the wife as a mother, the girl can even be planning in her heart to wicked the wife cos she doesn't see her as a mother and another thing is the girl will keep updating her mother about your marriage to your wife and so many things will be going on underground. The only way to avoid this is either you leave the girl with your mom or just register her in the hostel cos trust me they will keep finding each others fault and u sef will be fed up of the whole thing. Even if u are married to a single mom too, na dat one worse pass except non of the children will live with the two of u. To think that your child is even 17, chai
Female kids are always over possessive of their dads. Most times they see any lady their father is getting intimate with as a threat. Kids within age 7 are worst because they don't understand the dynamics of woman-man relation. or child-man relations. Sorry you had to go through all that. Lol as for me, once I know the guy has a child I jump and pass. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Group Of Divorced Ladies Celebrate The Initiation Of New Members (pix/video) / Do You Still Talk To Your Ex? (question For Men Only) / Has Anyone Had A Sugar Daddy? Or Sugar Mammy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.