Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,196 members, 7,829,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago (1954 Views)

30 Lessons I Wished I Had Learnt Before Turning 30 / Reno Omokri: Men, How Many Of Your 'Urgent 5k' Girls Wished You Happy New Year? / 10 Things I Wish I Knew 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by Pukkalolo: 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2022
Let's get right to it:

1) There's No time.

You think you have time but you don't. Your 20's will come and go faster than your think. Decide what you want to do with your life NOW and get to work NOW.

2) Negativity is the road to positivity.

There are positive experiences: getting married, graduations, new cars, new apartments, engagements, vacations, new jobs, promotions, making more money...

There are negative experiences: getting rejected, messing up a project, not being able to fix a problem, embarrassing yourself in front of everyone, being criticized, failing an examination, not being invited to an event, getting a query letter, getting your heart shattered by the one you love, getting sacked at work, failing at a project...

Everyone wants the positive experiences and avoid the negatives experiences by all means.
But here's the fact: those who are having an amazing life AREN'T those who are having mainly positive experiences: It those who are good at handling the negative experiences.

If you can to learn to handle and endure the negatives experiences life throws; and use it as a stepping stones, then YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING GREAT.

3) There Is No Perfect time

Having the mindset of "I can always improve on this stuff" is better than "this stuff must be perfect".

Trying to make the perfect moves limits you to a whole lot of things. Its one of the main causes of procrastination because you would over analyze and over think things instead of just doing something.

Perfection doesn't really exist. Look at this write up you're reading now. It's not perfect, but it's still drive the point across to you effortlessly. If I was trying to come up with a perfect write-up, there would be no write-up.

4. People Will Come and Go

Some friends will get married and stop associating with you; some will travel to another town, state or country and reduce communication with you; some will get better opportunity and stop interacting with you because they think they are no more in your level; some will basically start distancing themselves from you for whatever reason.
It's part of life, accept it and don't try to force friendship. Start making YOUR GOALS YOUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY .

5) Most of your Friends don't want you to be Successful

I know, this is too bitter to accept, but that's just the truth. This doesn't necessarily mean they low-key hate you, its just that they don't want you to be above them. This is unfortunately true.

That's it...Stay blessed.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by taylor88(m): 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
This Is "Black Pill" the most bittered among all Pills. Enjoy.

Meanwhile with Regards to that No.5. You forgot to add "Even Some Of Your Family Members" doesn't really want to you succeed or be above them. Not all Family though..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by general111(m): 8:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
Very true

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by superCleanworks(m): 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
number 5

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by Enny2013(f): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2022
No. 5....Friends, colleagues n village people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by cutecommend: 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
Vote Good Candidate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by ILEMUDA(m): 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
The number 5 is bea.......no argument.

Please add Uncle in that number 5

most of our Uncle don't want anybody from the same lineage/clan to be better than them.

That's just Black Man Mentality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by Streetmovement(m): 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

In everything you do or experience and live through just mk sure you become successful las las with a lot of money...

E get why!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by 5991ayo: 9:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
True talk or what do u call it someone loan 3k frm u and say he with pay in a week time and still nw 2month and counting no payment yet
Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by STARGREEN(m): 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2022
Never shift to tomorrow what you can do today

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by Starboytwo(m): 11:11pm On Oct 22, 2022
That No 5 tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by Lazylion: 11:38pm On Oct 22, 2022
Learn to be Selfish, never put people interest, happiness before yours. Most time people call you selfish/self-centered, is when their manipulation fails to work and they still want to guilt-trip you

Refuse to do good when it interfare with the BEST.

NOBODY really got your back, even you shadow leaves you in darkness (there are few exceptions where your family/friend[s] helps).

Never tell anyone your next big plan except they are part of the plan or have a role to play.

Dont hurt others unless it interfare with your peace of mind, remember MENTAL HEALTH is the most underated HEALTH.

Love is transactional, the moment you stop meeting the other party needs (emotionally, financially etc), the so-called love begins to fade.

Learn to say NO

Always resist the urge to shalaye because those who matter dont care and those who care dont matter.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by YungTemy(m): 11:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
Facts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by efelicity: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
Ok sir
Re: This Is Painful: 5 Harsh Truth I Wished I Knew 10 Years Ago by efelicity: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2022
ok sir

(1) (Reply)

Whats That Phobia (irrational Fear) You Have? / If The SEAL Is Broken, Please Return It. Learn OR Perish!!!. / Why Does My Girlfriend Refuses My Early Morning Kisses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.